• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Here is my field gear. Looking for Opinions.

He lost me at “milsim “

At first I thought it was Muslim. But that didn’t track.

Then I thought it was to bring MILFs in... which is valid because they love operators.

Then I realized it was military simulation. And lol’d! Because it is an un-necessary contraction. Around here we just say we ‘Play War’.

We also hang out on forums for cowboys and Indians, cops and robbers and a few still like the ‘playing doctor’ site. But that has sort of evolved since we were 10 and now is NSFW.

Anyhoo... enjoy.

Cheers, Sirhr

I'd appreciate the web site for "playing Doctor" please........

OP, lozenges and rem oil. Trust me on this and pay no never mind to the haters. They're just Jealous of your awesome kit. Rock on Brother.

I'd appreciate the web site for "playing Doctor" please........

Phub has a section for that, it’s called “fake doctor” there’s also sections for “playing taxi”

Reactions: 1J04
Hi,

Did someone say LARP.......

I will play the role of injured operator that has to be cut out of my 80lb of useless gear to find bottom of wishing well....

Sincerely,
Theis

Rhino- I really hope you have thick skin or you are an excellent troll. Because it will just keep coming. You need to either shake it off as a rookie mistake or secretly laugh your face off as the jackals keep taking your bait.

If you are not a troll I would suggest investing in better quality clothing, a sling, get rid of all the pouches and maybe a drag bag?

But I’m just a back country hunter type guy and I know practically zero about field ops, milsim or being an operator like a lot of the guys on this site. They have seen action...been shot at...life on the line shit. Stuff you and I can’t relate to in the slightest. And there are a ton of dudes on this sight that have lots of real life experience! So maybe just lurk for a while and read/research and keep the question posts to specific gear haha.

Also...Face paint would look pretty cool as well and maybe a book or two for those long boring stretches.

If you are from down under I get the bolt rifle situation since you can’t legally own a semi auto.

Thegerman was pretty brutal but he did sort of nail all the weak spots in your loadout from what I can tell...plus his post was pretty hilarious!

If you are a troll...well done sir well done.

Actually as a former combat infantryman in the jungle, it is an OK start. I would think about a heavier loadout of ammo. I learned the hardware, a backup pistol is always a good option.

Take this out in the field and see how it works.

@Saclee Rhino

Where did you go?

I'm completely serious about helping you out if you honestly wanted help and don't have hurt feelings from us pointing out that you look like a Ghost Recon caricature.

Last edited:
These threads show the potential of starting off slowly. Gradual escalation....

Move to the pit and keep it rolling.

You're missing pretty much the entire basic infantry packing list, but you got everything else.

"Preppers" is on the TV right now so I'm getting more than my daily allowance at the moment.

-1 for not listing a P38, gotta have a P38.

Reactions: Blutroop
I’m more baffled / intrigued by OPs like this that post this stuff and think it is going to go well for them.

Yeah this thread became a tad epic there for a bit. MILSIM though - I think that pretty much made everyone throw up in their mouth a little. I can see where the OP is coming from and that's clearly not the same direction where he should be headed. That being said, @TheGerman offered legitimate advice for him.

The thread isn't a total loss I believe because of this.

Yeah this thread became a tad epic there for a bit. MILSIM though - I think that pretty much made everyone throw up in their mouth a little. I can see where the OP is coming from and that's clearly not the same direction where he should be headed. That being said, @TheGerman offered legitimate advice for him.

The thread isn't a total loss I believe because of this.

I think he put together his 'setup' well as far as what he probably wanted it to look like. Aesthetics wise, yes, it looks exactly like what most people would think a sniper would look like. He had something in mind before even starting and it wasn't mission specific or specific to anything except 'sniper'; but I get it, you can't put together something that will work for everything.

However, the real problems showed when the setup he was confident enough in to make a thread about here consisted of basically airsoft quality gear, airsoft clothes, a giant ghille that didn't even match his actual AO, multiple knives, extra snipery spare ammo and other bullshit, yet failed to incorporate the most important things that you have on you basically all of the time and most importantly - why.

By the way, how did I/we miss the fucking THIGH RIG?!??

