Hoplite Arms

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 1, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    Hi,

That type of design was used by a couple different manufacturers back in 2010 era of the PSR testing.
    System slides/rides on those "recoil rails" and then you just push the platform back into battery (Fully forward) for the next shot.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Is there a better system available currently?

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
    Minuteman
  • Hi,

Machine, check fit, machine, check fit...

This is just 1 of the quality processes we have in place to make sure final assembly and QA signs off on the entire system before anything gets shipped out to customers.

62918.jpeg
    62920.jpeg
    62921.jpeg

Sincerely,
    Theis

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
    Minuteman
  • Looks good. I’m curious if that’s full speed?

Hi,

No it is not full speed, lol

This DMU speedMaster is capable of 20k rpm with 46.9HP.

Cutting that 7075 aluminum magwell insert was not even half speed but no point in pushing that tool since everything is on a legit production schedule as it is.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Reactions: lash and Luvman

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
    Minuteman
  • Hi,

Guys are just chipping away to have first production batch of 10 Aspis receivers and chassis done by May 17th.

Going to be nice once coated, assembled and listed for sale.

Please send me a PM if interested in ordering so that we get correct barrel spec'd for your build.

As previously mentioned the first few batches lead times will be dependent of customers barrel specifications. After the first few production batches we will have a better understanding of what barrels to have sitting on shelves waiting for our actions and chassis to marry them for ready right now, out the door business model.

63215.jpeg
    63216.jpeg

Sincerely,
    Theis

2aBaCa

Humans are amusing
    Minuteman
    Jan 27, 2019
    ID
    I would ask how much but I feel like this is one Of those things where if you have to ask you can't afford it

2aBaCa

Humans are amusing
    Minuteman
    Jan 27, 2019
    ID
    Sell the excess rifles & pistols you have in your safe & get one amazing super rifle.
    I've done that before and came out with a lot more than I thought I had.
    There's no such thing as excess rifles and pistols you can never have too many.

Reactions: Bandit320

TacticalDillhole

Shiner of shoes
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    What one? I'm thinking about Monero. From the time I first thought of it until it went from $250. to 356.

I'm exceedingly wary of any Crypto from getting royally hosed by the lying, scamming FUCKS with Substratum or Sub. 10K. Gone. Poof.... like a fart in a windstorm. Imagine the rifle that would have gotten me. Making it worse that is was money from a small inheritance of a dear friend.
    Do you honestly think that the rothschilds are going to allow crypto to be successful ?

brianf

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 8, 2010
    NY
    Sell the excess rifles & pistols you have in your safe & get one amazing super rifle.
    I've done that before and came out with a lot more than I thought I had.
    I was never a seller... once I bought my first true quality rifle the rest just sat and got dusty.
    I have since paired down my safe and I am much happier with higher quality rifles

long story short... sell the rifle you keep “for your friends”..it starts there.

lash

Swamp Rat
    Minuteman
    Sep 28, 2012
    Central Florida
    I was never a seller... once I bought my first true quality rifle the rest just sat and got dusty.
    I have since paired down my safe and I am much happier with higher quality rifles

long story short... sell the rifle you keep “for your friends”..it starts there.
    I really need to take this advice.

brianf

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 8, 2010
    NY
    Also start dumping calibers.

I’m ordering a hoplite in 300 norma

when that shows up my 300 win mag (2) are going bye bye and I’ll sell the ammo too

you don’t need 5 rifles in 4 calibers, if 3 of them are basically twins

brianf

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 8, 2010
    NY
    I really need to take this advice.
    Much harder then I thought...now its easy

i have a few from childhood that were in the family etc

a few top of the food chain rifles

anything in the middle is just buying time

Reactions: ma smith

2aBaCa

Humans are amusing
    Minuteman
    Jan 27, 2019
    ID
    What one? I'm thinking about Monero. From the time I first thought of it (2 weeks ago) until now it went from $250. to 356.

I'm exceedingly wary of any Crypto from getting royally hosed by the lying, scamming F's with Substratum or Sub. 10K. Gone. Poof.... like a fart in a windstorm. Imagine the rifle that would have gotten me. Making it worse that is was money from a small inheritance of a dear friend.
    Probably for another thread but last week bough 5k in Doge, that went up to 30k and fell back down to 20k. Just bought some Safemoon and BitTorrent. If you put $100 in those 30 days ago you would have something like 60k today.

TacticalDillhole

Shiner of shoes
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Also start dumping calibers.

