• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hk Bringing back the oh so wonderful sl8

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
I know so many of you guys are really upset you missed out on the Clinton era Bastardized US G36 but cry no longer....

HK is brining it back instead of letting it rot.

I don’t get this. They did so good with the sp5 and could made a legit G36 or Hk93 or heck limited run on psg1 and make out like kings but no they wanna bring this back from the Dead

I bet the price will be crazy also. Way over that a precision AR would cost

1628174022130.jpeg

My guess is that they want to get in on the SCAR 17S, LMT MWS, etc business.

I agree that the HK93 would be more up my alley.

prob with 5-10 round mags to get around the SAFE laws in state like NY (where im from)

no pistol grip etc

so a thumbhole might circumvent

Correct. Essentially the military owns the rights to G-designation rifles…

SP5s had to get the blessing of the German police before they could release them here.

Trust me. Hk usa would love to do G36 guns here. But they just can’t…

Couple days ago. CDN had 6 SL8 in the stock for $1499. I'm glad I did not get one because I'm funding 416 upper.

How can SIG do it then?

Educated guess:
The Swiss/SAN stuff coming is via the company/mfg working with Dave/JDI. Dave has the process pretty well down to procure this stuff and bring things in as pistols and getting approved through the 'AFT'. Moving beyond a "pistol" to SBR or whatever leaves the onus on the owner.

HK stuff has been brought in successfully (Arms Unlimited and the MR223's) but this is done via a 3rd party on the German end as this was NOT done with Heckler&Koch's blessing. It can/has indeed been done. Given that the SP5/SP5k exists just makes this more confusing as to what they do/don't do and the why behind it.

...clear as mud?

Reactions: thehun
HK can call them something else just like the G3 became the HK91
Sure...but the 91 was also neutered...no paddle release...they still had to get the blessing of the military to release it in that form...their laws and our laws still didn't jive in those days either...after Clinton...it became harder...

It is not as easy as just calling it a different name...

Educated guess:
The Swiss/SAN stuff coming is via the company/mfg working with Dave/JDI. Dave has the process pretty well down to procure this stuff and bring things in as pistols and getting approved through the 'AFT'. Moving beyond a "pistol" to SBR or whatever leaves the onus on the owner.

HK stuff has been brought in successfully (Arms Unlimited and the MR223's) but this is done via a 3rd party on the German end as this was NOT done with Heckler&Koch's blessing. It can/has indeed been done. Given that the SP5/SP5k exists just makes this more confusing as to what they do/don't do and the why behind it.

...clear as mud?
This is correct...a 3rd party importer could make it happen but it is still pretty intensive to do so...if I remember correctly...HK Germany cannot be involved in the export of them...

For anyone that remembers the gray frame VP9's that were a special order, HK can be pretty nasty about non-approved imports. They do not officially honor any manufacturers warranty on the VP9's... I'd be concerned about non-standard configurations.

On topic, hopefully these stay about the $1500 MSRP I've seen, I know the SP5's have climbed ridiculously.

Only thing I want HK is a mp5 or maybe mk23. And only cause you can’t get modern subguns or belt feds