• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hodgdon Price Increase at Sportman's Warehouse

I wish I could buy large rifle magnum primers, but even at their current “normal” pricing, they don’t exist.
Yep, they sure don't, at least not that I have seen either...

I don't need any of those but do casually scan the various retailers, local forums and here for local sales of Fed 215/215M primers (used in my win mag and near-future 300 PRC) and if someone has some at a 'reasonable' price, ill go grab them...Another thing to consider is buying very popular powders, primers that are available but you may not use for your stuff however can readily trade for components you do need but can't get your hands on...I have a boat load of 8208XBR for that exact purpose as I don't use it for anything but have it waiting around for when I may need some other powder that I can't get my hands on and my supplies are running short...

Most certainly WE are ALL finding out how anything connected with shooting sports Hunting etc. are bucking the normal business trends price wise.

Scalping ,Yes Scalping is just another form of Gray market acceptance within the newer twisted society . This is a typical marketing forecast for retailers ,yet fits Nothing remotely connected to the Ammo or Firearms industry . Welcome too Bidenflation and once people come too their collective senses and realize just " HOW MUCH MONIES " illicit immigration is really gonna cost the Country , We're gonna want and Need ALL the Ammo we can muster . Bank on it and remember just which airhead is about to ram UN Resolution 2117 revised down our throats !.

1705774942804.png

My experience at Sportsmans Warehouse has been pretty good for prices on Powder & Primers compared to other retailers. Prior to this price increase they had been selling Primers for .05¢- .06¢ where all of the other retailers were selling the same Primers for .08¢- .12¢. That tells me exactly what is going on.

Three weeks ago, I bought 2#'s of Alliant BE-86 for $46.00 per # at Sportsmans Warehouse. I had been looking for BE-86 locally for months with no luck. I was lucky to find it.

Retailers have seen what people are paying on Gunbroker and at Gun Shows. We are being hosed. It is what it is.

Lucky for me like others here, I stocked up on Powder, primers & bullets a few years ago when prices were reasonable.

Reactions: TheOE800 and Ex E6
Out of curiosity , has anyone seen Federal 215match primers recently or at all? My stash is going to run out at sometime.

I DON'T purchase from normal retailer outfits ,rather wholesalers . Single lb. harder to find powders ran $32.00- 38.00 which is outrageous , IMO .
How does an individual do that? Who are the wholesalers? A quick Google search didn't give me a clear picture. THANKS!

Reactions: reelserious
How does an individual do that? Who are the wholesalers? A quick Google search didn't give me a clear picture. THANKS!

It's VERY difficult these days ,yet can be done . Especially if you're affiliated with a shooting club or gun orientated group . Club or Group BUY .

It's not that I'm special ,I have and had friends in low places but also a few Muckety Mucks so to speak . I also was a formulator for old Hercules both industrial as well as commercially . So that surely helped ME early on ,now only a handful of manufacturers know who I was as nearly everyone is deceased . Federal still Likes and Knows ME :) At one time I regularly purchased primers by pallet ,ditto with S&B ,NO longer can that be done as I'm now told .
Perhaps they pity ME ;) Seriously I also have a Great Friend who liquidates corporations businesses and such and sometimes auctions ,it really varies . I also am sponsored as it's a Paying Hobby and unfortunately can't elaborate on that . I signed Non disclosure agreements .
You can read about some of the stuff I do and have done . I also Had a close relationship ( very Good Friend ) with the former managing director of Norma, Sweden . He's now retired and was instrumental in securing MY current paid hobby position. Unfortunately NO contacts with Bofor's or Ruag Swiss but am working on that .

https://www.capstonepg.com/

https://www.bhshooters.com/

https://hodgdonpowderco.com/about-us/

Reactions: GhostFace
they are all robbing us so bad. I wish a company could give us an exact breakdown in their costs and show us how it is possible to have double the price from pre covid. But of course it will never happen because there is no way their cost have doubled. The prices of the raw materials show this.
Raw material accounts for a miniscule portion of a capital and labor intensive product like gun powder.

It's sad to see how ignorant some of you are

I don’t understand how buying powder right now is protecting your shooting budget. If anything it’s hurting it.
Another idiot that doesnt understand how scarce goods appreciate and how inflation works.

