• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
although im lazy and not much spare time on my hands

so ill prob have someone do some load development and have them send me ammo

a few extra bucks wont kill me if i can get to the range instead of sitting in the basement

This is where a pic of Buffalo Bill is inserted and he says "It loads the ammo or it gets the hose again."

This is where a pic of Buffalo Bill is inserted and he says "It loads the ammo or it gets the hose again."
8401DA29-B7E1-438F-A43D-016D5F2CA8FE.jpeg

Hi,

So we interrupt your normally scheduled program with some late breaking news.

In light of Sleepy Joe making statement on "Military Grade" equipment.....

It has taken me a few days of negotiations to get the exclusive rights to offer the limited edition (Only 100 available) Hoplite Arms "3 Stripe" Mi-24.

No they have not been stripped down and neutered aka all mounts and pods attachments removed.

Hoplite Mi-24.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

It has taken me a few days of negotiations to get the exclusive rights to offer the limited edition (Only 100 available) Hoplite Arms "3 Stripe" Mi-24.

No they have not been stripped down and neutered aka all mounts and pods attachments removed.

View attachment 7654873

Sincerely,
Theis
Thats what I call, travailing in style!

Reactions: lash
Hi,

So you must have access to my email server account because part of your comments are pretty close inline with a behind the scenes project.

That project is turning the Kopis weapon system into the Kopis Conversion System to drop into the Aspis Weapon system.

This conversion would consist of the following:
1. Correct bolt. By that I mean not only boltface size but the actual bolt thrown length. We can shorten the bolt guide/stop groove in the bolt body to keep guys from having to run a LM length bolt all the way back.
2. Magazine conversion for the standard magnums but a new magazine design for the short action cartridges.
3. Barrel with locking collar....we are working the details of the locking collar in regards to how we can index off the breech cylinder face.

Hoplite Arms means no compromise for the customer. It is our job to provide top notch products with private concierge level service.

If you want to shoot your new Aspis from the skids of a MH-6 Little Bird flown by former members of 160 SOAR and you have the money.....We will arrange it; all the way down to videographer.

If you want to shoot a Bison but you have no time for the logistics and coordination of such venture...We will arrange it; all the way down to taxidermist.

Sincerely,
Theis
So when defining concierge legal.. at what point does a hottie in elegant lingerie fall into the mix? Asking for myself... fuck the friends.

Hi,

View attachment 7654873

Sincerely,
Theis
But if you removed the mounts and pods couldn't it be sold as an 80% then attached later.

Last edited:
Hi,

OK so curious, lol....

How many SH members reading this thread are planning to attend and take part of the following:

1. Annual NRA Exhibition in Houston Texas this September 3-5.
2. Precision Rifle Expo in Blakely Georgia this October 30-31.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

OK so curious, lol....

How many SH members reading this thread are planning to attend and take part of the following:

Sincerely,
Theis
Maybe the Expo in Blakey. I have to firm up some things first. It’d be great to see your systems first hand if you decide it will be worth it.

Hi,

OK so curious, lol....

Sincerely,
Theis
NRA no. Gonna try for PRE.

Can't make NRA as I have other plans that weekend. But, will try to attend PRE.

Hi,

O that????
We are having twenty 300NM cases printed of 15-5PH here very soon, lolol....
They should have a yield strength of about 129KSI so primer pockets should not be an issue from just running them at 80-85k :)

Sincerely,
Theis

Those would be fun to try and wear them out.

Take 3-5 of them, load, shoot, reload, shoot, etc.

I wonder if the cartridge or the shooter would wear out first...

A day at JTAC, a pile of powder, primers and projectiles.

Reactions: 1J04 and lash
Hi,

O that????
We are having twenty 300NM cases printed of 15-5PH here very soon, lolol....
They should have a yield strength of about 129KSI so primer pockets should not be an issue from just running them at 80-85k :)

Sincerely,
Theis
this be just the case head out of 15-5 I’m assuming?

im going to go through barrels like underwear,

you guys better have a supplier ready

if i can get a switch cal, im going to need another safe by itself just for different barrels

Would the primer itself be the weak link?

Hi,

Haven't been able to reuse a primer yet, so might as well make sure it is flattened properly, lol.

Sincerely,
Theis

this be just the case head out of 15-5 I’m assuming?

Hi,

Nope, the entire 300NM case.

Sincerely,
Theis

im going to go through barrels like underwear,

you guys better have a supplier ready

if i can get a switch cal, im going to need another safe by itself just for different barrels

Hi,

Hmmm; the gooseneck barrel collar, LM length magazine for short action and standard magnum cartridges and 15-5PH cases for the 6.5 CreedWAYWAYWAYMoor is what you seek.....

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Nope, the entire 300NM case.

Sincerely,
Theis
That’s interesting. Curious to see how 15-5 responds to be fired. Case growth, how hard sizing is, does it need to be annealed every shot after being worked, etc.

That’s interesting. Curious to see how 15-5 responds to be fired. Case growth, how hard sizing is, does it need to be annealed every shot after being worked, etc.

Hi,

Yea but honestly I am not really concerned with how "hard" something is to size, resize, anneal, reload, etc.

We are only concerned about ballistic improvements.

IF we seek improvements but confine ourselves with requirements of "it has to be achieved via same methods we are use to" there just isn't any way to achieve improvements.

Sincerely,
Theis

That looks really nice, I love the little Hoplite Logo on the magazine.
I'll probably start with buying at least 5 magazines and go from there for more.

Reactions: 1J04
So earlier in the thread you were demanding to be able to shoot solids from mag length in that 300nm.

why not just make bigger mags? This isn’t a plug and play LEGO system like everything else, why not use proprietary mags?

So earlier in the thread you were demanding to be able to shoot solids from mag length in that 300nm.

why not just make bigger mags? This isn’t a plug and play LEGO system like everything else, why not use proprietary mags?

Hi,

I haven't changed that for the mag length monos, lolol
Just made it doable with short action cartridges via the above magazine design.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

I haven't changed that for the mag length monos, lolol
Just made it doable with short action cartridges via the above magazine design.

Sincerely,
Theis
So when you get into the bigger rounds such as 300nm and 338lm just seeing if there was any thought process to not just making a longer mag for them?

MDT makes a 4.05in external 5-rd magazine that is directionally interesting…

Hi,

Who is going to make sure I eat because I forget that task sometimes.....well more importantly who is going to bring me my coffee??

Sincerely,
Theis
I would gladly be the coffee lackey...
But I'm stuck on 3 different jobs...
I will bring you coffee when I get the invite to the park!!!!

Hi,

CIP Length Lapua Magnum magazine exterior with 3.1" COAL interior and feed lip geometry for short action cartridges.
Spacer and follower design in works, lolol

Then standard magnum interior and feed lip geometry with same exterior magazine dimensions.....

View attachment 7659414

Sincerely,
Theis
Looks good,

Surprised that it hasn't been done before as I think its a great idea (y)

design is already patent pending im guessing

Hi,

Along with the spacer and follower design.

Sincerely,
Theis

MDT makes a 4.05in external 5-rd magazine that is directionally interesting…

Hi,

Yes it is but with modern (proper) monolithics we do not need to keep going longer and longer bullet wise since we are not just looking at improving a singular ballistic component (BC by having larger projectile).

With taking all the components and improving on the totality of the "system" we can make complete ballistic capabilities improvements via pressure case designs, rifle designs, barrel manufacturing technology, alloys, etc

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Hi,

Still participating in the marathon, lololol... one step at a time while begging and crossing all fingers for coating update today!!!

30 Leonidas-----Will not chamber in normal 300NM chambers just in case some idiot ever tries to shoot one in his Savage.
Pay no attention to the projectile, lol....it is just a space filler.

As soon as we prove out the 15-5PH printed cases in normal 300NM then we will get these made for testing.
30 Leonidas.jpg

3.850" CIP magazine converted for short action cartridges.
Hoplite Mag Mods 4.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Still participating in the marathon, lololol... one step at a time while begging and crossing all fingers for coating update today!!!

30 Leonidas-----Will not chamber in normal 300NM chambers just in case some idiot ever tries to shoot one in his Savage.
Pay no attention to the projectile, lol....it is just a space filler.

As soon as we prove out the 15-5PH printed cases in normal 300NM then we will get these made for testing.
View attachment 7661883

3.850" CIP magazine converted for short action cartridges.
View attachment 7661884

Sincerely,
Theis
Looks a lot like
90FBA15A-FBD6-45C9-B46C-E502099ED1F3.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.