• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Home made swing arms

VJJPunisher

Necromancing the stone
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2010
prison purse
Probably wrong section but only section that isn’t overrun by the retard patrol.

I was shopping for a set of swing arms and did you know that they a) only really exist for gov sales and or b) cost 1,700 dollars plus if you find some so I opted for c) fuckem I’ll build some myself

IMG_6663.jpeg
IMG_6664.jpeg
IMG_6782.jpeg
IMG_6781.jpeg
IMG_6666.jpeg
IMG_6786.jpeg
IMG_6785.jpeg
IMG_6784.jpeg
IMG_6840.jpeg
IMG_6787.jpeg
IMG_6863.jpeg
IMG_6860.jpeg
IMG_6859.jpeg
IMG_6866.jpeg
IMG_6892.jpeg
IMG_6868.jpeg
IMG_6867.jpeg

Having them powder coated this weekend and still have to weld the mounting post where I want it on my boogaloo mobile, will update on that later

I made a set for my Hmmwv a couple of years ago. To hold SAW.

Yours are way nicer!!

View attachment 8388658

See welding and metalworking thread.

Well-done!

Sirhr

Yours still look good! To be honest that was how I originally was gonna make these, just weld tubestock together, but a lot of times I over engineer shit or make projects more complex than needed. The determining factor for me was this is going on an off road/ loggin trail style FAV clone, so I was concerned with flex and strength in a bouncy environment

Reactions: D_TROS
Yours still look good! To be honest that was how I originally was gonna make these, just weld tubestock together, but a lot of times I over engineer shit or make projects more complex than needed. The determining factor for me was this is going on an off road/ loggin trail style FAV clone, so I was concerned with flex and strength in a bouncy environment

Mine are pretty rugged. But not billet!

I see you used the same sorts of 'bushings' that I did. Needed to have some rugged bushings as well as good locks!

Looking forward to seeing the finished mount!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Reactions: D_TROS
That is awesome! Very Chenoweth-like!

That's the company that made the FAV back in the day.

Amazing!

Sirhr

I modeled mine after the earlier fav variant, I wasn’t aware the earliest ones were chenowth frames, I was aware of the later dpv models that added a third gunner seat were all built from ground up by chenowth under contract. Very cool vehicles and filled a niche for 20 years or so.

I’ve seen the dpv frames for sale from time to time but anything chenowth brings a premium.

Early on I debated tube framing in an upper gunner seat but my base frame is shorter and narrower than a dpv frame so it wasn’t feasible if I don’t wanna roll over on every corner

But you pretty much taught yourself to weld during the whole process as well. That’s a win in itself.

Think I need to cut a sliding top into the bug, and install a flip up gun mount

But you pretty much taught yourself to weld during the whole process as well. That’s a win in itself.

Think I need to cut a sliding top into the bug, and install a flip up gun mount

Do it pussy, there’s always a ring mount or two for sale on gb.

The welding process on this project over the last 3 years has been a lot of fun and a solid side effect of learning that. I mean I can mig pretty good now but have never touched any of the others, I think I’m too retarded to tig, and stick is for the poors

Well that's a heck of a neat project, swing arm looks great! I really need to learn machining, some of y'all are inspiring.

Alas, I'm but a humble commoner: what weapon system is on that mount?

Well that's a heck of a neat project, swing arm looks great! I really need to learn machining, some of y'all are inspiring.

Alas, I'm but a humble commoner: what weapon system is on that mount?

It’s a Fightlite MCR upper on a KNS spade grip adapted lower