• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help with price

good old lee

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2011
ct
Hi I was talking to a guy in the club I go to and he has a Kimber 8400M with a night force Nxs 5.5-22. Hes willing to sell it to me with a set of redding dies and a pelican hard case, he told me it had 300 rounds down the tube. He wants 5,000. The gun is in almost brand new condition Ive seen it and shot it many times. Do you guys think its a good price? thanks in advance
if you guys think the price is to steep whut would you guys recommend for a rifle/optic combo that is in the same price range?

-zach

Re: Help with price

AXEMAN I followed the link and all I got was error
just off the top of your head whut would a good price be, its a 8400M not just the normal 8400
if that means any thing

5k sounds steep. I would think you could get the rifle for around 1000-1200, scope for 1600-1800, plus base and rings. I dont think thats a great deal.

Tell him you need some lube before he bends you over. For that price you can get into a full custom from some of the top gunsmiths here and still have cash left over to pick up a scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: good old lee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AXEMAN I followed the link and all I got was error </div></div>

AXEMAN is suggesting (correctly I might add) that you use GunBroker as a starting point for determining FMV on items like the one you are looking at.

You can run a search for items and look ONLY at items that have sold. See what the items, in like/similar condition, have sold for and go from there. You can also use the search function here on the Hide for some items and see what they have sold for in the last 6mos or so.

That said...for $5k...sounds waaaay out in left field to me.

What grade is it? Caliber?

What are the scope features? Zero stop and/or High Speed turrets?

Price seems quite high.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ToddKS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What grade is it? Caliber?

What are the scope features? Zero stop and/or High Speed turrets?

Price seems quite high. </div></div>
the scope has bolth the high speed/zero stop and is set up how I like it with MOA knobs and the normal mil-dots
its like new not even a scratch all its bin used for was bench rest at 100yds and Ive bin there every time it was shot and its a normal 308

It looks just like that one but desert stock and can you please tell me whut the "M tactical" means?

You can get a new custom build for that price. Screw that!!!!

For 5k used... you can...

TRG 22 used

Premier Reticle 5-25 used

Rings
100-200.

Bipod, Harris

Much better option than Kimber..... two different leagues.

my gun pimp here in town has this kimber in 308

http://www.kimberamerica.com/rifles/tactical/model-8400-advanced-tactical

in stock and has it listed around 2400 dollars, brand new. that is with the hard case that kimber ships the rifle in.

I would say pass if you are going to buy use. GO to the sales area here and buy a much better custom for around the same price! I know there are several very nice custom 308s for sale right now.

Ill make you a deal.
Ive got a remington 700 ADL with a Vortex scope. Only around 1000 rounds down the tube. Harris bipod included. Ill send you a brand new pelican case too.

Low low price of $2999.

OR

$4999 WITH a counter-sniper scope. Either way, you come in under $5k.

But honestly, look at the FS section here, you can find FULL customs for about half of that. and NF scopes for about another 1-1.5k depending if its a good day.

Thanks guys I talked to my buddie and it turns out he got screwed major when he bought it new with the NF he got whacked 7500 for it! thanks guys
-zach

Did they bother giving him a reach around and for that price they should have thrown in some lube. Holy sh**!

5000$... shit that's enough to do a real custom build, new. Anything used at that price point better be full auto.