ETA: I just realized people like you vote. We're so fucked......

The only people who should be buying right now are dumbasses like myself that have been putting off getting into reloading for over a decade.
Your stupidity and procrastination is absolutely not our problem.

Ima keep buying every month at least twice what i consume.

Last edited:
Raw material accounts for a miniscule portion of a capital and labor intensive product like gun powder.

It's sad to see how ignorant some of you are
Labor costs have not doubled or tripled Reread my last post

If one wanted to get to the very root ( a Pun ) of raw material supply , Canada had some of the Country's worst fires last year , so Raw Materials should actually be lower costs than ever !. Doesn't look like any significant price increase to ME ,so as to justify monumental price gouging :mad:

The global Porous Ammonium Nitrate market was valued at US$ 1817.1 million in 2022 and is projected to reach US$ 2116.3 million by 2029, at a CAGR of 2.2% during the forecast period. The influence of COVID-19 and the Russia-Ukraine War were considered while estimating market sizes.

Labor costs have not doubled or tripled Reread my last post
Actually in some sectors they have. Add in scarcity of labor at any price a company could afford and you get labor shortages which will drive up prices as well.

Some of you should not talk about this shit when you couldn't pass a 9th grade macro economics class if Milton Freidman and Adam Smith were your tutors.

If one wanted to get to the very root ( a Pun ) of raw material supply , Canada had some of the Country's worst fires last year , so Raw Materials should actually be lower costs than ever !. Doesn't look like any significant price increase to ME ,so as to justify monumental price gouging :mad:

The global Porous Ammonium Nitrate market was valued at US$ 1817.1 million in 2022 and is projected to reach US$ 2116.3 million by 2029, at a CAGR of 2.2% during the forecast period. The influence of COVID-19 and the Russia-Ukraine War were considered while estimating market sizes.
Raw material cost is meaningless.

Raw material needs to be mined/ refined.
Then put on a ship from Canada to Australia or Switzerland. Then trucked or trained to manufacture.
Add in labor and manufacturing costs.
Add in competition demand from 3 wars being fought simultaneously.
Add in labor increases, shortages and price increases of everything else.
Now said powder had to be shipped across the globe to its destination.

The cost is in labor and transportation while there is unprecedented demand where governments gets priority orders. Less product trickles out to civilians which keeps prices high as demand still out paces supply.

Why would a company wholesale something when they know a retailer will mark it up 100%. Retail margins are more like 5-20%. So manufactures raises prices to keep profits instead of retailers benefitting.

The prices you see are due to demand. If no one wanted the shit at these prices they would drop. Bitching about corporate profits vs retailer profits is retarded. You are still going to pay market prices as things return to equilibrium.

Don't like it? Too fucking bad. You can either deal with reality or bitch and moan like a child. Feel free to move to North Korea or Cuba where the gov will protect you from evil corporations via price controls.

One point many of you seem to be missing is .

When huge corporations determined to become a monopoly or gobble up competitors ,rather than tax their working capital and borrowing monies , MANY instead simply RAISE product prices ( especially when they're able too ) in order to garner extra cash assets and then leverage a BUY OUT . Sometimes it's as simple as BOASTING STOCK ASSET ,as dividends increase with substantial profit margins .
Either way NONE of us geniuses are gonna change the inevitable !. So the hosing goes on :mad:

Just got back from Sportsman’s Warehouse. Grabbed 2lbs of 2520 for my 6 ARC and an 8lber of RL16 for the Manbun. Price out the door was astronomical. I don’t give a shit. I now have enough to load what I want for a little bit. I shoot twice a week and usually 5 different calibers that I reload for. It was my choice to get into reloading 18 months ago. I am in the garage loading, prepping, etc almost daily. I absolutely love it. Did I miss the hay days, sure. But I have mountains of cheap 7.62x39 and 5.56 and 410 and 22lr and 22 magnum that I paid pennies for. So every once in awhile, I sell some off as an offset. It’s all relative. I’m just glad I stocked up on something when it was cheap. I feel bad for new shooters. But I believe that’s the overall plan. Phase out us old guys and new people will eventually just not join in the sport.

