• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Hmmm...blow outs

MarinePMI

Ban Cat Handler
Staff member
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 3, 2010
    San Diego, Ca
    Seeing a lot of blow outs on scope models for various brands.

As we are now in the end of September, it leads me to wonder what Black Friday and announcements of next year’s models may bring.

Starting to think this may be the year to hold off on the BF deals; seems to be a lot of change in the air...

Just thinking out loud here...

Seeing a lot of blow outs on scope models for various brands.

As we are now in the end of September, it leads me to wonder what Black Friday and announcements of next year’s models may bring.

Starting to think this may be the year to hold off on the BF deals; seems to be a lot of change in the air...

Just thinking out loud here...
    Agreed.

I hope so I’ll be ready to try one out.

I’m quite surprised it hasn’t happened already...
    I just wonder if they had a lot of 7Bs on the shelf and didnt want to make them obsolete before they sold out?? Otherwise I cant find a good reason not to have it as an option.

I just wonder if they had a lot of 7Bs on the shelf and didnt want to make them obsolete before they sold out?? Otherwise I cant find a good reason not to have it as an option.
    Could be that or the scope is going to be phased out.

Heck I prefer the ebr-2c over the ebr-7c. That reticle is crowded and the 2c is secondary market only.

Maybe a Gen 3 Razor back at $2499.

Reactions: patriot07 and jmw
    The gen 2 didn’t have anything close to the ebr-7b, so it made sense to spend the cash to make the 7c.

It makes almost zero financial sense to make a 7c for the amg that offers a 7b.

Ain’t nobody out there not buying an AMG because of where the numbers are.

Reactions: tydex21
    I’m behind the curve on technology, still running NXS 3.5-15x F1(still love it though). Hoping for good deals come BFriday, but may end up just saving for a full price ZCO.

I'd love to find a good deal on the Kahles 525i but since it's fairly new, I don't see them coming out with the next thing yet

Reactions: ironsight1000yard
    Good choice

That price is the only reason I went with it over the ZCO. A grand buys a lot of powder, bullets, and brass!

Then use some sort of discount. But they are going to charge you shipping and tax.

Tax, yes, but free shipping

Reactions: Snipe260
    Definitely seeing lots of scopes getting discounted, especially in the PX section. I am looking for a new tier 1/1.5 scope and find myself mentally comparing everything out there with the 50% Minox deal... $2250 for a brand new Minoz ZP5 from the factory with a free Mauser M18 bolt action rifle of your caliber choice... :eek:

That is impossible to beat. I was looking at 7-35 ATACR or ZCO prior, but with a ZP5 deal like above, it just doesn't make sense not to go with a Minox ZP5... choosing between a Minox ZP5 for $1800 or $3600 for 7-35 ATACR Mil-Xt/ZCO? I think the choice is clear...

Definitely seeing lots of scopes getting discounted, especially in the PX section. I am looking for a new tier 1/1.5 scope and find myself mentally comparing everything out there with the 50% Minox deal... $2250 for a brand new Minoz ZP5 from the factory with a free Mauser M18 bolt action rifle of your caliber choice... :eek:

That is impossible to beat. I was looking at 7-35 ATACR or ZCO prior, but with a ZP5 deal like above, it just doesn't make sense not to go with a Minox ZP5... choosing between a Minox ZP5 for $1800 or $3600 for 7-35 ATACR Mil-Xt/ZCO? I think the choice is clear...
    Then you can sell the Mauser and come out even more on top.

Reactions: alwaywatchyoursix
    still hoping for a compact vortex amg or even better(let me dream!) a 4-16x42 nightforce ffp with the 2.5-10x42 size!

Speaking of Vortex, I think we got a gen3 Razor on the horizon.
    Yes, but how far on the Horizon is the question, I do not think we'll see anything groundbreaking until at least 2020 and possibly into 2021, but I agree that I feel Vortex has some amazing products on the horizon some that I think will be revolutionary.