I’m ordering a hoplite in 300 norma

when that shows up my 300 win mag (2) are going bye bye and I’ll sell the ammo too

you don’t need 5 rifles in 4 calibers, if 3 of them are basically twins
    Communist. Most unamerican thing I’ve ever read in the hide!!!!

brianf

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 8, 2010
    NY
    Do you have any idea how many this means could hit the market? LOL. I have this little issue called OCD-rifle-ammo-hoarding
    It’s like when you see a pic with 15-20 AR’s, most of them “home built”

tell them sell all that crap keep a shorty, the “sniper” and buy a knights

Reactions: gayguns

brianf

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 8, 2010
    NY
    Really the only reason I still have them all is I figured when the shit hits I could barter with them. But worse case scenario always seems to be only in my head... and I'm kind of sick of tripping over them all.. LOL
    If we’re down to bartering with rifles...not long until one of your customers who buys a rifle comes back with a “hard bargain”.

Might not be the best plan...lol

• Haha
    Reactions: gayguns

GrumpyOleFart

Sardaukar are sissies
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Sep 18, 2020
    Perth, Western Australia
    Hi,

His virtual exhibition of range and "booth" talks as he did with AI; is what we see as the future of firearms marketing and we most definitely intend to take part in such.

Sincerely,
    Theis
    I certainly want to see more of that from the industry.
    Glossy brochures don't compare with seeing a rifle getting a practical workout.
    Being a "hands on" learner, I get more from watching a demo, than looking at an advert.
    Hopefully we'll see a few here in Australia.👍

brianf

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 8, 2010
    NY
    Selling...I might start it off.
    Don’t need the sale to fund my hoplitebut I’m not using it.

I have a DTA gen 2 covert or what ever the name is lol

Short 308

Thought it was going to be “fun” but not worth it. Prob sitting in safe for a year, easy.

“give me your tired, “poors”, shot out, scratched up, dusty, not accurate bolt guns...” lol

who’s with me!!!

• Haha
    Reactions: gayguns and THEIS

waveslayer

Minuteman
  • Mar 6, 2012
    CA
    Selling...I might start it off.
    Don’t need the sale to fund my hoplitebut I’m not using it.

I have a DTA gen 2 covert or what ever the name is lol

Short 308

Thought it was going to be “fun” but not worth it. Prob sitting in safe for a year, easy.

“give me your tired, “poors”, shot out, scratched up, dusty, not accurate bolt guns...” lol

who’s with me!!!

Sell me your chassis por favor. That's all I use until my new Hoplite comes

brianf

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 8, 2010
    NY
    Not sure if you guys have shot one, but other than being short there is A LOT to be desired for that price

I’m not talking PRS/competition either

Reactions: goatsie

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Oct 1, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    I should probably start selling at least one of my AIs and some other stuff as I have a funny feeling this is going to be a long and expensive journey for me, with many Greek names shoving other things out of my safe over the next couple years.

You know first you get the remover of Long Range problems and it's really cool.
    Then next thing you know the remover of ELR problems is available and well, you can't not have it...
    Then probably somewhere along the way there will be this cute handy little remover of close up problems and well...
    Then comes super pressure ammo for all the above with new barrels sporting Greek names...

Before you know it, your whole safe has been taken over by Greek names...

brianf

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 8, 2010
    NY
    I should probably start selling at least one of my AIs and some other stuff as I have a funny feeling this is going to be a long and expensive journey for me, with many Greek names shoving other things out of my safe over the next couple years.

You know first you get the remover of Long Range problems and it's really cool.
    Then next thing you know the remover of ELR problems is available and well, you can't not have it...
    Then probably somewhere along the way there will be this cute handy little remover of close up problems and well...
    Then comes super pressure ammo for all the above with new barrels sporting Greek names...

Before you know it, your whole safe has been taken over by Greek names...
    Keep 2 AI

One long and one short action

and maybe the AXMC, because it was the flagship

You don’t need 2 short action AI since the action has been the same forever by now

yeah little Greek invasion coming soon lol

Reactions: W54/XM-388

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Oct 1, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    Keep 2 AI

One long and one short action

and maybe the AXMC, because it was the flagship

You don’t need 2 short action AI since the action has been the same forever by now

yeah little Greek invasion coming soon lol

My thinking is to keep the original AW 2.0 in .308 (since that's like the gun I can bet my life and the lives of others on for a cold bore shot), as well as the AXMC (since I have a bunch of barrels for it) and then sell off the AWSM 2.0 in .338LM next year to fund a PHALANX when those start being produced, so the ASPIS I'll get this year, will have a big brother to hang out with.

Reactions: gnochi and brianf