• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Hooper Ordnance Howa Bottom Metal

goose316

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Hattiesburg MS
Not sure if this is the right place...mods if it is wrong I will be glad to move it.

I talked to Hooper and he says if we get 10 orders he will make his bottom metal for the Howa/Vanguard. I really like this guys because you have the option to use the lever for comps and then switch to an inside the trigger guard button for hunting. So Howa shooters unite....

Rem20guard20double1.jpg

Re: Hooper Ordnance Howa Bottom Metal

how much for the bottom metal and a mag or 2?

dont want to ruffle any feathers the wrong way, but i havent heard of this brand, (not saying much) but some might shy away from brands they havent heard of??? unless the price is well below other brands offering basically the same thing, but with a much larger following and durability history???

in saying that, i think more brands offering detachable mag options is a great thing!!!!!! especially for the howa, as id love a dbm, but im not about to pay AUS $500 when the gun cost 900, know what i mean anyone?

cheers guys and again, dont take this the wrong way....

jimi

ps, is it a drop in fit replacement for regualr bottom metal?

Price will be the same, same look, just fits Howa.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hooper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Price will be the same, same look, just fits Howa. </div></div>

Any possibility of a DBM conversion for the FN-SPR with the hinged floorplate?

CDI makes one as a AICS mag retrofit to the factory OEM FN DBM. But as far as I know, there's not a AICS DBM system available for the Hinged FP stocks needing minimal inletting.

I need this for the Howa long action. Any chance of this happening?

As of now, nobody makes DBM for the Howa LA. I would think that the first one to do it corners a very small part of the market. The only thing that has kept me from picking up the Howa LA rifles I see floating around the gun shops for just over $300.00 is the lack of Bottom metal.

I and 2 others would be interested in a long action..