• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

High end truck gun

There are plenty of 1 MOA chrome linned barrels out there in the world. The suggestion that it's not enough accuracy to kill an animal is retarded as FK.
Aren't RPR's chrome lined? They're very capable rifles out of the box.

read thru the whole thread to see if anyone commented, they didnt, so ill bite. what say you makes a virtus better than 2 rifles combined? especially 2 of the best rifles you can get in the category?
Also, interested in this.

Lastly, if anyone here is selling something like what I am looking for, PM me details.

Those rifle's weren't demanding $3,000 on Gunbroker not long ago. I believe the MCX maybe more reliable than DD or KAC the MCX had to meet a 20,000 round suppressed without needing replacement parts reliability requirement for the SURG contract it's a reliability standard the others can't meet and those trials were so demanding SOCOM had to hold them 3 times because until the Sig no one could meet the requirements. Also it has multi caliber capabilities, is designed around how we're using tactical carbines today vs an old design that's adapted for it, the ability to fold adds practicality for transport and concealabilty in a vehicle or a pack, it's a better platform for any user that plans to suppress, and in a short barrel configuration I believe it's the better option over DI.
I hear what youre saying. and i acknowledge they passed a few tests. and it may be a fine rifle. Ive owned quite a few sig rifles. but sig doesnt quite have the reputation for quality control that kac does. nor does it come close to the fit and finish. and sig has had plenty of issues over the years. so some people say kacs the best. some say lmt. some weirdos say sig. I say you can have all of them, ill keep my radian. if you know, you know.
also to compare what things are going for on gunbroker during the age of covid is kind of a dumb argument. I just sold a rem tac14 for over 2k. thats a 800 dollar shotgun.

I hear what youre saying. and i acknowledge they passed a few tests. and it may be a fine rifle. Ive owned quite a few sig rifles. but sig doesnt quite have the reputation for quality control that kac does. nor does it come close to the fit and finish. and sig has had plenty of issues over the years. so some people say kacs the best. some say lmt. some weirdos say sig. I say you can have all of them, ill keep my radian. if you know, you know.
also to compare what things are going for on gunbroker during the age of covid is kind of a dumb argument. I just sold a rem tac14 for over 2k. thats a 800 dollar shotgun.

I'm talking about how the MCX's quality and reliability is vetted by SOCOM themselves and in the ways it's vetted by them it's a more reliable platform than KAC, DD, or LMT. It's a statement that is not debatable unless you're challenging SOCOM's knowledge and testing results.

It's because of what the MCX brings to the consumer that those other products don't that it is selling for $3,000 during a national shortage when $1800 was a good price prior while those other products weren't selling for a $1,200 price increase. In fact I can think of no premium priced tactical carbine that was or still is in such demand as the MCX. And yes money is a good way to measure what's in demand in fact it's the best way to measure what's in demand (you have heard of supply and demand right?). However we need to compare sale prices of items to the prices of similar items to make such a comparison which when we're talking tactical carbines you telling us about a shotgun doesn't do.

Where are you finding parts? I can’t find shit and I’ve dealer accounts all over the place.

Barrel: Compass Lake Engineering (4 weeks which is their standard time)

Upper: Vltor Mur — googled and checked several vendors till I found one

BAD Titanium Gas block: Rainer arms

Mid length gas tube: BCM

Handguard: V Seven Weapon Systems

BCG: I always have extra LMT ones on hand

Only thing I’m still missing is a Surefire closed tine flash Hider (non warcomp) . Won’t take long. Just have to check several sites.

Retail vendors are a much better bet than suppliers simply because there’s so many more of them. The businesses on page 6 in the google search need love too, and they still have parts... because they’re on page 6.

Reactions: Shanerbanner10
Barrel: Compass Lake Engineering (4 weeks which is their standard time)

Upper: Vltor Mur — googled and checked several vendors till I found one

BAD Titanium Gas block: Rainer arms

Mid length gas tube: BCM

Handguard: V Seven Weapon Systems

BCG: I always have extra LMT ones on hand

Only thing I’m still missing is a Surefire closed tine flash Hider (non warcomp) . Won’t take long. Just have to check several sites.

Retail vendors are a much better bet than suppliers simply because there’s so many more of them. The businesses on page 6 in the google search need love too, and they still have parts... because they’re on page 6.

I feel you there and trust me I went through dozens of pages, mostly looking for complete rifles to get an idea of what to build. I have been building bolt guns for several years now and literally haven't batted an eye at an AR. Now things are crazy.

Reactions: roamin
I have a NIB HK SP5 that I will probably get rid of to fund this build. The prices on those SP5's are silly at the moment.