The issue isn't that he does milsim or is dressing up; whatever do what you want. The issue is that if that is what he thinks is GTG he is missing a lot of the very basic levels of understanding of what/why/how and doesn't even remotely know what he doesn't know. Hence why I think he basically abandoned the thread and why my original offer to actually spend time going back and forth with him to help him understand things better and point him in the direction of what he should be reading and figuring out still stands.

Last edited:
Op doesn’t know what he doesn’t know.
Yup. We just moved so mine is packed away in the pelican case with my old kit. But it will go back up on the "I Love Me" wall soon enough.

I have a few of them. Different types I used. There up in the rafters for now until I get my garage set up right. Then they’ll be back up on the wall.

Op doesn’t know what he doesn’t know.

I have a few of them. Different types I used. There up in the rafters for now until I get my garage set up right. Then they’ll be back up on the wall.
I’ve got an OG Multicam one I hand made a decade ago when I was an E3 out of Multicam before Multicam was cool, and a rad DCU vented back that was also a go to back in the day.

I’ve got an OG Multicam one I hand made a decade ago when I was an E3 out of Multicam before Multicam was cool, and a rad DCU vented back that was also a go to back in the day.

Nice! Yeah, I’ve got (2) 3/4 Sleeve mesh tops that were pretty handy. 1 jungle / woodland and one I attached desert cammi netting to and used quite abit in Afghanistan. Those ones were really handy and used them the most. Quick to through on over your gear and easy to pack without taking up your whole ruck. They’re all pretty old, but my oldest is the one I made when I got to the platoon and used through SSBC. That ones 20 years old damn near. Got a lot of stalks on that one.

Lol, crazy how fast time goes by.......Seems like yesterday. Lol those were some good days with good people for sure.

Nice! Yeah, I’ve got (2) 3/4 Sleeve mesh tops that were pretty handy. 1 jungle / woodland and one I attached desert cammi netting to and used quite abit in Afghanistan. Those ones were really handy and used them the most. Quick to through on over your gear and easy to pack without taking up your whole ruck. They’re all pretty old, but my oldest is the one I made when I got to the platoon and used through SSBC. That ones 20 years old damn near. Got a lot of stalks on that one.

Lol, crazy how fast time goes by.......Seems like yesterday. Lol those were some good days with good people for sure.
I’ll have to show a picture of my ruck cover I made as a private. Got me through USASS and the basic German Sniper Course as well as through a year in Paktika. Fun times, and fun gear back before it was cool!

Condor... You know what's most fucked up? They sell that gear next to clothing and sales and the class 6 at Ft. Lewis, a whole store FULL of Condor shit along with a few brands of boots they may or may not have in clothing and sales. Says "Made in China" right there on it. I remember when they used to bitch about TT gear but at least that's quality shit and locally made so it can be custom.

WTF? Selling Condor plate carriers on post. Soldiers that don't know any better will buy that shit thinking it's GTG because it's for sale on post and their COC may think the same way and endorse it. IMO aftermarket gear shouldn't be sold on post unless it's quality vetted shit.

BTW, democreeps are learning about NODs, armor and other gear and wanna ban that now too. If you wanna set of decent plates and kevlar just to have on hand, now's probably the best time to get it.

Condor... You know what's most fucked up? They sell that gear next to clothing and sales and the class 6 at Ft. Lewis, a whole store FULL of Condor shit along with a few brands of boots they may or may not have in clothing and sales. Says "Made in China" right there on it. I remember when they used to bitch about TT gear but at least that's quality shit and locally made so it can be custom.

WTF? Selling Condor plate carriers on post. Soldiers that don't know any better will buy that shit thinking it's GTG because it's for sale on post and their COC may think the same way and endorse it. IMO aftermarket gear shouldn't be sold on post unless it's quality vetted shit.

BTW, democreeps are learning about NODs, armor and other gear and wanna ban that now too. If you wanna set of decent plates and kevlar just to have on hand, now's probably the best time to get it.
Yeah shit should be illegal.

Reactions: kingston
Sent over from Graf to Hammelburg Nov-Dec 2010.

That was after my time. They probably took the life sized bronze statue of me down by then too :p

Please tell me you experienced Olly's Landezone while you were there?

eta - Is there still a ribbon for completing the 'joint training' that the US .mil awards for going through the course?

