• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help with watch and backpack.

G shock

I dont even take them off when welding. Little pieces of met melted in over 7 yrs....
Fyi I do industrial machinery for a living. It gets abused like nothing else

OP doesn’t know what he wants. I offered him a IWC Pilot watch for under 200.00 and he tried to bring me down for a lower price so he co buy a better band.

I’ve exchanged multiple texts with the OP and it’s obvious he doesn’t know what he’s looking for. Kinda sad.

If you can spring for it I highly recommend the Seiko Automatic Dive watch. You can find them on eBay regularly for about $125-150. It will outlast any G-shock or other plastic watch and you'll never need to change batteries or worry about water. I've been wearing mine daily for 25 years. They are built like tanks.
image.jpg

As for packs, the tacticool crap out there weighs way too much to be practical. I'm using an REI pack as well as Marmot packs built for mountaineering purposes. I didn't pay more than $75 for either. EBay is full of clean examples. Look up the Marmot Eiger. If you can find a used Mystery Ranch or even a clean early Dana Designs (pre Mystery Ranch) they are bomb proof. I have both.
Last look at used Mountainsmith or Gegory Zulu 55. All overbuilt packs that will last a lifetime, hence the availability on eBay.

I’ve exchanged multiple texts with the OP and it’s obvious he doesn’t know what he’s looking for. Kinda sad.

We never exchanged texts. Someone jumped on and tried to buy your watch. When you publicly offer someone something. Anyone can and will respond to you.

Secondly this thread is from February. I already purchased a Lumenox black ops 8881 watch. Serves my needs well. Was going to purchase the casio pro treck watch but wanted something smaller. I appreciate all the great suggestions and hope this thread helped more then just me out.

I’ve had good luck with Osprey packs - they have something in almost every shape and size, comfortable for long wear with some weight on it, and they have a lifetime warranty. Most packs are hydration compatible too.

I have killed 3 Luminox watches. Not the cheapies either. Last one was the 8362. I'll never buy them again.

If you want a "CHEAP" watch (under $500) that will last you forever and not be expensive to repair....

Seiko SKX007 - $200-$250
Seiko SRP777 - $200-$250

Both of those will last you a LONG time. Are Rated for 200m (You can swim without worry) and use Automatic Movements that will run without service for 20 years +.

If you want to buy a Respectable Watch that will last you a long time:

Seiko Prospex Marine Master 300 line: $1500-$2500 used.
Omega Seamaster 300 line: $2k-$4k depending on model.

If you want to buy one watch for every occasion that you can pass down to your kids as an heirloom:

Submariner 16610 - $6-8K
Submariner 116610 - $8k+

If you have a 10k Long Range Rig and want to tell the poors to cry:

Go full gold Rolex for anywhere from 10-$30k.... or go Full Platinum at $65k

Watch money laughs at gun money. "Cry More; Poors!" the watches shout.

If you want a "CHEAP" watch (under $500) that will last you forever and not be expensive to repair....

Seiko SKX007 - $200-$250
Seiko SRP777 - $200-$250

Both of those will last you a LONG time. Are Rated for 200m (You can swim without worry) and use Automatic Movements that will run without service for 20 years +.

If you want to buy a Respectable Watch that will last you a long time:

Seiko Prospex Marine Master 300 line: $1500-$2500 used.
Omega Seamaster 300 line: $2k-$4k depending on model.

If you want to buy one watch for every occasion that you can pass down to your kids as an heirloom:

Submariner 16610 - $6-8K
Submariner 116610 - $8k+

If you have a 10k Long Range Rig and want to tell the poors to cry:

Go full gold Rolex for anywhere from 10-$30k.... or go Full Platinum at $65k

Watch money laughs at gun money. "Cry More; Poors!" the watches shout.
It is funny to see people look at watches...
I rarely wear anything above tag or tissot. Have a couple higher end than thatbut no need to show them.

Fyi you can drop 10 stacks on high end rifles before you get to the HIGH END rifles. It's all the same