Raw material cost is meaningless.

Raw material needs to be mined/ refined.
Then put on a ship from Canada to Australia or Switzerland. Then trucked or trained to manufacture.
Add in labor and manufacturing costs.
Add in competition demand from 3 wars being fought simultaneously.
Add in labor increases, shortages and price increases of everything else.
Now said powder had to be shipped across the globe to its destination.

The cost is in labor and transportation while there is unprecedented demand where governments gets priority orders. Less product trickles out to civilians which keeps prices high as demand still out paces supply.

Why would a company wholesale something when they know a retailer will mark it up 100%. Retail margins are more like 5-20%. So manufactures raises prices to keep profits instead of retailers benefitting.

The prices you see are due to demand. If no one wanted the shit at these prices they would drop. Bitching about corporate profits vs retailer profits is retarded. You are still going to pay market prices as things return to equilibrium.

Don't like it? Too fucking bad. You can either deal with reality or bitch and moan like a child. Feel free to move to North Korea or Cuba where the gov will protect you from evil corporations via price controls.

The prices I quoted were USA imported cost . As a matter of FACT ; Pricing is down for RAW materials ,so answer all of us less than scholastic geniuses WHY pricing is UP ?.

As having a PhD. in organic chemistry from a major well known college and had worked in the field for better than 50 years , chemicals as well as pricing ISN'T new to ME .
DateValue
December 31, 2023 188.16
November 30, 2023 187.27
October 31, 2023 185.75
September 30, 2023 185.75
August 31, 2023 184.10
July 31, 2023 186.78
June 30, 2023 188.15
May 31, 2023 188.79
April 30, 2023 214.06
March 31, 2023 205.14
February 28, 2023 207.55
January 31, 2023 204.86
December 31, 2022 205.68
November 30, 2022 208.81
October 31, 2022 297.57
September 30, 2022 302.82
August 31, 2022 301.90
July 31, 2022 340.45
June 30, 2022 357.65
May 31, 2022 334.90
April 30, 2022 267.94
March 31, 2022 255.72
February 28, 2022 247.07
January 31, 2022 236.95
December 31, 2021 231.35

DateValue
November 30, 2021 202.58
October 31, 2021 203.74
September 30, 2021 202.18
August 31, 2021 203.45
July 31, 2021 205.28
June 30, 2021 194.00
May 31, 2021 187.00
April 30, 2021 148.40
March 31, 2021 143.30
February 28, 2021 140.80
January 31, 2021 135.30
December 31, 2020 135.10
November 30, 2020 133.90
October 31, 2020 131.70
September 30, 2020 130.30
August 31, 2020 129.60
July 31, 2020 133.90
June 30, 2020 133.00
May 31, 2020 127.20
April 30, 2020 125.60
March 31, 2020 126.70
February 29, 2020 128.90
January 31, 2020 128.80

Last edited:
Further erosion of RAW material cost increasing is :

North America

The weak demand from downstream industries and the high cost of production in the North American region guided the price trend's for nitric acid. The prices also suffered from the high stock levels as, along with the end-user sector, the intermediate companies were also reluctant to purchase the commodity. With the disruptions in the supply-demand equilibrium, the nitric acid market followed a negative trajectory.

Analyst Insight

According to Procurement Resource, the price trend's for nitric acid will likely oscillate in the upcoming quarter as the demand from the downstream fertilizers and ammonium nitrate sector is expected to remain weak.

Europe

The declining trends in the prices of nitric acid from the last quarter of 2022 was actively followed in the first half of 2023 in the European region. The prices declined gradually as the region faced challenges maintaining its supply chains amid falling natural gas prices. The reduced demand from the fertilizer and ammonium nitrate sectors further aided the downfall.

Nitric Acid Price Trends for the First and second Half of 2023

Asia

The price trend's for nitric acid seemed flat during the first quarter of 2023. Though the buyers actively hoarded products owing to the Lunar New Year holidays, no significant impact on the market dynamics was seen as the supply-demand remained somewhat balanced. However, even with the manufacturers operating at low levels, the market was still oversaturated with the product.