IMG_20200902_021235.jpg

My bad my guy!

• Love
Reactions: LilGucci and Luka
Here’s my take modified Seekins PDW

E65FABD4-9A53-4778-B3B1-3005BDC882D0.jpeg

B949C21D-ADFD-47A5-ABA2-EC4E019087F8.jpeg

I already had one of their SP223 billet lowers that I Form 1ed. So I ordered just their PDW 10.5in upper with their new toolless gas block. Which is badass by the way. I didn’t care for the Odin stock that Seekins builds their guns with. I went with the LWRC UCIW which is stupid compact. The complete rifle with the stock collapsed is 24in.

Gieselle SD3G trigger, Radian Talon short throw safety, DeadAir Sandman S suppressor. Gun shoots lights out.

Reactions: Sandhog308
Low End Truck Gun ! ! Working on a proper Truck Gun ...but until ...I
Have a Mexican rifle Named “ La Coruna” circa 1953......308/7.62x 51...doesn’t matter...Kicks like the a mule , but hits what I aim it at. If I run outta ammo , awesome club 👍
9E9CE1FB-16A1-442C-8256-B83C4B373CF4.jpeg

Reactions: nikonNUT
I recently picked up a complete Geissele 11.5" pistol. It shoots extremely well. Very smooth and has everything geissele in it. The barrel is very accurate.

Here’s mine. 77TMK will do any job that needs done as far as I can shoot without magnification.

q0qFsXY.jpg

TirEAgc.jpg

The modded CAR stock, cut down VFG and 20 round mag make it really small and compact. Rides nice in the truck. Just waiting on the suppressor.
Noveske upper & lower receivers? Nice looking gun!!

If you're going to buy components, you might want to look at Liberty Suppressors Leonidas Ti for 300blk or Zulu 556 integral upper. Both have
permanently attached suppressors, making it a one stamp gun.
https://libertycans.net/zulu-integral-556-upper/
already have a cans. Just need a host.

Reactions: kindabitey
is that a fucking thumper i see?

also work guns? color me intrigued.

It is. That one was a personal gun. The Scar was a personal purchase to train up for a contract in which the Scar with that optics package was the issued gun. I was issued two MP7s and two 10.5” 416s for work. Stateside LE work. I’m not super high speed. Not everyone who gets the cool toys is.

JP makes a 10.5. I’ll bet it shoots.
My personal choice would be for a 12.5 inch Lilja barreled 6.5 Grendel with Law folder...

I’m looking to build or buy a real high end 10.5” truck gun. I want to start it as a pistol, but will SBR it immediately. Im torn between 300 Blk and .223. I want a ~1 moa gun. Will be used for yotes, plinking, etc.

Give me a parts list that would accomplish this goal.
My first thought is a Seekins CQ PDW. I’ve been out of the AR world for several years and it’s almost overwhelming how many AR manufacturers there are now.
Just get a DPMS and a red dot wide view sight if you are looking for a quick response weapon.
Then take it to the range to test several brands of ammo for the best group.
Or you could check with a 17 year old kid and ask him what works best?

My first choice for a truck weapon would be a short 3 inch magnum 12 gauge semi-auto because if you do the math you may understand rate of fire question?

A18.jpg

Reactions: nikonNUT
I’m looking to build or buy a real high end 10.5” truck gun. I want to start it as a pistol, but will SBR it immediately. Im torn between 300 Blk and .223. I want a ~1 moa gun. Will be used for yotes, plinking, etc.

Give me a parts list that would accomplish this goal.
My first thought is a Seekins CQ PDW. I’ve been out of the AR world for several years and it’s almost overwhelming how many AR manufacturers there are now.
I purchased a Colt Government Competition, with a 20" bull barrel and a zero slack 3.5 lb trigger. Topped it with a Nikkon P-223 scope high mount so I can also use iron sights. That was 25 year's ago and it still rock's.
As of late(past 5 years) I got a Civilian Arms with a 16" barrel, crisp zero slack 4 lb pull, and the upper and lower are machined with zero slop, yup! No wiggle, zero. Topped it with a sig Romeo5 red dot, and so far I have zero issues poking targets out to 300 meter's with ease. And it cost 750.00 plus the Sig Rome5. The options out there are truly endless. Hard part will be finding anything these day's, as well the prices are almost tripple for guns and ammo compared to Dec 2019 and Jan 2020.
Good luck in whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll build what you like, but I'd go with the pre built tou avoid gas block issues as the other's here have mentioned. Let us hear back from you once you get it completed so we can hear all about it!