Reactions: MarinePMI
    Tangent Theta and ZCO 2019 clearance prices??? ;)
    I'm hoping for the 50% off deal from TT and ZCO if you purchase a Mossberg Patriot Rifle :LOL:

Seriously, what are we hoping will be deeply discounted on BF or by the end of the year? For any of the quality scopes out I just don't see massive price cuts, the "deals" are usually for scopes that are not selling too well. You can already get some great deals on Vortex scopes (watch Liberty Optics Hide Flash Sales) and from other Hide Vendors if you call. You can get the Minox ZP5 at half off if you buy a cheap Mauser M18. You can check out the classifieds for some crazy good deals on used scopes (all the time). But if you want a Schmidt, TT, ZCO or Nightforce you can pretty much guarantee you're always going to pay top dollar (unless you buy used in the classifieds - which I recommend). That being said, it is ALWAYS worth calling the Hide Vendors and asking "I'm a Hide member, what is your best price on scope X" and call around because sometimes one vendor might have a bit more incentive...
    In no particular order:
    • CS Tactical - Richard (or Mike)
    • Liberty Optics - Scott
    • Sport Optics - Ben
    • Eurooptic - Jason
    • cameralandny - Doug
    • Mile High
    I've bought from all the above companies/salespeople and have nothing but praise for them all, I highly recommend contacting these Hide vendors for your next scope purchase.

Yes, but how far on the Horizon is the question, I do not think we'll see anything groundbreaking until at least 2020 and possibly into 2021, but I agree that I feel Vortex has some amazing products on the horizon some that I think will be revolutionary.
    It feels like incremental changes at most until the next wave of electronic scopes drop. Revic got the ball rolling, Sig took a swing, next up is a big dog doing it right and no reason that couldnt be vortex

My personal opinion is that I can only foresee them going up in price, which makes keeps them farther away from me personally owning one :(
    If someone is going to spend $3k on a Nightforce or Schmidt then it would be worthwhile to think seriously about saving up another $500-$600 to purchase the ZCO. If you can find the Nightforce or Schmidt you want for under $3k then it might be a harder sell for the ZCO, but the ZCO has very few peers for an all around package and has the largest sight picture I've seen which sets it apart from the rest. I am hoping that ZCO will announce a MPCT3 reticle with Christmas tree dots instead of solid lines, about my only gripe on that scope.

Reactions: rydah
    I want a gen 3 razor that will compete with the very best tier 1 scopes but beat them in price, like I feel the gen2 razor does in its class now

I'm hoping for the 50% off deal from TT and ZCO if you purchase a Mossberg Patriot Rifle :LOL:

Seriously, what are we hoping will be deeply discounted on BF or by the end of the year? For any of the quality scopes out I just don't see massive price cuts, the "deals" are usually for scopes that are not selling too well. You can already get some great deals on Vortex scopes (watch Liberty Optics Hide Flash Sales) and from other Hide Vendors if you call. You can get the Minox ZP5 at half off if you buy a cheap Mauser M18. You can check out the classifieds for some crazy good deals on used scopes (all the time). But if you want a Schmidt, TT, ZCO or Nightforce you can pretty much guarantee you're always going to pay top dollar (unless you buy used in the classifieds - which I recommend). That being said, it is ALWAYS worth calling the Hide Vendors and asking "I'm a Hide member, what is your best price on scope X" and call around because sometimes one vendor might have a bit more incentive...
    In no particular order:
    • CS Tactical - Richard (or Mike)
    • Liberty Optics - Scott
    • Sport Optics - Ben
    • Eurooptic - Jason
    • cameralandny - Doug
    • Mile High
    I've bought from all the above companies/salespeople and have nothing but praise for them all, I highly recommend contacting these Hide vendors for your next scope purchase.
    I'm new here. How do I find these guys' phone numbers?

It feels like incremental changes at most until the next wave of electronic scopes drop. Revic got the ball rolling, Sig took a swing, next up is a big dog doing it right and no reason that couldnt be vortex

i‘d like to see a price drop or an update on the Swarovski dS. I have a Defiance, Manners, Proof 6.5 CM hunting build by LRI that was just finished that needs some glass before next fall. Wishful thinking on my part, but I’m OCONUS for quite a while and can wait.