• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HOLE IN HOLE show them!!

Why have one hole when you can enjoy two??? I'm with Crumpmd--often fail to wish that last one in.

Here, great 4-shot start, fail on finish.

image_zps381cc4df.jpg

Here, awesome start at 500 yards--but explains why folks want to talk about 5-shot groups, as I screwed the next two.

image_zps5b8787be.jpg

image_zpsa4fbb806.jpg

yea, 5's can be a PIA...just means you have to spend more time at the range.

As to your group...you had to fart didn't you. Remember to let the farts out prior to starting a new string. If you let it build, it throws off your entire NPA.

my plan is to go out tomorrow but doubt I'll be able to...crap around the house to do, weather will be crap and I haven't worked a load up so only factory stuff.

WTH, I'll play. Top left is 5 shots out of my .338lm @ 100. Bottom is 10 shots sighting my dad's factory 700 .06 in. 8 touching. All hand loads.

IMG_3758.jpg

IMG_3450.jpg

Last edited:
20121212surgeon100ydfggm426crop_zps18e603c0.jpg

Sadly, I do not have a sub .5moa rifle / load / (shooter?) combination in my arsenal. I'm hopping to change that this year and get a custom precision rifle but we will have to see how the money pans out. I fired these from my brothers American Precision Arms built .308. The left group was shot with some Nosler 168gr handloads that I loaded for a different rifle but seemed to agree with this one ok. The right group was FGGM. The group is 5 shots + the thrown cold bore. This rifle likes to throw the cold bore for whatever reason. Perhaps he has the action screws at the wrong torque. I think some time developing for this rifle would probably really shrink down the groups as I am pretty happy with these from a totally un-tuned standpoint.

I know that is not a hole in hole group but is what I've achieved with hunting ammo and in conclusion, I need to work to improve my groups.

Distance 100m
Ammunition Sellier Bellot HPC 11,7g (180gr) - 5 shots, 0,63 MOA.

260220131525.jpg

Distance 150m
Ammunition SAKO Super Hammerhead soft point bullet 11,7g (180gr) - 3 shots, 0,45 MOA

260220131526.jpg

I would post some groups with match ammo on my next visit at the range

Rifle: AI AE MKIII .308W with IOR 3,5-18X50 scope

20130216_112934.jpg

Best,

Cris

Here is mine. The rifle is a custom Rem 700 with a Rock Creek barrel chambered in 308

IMG-20121116-00490.jpg

very nice groups guys! When I started this post almost 2 years ago, it was just after I had gotten my Tikka 308 Varmint, I was new to percision shooting. I had taken my rilfe down to New Mexico and a buddy introduced me to reloading. He had the same rifle as me so he had two dozen diffrent loads ready for me to test out. I had gone though about 2/3 of his inventory when this happened!
1stoneholegrp_zps09b8760b.jpg

Now granted only the first and 3rd shot were wittnessed, however, to this day it is known where I come from as the miricale group. Since then I have shot many 5 shot one hole groups, but none of them this tight! After 1600 rounds down the tube, the Tikka still puts out. Here are two groups from yeasterday, one is a 168gr group the other 178 both AMax.

178 gr
1781hole_zpscc058133.jpg

168gr
1681hole_zpsc27cd014.jpg

Keep shooting!

Wasn't there some rule on the old forum about posting groups <1o rounds for measurement?
:)

Here is one from my Desert Tactical SRS with the 26" .338 Lapua Mag barrel. 250gr Sierra Matchkings in Lapua cases with 97gr of 5010, win LR Mag primers. I fired it suppressed with a can I built. I measured the center to center at about .400". There have been a couple groups in 6.5 X 47 with another barrel that have been better but no pics taken. Rifle is great fun to shoot and very versatile.

Frank

Attachments

• DT 338 group uncovered.jpg
    DT 338 group uncovered.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DT 338 group covered.jpg
    DT 338 group covered.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 22
Two 5 shot groups @ 100 with my 223. Rem700 bartlein barrel and Manners T6a stock. One of them turned pretty good!

223005_zpse7236b6c.png

My .02, Man if I had a dollar for every 5 shot group with 4 touching and 1 out, LOL, or when I check zero with 3 out of 3 touching, which has been quite often.

The only time in my life I could shoot consecutive 5 shot groups all touching was with a 6PPC bench rifle, off a Farley joysick rest and no wind and on a good shootin day. Smallest 5er so far was in the high 1's, it lives in my wallet of course.