The gradual decline in the prices was the result of the rise in the level of inventories, volatile demand from the downstream industries, and a steep drop in the prices of aniline and ammonium nitrate, which are the major market drivers of nitric acid. The spot prices of nitric acid averaged around 281 USD/MT in June’23 in the Chinese domestic market.

Regions covered

Asia Pacific:
China, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Japan, Philippines, Vietnam, Iran, Thailand, South Korea, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Nepal, Taiwan, Sri Lanka, UAE, Israel, Hongkong, Singapore, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar, Australia, and New Zealand

Europe: Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, Turkey, Netherlands, Poland, Sweden, Belgium, Austria, Ireland Switzerland, Norway, Denmark, Romania, Finland, Czech Republic, Portugal and Greece

North America: United States and Canada

Latin America: Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Columbia, Chile, Ecuador, and Peru

Africa: South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt, Algeria, Morocco

Industrial Uses
Fertilisers, Oxidising agents, Textile industry, Metal nitrates and inorganic nitrate salts, Various organic intermediates, Plastics, Dyes, explosives, Metal cleaning, Woodworking

Last edited:
NOT topic related yet relatable to Firearms industry !.

How corporate raiding actually WORKS
and thus eliminating any competition . The parent company absorbs the loss as a spin off acquisition and liquidates intended said company ,all the while writing off said losses . WHY else would a company bother purchasing a failing company with far more debt than reversing potential ?.

After nearly 80 years of operation, significant layoffs, and the recent acquisition by the Flacks Group, Kelly-Moore Paint Company has immediately ceased operations, beginning an orderly, out-of-court wind-down of all its business. The announcement comes days after the company laid off about 700 workers and temporarily stops operations at its manufacturing plant in Hurst, TX in the hope of a return to full operations.

Cash drains caused by asbestos legal settlements, legal liabilities caused by current ownership, and supply chain challenge investments led to Kelly-Moore’s “inability to fund its continued operations.” ( Flacks Group ,had to know that before acquiring a dead solider ) .

The Flacks Group acquired Kelly-Moore in October of 2022 and appointed Charles Gassenheimer as CEO to evaluate and implement strategies for improving the Company’s financial situation. These strategies included relocation of its headquarters from California to Texas, exploring new domestic and abroad supply-chain partnerships, planning store upgrades and strategic technology, and resolving sizable portions of the pending asbestos claims.

“I’m extremely disappointed and saddened by this outcome, as the entire Kelly-Moore team made incredible efforts to continue innovating and serving the unique needs of professional painting contractors,” said Gassenheimer. “The ownership group’s commitment from day one was to fix the business if we could. Sadly, no matter how great the Kelly-Moore team, products, and reputation for service, we simply couldn’t overcome the massive legal and financial burdens that have been weighing on the company for many years.”

Yeah ; I'll bet the Flacks Group was all broken up about the loss !. In the real world it's a fine art of screwing someone over and have them thank you for doing it !.

Funny as I found 8 lb jugs of RL16 and Ar-Comp locally today and both were 349.00

Which in reality is about $75.00- 100.00 too high . Case in point 8 lb. IMR 4227 6 months ago paid $244.00 ,even slightly less for IMR 4064 .

Yet all of a sudden ALL powder " Distributors " are jacking up pricing .

Allow ME to set the record straight :

Vista Outdoor, a parent company to many firearms businesses, told Newsweek that it will substantially increase its ammunition prices due to "an anticipated global shortage of gunpowder." ( Not actual rather anticipated ,justifies 35-70% increases ? ) !.

The Minnesota-based company confirmed the authenticity of a December 1 letter sent to customers that it would go ahead with an across-the-board increase of its ammunition and gunpowder prices on January 1.

"Due to world events our suppliers have notified us of unprecedented demand for and an anticipated global shortage of gunpowder, and thus has increased our prices substantially," Vice President of Sales, Sporting Products Brett Nelson said in the letter. "We must therefore raise our pricing to help offset those increases."

