• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

High end truck gun

300 BO.JPG

My Truck Gun in 300 Blackout
10.5" Stainless barrel
SilencerCo QD Muzzle Brake for the Omega 300 Suppressor
Diamondhead folding BUIS
Ohhunt 9" Mlok forend
James Madison TriggerAmerican Defense QD red dot mount
Trijicon RMR red dot
Bear Creek 300 Blackout Upper
Anderson Lower
SB Tactical SBPDW Pistol Stabilizing Brace
Magpul MOE K2+ Grip
BCM GUNFIGHTER Vertical Grip
Radian Raptor Ambi Charging Handle
AIM Surplus NiMB M16 Bolt Carrier
Magpul 30 Rd Mag

Rainier Ultramatch barrel with Superlative Arms adjustable gas block
Young Manufacturing Side Charging Upper receiver
Young Nat’l Match BCG - Side Charge
Seekins SP223 lower
JP Rapid Config handguard
Geissele SSA
BAD-CSS Vert stock
Kahles K16i

81DF58B4-75AB-4918-9842-E969973F3D86.jpeg

Last edited:
For everyone with truck guns, what do you have in place to keep it from becoming a “stolen out my truck” gun? Do you lock your shit up if you’re stopping for lunch on the way home from the range, or if you’re running into the store for a snack while you’re fueling up?
[/QUO

For everyone with truck guns, what do you have in place to keep it from becoming a “stolen out my truck” gun? Do you lock your shit up if you’re stopping for lunch on the way home from the range, or if you’re running into the store for a snack while you’re fueling up?

And your question gets to the heart of this. WTH does the poster want to go "high end" gun as a "truck gun"? Perhaps a definition of exactly what the intended use of a truck gun is? My definition of a truck gun is one that resides 100% of the time IN the truck and is "hidden" and yet accessible if the need arises. My "truck gun" is a 9mm Keltec Sub 2000 first generation and it resides in the pocket of the door next to me . This gun has called my pickup "home" since the day I got it. It was stinky cheap (@550 bucks) and I have a few Glock 30 rounders loaded and laying next to it. Yes, I too am worried about cocksucker thieves and that is why I went this route. WTH do people want to go high end with ATF components and ignore this??? I have other guns as well and given the optics and other expensive attachments, would never ever dream of leaving them in my truck over night or in an spot (gas station) where my eyes are never off of them.

Why the hell not is a better question? I have money to spent and want a baller AR to ride around with. Also want to be able to kill predatory animals when I see them without the noise of supers. I live in a rural area and stuff being stolen is not a big concern of mine. I will also have it secured in my truck to the point of making it very hard for a thief to get to it, but very easy for me to get it if I need it.

Why the hell not is a better question? I have money to spent and want a baller AR to ride around with. Also want to be able to kill predatory animals when I see them without the noise of supers. I live in a rural area and stuff being stolen is not a big concern of mine. I will also have it secured in my truck to the point of making it very hard for a thief to get to it, but very easy for me to get it if I need it.

Cool! Do what works for you. I happen to work at a Major Land Grant University and want to keep my "truck" gun totally concealed on campus unless it is needed. BTW, I also carry a Brasilia combo gun behind the rear seat that has 20 gauge, 22 and 243 barrels. Who knows when I may be someplace and need a gun for whatever? When I go coyote hunting, shoot Prairie Dogs or go for distance, I'll throw the appropriate gun in the truck and keep it/them appropriately concealed. When that day is done, the guns go back to the vaults. It would kill me to have a decent rifle (@1,200 bucks) with good optics (pick your poison 250 - 1,200 bucks) with added furniture (?) costing total @ 1,500 to 2,500 dollars) getting stolen by some dirt bag. It has happened to too many folks I work with in the Ag Industry. Cheers.

Cool! Do what works for you. I happen to work at a Major Land Grant University and want to keep my "truck" gun totally concealed on campus unless it is needed. BTW, I also carry a Brasilia combo gun behind the rear seat that has 20 gauge, 22 and 243 barrels. Who knows when I may be someplace and need a gun for whatever? When I go coyote hunting, shoot Prairie Dogs or go for distance, I'll throw the appropriate gun in the truck and keep it/them appropriately concealed. When that day is done, the guns go back to the vaults. It would kill me to have a decent rifle (@1,200 bucks) with good optics (pick your poison 250 - 1,200 bucks) with added furniture (?) costing total @ 1,500 to 2,500 dollars) getting stolen by some dirt bag. It has happened to too many folks I work with in the Ag Industry. Cheers.
my bolt gun is always in my truck, but you'd never know it. If i need to shoot long, i've got that covered. I just need something for intermediate ranges where my P320x5 won't quite do the job. Speaking of P320X5.. I need an Atlas Hyperion.

PWS MKIII 1-M

Long stroke piston is sweet, adjustable gas block is simple and effective. Warcomp on the end with Warden or RC2 depending. Romeo 4S on top. 62 grain soft points in the mag. Works for me anyway ...

Update: Noveske Ghetto Blaster .300 Blk on the way.
Elcan Specter Dr
PEQ-15
Will SBR it when it gets here
Already have a can for it.
Gunna be a fun little thing!
I'll likely take the Gieselle out and toss in a TT Diamond.

Ghetto blaster for the win!
I’m jealous of the gun itself and sounds like it’s gonna be decked out too... wow, enjoy it brotha!

