• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Here is what RWSgunsmithing can do for you!!!!!!

skeetlee

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Central Illinois
These are some of the first loads i have shot with this rifle. I did a barrel brake in while i was down in OK but i didnt have a chance to shoot it much. These loads are all with 123gr sierra with different powder. I was shooting from a bi-pod with a shitty rear bag. The wind was 15-20mph hour here in Illinois today. I am very pleased but there is some work to do. Robert is a very professional and competent gun builder. Give him a try and you will not be sorry!!!
What do you fellas use for a rear bag with the AICS stocks? I am having a hard time finding a bag that will work correctly. I am thinking about buying a mono pod for the stock. anyone have any suggestions? Enjoy Lee

easter09012.jpg

Re: Here is what RWSgunsmithing can do for you!!!!!!

Posted on your 6.5 creedmoor whats your throughts thread, but figure it wouldnt hurt here either...

Pictures and specs would be nice on your rifle
smile.gif

Thanks

Yea, let's see some rifle pics...

Here you go!!

Groups were all 5 shot = 0.280, 0.786, 0.300, 0.520, 0.354, 0.581. Keep in mind that these were shot in a strong wind and from a bipod with a shitty rear rest. Enjoy!!!

RWS001.jpg

Forgot the rifle specs- rem 700 trued action Krieger 26" 1-8 twist AICS stock, PT&G firing pin assembly, Falcon 5-25 MRAD scope. TPS rings and EGW 20moa base. factory rem trigger (that needs to change!!!!) I think thats about it. Bullets were 123gr sierra hpbt. Lee

Wow nice looking rig you have there! with groups like that it seems like it will be a shooter to me!

Wish i could build a precision rig like that, however its probably a bit out of my/my fathers price range! hah!

Get with Redman about the rear bag, I have not personally used one, but there is no lack of people here that they will tell you they are the shit. You will also need some of his ammo management sytems and cards for that AICS
wink.gif

http://www.redtacgear.com/

Nice looking rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jv101</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its probably a bit out of my/my fathers price range! hah!</div></div> A friend of mine plays golf with clubs he bought at WalMart. He puts a hurting on most of the people he plays with, but the part he enjoys the most is when they ask where he got his clubs .... the looks on their faces is priceless.

In shooting, master the wind, and you'll whomp most shooters.

I personally will never again be 100% satisfied with a factory rifle again. Rijndael is right about the reading the wind, but if your rifle isnt accurate you will never know if your making good wind calls or not. With this said, I do have a bone stock rem 700 varmint with an HS stock in 243 that shoots awesome groups. I have never seen another factory rifle like it. Some times you get lucky!! Lee

That's pretty slick Lee, with the 8 twist, I would try the 140 AMAX. It should do better at distance.

I only shot 3 of the 5 140's as they were to fast. They were running at 3150ish I didnt have any pressure signs but it was still to hot. I will slow them down a bit and try them at 2=300 yards. Lee

nice rifle,congrats!,Im gona send Robert another rem700 action to barrel up another one for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skeetlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I only shot 3 of the 5 140's as they were to fast. They were running at 3150ish I didnt have any pressure signs but it was still to hot. I will slow them down a bit and try them at 2=300 yards. Lee </div></div>
First off - WOW.
Looks like Christmas!
3150 140 grn. in a 26 in. barrel. That doesn't sound like the factory recipe.
PM inbound.

That is interesting. 3100ish FPS is 6.5x284 numbers!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skeetlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I forgot to mention that this is a 6.5 creedmoor!! </div></div>

Nice shooting Lee. I just picked up an action 2 weeks ago to build something in either 6.5 creedmoor or .260 rem.....Got a while to make up my mind waiting on barrel.

The only down side i can see to the 6.5 creedmoor is the lack of loading data. I had to make an educated guess as to were to start on these loads. Fortunately everything was ok, but it is a little scary. The varget shot really well, but there wasnt anything in print to go by. Be carefull if you reload. Lee

For data, start with the side of a box of Hornady ammo.

The accushot monopod works great for the AICS. You do have to get used to shooting it though.
I have that exact stock. You will want a 6-9 bipod for the accushot to work well.

-dan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is interesting. 3100ish FPS is 6.5x284 numbers!!! </div></div>

That's what I was thinking!
Good thing it doesn't equal the performance of the 6.5x47, that would qualify you as being on crack.

Quote from another post -
"Lapua did good on this, anyone tells ya 260 or CM are equal to in performance is smoking crak

Enjoy bro it will run fps that 260/CM guys just dream about."
- Karl2U

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skeetlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I only shot 3 of the 5 140's as they were to fast. They were running at 3150ish I didnt have any pressure signs but it was still to hot. I will slow them down a bit and try them at 2=300 yards. Lee </div></div>

Those numbers sound unrealistic. What brand of chrony are your using?

Those are some insane velocities. I was getting close to that with 123gr SMK's in my 6.5x47L. Just started loading my .260, and so far it's pretty slow...

Great stuff. Can't wait to get some rounds thru mine.

I suppose the chrony was off but all three shots registered in the 3100+ range????? I dont know?? Not trying to pull anyone leg as there is nothing to gain by doing so!!! I am glad that i tried some varget as it was more accurate than the H4350. The hornady box doesnt have any info for varget. Its a good powder for this chartridge. I also used it in my 260rem with good results. RE17 showes the worst results for me with the 123gr sierra's. I will admit my chrony is a very basic unit. I will shoot a couple more to confirm, and i will share with you what i find. Later Lee

Lee: I'm loading for the 6.5 x 47L. I shot the RL-17 last week with 130 Bergers and it showed some real promise. 123g's probably on the light side for RL17. H4350 was very accurate, but I couldn't get enough in the case to make velocity. Varget and RL15 shot 120-130g bullets well, but Varget got me there with .5 g less powder, less pressure and lower SD's. Sounds like your on the right track.

Thanks for the report.

Im sending my 300win parts to RWS tommarrow afternoon. It will be a cool little rifle.

Some time you should see if you can borrow someone's chrono and shoot them in tandem. I did that, and my buddies was consistently 20ft/s faster than mine.

that's a wet dream waiting to happen, skeetlee. good lookin' woman you got there.