Companies that will increase their prices include Remington, Alliant Powder, CCI, Federal, SEVI-Shot and Speer. The following increases include:

• Shotshell: 1-7 percent
  • Rifle: 1-7 percent
  • Handgun: 1-5 percent
  • 22LR/Shorts: 1-5 percent
  • WMR/HMR: 1-7 percent
  • Primers: 5 percent
  • Alliant Powder: 10 percent (limited availability).
Another Total LIE . Simply look back at Jan. 2022 prices and see where Powder prices jumped by as much as $ 107.00 per 8 lb. jug.
In 2022 powder rose by an average pricing around 38% . It's Jan. 2024 and prices are going to exceed the above figures by 4-5 times minimal !.

"Smokeless Powder Market" is Expanding Quickly and Grabbing the interest of worldwide Investors and Top Players. The Research offers thorough information on the most recent market trends, rising investments, and major important players [General Dynamics, Rheinmetall Defence, Australian Munitions, Eurenco, MAXAM Corp, BAE Systems, Forcit], delivering insightful insights into this developing sector of the economy. This Smokeless Powder market study provides in-depth insights, including market size, share, growth rates, and current market conditions, empowering companies to create winning expansion plans.

Browse Detailed TOC of Smokeless Powder Market report which is spread across 99+ Pages, Tables and Figures with Charts that provides exclusive data, information, vital statistics, trends, and competitive landscape details in this niche sector.

Get a Sample PDF of report - https://www.precisionreports.co/enquiry/request-sample/20824387

Short Description About Smokeless Powder Market: ( Yeah players are making CASH hand over fist at expense of shooters )

The Global Smokeless Powder market is anticipated to rise at a considerable rate during the forecast period, between 2023 and 2031. In 2022, the market is growing at a steady rate and with the rising adoption of strategies by key players, the market is expected to rise over the projected horizon.

Smokeless gunpowder refers to smokeless propellant that replaces black gunpowder. The gunpowder of today's guns is all smokeless gunpowder.

Market Analysis and Insights: Global and United States Smokeless Powder Market

This report focuses on global and United States Smokeless Powder market, also covers the segmentation data of other regions in regional level and county level.

Bottom line the USA ISN'T manufacturing near anything including smokeless powder ,we're importing nearly everything and that favors who ?

Current administration as well as China ,leaves the USA vulnerable just like giving oil reserves too China ! .????????????.

What's needed is ADDITIONAL DOMESTIC POWDER PRODUCTION and a whole crap pot less immigrants !!!!!!!!!!!!!.

The prices I quoted were USA imported cost . As a matter of FACT ; Pricing is down for RAW materials ,so answer all of us less than scholastic geniuses WHY pricing is UP ?.

As having a PhD. in organic chemistry from a major well known college and had worked in the field for better than 50 years , chemicals as well as pricing ISN'T new to ME .

I'm sick and fucking tired of explaining to dumbasses that raw materials are the least of the cost factors in making the majority of hard goods in the world.

For a PhD, you sure seem pretty fucking ignorant of how business works.

How about you list for us all the cost drivers of a manufactured product? It doesn't even have to be gunpowder, just in general.

All of you bitching about the price of shooting either pay up or go be poor somewhere else.
This seems like a reductive argument. If this is the case, then as more folks are priced out of the shooting sports then that's fewer folks willing to vote and advocate for the shooting sports. Eventually it dies out.

It could be argued that the increased gun sales in recent years shows that the sport is growing more than ever before however my opinion is that those buyers were influenced more by a perceived scarcity and paranoia than an actual desire to get out and shoot. But I dunno these are all just my musings.

Reactions: Holliday
This seems like a reductive argument. If this is the case, then as more folks are priced out of the shooting sports then that's fewer folks willing to vote and advocate for the shooting sports. Eventually it dies out.

It could be argued that the increased gun sales in recent years shows that the sport is growing more than ever before however my opinion is that those buyers were influenced more by a perceived scarcity and paranoia than an actual desire to get out and shoot. But I dunno these are all just my musings.

Well what do you suppose we do to alter the market? Every argument I've seen here stating that prices should not be what they are, has been full of ignorance and a complete lack of understanding of what all the cost factors of manufacturing are.

We are consumers. Our only power is purchasing power. You either have it, you get it, or you're out.

THAT is reality

Well what do you suppose we do to alter the market? Every argument I've seen here stating that prices should not be what they are, has been full of ignorance and a complete lack of understanding of what all the cost factors of manufacturing are.

