• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hensoldt Spotter

Budrichard

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2019
This image shows what I believe is an older Hensoldt spotter made by/with Zeiss.
The current catalog shows what I believe is a newer model but I can’t find any purchase information for the USA?
I currently have a Leica 85mm with angled eyepiece for bench rest but I want a straight eyepiece for my spotter.
Any assistance appreciated
IMG_6415.jpeg
!
Thank you.
-Richard

Reactions: simonp
I haven't seen anything about the Spotter 42 being imported into the US.

What has you looking at this one over the other straight spotters already in the US?

From a French Supplier
”Good day Sir
I’m sorry but I do not have the right to export it to civilians.
I can retail you the 20-60x spotter from Leupold.
Please advise.”

Apparently restrictions on Military Sales to Civilians rears its ugly head!

If you are seriously interested, I have a lightly used one in a pelican case with cover, and rails. Just PM me if you are interested, but I'm not going ot give it away. It is the 60 power, not the 45.

Are you specifically trying to find one with Zeiss branding like what’s in the photo? Or just any Hensoldt spotting scope?

1712974363148.jpeg

I got mine 12 years ago and still going strong. This is what the Spotter 60 looks like out of the box (minus the PLRF).

1712974619242.png

This is the same Spotter many years later with the Triad cover.

I want an armored 2nd Gen model which I believe comes in Dark Earth.
I have a quote coming from a Canadian Company.
The first gen was a Zeiss/Hensoldt product.
We will see if this comes through.
Thanks for the replies and offer but I will wait for the quote.-Richard

I want an armored 2nd Gen model which I believe comes in Dark Earth.
I have a quote coming from a Canadian Company.
The first gen was a Zeiss/Hensoldt product.
We will see if this comes through.
Thanks for the replies and offer but I will wait for the quote.-Richard

Gen2 model?

What are you talking about?

The Spotter45/ 60 or their new Spotter42?

Good looking Spotter!
Thanks for the info!
Why the 45 over the 60?
Hopefully mine will come via Canada!
-Richard

I’d probably be considering the new Nightforce spotter if looking at the unobtainable Spotter 42.

Doubt the glass will be close, which is why the Hensdoldt is king.

Not to mention it’s a glorified scope without turrets.
Maybe not. I doubt anyone here will be able to make that real world comparison. Better than the Bushnell and Leupold that fit in this space though. So maybe second best and second most expensive.

Obtainability and serviceability are two relevant topics however when wanting to spend several grand.

Maybe not. I doubt anyone here will be able to make that real world comparison. Better than the Bushnell and Leupold that fit in this space though. So maybe second best and second most expensive.

Obtainability and serviceability are two relevant topics however when wanting to spend several grand.
How do you know its better? Nightforce spotters have historically been rebranded meopta's at a huge markup. A shitty deal for anyone who can match 2 pictures.

And how do you know its better than Bushnell or Leopold? The LMSS is built like a tank and has been used in service all over the world. Same with leopold spotters, and many of the gold ring types have excellent glass. Both can be had with a reticle and both dont touch the glass quality of the Spotter 45/60. In fact, nothing does outside of Kowa and Swaro $4K glass.

Why the Spotter 42 over the Spotter 45?
Just an attempt to recoup development costs selling a the Spotter 42 without Rangefinder and Ballistic Calculator?
Or European Regulations that prohibit sale or export with those features?
I assume the HENSOLDT RangR 42 is unobtanium?
-Richard

How do you know its better? Nightforce spotters have historically been rebranded meopta's at a huge markup. A shitty deal for anyone who can match 2 pictures.

And how do you know it’s better than Bushnell or Leopold? The LMSS is built like a tank and has been used in service all over the world. Same with leopold spotters, and many of the gold ring types have excellent glass. Both can be had with a reticle and both dont touch the glass quality of the Spotter 45/60. In fact, nothing does outside of Kowa and Swaro $4K glass.
Prettty sure their new offering is not a Meopta lol.

I’ve owned both the Mk4 and Spotter 45. Ordered and sent back the LMSS. Albeit it not the Gen 2. But you’re right. I don’t know for sure but can make a bold assumption given what I know about one product versus experience with the others with bleed over from scope offerings.

Anyways I don’t make money from my recommendations. I just say where I’d put it if it were me. 💁‍♂️

Henny on top. NF on bottom. I’d def take the NF over my Leupy. Havent messed with the Bushy except once. Limited time. So can’t compare.

Forgot what power I had them on. But they were the same power range.

1713212832951.jpeg

Reactions: charnicus
Henny on top. NF on bottom. I’d def take the NF over my Leupy. Havent messed with the Bushy except once. Limited time. So can’t compare.

Forgot what power I had them on. But they were the same power range.

View attachment 8397250
Quite the difference in color and contrast between them. Hensoldt is more vivid.

New NF 6-36x. This one is much better pic of it. Give it a bit more justice. It was a S* day with weather. Even though pics were taking within 1min of each other.

I even had my Leupy out that day. And it was def the worse of the 3.

Hensoldt is a different animal.

1713222138495.jpeg

Reactions: precisionpaper
I don't think it would be poorly spent money. I have been impressed with their scopes. How do the prices vary between zeiss and hensoldt. If memory serves me, the zeiss mil. Spotter was around $4000+