• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision HELP_Deciding between CQBL-1 and DBAL-I2

dbransco

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I am ready to purchase an IR/visible laser pointer and am having a tough time deciding between the CQBL-1 and DBAL-I2. For those that have used these units, are there any apparent advantages to either one? I like the fact that the CQBL-1 lasers are slaved and I really like its size; however, the new DBALs have high/low laser settings which I have heard is nice. I have no experience with either, so looking for some advice.

Thank you.

I recently purchased a CQBL-1 and the Tvnc torch IR light,THe CQBL-1 is very small and so easy to use,I also have have a tape switch for the laser and the torch IR.It depends on how much rail space that you have,if rail space is no problem then I like the choice that I made,if rail space is limited then the DBAL is a nice option also.
Ron

My 10" gun suffers from lack of "rail"estate to accommodate the 10 pounds of gear I use. I have managed to turn a SBR into a rig with the weight of a bench rest gun. But it kills hogs dead. I tried just shooting with a Pvs-14 (head mounted) and ir laser... Some people come by that skill easier than others I would say. Not me.

Last edited:
I only have the Dbal-I2 & it does have a high/low settings but that is only for the visible laser. The IR laser has a high/low switch but the "high" setting is inoperable for us sheeple so that it only has a low setting.

If getting a Dbal-I2 buy new as some of the older units have battery drain issues.

Thanks everyone, I ordered a DBAL-I2.

Target07 - The new DBAL-I2's come with a operable high/low visible laser, as well as an operable high/low IR laser.

Thanks everyone, I ordered a DBAL-I2.

Target07 - The new DBAL-I2's come with a operable high/low visible laser, as well as an operable high/low IR laser.

Indeed, we started selling these in early February. We've been asking LDI for this upgrade for over a year, we're very happy they decided to do this.

Vic