• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Hhhmmm a banana shaped suppressor

Zevdogs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2010
Utah
No I'm not crazy what if you take you normal suppressor and have the end curve down... The bullet would still exit through a straight bullet path but the extra tube at the end past the last baffle would be empty and thus capture all the gases that would normally exit the same hole as the bullet
I'm not sure about the amount of gas you could capture with out a suppressor blowing up but it would be interesting

Re: Hhhmmm a banana shaped suppressor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">go away..................................... </div></div>

What Boltripper said, but before you leave. Please video tape yourself doing this, so we can all point and laugh at you and your destroyed can.

The dynamics of a suppressor are to slow exiting gas,and give it a slight moment to cool not to capture like a balloon.
And would you want a suppressor shaped like a male genitalia. You would be the laughing stock of the firing range. "Look who couldn't get his gun up"

We need an MS Paint drawing to help us understand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red_SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We need an MS Paint drawing to help us understand. </div></div>

65389567_9737b2a6b0_o.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zevdogs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No I'm not crazy what if you take you normal suppressor and have the end curve down... The bullet would still exit through a straight bullet path but the extra tube at the end past the last baffle would be empty and thus capture all the gases that would normally exit the same hole as the bullet
I'm not sure about the amount of gas you could capture with out a suppressor blowing up but it would be interesting </div></div>

I do not understand
confused.gif
You want to attach a banana to the end of your rifle? Please tell me more about this phenomenon...Has anyone else tried it? Does it work?

"Go away......."

Okay that statement made laugh out loud for a minute or two

I THINK I understand what you are attempting to say. If I understand your idea, it will simply do nothing but add extra volume past the point at which the bullet would have exited the can.

Basically bullet flies on a straight (relative term) trajectory (duh). When the can curves, the bullet is still going stright and the can would be drilled for such...however the curve of the 'banana' can would add volume...is this your idea? if so I already have some needles ready to pop it...like the fact that any excess pressure at the point of bullet exiting would exit, as well as fill the excess 'banana' volume.

how would that add volume vs. just displacing volume to a different area realtive the bore sight? Offset suppressors are not new.

Or are these gasses trapped by gravity?

I think the OPs has the wrong produce, maybe try a eggplant.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Engineer Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I THINK I understand what you are attempting to say. If I understand your idea, it will simply do nothing but add extra volume past the point at which the bullet would have exited the can.

Basically bullet flies on a straight (relative term) trajectory (duh). When the can curves, the bullet is still going stright and the can would be drilled for such...however the curve of the 'banana' can would add volume...is this your idea? if so I already have some needles ready to pop it...like the fact that any excess pressure at the point of bullet exiting would exit, as well as fill the excess 'banana' volume.

Basically yes ... If we dident think out of the norm of what was acceppted the cans would still be wipes and round not the mono cores used now and a rectangle like the osprey and black box

</div></div>

That extra tube length would have the same function as extra suppressor length. That means it could be made to work, the problem is that beside poor aesthetics, the silencer would still be longer which is something a designer could already do. (Make the silencer longer).

In other words it doesn't accomplish anything unique, so there's no justification for the feature.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zevdogs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No I'm not crazy what if you take you normal suppressor and have the end curve down... The bullet would still exit through a straight bullet path but the extra tube at the end past the last baffle would be empty and thus capture all the gases that would normally exit the same hole as the bullet
I'm not sure about the amount of gas you could capture with out a suppressor blowing up but it would be interesting </div></div>

.....serious.....?

how about building a bigger can?

just sayin....

I just use a fleshlight for a can, it gets the same attention as a banana supressor at the range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just use a fleshlight for a can, it gets the same attention as a banana supressor at the range. </div></div>

That is out fucking standing! Now that is what Im talking about...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just use a fleshlight for a can, it gets the same attention as a banana supressor at the range. </div></div>

But which way is it mounted?

Chiller, The good thing about a Fleshlight is that you can mount it any way you see fit, orientation doesn't matter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Code</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chiller, The good thing about a Fleshlight is that you can mount it any way you see fit, orientation doesn't matter. </div></div>

I concur!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Code</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chiller, The good thing about a Fleshlight is that you can mount it any way you see fit, orientation doesn't matter. </div></div>

Right, orientation doesn't matter, that's why they make the different inserts for it, front door for <span style="color: #000099">him</span>, or back door for <span style="color: #FF6666">him</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TangoDown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread is amazing.... </div></div>

I really wish their was a thread listing the epic threads..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpmuscle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TangoDown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread is amazing.... </div></div>

I really wish their was a thread listing the epic threads.. </div></div>

No doubt. I really enjoyed this.

i knew i would catch a lot of shit about this thread and i meant no disrespect i was just trying to think out side the box.
let me tell you about my visit to silencerco Friday and it might help out what my post was trying to say
i met josh and shot both the 9mm and 45 osprey and wow they are great suppressors but i also asked if i could see the production side of things....
the first can i got a look at was the 9mm osprey and guess what the baffles are in the shape of BANANAS but not as i was thinking of but 6 end to end in a very cool tomb stone shaped container(if you look at it straight on)....so to explain a little the bullet goes through the top of each baffle and the gases are directed downwards by baffles that look as the shape of a banana they are just in a container that's much better than what i was thinking of

I heft my 2 fingers of good Kentucky bourbon neat, to you Bolt. To your health.