• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, unlike the HP White results I linked above? Thats like fake news or what? You're talking Bugatti and I'm in a GT350R?

Hi,

And it begins, lol...

New bartlein alloy in 300NM.

Sincerely,
Theis

20210119_134654.jpg

So, unlike the HP White results I linked above? Thats like fake news or what? You're talking Bugatti and I'm in a GT350R?
HP White wasn’t bad (Intertek, who bought them, is decent and relatively capable). I would have said their focus was more on things being hit by bullets, than things sending bullets, but I can’t speak to their testing methodology specifically.

Reactions: AMGtuned
What is the weight of the current chassis with the nv bridge?

Hi,

Here is weight for you as requested.

20210120_083944.jpg

20210120_083947.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

@THEIS

Remember that image of Babe Ruth pointing at the stands right before hitting the home run?

That was you a couple of years ago.

And like The Babe, you hit it out of the park.

Let me know when you sign up beta testers...

Awesome job my friend!

Sirhr

Hi,

THANKS!!!
Figured it might have been a little too "new" for you, lol....and it doesn't require wheels like some of your other toys, haha.

Sincerely,
Theis

Theis,

What happened to all the original prototypes? Sitting in a barrel for recycleing, or hung on the wall as an evolutionary timeline?

I can’t wait to play with this rifle next week 😍

Hi,

Well just now you will be playing with a "work in progress", lol....we have already changed a good bit...to the point we will have to upgrade that entire chassis for our guy shortly, haha.

Sincerely,
Theis

Theis,

What happened to all the original prototypes? Sitting in a barrel for recycleing, or hung on the wall as an evolutionary timeline?

Hi,

I have them in a drawer and I look at them when I start to think what can we do better.....O and when I am in too good of a mood, haha

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Here is weight for you as requested.

View attachment 7532686
View attachment 7532687

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

THANKS!!!
Figured it might have been a little too "new" for you, lol....and it doesn't require wheels like some of your other toys, haha.

Sincerely,
Theis

Actually I love stuff at the bleeding edge of technology. That’s why I’m building the structured barrel project with the gain twist and carbon fiber bipod.

One cannot truly appreciate the new however unless one appreciates the old.

I know its early in the game; but high pressure rounds have a tendency of gaining my attention, and watching this weapon system develop has been amazing.
I tagged you both due to my question.

@Frank Green do you remember the StraightJacket system?
@THEIS is this a viable barrel upgrade for the end user? StraightJacket finished OD is 1.25" straight taper.

Do you mean the straight jacket barrels by Dracos?

Do you mean the straight jacket barrels by Dracos?
No. The StraightJacket barrels by TeludyneTech. The Dracos is the same technology, borrowed on a patent agreement. TTI was first. I had asked you, because one of your barrels was done at Teludyne Custom Shop, for Brian Litz's test. Would've been curious of your opinion if you had remembered.

This. This is American. This is the way.

Though the new AT-X at 13 pounds is quite attractive. Especially considering a Proof barrel would likely take it around 10 pounds, as they said during Lowlights live.

Reactions: carbonbased
Should be cool to see in person this Sunday!

Hi,

It will be really nice to meet some of your West Coast guys, especially after speaking with Tim for what seems like years and years, lol.

You all will see what we have even though we have already changed/fixed various things since this test version and I am sure we will make a few more modifications after the next couple weeks of having the rifle in independent testing hands.

Sincerely,
Theis

No. The StraightJacket barrels by TeludyneTech. The Dracos is the same technology, borrowed on a patent agreement. TTI was first. I had asked you, because one of your barrels was done at Teludyne Custom Shop, for Brian Litz's test. Would've been curious of your opinion if you had remembered.
I never seen or heard any of the test data that Bryan did on that.

I also don’t know enough about the system other than what I’ve read about on they’re sites etc...

I have concerns about the whole set up but best I can tell you at this time. Sorry bud!

Heavier than I thought it would be. Is most of the extra weight in the buttstock? Where is the balance point of the assembled rifle balance?

By the time the rifles that will be more dependent on balance (short action), I’m sure they will have changed enough that the weight/balance on this rifle likely won’t be indicative of further and/or SA rifles.

Reactions: Dm6
Heavier than I thought it would be. Is most of the extra weight in the buttstock? Where is the balance point of the assembled rifle?

Hi,

The Apsis with its 27" MTU contour barrel actually balances about half in in front of "barricade" stop on the front side of the center section depending on how wide a surface it is being balanced on.

Due to the low centerline of the barreled action in the chassis and the fact the forend is 18" worth of 7075 instead of 16" or shorter..the rifle holds and feels well.

Edited to add..Pics from my current hotel room while waiting on rest of crew to arrive.
20210122_093551.jpg
20210122_093559.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
@THEIS I have been following this project on and off. First off, I love the transparency and honesty in the design process! As someone who is neither an engineer (or any type of math guy), but has always been amazed at people that can make metal do what they want, this thread has rocked me back back on my heels many more times than once.

But I have some questions that I couldn't find answers to. I even used the search function limited to just this thread.

The first one may be taboo.

1. Funding: where on earth do you get your money to not take preorders, yet spend what seems to be millions? of dollars on the lead-up to your first sale? I know you're big on transparency, but maybe this is asking too much?

2. Background: you are obviously an extremely experienced, organized, and smart (not simply in IQ) fellow. Where did you come from, both in country of birth and just general experience? I read you became a US citizen via the US Navy. Pretend I am from your favorite newspaper lolol.

3. Tradeoffs from high pressure rounds: now, I'm a dumbass. I shoot prairie dogs. I do not reload. I have kids and this is a hobby, not a lifestyle (maybe my wife would disagree?). In my retarded little area of shooting, I don't want recoil. I want to see PDs explode through the scope with my tiny .204. I realize this is perhaps strange, and there are interesting philosophical implications here. Leaving that aside, I also know I am not your target audience at the dinky ranges I work at (1-500 yds). But, with PRS shooters, they want to see bullet trace, from what I gather. You can see where I'm going.

How much more recoil will higher pressure cartridges cause? Will it force PRS shooters to make their rifles even heavier than they are? Do military snipers even care about recoil? I believe they tend to have a dedicated spotter often, but?

Sincerely,

carbonbased

@THEIS I have been following this project on and off. First off, I love the transparency and honesty in the design process! As someone who is neither an engineer (or any type of math guy), but has always been amazed at people that can make metal do what they want, this thread has rocked me back back on my heels many more times than once.

But I have some questions that I couldn't find answers to. I even used the search function limited to just this thread.

The first one may be taboo.

1. Funding: where on earth do you get your money to not take preorders, yet spend what seems to be millions? of dollars on the lead-up to your first sale? I know you're big on transparency, but maybe this is asking too much?

2. Background: you are obviously an extremely experienced, organized, and smart (not simply in IQ) fellow. Where did you come from, both in country of birth and just general experience? I read you became a US citizen via the US Navy. Pretend I am from your favorite newspaper lolol.

3. Tradeoffs from high pressure rounds: now, I'm a dumbass. I shoot prairie dogs. I do not reload. I have kids and this is a hobby, not a lifestyle (maybe my wife would disagree?). In my retarded little area of shooting, I don't want recoil. I want to see PDs explode through the scope with my tiny .204. I realize this is perhaps strange, and there are interesting philosophical implications here. Leaving that aside, I also know I am not your target audience at the dinky ranges I work at (1-500 yds). But, with PRS shooters, they want to see bullet trace, from what I gather. You can see where I'm going.

How much more recoil will higher pressure cartridges cause? Will it force PRS shooters to make their rifles even heavier than they are? Do military snipers even care about recoil? I believe they tend to have a dedicated spotter often, but?

Sincerely,

carbonbased
Part of #2 question. In response to what company do you work for in a different thread.
Hi,

Umm that would be:

Directly own:
1. Hoplite Arms
2. Genesis Ballistics Solutions

Consulting basis Monthly:
1. EDGE (Formerly EDIC) corporation in UAE.
2. Transvaro in Turkey
3. RomArm in Romania
4. Trident Defense in Ukraine

Consulting basis per RFI/RFS:
Defense Trade Advisory Group
National Defense Industry Association
Defense Security Cooperation Agency

First Retirement:
DDTC

And yourself?

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: carbonbased
Hi,

The Apsis with its 27" MTU contour barrel actually balances about half in in front of "barricade" stop on the front side of the center section depending on how wide a surface it is being balanced on.

Due to the low centerline of the barreled action in the chassis and the fact the forend is 18" worth of 7075 instead of 16" or shorter..the rifle holds and feels well.

Edited to add..Pics from my current hotel room while waiting on rest of crew to arrive.
View attachment 7534543View attachment 7534544

Sincerely,
Theis
Looks like one of the Marriott properties. If the outlets for your laptop and chargers are on the wall under the desk, it's definitely a Marriott property....... :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Hi,

Brief (because on my phone lol) update from this past week's testing.

1 issue.. In 5 damn minutes an independent .mil guy managed to decock the bolt while cycling it open. He was not use to running a 3 lug action so as he was pulling bolt back he was ham fisting the bolt to get handle to "feel" like it was in his muscle memory location..so in doing so he found the knotched ramp to remove bolt from receiver, lol.

Solution.. Will be making the bolt release part a non spring loaded and ramped piece...will make knurled knob hard set screw with half turn threads to raise/lower the bolt stop.

2 issue...We had 1 model of a berger ammunition have failure to fire but another model from same manufacturer fired no problem.

Solution.. Will be measuring all the 230gr berger ammunition.

3 issue.. We found inconsistent ejection.

Solution.. Ordering custom spec'd plunger springs.

Sincerely,
Theis

Status
Not open for further replies.