• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hit and run &$?!%?! Killed my dog!

I doubt he targeted it since he came and told you. He probably swerved to avoid it and it just looked that way. I’m glad he came back and told you. Took balls. He probably wouldn’t have if he’d read this thread 😂 y’all take your dogs pretty fucking serious.

Reactions: TheHorta
I'm having a bit of a hard time following this thread. If I recall correctly, "grandma" was at the window and saw the driver SWERVE to hit the dog on purpose.

Does no-one (ok, not everyone here, but LOTS of people who've chimed in) believe what Grandma says she saw?

There's a statement there, being made. Loud and clear. Read between the lines, and go from there. Ya'll have a great day. I've got yardwork to do here, and need to look at renting a chipper. I live just North of Fargo, North Dakota. Winter's coming fast.

My sincere condolences Horta. I’m glad the guy came over and manned up about it. I certainly know how I would feel if it happened to one of my dogs.

Someone made a John Wick reference earlier. Certainly not trying to make light of the situation, but being known as the Chupacabra of Little Mexico is frikkin awesome, better than John Wick, as far as a Mexican is concerned. Nobody, and I mean nobody, down the road is ever going to **** with you. They’re all scared to death of you. That’s a cool place to be. IMO

I'm curious , if dogs are so special and cherished as much as a family member , then why are they allowed to run around unattended , especially at or near a public road . Asking for a friend?

Glad you were able to get some resolve on this Horta... I just got off work and got caught back up from last night. I'm sure you gave your dog a good life as you seem to be a pretty good guy. I have 5 dogs right now due to people who mistreated them. These animals are pitiful in a lot of ways and I can tell you cared for him. At least he had a good life and got to be part of a family.

Best wishes buddy from me and mine. We love ours like family too.

thumbnail.jpeg

And they are all playing together waiting for us to come home.

I'm curious , if dogs are so special and cherished as much as a family member , then why are they allowed to run around unattended , especially at or near a public road . Asking for a friend?

What is the smallest sized suitcase in which a shithead like you could be cut up and placed in? Just asking for a friend. Happy Friday.

It happens sometimes whether you are with the animal or not. We are discussing the fact that this person initially hit his dog and just kept going. Your just instigating shit, shows your worth pretty quick. I'm sure you are "The Perfect Human", without flaw or defect. Appointed to cast out condescending comments because your fuckin perfect.

It happened to me, right in front of me and my daughter. Our dog was running and playing in the front yard. He was small but fast, he swung too far up the bank out front while running and got into the edge of the road. I called out to him and so did my daughter. This asshole swerved at him and hit him, an ignorant redneck who thinks it's funny to hit possums and other little animals while driving.

It happened in a split second, there was nothing we could do and I was already running for him when it happened. My dog never actually entered the road, just the edge of it. The asshole kept rolling around the curve then hammered the gas because he knew exactly what he had just done.

So please, take your holier than thou preaching and jump on a dick... No wonder this country is in the shape it's in. Do you not have enough sense to come up with anything better than that? And that lame ass "asking for a friend" shit?

No doubt your just a fuckin troll, but it was disrespectful to the OP. Judging by your contribution to this thread, you probably contribute just as much to society and anyone that knows you. Just another unwanted, unneeded ass...

Probably the best outcome that could have happened. I would thank him for coming forward, accept his apology, and move on. It sucks living with hate and anger all the time.

Sounds like he tried to do the right thing.

Nope, he didn't do the right thing. He should have stopped at the time and fessed up then. The pup will still be dead, but imagine the pain the owners went through overnight, knowing that some scumbag killed their pup and then ran off. I say make him pay for a new puppy or go to the police.

It happens sometimes whether you are with the animal or not. We are discussing the fact that this person initially hit his dog and just kept going. Your just instigating shit, shows your worth pretty quick. I'm sure you are "The Perfect Human", without flaw or defect. Appointed to cast out condescending comments because your fuckin perfect.

It happened to me, right in front of me and my daughter. Our dog was running and playing in the front yard. He was small but fast, he swung too far up the bank out front while running and got into the edge of the road. I called out to him and so did my daughter. This asshole swerved at him and hit him, an ignorant redneck who thinks it's funny to hit possums and other little animals while driving.

It happened in a split second, there was nothing we could do and I was already running for him when it happened. My dog never actually entered the road, just the edge of it. The asshole kept rolling around the curve then hammered the gas because he knew exactly what he had just done.

So please, take your holier than thou preaching and jump on a dick... No wonder this country is in the shape it's in. Do you not have enough sense to come up with anything better than that? And that lame ass "asking for a friend" shit?

No doubt your just a fuckin troll, but it was disrespectful to the OP. Judging by your contribution to this thread, you probably contribute just as much to society and anyone that knows you. Just another unwanted, unneeded ass...
Did I hit a nerve ? , It was a general question. Wasn't even directed at the op . Sounds like the guy was drunk , considering he left the road .
Now if the question bothers you then thats your problem . Its a valid question so maybe I should have asked it in a different way and addressed it not to the op, but to dog owners in general. Didn't realize the amount of thin skin!
And No I don't jump on dicks , if thats your thing then keep it to yourself .