My latest truck gun isn’t particularly high end, but I’m not sure you’d need more unless you just want Gucci points...
10.5” 300 BLK Rainier Arms Match Barrel
Nickel Boron BCG (Brownells brand iirc)
Aero low profile gas block
Aero nitride pistol length gas tube
Aero Atlas S-ONE 9” handguard
Aero M4E1 upper/lower
JP trigger
Magpul MIAD grip
Magpul UBR stock
Magpul BAD lever
TBAC muzzle brake/Ultra 7
Elcan Specter OS 3.0 fixed 3x sight

Something I haven’t seen specifically mentioned yet is how ballisticly superior the 300 BLK will be for your purpose. You have almost 30-30 levels of kinetic energy that a 5.56 (ESPECIALLY a 10.5”) will be lucky to halve. Trajectory inside 400 yards is so close to a 5.56 that I can use the BDC reticle in my Elcan as intended. This is for my 125g Sierra Pro Hunter handloads... I cant really speak to any factory ammo offerings as I have never used them.
Also I guess I’ll be the anecdotal guy that tells you how accurate my 10.5” BLK is... it shoots damn well. When I developed that 125g load I had a 16 or 18x scope on for the bench shooting, and it easily shot under an inch. It is point and click easy to hit IPSC silhouettes our to 400.

A5644B52-A8F1-4576-AC5B-EA40BF092778.jpeg

D1E425E0-BF52-46BE-8CE3-75D00D23F9B8.jpeg

Last edited:
Noveske lower, Aero upper. Thanks!
Going to ask a question. I usually build with matching receivers (Wilson Combat, BRN 180s, Noveske, etc). If I should only build with one quality part should it be the upper or the lower? And why?

My 'philosophy' is that I buy quality receivers, trigger and barrel. Most everything else is superfluous to accuracy. (ie does an really expensive mag release really matter that much?)

It is. That one was a personal gun. The Scar was a personal purchase to train up for a contract in which the Scar with that optics package was the issued gun. I was issued two MP7s and two 10.5” 416s for work. Stateside LE work. I’m not super high speed. Not everyone who gets the cool toys is.
My old mk18 is kinda my inspiring factor here. MP7’s are fun.

Reactions: Evolution 9
Just get a DPMS and a red dot wide view sight if you are looking for a quick response weapon.
Then take it to the range to test several brands of ammo for the best group.
Or you could check with a 17 year old kid and ask him what works best?

My first choice for a truck weapon would be a short 3 inch magnum 12 gauge semi-auto because if you do the math you may understand rate of fire question?

View attachment 7414787

Go find a fud to fuck with. I’ve stated in other comments this will be a multi purposes rifle. - yotes, foxes, other pests fuckers, self def and an all around fun gun.
but please continue to tell me what I want and need.

My latest truck gun isn’t particularly high end, but I’m not sure you’d need more unless you just want Gucci points...
10.5” 300 BLK Rainier Arms Match Barrel
Nickel Boron BCG (Brownells brand iirc)
Aero low profile gas block
Aero nitride pistol length gas tube
Aero Atlas S-ONE 9” handguard
Aero M4E1 upper/lower
JP trigger
Magpul MIAD grip
Magpul UBR stock
Magpul BAD lever
TBAC muzzle brake/Ultra 7
Elcan Specter OS 3.0 fixed 3x sight

Something I haven’t seen specifically mentioned yet is how ballisticly superior the 300 BLK will be for your purpose. You have almost 30-30 levels of kinetic energy that a 5.56 (ESPECIALLY a 10.5”) will be lucky to halve. Trajectory inside 400 yards is so close to a 5.56 that I can use the BDC reticle in my Elcan as intended. This is for my 125g Sierra Pro Hunter handloads... I cant really speak to any factory ammo offerings as I have never used them.
Also I guess I’ll be the anecdotal guy that tells you how accurate my 10.5” BLK is... it shoots damn well. When I developed that 125g load I had a 16 or 18x scope on for the bench shooting, and it easily shot under an inch. It is point and click easy to hit IPSC silhouettes our to 400.

View attachment 7414876
View attachment 7414877
I am pretty sold on 300 Blk for the intended purposes. I think it’ll work great. Only reason I may go 223 is kinda stupid, may get with Bartlein and build a stupidly accurate 10.5” to shoot fun matches with. After saying that in my head it sounds like I need to stop being stupid and just get 2 uppers.

Reactions: FishinGuns
For everyone with truck guns, what do you have in place to keep it from becoming a “stolen out my truck” gun? Do you lock your shit up if you’re stopping for lunch on the way home from the range, or if you’re running into the store for a snack while you’re fueling up?

Reactions: reubenski
Going to ask a question. I usually build with matching receivers (Wilson Combat, BRN 180s, Noveske, etc). If I should only build with one quality part should it be the upper or the lower? And why?

My 'philosophy' is that I buy quality receivers, trigger and barrel. Most everything else is superfluous to accuracy. (ie does an really expensive mag release really matter that much?)

I don’t think you can really go wrong with forged receivers from a quality manufacturer. I wouldn’t really stress it. I spent a little extra on the Noveske because I knew I was gonna SBR it and own it forever.

For everyone with truck guns, what do you have in place to keep it from becoming a “stolen out my truck” gun? Do you lock your shit up if you’re stopping for lunch on the way home from the range, or if you’re running into the store for a snack while you’re fueling up?
I will have a security system installed on the backside of my seat that will only unlock if a fob is within 12”. I also have a Decked system on my truck and keep stuff in there all the time.

Reactions: JC0352
In for info. Looking to build a 300.

This thread needs more pics.

My 14.5" DOUBLE chrome lined Noveske shot MOA at 100 using M193 and ACOG 4x the other day. 🤠

IMG_3419.jpeg

My current truck gun. A little rough but reliable and cheap incase it gets stolen.

IMG_3191.jpeg

IMG_3192.jpeg

Reactions: Jackalope
This is my Heckler & Koch MR223 A3 .223 Rem 10.5 inch barrel, despite the short barrel is relatively heavy. I consider that SBR .9mm is an ideal option for the car. It is lighter and the fire control is also much more comfortable.
30168073_353874945019696_746723217728631997_o.jpg
30420757_353874308353093_1387577434394970749_o.jpg
36114127_377656872641503_1727319963938586624_o.jpg
93009683_761945877545932_6260509738430103552_o.jpg
viber_image_2020-09-03_22-53-01.jpg
IMG_4651.JPG

Last edited:
54E288A2-D0CF-4788-9FAA-C0081DFFF866.jpeg

this is my side kick. It’s stored in a Vertx transit commuter bag that looks like something you’d see a hipster riding a bike in Portland to be wearing. So if you wanted your truck gun to come with you it’s very very inconspicuous.

Plus it’s a pistol so my CCW permit keeps me legitin a lot of places these other truck guns may not (SBR).

You will struggle with wanting 1 MOA with a 10.5 gun. Not saying is impossible, but your gonna need both skill and some luck in your build. Odin works does have a "Match Grade" 10.5 300 Blackout barrel. That being said, if you told me my life depended on shooting a 1 inch group at 100 yards with either the .223 or 300 blk, I would go with the .223. I am not a caliber guru, but a .223 has a fraction of an inch drop at 100 yards and a 300 Blackout as much as 4 inches at the same distance. I would feel much more confident with the .223.

I have focused my recent builds on lightweight rather than extreme accuracy having a 4.5 lb AR with a 14.5 barrel (pinned) which has survived a John Lovell class without a hiccup.

Look forward to hearing from those that know ballistics much better than I.

I am not a caliber guru, but a .223 has a fraction of an inch drop at 100 yards and a 300 Blackout as much as 4 inches at the same distance.

Maybe with subs, but subs are a novelty. For serious use, you'd run supers. With supers, you're looking at .8" low at 100 with a 50 yd. zero or .3" high at 100 with a 30 yd. zero.

DD MK18 barrel w pinned gas block mounted in align honed Aero Precision upper. Midwest Industries 9.5" M-Lok handguard. Muzzle device of your choice. Rock River lower, bolt catch, mag release, CMC 3.5 lb trigger, Magpul trigger guard, BAD lightweight ambisafety, BCM gunfighter mod 3b charging handle, Lord Tactical folding stocking, H2 buffer, SB Tactical SBA3 arm brace, Surefire X300 600 lumen(?) Weapon light w/tape switch, Magpul Pro BUIS and optics of your choice. Currently sporting Holosun military grade red dot, LPVO would work well also. This is a heavy beast and is very loud and blasty. I think folded length is 21 3/4" with A2 flash hider.

Last edited:
@Culpeper - same where I come from.
Or an old Winchester in ‘06.

But many of us arent on the farm anymore.

Urban areas that are very crowded could get a person into an entrapped scenario pretty easy.
From simply waiting in line at a stoplight to being surrounded by a mob in 2 minutes of a red light.
If you have too many cars around you to drive and they are shooting, do you want an AR with several “banana clip” magazines or a Model 94?

I still believe these folks are primarily pussies who will run when there is trouble and someone fights back.
Kenosha showed us a few may have the stupidity to fight a man with an AR.

A CCW size pistol is good. An AR pistol is really really good.

My thoughts, Worth what ya paid for it.