Reactions: DaleGribble82

I was at the exchange on base at Point Loma earlier this year and saw the exact same thing. An isle of nothing but made in china bullshit airsoft gear at 150% retail.

That was after my time. They probably took the life sized bronze statue of me down by then too :p

eta - Is there still a ribbon for completing the 'joint training' that the US .mil awards for going through the course?

This is my class info.

IV. Inspektion Infanterieschule Hammelburg Verwendungslehrgang Scharfschütze G22 Class (HS:20)

I didn’t get anything but a diploma in German and a certificate in English.

Reactions: HogsLife
This is my class info.

IV. Inspektion Infanterieschule Hammelburg Verwendungslehrgang Scharfschütze G22 Class (HS:20)

Ah ok, thats basically the G22 familiarization 'phase'.

There's a course that classes from Bragg did (still do?) as part of some NATO joint training thing. I think your's was something a bit different, assuming the joint training with Bragg classes even exists at this point; my last time in Hammelburg was in 2002 prior to the Bundeswehr reorganization.

Ah ok, thats basically the G22 familiarization 'phase'.

There's a course that classes from Bragg did (still do?) as part of some NATO joint training thing. I think your's was something a bit different, assuming the joint training with Brass classes even exists at this point; my last time in Hammelburg was in 2002 prior to the Bundeswehr reorganization.
My class was the German equivalent of the United States Army Sniper School but for the Bundeswher.

I was at the exchange on base at Point Loma earlier this year and saw the exact same thing. An isle of nothing but made in china bullshit airsoft gear at 150% retail.

Yep, then it's some general or politician's doing to make money. I installed the alarm for the asshole that foisted MILES gear on us. Some brass asshole that knew everything. That junk oughta be illegal too, I got better force on force training one day when the whole platoon went to a paintball field and we had 'em max the pressure on the guns. Some guys got marked up good. It was a lot of fun.

We had this one deal we used during live fire training that shot paint balls back at you when the target popped up. I never got a good look at it, it was always spitting shit in my direction, but it was better than nothing. Only seen it that one time and wouldn't surprise me if it was DIY, we DIY'd breaching gear and grappel hooks.

@Strykervet, MILES works excellent when it is put into work by people who give a shit about it working. I work with an organization that uses MILES, and each SAT is zeroed with the weapon it is on, batteries are maintained, god guns kept in working order, etc. The reason it works is because there is a guy who "owns" that job.

As opposed to when I used it in basic training, where you have a DS or two that have a million other things they have to do, and a ton of other things they would rather be doing, than making sure the MILES is good to go so that some privates can play laser tag.

Believe me, I had the same opinion as you on MILES before I saw it in action outside of the Army. Private sector winning again, I guess.

@Strykervet, MILES works excellent when it is put into work by people who give a shit about it working. I work with an organization that uses MILES, and each SAT is zeroed with the weapon it is on, batteries are maintained, god guns kept in working order, etc. The reason it works is because there is a guy who "owns" that job.

As opposed to when I used it in basic training, where you have a DS or two that have a million other things they have to do, and a ton of other things they would rather be doing, than making sure the MILES is good to go so that some privates can play laser tag.

Believe me, I had the same opinion as you on MILES before I saw it in action outside of the Army. Private sector winning again, I guess.
This is 100% fact, I conducted training with a private sector company that facilitated the training for my active duty unit for 30 days in Fort Picket, Virginia. Each day we stood in line handed over our ID cards and were issued our weapon, MILES gear, and the civilians linked everything up prior to us stepping off. Everything worked flawlessly because they took care of the shit.

@Saclee Rhino

Did he die?

I could literally build you a legit setup off of the EE on here and ARF for less than you paid for that airsoft shit.

Hell, I see that my original gangster Crye CVC has lost its unicorn status and can even be had for cheap; I should have sold mine when they were going for $500+ to milsim kids.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Hi,

IF he did, then someone is using his account here because he was logged on at 0516 this morning.....
I am pretty sure he just does not want to talk with you, lol.

Sincerely,
Theis

Its like "Mean Girls Go Tactical" around here who can blame him.......

but if your skin is that thin the plate carrier wont save you anyway.