• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol
That’s the report I got as well but they are a cool part of history.

Hi,

Yes they are. I tried all the way down to a 6 twist and could not get them stabilized. Then to find out they "really" were meant to be used in a tapered/tightening or whatever the hell the technical term was used for the barrel interior shrinking from breech to muzzle.

Those along with the 1690gr 50cals from the GS Customs are piled in a history box somewhere with all the paper data from Yuma used to write the old Cheytac ABC program, lol.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: b6graham
Hi,

It has finally arrived for testing.

300NM with 230gr bergers on left.
375 Swiss P with 350gr ruag ball on right.

20210706_130021.jpg
20210706_125803.jpg
20210706_125737.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Excellent to see!

I'm guessing fire a few of the .375 rounds and then start working on trying to load monolithics in the cases?

Now for the stuff from PT&G……

Hi,

I am working that solution right now.

Possible "Division" of Hoplite Arms coming up...

Sincerely,
Theis

Excellent to see!

I'm guessing fire a few of the .375 rounds and then start working on trying to load monolithics in the cases?

Hi,

Ahh, that would be the first step but the exciting part is the 3 steps past that, lolol

Sincerely,
Theis

That looks to clean too be the Ruag office...

Hi,

That is because that would be the "ME'ag" office.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

I am working that solution right now.

Possible "Division" of Hoplite Arms coming up...

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Ahh, that would be the first step but the exciting part is the 3 steps past that, lolol

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

That is because that would be the "ME'ag" office.

Sincerely,
Theis
My friends who you’ve already spoken to also tool and cutter grind their own certified aerospace endmills. Maybe they can cut you some reamers?

Hi,

So after the RCC "struggles" lol, we finally rounded up some Peterson brass for the 300NM for testing.

Sincerely,
Theis

Is Peterson brass made differently and like any better than say Lapua brass?

Is Peterson brass made differently and like any better than say Lapua brass?

Hi,

Peterson brass is actually fairly common knowledge that they handle pressures better; specifically at what point the primer pockets begin to loosen.

We are hoping that the Peterson brass is the middle step between normal cartridge pressure systems and our high pressure cartridge systems.

I think it is always nice to be able to provide progressive options that have been validated and tested to our customer base.

Not everyone is going to want to jump off the deep end and go all out high pressures while "learning" the weapon system while at the same time not everyone is going to want to stay in the right hand lane and just cruise with factory ammunition either, :)

Sincerely,
Theis

So in other words, they are just getting around to starting the coating today?

So in other words, they are just getting around to starting the coating today?

Hi,

To be honest..no; they have been at it all weekend!!!

Your grey is one that is in oven right now. The colors take 2 different applications as to where the black takes one.

On top of that I requested a few "custom" ideas so we could check thickness allowances on a few parts in the future.

Sincerely,
Theis

With regards to the Leonidas series of cartridges, is it safe to assume they are all using the same parent case? What kinda of velocities are you trying to achieve with say the 338 Leonids with a 285 badlands solid? It’s been great watching this project grow!

That baby shit mustard color that Tac-Ops used for a short period of time was awesome.

I dont think the color is available anymore, I think it was an agency one off.

Those parts and color options look great.

Reactions: E. Bryant
Hi,

ALMOST 2 YEARS TO THE DAY from first announcement of Hoplite Arms here in SH to our first production batch.

We have made lots of changes, improvements, start-overs, mistakes, tears, blood, sweat, refinement of not only processes but refinement of business model, etc etc etc.

I personally want to Thank all of you that have followed, participated, assisted and out right just put up with our venture.

For the Texas Guys, Here is the Keep Austin Weird edition, lol...All sorts of colors, none of which go together, lol...I was just checking fit and feel of everything.
Blend.jpg

Here is better matched color combo...and no I do not have a black scope...it is still on the original test gun being abused.
20210714_100119.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

ALMOST 2 YEARS TO THE DAY from first announcement of Hoplite Arms here in SH to our first production batch.

We have made lots of changes, improvements, start-overs, mistakes, tears, blood, sweat, refinement of not only processes but refinement of business model, etc etc etc.

I personally want to Thank all of you that have followed, participated, assisted and out right just put up with our venture.

For the Texas Guys, Here is the Keep Austin Weird edition, lol...All sorts of colors, none of which go together, lol...I was just checking fit and feel of everything.
View attachment 7667866

Here is better matched color combo...and no I do not have a black scope...it is still on the original test gun being abused.
View attachment 7667869

Sincerely,
Theis

Congrats.

Im sure your "children" will be succesful.

Reactions: lash
black cheek piece is pretty slick on the red...looks like your copying AI though lol

yellow mustard looks pretty good too

So Iffin I wasn’t an uber poor, and wanted one, I couldn’t get it in red?

Have to contact the concierge. They said now.

For all the testing you guys did…why are you using Christmas light fuses. View attachment 7668061

Hi,

Because Mardi Gras lights consume too much alcohol.

I think I will get a black scope and mix/match different black chassis components with the copper.
20210714_100332.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

We have to do 4 stripes so I do not get called to court....

Sincerely,
Theis

What if you buy real tracksuits, and cut them up into strips of the 3 stripes and then wrap the rifle with them kind of like British sniper style?

Then of course the guy showing it off has to be wearing a tracksuit.

What if you buy real tracksuits, and cut them up into strips of the 3 stripes and then wrap the rifle with them kind of like British sniper style?

Then of course the guy showing it off has to be wearing a tracksuit.

Hi,

A 4 stripe rifle ghillie, lol

I am going to have to discard all my 3 stripe clothing and go exclusively to my own 4 stripe (4 Ps) clothing lines.....

Stripe 1: Pursuit
Stripe 2: Perfection
Stripe 3: Power
Stripe 4: Performance

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

View attachment 7667866

View attachment 7667869

Sincerely,
Theis
Congratulations on the first production batch,
Its a great accomplishment for your whole team.

Looking forward to the range reports & seeing who goes hunting with one.

Thanks for sharing with us & I'll keep saving.
Keep up the good work

Cheers
Drew

Reactions: molonlave
Theis, as I have no doubt your thoroughly researched all of this, what kind of degradation (if any) in protection is there when the Birdsong colors stray from their non-pigmented offerings? Any coefficient of friction differences that maLe any difference at all on the bolt/receiver when colored? They look great. Congrats on it all coming to fruition.

From what I know of birdsong is the color is just for “looks”

you could wear all the color off and the slickness/protection is still there bonded to the material.

Hi,

They have a red color they do for electrical powerline company that has probably been in continual environmental conditions more than any firearm will ever be and have not seen any degradation; granted those powerline brackets do not get much metal to metal friction.

Figured with TacOps having their own green color there shouldn't be any issues from the colors.

All their colors are twice as thick as the black since the colors require 2 coatings.

ETA: Birdsong can do patterns to keep you from spray painting.....
I think I will do a black and copper tiger stripe.

Sincerely,
Theis

Although maybe that Rhodesian fn fal “Congo-fkage” might be in the running

I see mine hiding back there on the counter. It has been great seeing this rifle throughout its process of development and production. I do like the sound of that tiger stripe copper and black. Maybe next time...

Status
Not open for further replies.