• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

HK MR 762 Accuracy Opinions Wanted?

samnev

First Sargeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 16, 2010
    Surprise, AZ
    I am picking up an HK MR 762 this weekend and am wondering what kind of accuracy I can expect from it with 5 shot 100 yard groups. It sports an Leupold Mark 6 1-6X20 scope or a USO ST 10X in a Larue mount. I will be testing it out with FGMM 168's and with my 168SMK hand loads.
    TIA

It should be no worse that 1.5 MOA. I wouldn't go into it with any expectations of superb accuracy, so if it does shoot 3/4" at 100 consistently, then celebrate. Just don't expect it. I used one that an attendee brought to a DM Course last summer, and it was fun to smack steel with in the speed drills we did from behind cover. I had one run where my time was 7.62 seconds from the buzzer starting from below a berm, popping up into position, and clearing 5 hanging 8" plates at 100m.

The gun never hiccuped throughout the course, but it was well-lubed and fed.

Last edited:
    I have handled these in stores and at show, but have not used one. I have owned other HK rifles and pistols and they have all been good shooters. You just may need to find what ammo it likes. I would be surprised if it is not moa accurate.

The reports seem to be promising to put it mildly in some cases with the right loads and with the shooter doing their part (sub-MOA), but somewhat disappointing in others (2MOA). Remember...the MR762's close cousin...the HK 417...FAILED the accuracy testing undertaken for the Germany Army SASS-DMR trials (NOT a good sign at all). Now, by all intents and purposes and from what I have seen and read, the MR762 is SUPPOSED to be an improvement over the 417 in both reliability and accuracy, but only time and shooters like you, samnev, will tell!! ;)

Here is just one of many HKPro accuracy "reports" of the rifle in question:

MR762 with Nightforce 3.5-15

The reports seem to be promising to put it mildly in some cases with the right loads and with the shooter doing their part (sub-MOA), but somewhat disappointing in others (2MOA). Remember...the MR762's close cousin...the HK 417...FAILED the accuracy testing undertaken for the Germany Army SASS-DMR trials (NOT a good sign at all). Now, by all intents and purposes and from what I have seen and read, the MR762 is SUPPOSED to be an improvement over the 417 in both reliability and accuracy, but only time and shooters like you, samnev, will tell!! ;)

Here is just one of many HKPro accuracy "reports" of the rifle in question:

MR762 with Nightforce 3.5-15

Thanks guys for the 411. I will post photos when I get it. As for shooting it it will have to wait until my wife is up and around. She had knee surgery Wednesday and is on crutches. So for now I am the care giver. She should be gtg but the end of next week and I will report back. I just hope I do not have to go thru another oddesy like I went thru with the SR9TC before I got it shooting.
    A special thanks once again to ORD for the link. I did go to HK PRO and found lots of post but none actually showing or posting any groups or reports.
    Sam

Post something there and I'm sure you'll get a bunch of responses. There's a wealth of info there regarding HK guns and everyone there is super knowledgable about them.

I would wager the same as any other medium contour gas gun, 1-1.5 moa

buis.jpg
    First three rounds out of this rifle. HK flip up BUIS @ 50 yds indoor.
    dot.jpgAnd three through the M4s at same 50 yds indoor
    8.jpg
    Just got the TARS back from Trijicon today, can't wait to zero it in

Attachments

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      92.7 KB · Views: 108
    Last edited:
    buis.jpg
    First three rounds through my new MR762. HK BUIS @ 50 yds indoor
    dot.jpg
    Three @ 50 yds with Comp M4S
    8.jpg
    Can't wait to see what MR means this weekend with the TARS102

Not that it means anything, but doesn't the "MR" stand for Match Rifle? OP, please post pics when you get it, as I don't see many of them out there and they are sexy looking rifles.

Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. It has a Leupold Mk 6 1-6X scope in a LaRue mount and an Atlas bipod.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
    Falsecrack,
    Your welcome and thanks for the compliment. I just hope it shoots as well as it looks.

r3.jpgr4.jpg
    Hahaha I know why I went to Armor school. I had fun shooting anyway. This baby does draw a crowd at the range even if I can't shoot it.

It was way high and right. It took a few to get in on the paper high and right then walked it down. I love this thing but I still think the trigger should be lighter for me to get any better.

100 yds with perfect indoor weather conditions

Last edited:
    Hey I am new to the forum but would like to reply to the HKMR762 accuracy. I just got my MR762 a few weeks ago and love how it shoots and how accurate it is, at the range I get a crowd also and people are stunned how much better my groups are vs there AR-15. The only semi-auto that I have shoot that can compare is the LaRue OBR. A friend of mine let me shoot his and it runs neck to neck. Check out my pics at 100yrds 8mph wind 3 shot is 0.56MOA and 5 shot is 0.875MOA. Even the Range guys was surprised what a semi-auto rifle with a 16.5" barrel can do. I am still breaking in the gun in and learning how to shoot long distance so I believe I can get under 0.5MOA soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      98.7 KB · Views: 117
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      120.4 KB · Views: 115
    Last edited:
    Reactions: HKSniper11B
    Konk, nice shooting especially with a new MR762. I finally shot a few 5 shot 100 yard groups with mine after zeroing and all ran just over 1 moa. I wish I had gone with a higher magnification scope. While I like the Leupold Mk 6 I feel it inhibits me getting the maximum accuracy the MR762 is capable of. I may switch it with to a NXS 5.5-22X50 I have on one of my AR 15's.

i

Took the MR 762 to the range today and I am finally getting use to the the MR 762 trigger pull and Mk6 1-6X20 scope. My best group had the first 4 shots just over 0.6 moa. I got buck fever and drop the last shot down which opened the group up to 0.9 moa. The other 2 groups I shot were right at 1 moa. Not to bad since I only have 60 rounds thru it. Spent the rest of the afternoon zeroing in my NightForce NXS 1-4X20 on my SCAR 16S.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
    Samnev, sounds like your having fun at the Range. Two things that are helping my MR762 shoot is the Federal Gold King match ammo and my scope. I can see clearly with my Night Force 3.5-15 x 56. If you put the 5.5-22x50 you will have no problem at 100, 200, 300. At 300 it starts to be difficult seeing the groups @15 power but still easy to aim at the target. Now I'm looking at upgrading my trigger, either a Giessele trigger at 4.5lbs or having Bill Springfield do a trigger job at 3.5lbs. This is my next step in improving my group and also more practice!