• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RHutch

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 23, 2005
    Frisco, TX
    I have the opportunity to pick one up with the proper KAC can, soft case, all recent production, NIB, at a fair price.
    Timing isn't great but this is one of my personal, and least expensive, grail guns.
    Is there anyone here that has an owner's opinion on this combo?
    I am not a collector and if I buy it, plan to shoot the shit out of it.

For context, I already have a HK45T with a DA Ghost that I play with occasionally.

I owned the exact pair years ago. While it was the coolest pistol going at the time, and the cool factor was there - it was in reality just an oversized overweight pistol. Adding the suppressor made it larger than life. It didn't shoot any better or more quiet than other comparable pistols. I got bored with mine pretty quick, and sold out while they were still hot. I am a huge HK fan, but the Mk23 just did not impress like I thought it would.

My uspc with an osprey45 on the end is already big enough. Notice how big it is when there is a desert eagle next to it.
    6340F978-0DC1-434E-A24B-D2CA426978C2.jpeg

I’ve owned a Mk23 since around 1999. Haven’t shot it all that much over the years, but it does shoot well. It feels good in my hand too. However, I also have a USP tactical so that gets much more attention

A range member allowed me to shoot his and It shot a group way better than expected. Like same hole, equal to NightHawk Talon performance. Its huge but Its dead on same hole. I'd grab one at the right price.

I was on the same boat as you a few years ago. I was able to link up with the seller and fire some rounds through it.

Ultimately, I decided not to buy it. IMO, it's too impractical for my needs and I don't need another expensive range toy collecting dust.

Im gonna go ahead and grab it, of course have to wait a few months for the muffler.

As someone else mentioned, the Mark23 is much like a USP45T that is the size of a Desert Eagle. In terms of accuracy, my Mark23 is comparable to my USP45T. It seems to be a bit more accurate with 230 grainers than 185, whereas the USP45T does a bit better with the 185s. Both pistols will easily shoot under an inch at 15 yards.

The Mark 23 and Desert Eagles fit my hands perfectly and I love them despite the bulk. They're certainly not great CCW weapons, but I wouldn't hesitate to open carry them in most situations.

Resale value on them is pretty immense still so you should definitely snag it and then just list it if you don't love it, IMO.