We are consumers. Our only power is purchasing power. You either have it, you get it, or you're out.

THAT is reality
I don't disagree with you regarding manufacturing. I was just pointing out an issue with that statement. I definitely agree that there is a lack of understanding of the costs of manufacturing. I admit that I personally am ignorant to the costs associated with producing reloading components since I've never worked in that area. I could make an educated guess but it'd be just that a guess.

Over the past few years going to matches or in spaces that are directly connected to the shooting sports, I've noticed I'm typically the youngest there (excluding children that are there with parents). This is just anecdotal evidence though.

Crazy that it now cost double from what it was pre 2020. I know inflation has things screwed up but surely we have got caught up by now with the lack of supplies. Part of me feels companies are still trying to cash in. Maybe I’m wrong but it sure seems that way. Powder, primers, bullets and ammo are still crazy. There are other places that are cheaper.
supply and demand buddy!

I don't see anything getting any better anywhere anytime soon.

Groceries, cloths, durable goods, building materials are all up like 70-100%+ from 5 years ago and people want to bitch about powder and primers which is one of the cheapest parts of shooting.

What's really ignorant are people who purchase powder at extortion pricing ( $350-400 per 8 lb. ) ,while NOT understanding they're being HOSED !.

Refuse to purchase 8 lb. powders which exceed $300.00 cap and see where pricing goes !.

And IF manufacturing cost are so exorbitant then WHY isn't the Chemical markets aware of that upward trend and pricing and showing demand increases ?. Are they all ignorant as well ?

Show some statics where European and Australian Labor manufacturing has increased near the % to justify domestic Price increases of 35-70% ?.

Today : Retail and this pricing has already seen it's cost increase .

VihtaVuori Powder – N165 – 8lb​

$278.00

Cool story. I'll keep buying powder at 3-400 a jug and stacking it deep. Keeps growing every year like a 401k.

You can keep screaming and
wishing for a moral victory that will never come.

You can keep waiting while we're all out shooting and living life.

Actually in some sectors they have. Add in scarcity of labor at any price a company could afford and you get labor shortages which will drive up prices as well.

Some of you should not talk about this shit when you couldn't pass a 9th grade macro economics class if Milton Freidman and Adam Smith were your tutors.
Labor costs in our area and not just our type of manufacturing (gun barrels) but the shortage of machinists/demand for them etc... in our area is driving up labor costs.

Our oldest son (31) is a tool and die designer and machinist at a shop about 30 minutes from here. He told me they interviewed a guy for a open position again in tool design. They liked the guy. They offered him what they thought was top dollar to hire him. The guy laughed in they're face and as he walked out he told them he was offered $15k more from another shop. End of interview!

There are other factors besides material costs driving up prices.

Reactions: lash
Labor costs in our area and not just our type of manufacturing (gun barrels) but the shortage of machinists/demand for them etc... in our area is driving up labor costs.

Our oldest son (31) is a tool and die designer and machinist at a shop about 30 minutes from here. He told me they interviewed a guy for a open position again in tool design. They liked the guy. They offered him what they thought was top dollar to hire him. The guy laughed in they're face and as he walked out he told them he was offered $15k more from another shop. End of interview!

Agreed but we're NOT talking about US job market ,we're referring to European /Australian Markets as to WHERE products are manufactured .
Remember dipshits like Hodgdon's and Vista manufactures NOTHING in powder ,they distribute .
I deal a little in Domestic Barrels ,Faxon ,Ballistics ,Lilja ,Schneider . Have seen minor costs increases ,yet sales are abundantly clear and near or below 2018 pricing in many cases . So ???

Faxon Match Series 20", Heavy Fluted, 6.5 Creedmoor, Rifle-Length, 416-R Stainless QPQ Nitride, 5R, Nickel Teflon Extension AR-10 Barrel $400.00 is normal cost ??.​

Last edited:
Show some statics where European and Australian Labor manufacturing has increased near the % to justify domestic Price increases of 35-70% ?.

How about YOU prove your point with data?

In the end I doubt anyone gives a fuck about your rant. Like @DeathBeforeDismount said, we're busy buying as much as we can so we can shoot.

You can sit here and yell at clouds all alone for all I fucking care.

