• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Hensoldt 6-24 vs. S&B PMII 5-25X56

Re: Hensoldt 6-24 vs. S&B PMII 5-25X56

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HuDisCo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It depends on your zero point. Not too many Chey-Tacs are used for shooting at 100 yds for groups. According to Exbal, given a BC of .874 and a MV of 2900 and standard environmentals, 20 mils with the proper base will get you from 200 to 2000 yards.

I have no practical experience with this cartridge so my numbers could be off a little, but it should be a fair estimation of the capabilities.

Nathan
</div></div>

That is true but some 408 and 375/408 shooter are pushing it/ or plan to
grin.gif
beyond 2500m, look:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1067129#Post1067129

I would hate to own a rifle where the optics would limit me.

Cheers,

Master Diver

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoughIsland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fluorite lenses are also soft, compared to glass. </div></div>

The Hensoldt 6-24x72 is the standard issue scope on the German DSR No.1 rifle. It meets all mil-spec requirements.

Fluorite, being a crystal, is actually quite hard. The "softer" lens elements are typically the leaded type.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brazense</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd go with the SuB. Better turrets and reticles. Better as in suits me better, your preference might differ from mine.

I have compared the civ zeiss 6-24 56 with the 5-25 and besides the tunnel vision at low mag, the difference wasn't big optically.
</div></div>

I get this a lot and it is to be expected. The 6-24 Diavari and Hensoldt scopes' optical capabilities are similar, but not identical, give one a look through before you decide. Each scope will have advantages for its intended application.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master Diver</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HuDisCo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It depends on your zero point. Not too many Chey-Tacs are used for shooting at 100 yds for groups. According to Exbal, given a BC of .874 and a MV of 2900 and standard environmentals, 20 mils with the proper base will get you from 200 to 2000 yards.

I have no practical experience with this cartridge so my numbers could be off a little, but it should be a fair estimation of the capabilities.

Nathan
</div></div>

That is true but some 408 and 375/408 shooter are pushing it/ or plan to
grin.gif
beyond 2500m, look:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1067129#Post1067129

I would hate to own a rifle where the optics would limit me.

Cheers,

Master Diver </div></div>

Without going to a lower magnification range, it will be difficult to find a scope with the adjustment range that would be required to take a 408 from 100-2500 yards. All that would be required would be to choose a canted base/ring-mount that would allow a further Zero where reticle "hold-unders" could be utilized for closer distances. I would chance that most of these 2500 yard shooters are dedicated rigs. At that kind of distance, it seems like the extra resolution offered by the large lens would be worth more than a close range zero capability.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

get a USO. BUY AMERICAN

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">get a USO. BUY AMERICAN </div></div>

Kinda inappropriate this is a Hensoldt and S&B thread.With the importer answering peoples questions directly.Not trying to bust your balls just saying....

I don't see how his post was inappropriate.
Premier was mentioned on the first page, and others were mentioned before he did.
Certainly, if the importer started the thread or if the OP had asked questions specific to importer it might be different.

All of the scopes mentioned are damn fine optics, but....
The fact that a rep happens to post in a thread does not make it "his".

that 72mm scope looks plain out retarted!it looks like they made one last try to make a scope that can keep up in the race. personally i dont see why somebody would strive to find a better optic than s&b, i mean damn its awsome!

The S&B is a great scope,I have one and love it but the 72mm does have a place for some people(me included)If you need high mag.that has the same pop as the 3x12x56 ( easy to get into the scope)with low light ability even on high power the 72mm is the best choice.Im not trying to talk anyone into this scope because it is not for everyone, but it is a great scope for its intended use and that is in very low light.

I don't think that any of the scope makers can sit on their laurels while other brands are out trying to make a better product. By the way, I do not think that they have to try and stay in the race, most think that they are the two best products made. I have not been able to look through a hensoldt but according to low light, they must be pretty damn good.

Hello Everyone,

My first post here after reading a lot. I am currently looking at these two models of optics and have a few questions if I may ask.

1) Do both the Hensoldt 6x24 72mm and Victory Diavari 6x24 72mm have steel or alum 34mm tubes?
2)Do both the Hensoldt 6x24 72mm and Victory Diavari 6x24 72mm have threaded objective lens to use the screw-on sunshade?
3)Do both the Hensoldt 6x24 72mm and Victory Diavari 6x24 72mm have the same lenes?...Same coatings?ie:T* anti-reflective multi-layer coatings,FL glass with fluoride ions,Zeiss LotuTec® coating.
4)Do both the Hensoldt 6x24 72mm and Victory Diavari 6x24 72mm come with 34mm rings?
5)Do both the Hensoldt 6x24 72mm and Victory Diavari 6x24 72mm have the ability to use the rubber ocular eyepiece?
6)Do both the Hensoldt 6x24 72mm and Victory Diavari 6x24 72mm have the option of the Rapid-Z RZ-1000 reticle?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer the questions. Looking forward to hearing feedback so that I can make an educated purchase. Sadly, there is not a place I can hold both in my hands to compare.

Thank you,
Monnie

I've personally compared the S&B PMII 5-25 and 3-12 to several of the Hensoldt models in both FFP and SFP. <span style="font-weight: bold">Either would be FINE scopes, regardless of price.</span> However; after that side to side comparison, I'm now saving pennies for a Hensoldt 4-16FFP.