No, my skin is thick enough. Just sick of the fuckin disrespectful, smart ass comments is all. Considering the OP is grieving, that was a dumb dick thing to say. If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

The only nerve hit, is that I've had my fill of these punk ass, snide attitudes from people anymore. I found it disrespectful and in poor taste. It's my opinion and it's worth what you paid for it. But don't act like you said it innocently, if your going to be a smart ass have the nuts to own it. I'll have the nuts to tell you that I'm an asshole and I sometimes get carried away when shit like this pisses me off.

ETA: My apologies to the OP, didn't mean to rant and derail your thread bud. I've said my piece.

There's a statement there, being made. Loud and clear. Read between the lines, and go from there.

Witness accounts aren't 100% reliable and not necessarily due to maliciousness.

What looks like swerving to miss the dog from one angle could easily look like swerving to hit it from another angle.

I'm not saying that's what happened. I'm saying it's a possibility.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Nipsie. Yellow Lab. 12 years old. Best dog ever. Struggled with hip dysplasia for the last 2 years, but could still get around, just not very fast.

My elderly mother lives with us and saw the whole thing. He was actually off to the side of the road, at the end of our driveway. Says the cocksucker actually sped the fuck up and intentionally swerved to hit him. Wife and I were out to dinner. Killed him instantly. Took the motherfucker’s front end off (will post photo to help ID the vehicle). I guarantee it’s a MF’er that lives up the road a bit.

Glad it was quick. Reality is, he probably had 6 month or less left on him, and he was going downhill fast, but what kind of intergalactic mega-asshole do you have to be to target a dog?!

Gotta get my drink on. Or I’m gonna do something stupid.
Call popo and or sheriff. Don’t do anything yourself, esp after posting here. The hit and run is got felony animal cruelty coming. And a pr nightmare in the whole state.

Put the blocks to him. Own his house. Burn it after court gives you title. But don’t go John Wick.

Sorry about your dog... if someone did that to one of my cats, I’d be same as you. And you would be talking me into counting to 10 and calling the popo.

People suck. Those that do deserve bad things. Starting with felony charges.

Sirhr.

Call popo and or sheriff. Don’t do anything yourself, esp after posting here. The hit and run is got felony animal cruelty coming. And a pr nightmare in the whole state.

Put the blocks to him. Own his house. Burn it after court gives you title. But don’t go John Wick.

Sorry about your dog... if someone did that to one of my cats, I’d be same as you. And you would be talking me into counting to 10 and calling the popo.

People suck. Those that do deserve bad things. Starting with felony charges.

Sirhr.

Fuck that.
Stomp his guts out.
Whoop his ass or at least make him whoop yours.

• Haha
Reactions: HMRamateur
I'm having a bit of a hard time following this thread. If I recall correctly, "grandma" was at the window and saw the driver SWERVE to hit the dog on purpose.

Does no-one (ok, not everyone here, but LOTS of people who've chimed in) believe what Grandma says she saw?

There's a statement there, being made. Loud and clear. Read between the lines, and go from there. Ya'll have a great day. I've got yardwork to do here, and need to look at renting a chipper. I live just North of Fargo, North Dakota. Winter's coming fast.
...with more red snow forecast?

I'm really surprised that he came by. That says a lot about him despite what some people would think. The fact that he manned up to it gives me a glimmer of hope in our Republic in these very trying times.

How to handle this situation... As an adult. While there are many things we would like to do the law won't allow us to do most of them. This pushes you down one of two paths really. Either a you get the law involved B you deal with him man to man.

If you're struggling with this and your Godly type person here's what I suggest. Don't pray to God talk to them as if they're your friends at the range. Ask them for their help in their guidance. Do this shortly before bed. Now you'll need a coin.

One side is police other side man to man. Turn the lights off flip the coin go to sleep. When you wake up how do you feel what do you want to do. Then look at the coin... They will likely match.

Sounds kind of hokey but it's worked for me countless times. Sometimes I get the answer that I want sometimes I don't. The times that I didn't there was always a lesson.

Good luck my friend I hope you find peace

Horta-Words cannot express the sadness, anger and grief I feel for you and your family.
My advice having been in a similar place
Take time to deal with the sadness and grief and your family
Then address the anger. As a recovering Catholic I'm of the belief that contrition is worthless without behavior change. Ask the person who did this to your dog, and your family, what he feels his retribution/act of contrition should be ..... Decide your action based on his response.