I hear that. I ended up getting a manual machinist degree to burn up the rest of my GI bill before it expired. Free money right? I already had a career so night school it was.

As a hiring manager I hire just about every proffesion and trade. What really blew me away is the pay for machinists. This is a highly skilled trade that requires realitivley intelligent and plan oriented folks who can think out an entire process. The pay that these guys were getting out of school was pathetic and even the long time machinists were making less than school teachers and entry level college grads. My grandfather was a machinist so I always held them In high regards and he made a good living. I would hire mechanics, lineman, electricians, he'll even material handlers made more money. $20-30 an hour for a skilled trade is fucking disgraceful. You can hire Mexicans at home depot and they will cost the same.

For the amount of education and experience it takes to become a competent machinist; there are 100 other careers that are easier, do not require the mental focus and pay way way better. Also safer and easier on the body. No wonder it's a dying breed. There is just no money unless you get into a gov union job or open your own shop.

Supply and demand. Maybe it will cause a raise in wages but with automation and additive manufacturing it may just be a dead/niche skill in a few years.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wage Price Index, Australia​

Key statistics​

• In September quarter 2023, the seasonally adjusted WPI rose 1.3% for the quarter and 4.0% over the year.
  • The quarterly rise in the private sector was 1.4% and the public sector rose 0.9%, seasonally adjusted.
  • The industry with the most significant contribution to wage growth was Health care and social assistance (3.1%).

Agreed but we're NOT talking about US job market ,we're referring to European /Australian Markets as to WHERE products are manufactured .
Remember dipshits like Hodgdon's and Vista manufactures NOTHING in powder ,they distribute .
I deal a little in Domestic Barrels ,Faxon ,Ballistics ,Lilja ,Schneider . Have seen minor costs increases ,yet sales are abundantly clear and near or below 2018 pricing in many cases . So ???

Faxon Match Series 20", Heavy Fluted, 6.5 Creedmoor, Rifle-Length, 416-R Stainless QPQ Nitride, 5R, Nickel Teflon Extension AR-10 Barrel $400.00 is normal cost ??.​

You are not comparing apples to apples.

Just looked at a finished AR barrel in 8.6BO for a local guy yesterday. About of 1/3 of the land width was deformed from the rest of the lands. He paid around $350 for the prefit/prefinished barrel. I'll guarantee he is going to have accuracy issues.

Also a gun manufacturer.... when they really see what it takes to make a very good barrel and the costs involved.... guess what is the first thing that corners get cut on.... the barrel every single time.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Ops Swiss didn't do it either ; Perhaps some of you should renew your HS diplomas or stop watching CNN :eek:

Swiss wage index​

Wage growth in 2022​

The Swiss nominal wage index rose by 0.9% on average in 2022 compared with 2021. It settled at 100.7 points (base 2020 = 100). Given an average annual inflation rate of +2.8%, real wages fell by 1.9% (97.3 points, base 2020 = 100) according to calculations by the Federal Statistical Office (FSO).
In 2022, nominal wages rose by an average of 0.9% compared with the previous year (2021: –0.2%; 2020: +0.8%; 2019: +0.9%; 2018: +0.5%). In the most important collective labour agreements (CLA), to which almost half a million employees are party, an effective wage increase (nominal wages) of +0.3% was agreed for 2022.
The rise in prices caused in particular by higher gas, oil, car and rent prices led to an exceptional inflation of +2.8% at the end of 2022. Due to the adjustment of nominal wages to inflation, the purchasing power of wages decreased by 1.9%.

The Swiss Trade Union Federation is calling for salary increases of 5% next year to cope with rising inflation and higher rents and health insurance premiums.

This content was published on September 8, 2023 - 14:15September 8, 2023 - 14:15

Despite a favourable economic situation, employers do not even want to compensate for the increase in prices, the trade union body told reporters in Bern on Friday.

High profit margins only serve to further increase the very high salaries and bonuses in Switzerland and to pay out dividends, it added.

While low and middle incomes have seen their real wages fall, the 50,000 people who earn at least CHF300,000 ($336,000) annually have benefited from higher wages and dividends, said Trade Union Federation chief economist Daniel Lampart.