Reactions: Shanerbanner10
Here is my Jeep rifle..
2aArmament Balios Lite Receiver Set
2aArmament Balios HG
ARP 12.5” 6.8spc Barrel
BoomFab Ti Carrier w/ JP Bolt
V7 and 2aArmament Ti small bits in the lower
CMC 3.5 Flat Face Trigger
Radian CH
RMR in a KDG QD Mount
SiCo Omega (pinned and welded for ~17.5” OAL)
JPSCS
SmokeComposites Closed Carbine Length Stock

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    736.6 KB · Views: 124
Reactions: Shanerbanner10
Well... I sold the ghetto blaster and built a new rifle. I just could not get used to the pdw stock.

New rifle-
San Tan billet receiver set
Lilja 300 blk 8.2" barrel
Iron City Rifle Work BCG
Rise Lower parts kit
Superlative Arms Adjustable gas block
KAC URX 4 rail 10"
BCM Gunfighter mod 3 grip
Triggertech Ar 45/90 safety selector
TriggerTech Diamond
AAC 7.62-SD
Elcan Specter 1/4
Holosun LE420 (its for sale, looking for a ATIPAL or simialr)

This thing is sweet! Can't wait to get some rounds on it. Its currently getting Form 1'ed

Reactions: JS8588
Well... I sold the ghetto blaster and built a new rifle. I just could not get used to the pdw stock.

New rifle-
San Tan billet receiver set
Lilja 300 blk 8.2" barrel
Iron City Rifle Work BCG
Rise Lower parts kit
Superlative Arms Adjustable gas block
KAC URX 4 rail 10"
BCM Gunfighter mod 3 grip
Triggertech Ar 45/90 safety selector
TriggerTech Diamond
AAC 7.62-SD
Elcan Specter 1/4
Holosun LE420 (its for sale, looking for a ATIPAL or simialr)

This thing is sweet! Can't wait to get some rounds on it. Its currently getting Form 1'ed

Pictars? :geek:

That's funny...

But spot on for my idea when you guys say "truck gun"! M2HB is THE truck gun. I just need the truck. Not turning my '05 Ram 2wd into a technical. Not unless I had to I guess.

I just threw this together, 100% Noveske, I need to register some more lowers to make it permanent (it's on a "borrowed" lower --I have plenty of other SBR's). And the lower it'll be going on has one of those Maxim HK type stocks. Super light, it weighs nothing and the first thing my buddy said was "that'd be handy moving around in the truck" so go figure...

IMG_1392.JPG

So it'll look sorta like this:

1604258656916.png

Oh, this one is getting parted out currently (Mega lower being modded to a 9mm SBR w/Colt block, bbl. going into another SBR, BCG and upper into the parts bins...). The stock is the one going on the switchblock rifle above and it'll be about 2" longer all said and done.

But historically it's been the absolute titties for a PDW and .300BLK is really ideal, certainly better than 5.56 for this kind of work. You won't get much shorter and still have the performance, supers/subs, suppressed or not, always goes bang. Noveske short barrels just work.

IMG_1063.JPG

I'm probably gonna miss this damn thing too much to live with it being parted out... Probably wind up taking one of the other .300BLK SBR's and resurrect one with another one of these Maxim stocks.

I went with a 8.3” Tri-Arc TRS-15 pistol with a LAW tactical folder and a Sig Romeo 8H. Not shootable folded but it fits in a book bag...
BD462FE6-6C02-4D62-B0D8-E1D886370838.jpeg

B900636F-4A57-4763-9574-5D2B151B3702.jpeg

Last edited:
LMT or the Sig Mcx are both top tier platforms. Unfortunately everything is tough to get ahold of right now.

LMT has a 10.5” DI or 12.5” piston setup.for .223

Sig Mcx 6.75 or 9” .300 bulk barrels piston setup.

Last edited:
Go JP and don’t look back.

For caliber…
I like my 300blk for 0-125 yards
I like my 223 wylde for 0-650 yards

Code: 68SS0717 will save you 10% on JP parts and 5% on complete rifles at JP Rifles.

DD MK18 upper and found a blem bcm lower, vortex micro 3x and t2 and pro tac hl-x. Coyotes won’t come around house anymore and groundhogs are eliminated. Multiple other critters and intruders smoked. I will say m193 under 50 yards is useless unless you hit vital organ. But ammo prices dictate what gets loaded. Headshots no issues lol. Oh and this is a awesome combo to spotlight muskrats in a pond almost not fair. ( pic on trash can yes it’s on fire, when i store my rifles they have hammer forward to take tension of spring)

Attachments

• 729976C5-8937-4A64-B383-744799FE3532.jpeg
    729976C5-8937-4A64-B383-744799FE3532.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 238
  • 28546E9B-B61C-47E3-B7D5-349A62FDB36F.jpeg
    28546E9B-B61C-47E3-B7D5-349A62FDB36F.jpeg
    248.6 KB · Views: 188
I’m looking to build or buy a real high end 10.5” truck gun. I want to start it as a pistol, but will SBR it immediately. Im torn between 300 Blk and .223. I want a ~1 moa gun. Will be used for yotes, plinking, etc.

Give me a parts list that would accomplish this goal.
My first thought is a Seekins CQ PDW. I’ve been out of the AR world for several years and it’s almost overwhelming how many AR manufacturers there are inside!
5.56 LMT Defender 2000 10.3", DDM4 handguard, Scalarworks high mount, I have Trijicon MRO but may go to Aimpoint T2 or CompM5, H2 buffer, brace whatever, folder whatever, SBR it and do a Magpul SL-K.

20220407_111443.jpg

I ran into a Seekins sp15p. Was gonna use it as trade fodder, but might form 1 it and make it respectable