A couple of posts up got me thinking... yeah guys I know, I'm not well equipped for that and I should just get by on my looks... Lol

If you end up getting another best friend, please seriously consider a rescue animal. I've had two and from here on out that's all I'll ever get. Those rescue animals seem to have a different love for people then just getting something from a breeder

Reactions: PDXGS
So... got a visit this morning from the dude (Mexican) who killed my dog. Swears he didn’t target him, but admitted to driving too fast and not paying attention. He didn’t stop because of my “reputation” in our rural farm country area as being the Chupacabre himself and didn’t want to die. I’m familiar with this reputation and cultivate it somewhat because I cruise the area late at night in full NV kit, sometimes on foot.

He says that’s what helps to keep the “malo” out of their little pueblo. A good unintended consequence, AFAIC.

He was on the verge of tears, very apologetic, said he should have stopped.

I’m friendly with most of the residents in Little Mexico. They’re very quiet, clean, family-oriented, and from what I understand, legal. A couple even fly Trump flags, oddly enough.

So, he’s offered restitution of whatever I want, basically. I’m not one to hold a grudge, so I’ll work it out with him.

He has a white Chevy Avalance, with a damaged right front. You guys were spot-on!

Greatly appreciate the outpouring of support and good ideas. Now I gotta go bury Nipsie. He offered to bury him, but that’s one thing I need to do. Choking up already just thinking about it.

He came to you and came clean. Given your reputation, that says alot.

My condolences. Dogs are family around here.

Honestly, I don’t believe half the shit that comes out of my mom’s mouth. Sweet as all get-out, but a total frickin’ wingnut.

All my dogs, cats, cows, pigs, sheep, goats, chickens, turkeys, ducks, and lone Jack (male donkey) are free-roam. It’s called a farm. It’s what animals do.

I’ve made my peace with the Mexican. Once I forgive, I don’t hold a grudge.

Instead of burying, Nipsie got a giant fucking Viking send-off. Neighbors were there. 40-foot flames. It was epic. We all got hammered in his honor.

Gentle, loyal, friend. RIP buddy.

1C480181-3695-4DAA-BC90-2A6F789B78D4.jpeg

What a great friend! It's also nice to see that folks love and take care of their pups (and animals). Around here we see a lot of strays that are neglected.

Here's to your best friend and the memories you've shared. You'll see each other again. I'm sure of it.

So sorry for your loss, Horta. It hurts, I know. You gave your pup a great and full life and with that epic send off, I’m sure he’s already a legend in Valhalla, by now.

Also good to know the guy came clean to you. While not a happy ending, at least you know. You have a lot of good memories with him and those live on forever. Take care, brother. Wishing you the best.

The Lion and the Lamb; not just the great pic above, but also the players here.
Amazing restraint, good judgement.

Horta: Much respect to you for granting forgiveness. And much respect for the guy who came by to see you face to face and admit his wrong. It took courage on his part, and a wonderful and gracious heart on your part.

Awful. Unfortunately, not taken seriously by the criminal justice system.
No, it's not at all. When two guys killed Luttrell's dog, one got 5 years PROBATION and the other got 2 years confinement, not sure what he actually served. That was for killing the dog in cold blood, and not only admitting to it but making fun of Luttrell in front of the arresting officers.

Most dogs are more than just dogs to people, and Marcus's was basically a therapy dog helping him deal with the aftermath of his ordeal overseas. Insane. Honest to God if I was that officer I would have looked the other way when Marcus showed up. Even if you figure out who did it, proving it in actual court without video would be difficult. I'm sorry about your dog.

So... got a visit this morning from the dude (Mexican) who killed my dog. Swears he didn’t target him, but admitted to driving too fast and not paying attention. He didn’t stop because of my “reputation” in our rural farm country area as being the Chupacabre himself and didn’t want to die. I’m familiar with this reputation and cultivate it somewhat because I cruise the area late at night in full NV kit, sometimes on foot.

He says that’s what helps to keep the “malo” out of their little pueblo. A good unintended consequence, AFAIC.

He was on the verge of tears, very apologetic, said he should have stopped.

I’m friendly with most of the residents in Little Mexico. They’re very quiet, clean, family-oriented, and from what I understand, legal. A couple even fly Trump flags, oddly enough.

So, he’s offered restitution of whatever I want, basically. I’m not one to hold a grudge, so I’ll work it out with him.

He has a white Chevy Avalance, with a damaged right front. You guys were spot-on!

Greatly appreciate the outpouring of support and good ideas. Now I gotta go bury Nipsie. He offered to bury him, but that’s one thing I need to do. Choking up already just thinking about it.
Great to hear and great to hear the robot never had to come out! <joke> as you know, just trying to get ya smiling a bit. Sorry as I just saw this.

• Haha
Tell him thanks for letting you know..........punch him in his pie hole., and tell him you're good.........
Dogs are family..........we've got a Berner that is my wife's best friend, she's retired, and has spent every day with this dog for the last two years..........if something would happen to this dog she would be devastated............

There is always that chance, but as evidenced by the massive tortoise that was killed this summer exiting my neighborhood where you could see the tire tracks of the hard turn that went right over the body-line, I have to say that 99% chance the asshole did it o
SOrry to hear about hortas dog.

F people who run innocent animals over on purpose.