Inaccurate rifles suck and super accurate rifles scarcer than hens teeth, super accurate shooters are scarcer still. .5 MOA and maybe a little less works for me nowadays.

I'm getting old, might be time to start playing with benchrest rifles again.

Untitled_zps8548a9e7.jpg

This was shot with my stock Rem 700 (a Dicks' $350). The load is 175 gr. SMK backed by 42.0 grains of Varget. I cannot replicate again since I ran out of Federal primers and cannot find any locally nor do I have any bullets to load when I do..This same load using Winchester LR primers goes to 2". It's amazing the difference primers make...

I've seen here very nice groups.. Good job, guys!

I'd be more impressed with a tight group out past 300 then a 3 or 5 shot group that was all touching at 100 yards.

I'm with you there. I don't shoot all that far, but I usually don't shoot all that close either... and I don't usually shoot traditional groups; mine are shot over a few days;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsoR52dnJic

But it isn't as if I haven't shot a group the traditional way at 100 yards.
springfieldGroup.jpg

Best I've shot so far, It was my first shots from my first batch of reloads ever. Have not been able to repeat it.
RoLewk3.png

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Here's you one from 705 yards in the bull.
1295206370.jpg
</div></div>
What stock is that I really like it?

Thats great shooting. What did you use?

Thanks! The rifle is an APA build on an FN SPR action chambered in 6.5x47 Lapua. Group was shot with 130 Bergers.

gun005.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ok I'll bite, Just re-barreled my Savage 338LM with a new 30" Chanlynn barrel. Load developement with 300gr Scenars, it's a keeper!

DSC00898_zps79e09148.jpg

Sully

My 308 Winchester at 100 meters. 10 shot group using the wobbly Versa-Pod Bipod.

DSC02312.jpg

DSC02311.jpg

3 shot group each with two types of powder and 4 different powder weight.

DSC02306.jpg

Here ya go.

IMG_20130308_210927_075_zps908a4aa1.jpg

IMG_20130220_144146_716_zps27338ea3.jpg

IMG_20130119_142341_360_zps4249de5f.jpg

IMG_20130305_133452_909_zps77f016ff.jpg

Federal Cases 2.010 TL
168 SMK's
Federal 215 Primers
41.4gr RL15
2.815 C.O.A.L.

Stock Rem. SPS .308 barrelled action

Do you have to do this on a Mac or can you do it on an iphone with thw app

Jasin, I just figured it out after watching Deiselgeeks video, and I am just doing it on my I-Phone. I had no idea this app could do so many things. I swear, some day I will wake up to breakfast in bed, cooked and catered by my I-Phone.....

This is a 4 shot group... Fired 3 had a round with a burr on the rim that would not chamber went down range stuck the live round in my 3 shot group walked back and fired 1 round at my unspent case and this is the result.... haha Shot @ 100 yds with GAP Crusader .308 W/ Nightforce F1

Attachments

• biggroup.jpg
    biggroup.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 18
There are some nice tight shots here. The best it the 750 on steel. I do have a question though. Why would someone show off their shot group when the entire group is off target? I say a miss is a miss no matter how accurate that miss is.

There are some nice tight shots here. The best it the 750 on steel. I do have a question though. Why would someone show off their shot group when the entire group is off target? I say a miss is a miss no matter how accurate that miss is.

If a rifle is grouping well, the scope can be dialed in to make PIO=POA. If the groups aren't for shit, you can dial all you want, or hold all you want, but you may or may not hit.

I'd be more impressed with a tight group out past 300 then a 3 or 5 shot group that was all touching at 100 yards.

I couldn't agree more! When you get out past 300 things start to get interesting.

If a rifle is grouping well, the scope can be dialed in to make PIO=POA. If the groups aren't for shit, you can dial all you want, or hold all you want, but you may or may not hit.
Still a miss. I agree but still would like to see those nice groups on the target point.

Still a miss. I agree but still would like to see those nice groups on the target point.

I of course want to see them on the target point too, but for me, while developing a load, I'm much more concerned that the group is tight at 300 or 500 yards for my 338LM, and 200 or 300 for my 30.06. If I have a tight group, I know my reloads are what I'm looking for. I can then adjust the scope to get them placed right. Meanwhile, if my rifle shoots good groups, I know I have a consistent rifle. When you are shooting paper, unless you are competing, groups trump placement. Placement is just a matter of dialing in different dope, and then I have the certainty that my next shots will be on the target point.