• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

hope i posted in the right place???? 308 -7.62x51

supersnake6

Private
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2010
va
sorry that this is not a reloading post, but i wasnt sure where to post this.i have a savage fcp10 308. today i bought 500rnd of 7.62x51 fmj brass cased, boxer primmed.bottom case reads mke 08.is this safe to shoot in my rifle? which is more powerful 308 or 7.62x51 nato.this was bought for plinking and getting used to the gun.also the primer has a green sealer around it and the brass is polished 2/3 the way up from the bottom. 1/4" to the neck is dull.dont mean to sound dumb but i really like this gun and dont want to screw it up. also the dealer at the gun show told me this wasnt steel core but lead.whether is corrosive or not is still a question.

Re: hope i posted in the right place???? 308 -7.62x51

Sounds like Turkish .308, with an '08 headstamp. It should be just fine to shoot in your rifle. Being boxer primed and that new it should not be corrosive. MKE is supposed to be decent ammo, but it probably won't be the most accurate stuff out of your Savage. Oh and the reason the neck looks dull, is that is where it is annealed.

Re: hope i posted in the right place???? 308 -7.62x51

thanks for the help.after all the post ive read about the steel case ammo i wanted somthing cheap but not to damage my gun.at least when i get set up, ill have plenty of brass for reloading.