• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

high speed gear tacos ?

forrestgump01

Once a deplorable, always a deplorable!
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2013
    Georgia
    Wanting to know who runs taco pouches and how do you like them . Which tacos do you prefer , single mag , double mag , modular single rifle/ pistol.
    Also how do they compare to the triad open top pouches. I see the triad are much cheaper.

I have a drop leg rig that has the double stack tacos for AR and pistol mags. I like it, keeps the mags tight to you without taking up a lot of space. There are also rigid polymer slides inside the tacos that keep the pouches open for re-holstering mags. The Triads are nice pouches and well built but if you'll be hunting with them I'd stay away from Velcro

I have a drop leg rig that has the double stack tacos for AR and pistol mags. I like it, keeps the magstight to you without taking up a lot of space. There are also rigid polymer slides inside the tacos that keep the pouches open for re-holstering mags. The Triads are nice pouches and well built but if you'll be hunting with them I'd stay away from Velcro
    Do the triads have the inserts for reholstering ?

Mine don't and I haven't seen any that do. They're not hard to get the mags in but not as easy as the HSGI's are. I'd compare it to holstering a pistol in a kydex rig as opposed to leather, the HSGI's just stay open and make it easier.

I run the double mag taco's with the paddle attachment and am very happy with that setup. It's very easy to retrieve a second mag if you are lying prone with the the double taco pouch. I also have a pistol/rifle taco which works well if there are any pistol stages. Mags stay very secure in the taco, no need for any restraint over the top of the mag.

I started with the double stack, rifle/pistol, and switched out to the singles because it was a little too bulky on my side for my taste. They hold the mags really well and are easy to put mags back in after you practice a little bit. Like snipe 10 said, they are a pain to get on but they are not going to move once they are installed.

I have the double-deckers and love them. It takes a little practice to put an empty mag back in because they are really tight when new. I put 3 on their drop leg panel, and it worked great at a carbine class I took back in December.

The TACOs are some of the best mag pouches out there IMO,especially if you're running different weapon systems like AR, AK, 308, 9mm, 45, 40mm,etc magazines and don't want to have a rig for each gun.

They are also not what I'd call cheap/economically priced. The thing to keep in mind when buying them though is that you basically will never have to buy another mag pouch if you change guns or even if you have an odd shaped item you need to carry as the pouches accommodate a lot of different items easily. With that said, it's still a sizable chunk of change to drop in order to carry what ever your basic load is.

I run the double decker tacos on my war belt and I also have them on a Raven Concealment Moduloader that I can wear right on my belt that are low profile and easy to conceal while wearing street or business clothes.

Run tacos on my 3gun kit as well as my TYR harness for long range match and it is some best kit ever. The rifle pouch hold AR15/AR10/AISC perfectly without any adjust so whichever platform I run I am G2G.

I prefer rifle and single combo as it saves space

So do the tacos work for the bolt mags like the aics/aw etc? 5 and 10 round?

Yes, you can pretty much shove anything in one of them and it will hold it. You can put a Leatherman or a flashlight in a pistol pouch if you want and any magazine or other object in a mag pouch. 1 pouch for everything.

They also have adjustable bungee tension that wraps around the mag sleeve to keep it tight, not sure if any of us mentioned that yet

I run the both single rifle/pistol and double rifle, single pistol taco pouches. I like them, but I'm finding that throughout the day they will force the mags out of the pouch.

Thanks guys , this is great info. Keep it coming. The fact that I can use the tacos for different mags ( ar-15 , aics , etc ) is great news.

I'm running two of the double deckers on my belt, lets me run the same belt with my carbine, AICS, and my 308 gas gun. Its VERY nice being able to use just one belt for everything. Like someone else said, they are a bitch to weave into MOLLE, I wanted to run mine over with my car, smear them in a dirty litter box, and light them on fire at one point.

Here's mine...

eqybevub.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk