• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we’ll make a public statement soon now.

We were waiting for some legal things (civil and criminal) to work themselves out.

Brian is sleep. And regardless of being partners, I believe statement should come from him or he should be awake and involved since my partnership came to be after much of this.

Short story: there are some truths. There are also some reasons those truths were being delayed being discussed publicly.

But, we’ll address them. Also, short version, no money is being held by Hoplite which belongs to anyone who doesn’t have some ownership stake.

I apologize for not a ton of info. But midnight on a Saturday isn’t exactly press release time.

Thanks,

If anyone has an actual reason to known this late, send me a pm with your number and I’ll call you right now.

But not just someone looking for a crazy story over a beer. That can happen tomorrow or the next day when we make a statement.

Thanks
I can attest to the money piece. And for those wondering why we (the people who were refunded) didn’t say anything. Simply put it wasn't our place to do so. But when the scam thing came up I had to chime in.

I can attest to the money piece. And for those wondering why we (the people who were refunded) didn’t say anything. Simply put it wasn't our place to do so. But when the scam thing came up I had to chime in.
100% agree. Personally not fair for some randoms spreading rumors and opinion with zero facts, not going to stand for the BS. The guys involved were treated with upmost respect and above my expectation . So for those making comments that have zero knowledge, read some previous posts, are frankly... feel free to fill in the blanks.

Rifles are real, one bad actor, time will tell on what happens after all legal actions are taken.

I guess we’ll make a public statement soon now.

We were waiting for some legal things (civil and criminal) to work themselves out.

Brian is sleep. And regardless of being partners, I believe statement should come from him or he should be awake and involved since my partnership came to be after much of this.

Short story: there are some truths. There are also some reasons those truths were being delayed being discussed publicly.

But, we’ll address them. Also, short version, no money is being held by Hoplite which belongs to anyone who doesn’t have some ownership stake.

I apologize for not a ton of info. But midnight on a Saturday isn’t exactly press release time.

Thanks,

If anyone has an actual reason to known this late, send me a pm with your number and I’ll call you right now.

But not just someone looking for a crazy story over a beer. That can happen tomorrow or the next day when we make a statement.

Thanks

Appreciate it! I figured theis scammed everyone and you guys weren’t involved

I mean, I get it.

When someone is a scammer, people need to know so others aren’t scammed. And this wasn’t this particular individual’s first time scamming.

So I truly do get it.

However, sometimes timing isn’t what everyone wants. Hell, I’ve been wanting to talk about it publicly since day one. But, legal things and such take time. As well as trying to tactfully save the Hoplite name since a lot of money was invested.

Again, I get it. But will ask that people take a moment to realize that a single individual was scammed out of hundreds of thousands of dollars…….

And instead of closing shop, crying woe is me, and then telling those who had money on line “sorry guys, he ran off with the money”…….he refunded to the tune of $50k out of his own pocket to make sure no one except he was scammed.

That’s actually how you stand up and take care of the industry.

Now, also keep in mind, people are now publicly forcing that same individual’s hand on when and when not to discuss his/our business publicly.

So, please keep some perspective as this pitchfork mob (just how it’s going to be now that it’s public) is moving through social media.

Thanks

How do you begin to trust people who handed everything about their new business venture over to some shady character, let him be the point man for months and months, representing them, and not know, care, or DO anything about it?
I'm not talking about scams.
I'm just talking about basic business acumen.

If they can't keep tabs on the one employee who was being their presence on the premier shooting sites, then what confidence does that instill going forward?

Sure. Delete this comment too, if it makes you feel better.
Best of luck to all involved.

How do you begin to trust people who handed everything about their new business venture over to some shady character, let him be the point man for months and months, representing them, and not know, care, or DO anything about it?

If they can't keep tabs on the one employee who was being their presence on the premier shooting sites, then what confidence does that instill going forward?

He was very smart about it until
He got greedy.

That is completely your right to have that opinion.

And it’s a question we ask ourselves daily.

I will say, you’re oversimplifying what happened. But your point is valid.

Also,

@1J04

Please Pm me your number so I can make sure there isn’t someone else out there that hasn’t been made whole

Thanks

Theis was interviewed on a podcast and met lowlight at PRE, how did it turn out nobody knew he wasnt legit, down to having a fake accent,etc?

It was not long after PRE that things came to light, just nothing was being said. He tried to get me involved with sourcing Ammunition components from Australia but I had a bad feeling....

It was not long after PRE that things came to light, just nothing was being said. He tried to get me involved with sourcing Ammunition components from Australia but I had a bad feeling....

Please PM me.

This is the first we have heard of this.

Reactions: TheHorta
Whoever was involved in refunding every single customer dollar, it really is incredible that y’all were able to do that. In today’s society it probably would have been much easier to say “sorry about your luck” and close up shop. From what you have said sounds like he has made off with more than any of us imagined. My question is, was anything he said real? DoD contractor, did X,Y, and Z etc?

Whoever was involved in refunding every single customer dollar, it really is incredible that y’all were able to do that. In today’s society it probably would have been much easier to say “sorry about your luck” and close up shop. From what you have said sounds like he has made off with more than any of us imagined. My question is, was anything he said real? DoD contractor, did X,Y, and Z etc?
No

Mostly no.

Theis was interviewed on a podcast and met lowlight at PRE, how did it turn out nobody knew he wasnt legit, down to having a fake accent,etc?
Got a link to the podcast?

Edit, should have kept scrolling disregard.

Franks probably hiding in some bushes ghillied up in La right now. Lol

Reactions: ohiofarmer
“Theis Protov's mind doesn't work like yours or mine.”

Very true, I don’t scam people.

I’m up all night guys.

If you feel like you have a legit financial claim. As in “Theis” made some formal or informal agreement with you and you feel you are owed either an explanation or monies or both…….

PM me and we will talk tonight if you like or at the next convenient time.

The thread that got nuked had some implications and I’m noticing some overtones here.

So, don’t be bashful. We are finding out things everyday that we had no idea “Theis” had done. So I can almost promise we have no idea about your individual situation.

I’ve made this statement a few times. Zero PM’s.

So, if we are just fueling a social media fire, that’s fine and that’s life.

But if you have an actual claim or bone, let’s go!!

Hindsight’s 2020 obviously, but with all his claims and people knowing his supposed name how did no one ever look into it? He made some pretty big claims. He supposedly grew up in Eastern Europe and had zero hint of an accent, known a bunch of folks from there and those are hard accetto get rid of completely.

Sucks y’all got screwed too.

Hindsight’s 2020 obviously, but with all his claims he and people knowing his supposed name how did no one ever look into it? He made some pretty big claims.

Sucks y’all got screwed too.

Mainly because it was just he and his partner.

Those of us who were skeptical weren’t involved with the company, so why go stalker on something that isn’t mine?

I am involved now, but that developed around PRE as far as taking a role not just T&E contract work. That’s when some real digging began.

Trust me, Brian is well aware he gave the keys to the castle when he shouldn’t have.

Mainly because it was just he and his partner.

Those of us who were skeptical weren’t involved with the company, so why go stalker on something that isn’t mine?

I am involved now, but that developed around PRE as far as taking a role not just T&E contract work. That’s when some real digging began.

Trust me, Brian is well aware he gave the keys to the castle when he shouldn’t have.
Im not aware of all the timeline honestly I’m just a bystander, and I’m not trying to be a dick in any way. Just seems like a shitty situation all around for everyone involved.

Hope it all works out man

Not to be a smart ass……that’s what professional scammers do.
Eight thousand odd posts in over five years.
Most posts in actual shooting parts of the forum with nothing standing out as false or wrong and a lot of really technical posts in places like ELR.
Pretty impressive really but I guess that's where the professional scammer part comes in.

Im not aware of all the timeline honestly I’m just a bystander, and I’m not trying to be a dick in any way. Just seems like a shitty situation all around for everyone involved.

Hope it all works out man

No worries man. I get it.

Was there shortsightedness on the other partner? Absolutely. But pro scammers gonna scam.

Unfortunately we have now be forced to deal with this in a way not of our choosing. But, we’ll deal with it.

There’s lots of legal things going on under the hood. You can’t just wave a wand and say “bippity boppity this is no longer your company cause you’re a scammer.”

It has to be done through courts.

Last edited:
Most posts in actual shooting parts of the forum with nothing standing out as false or wrong and a lot of really technical posts in places like ELR.
Pretty impressive really but I guess that's where the professional scammer part comes in.

Ya, it’s nuts.

Once you know his real name and can research further, it’s so nutty that it’s a 20 year story of scamming the firearms industry.

It’s serious Lifetime movie shit.

Who better to scam the industry then someone who’s knowledgeable on the subject?

The irony in his identity being hidden, given his gift for getting info on trolls
This, he had just enough what seemed to be inside info/contacts to never really be questioned as inauthentic.

@Feniks Technologies im sorry y’all got scammed. We all got taken for a ride. The rifle y’all have come up with really does seem like a winner.

At some point I wonder if it ever occurred to him to just keep living his lie and make something of it instead trying to take the money and run. If he kept at it probably wouldn’t have done half bad.

Honestly, were we all so stupid to trust a fake international Ukrainian Arms Dealer? I mean this the shit that movies were made about.

That's what a Lexus Nexus account can get you.

Also this wasn't his first scam, by a long shot.

Everything was unicorns and promises of whatever, until you tried to get him on the phone and asked direct questions that you were then magically ghosted. Since he was the front man for everything, by his own design, when he went MIA, that was that. If anyone asked him what happened to that guy he was talking to about doing X Y and Z for us, he'd come up with some bullshit story as to how he determined it was a bad idea to go that route, he found something better, that guy is an idiot, etc.

Exact same way he dealt with some vendors who weren't really sure why all of a sudden he no longer wanted to do all of this shit with them that he had always talked about doing and then they'd never be able to get ahold of him ever again for no reason.

Last edited:

Also this wasn't his first scam, by a long shot.

Everything was unicorns and promises of whatever, until you tried to get him on the phone and asked direct questions that you were then magically ghosted. Since he was the front man for everything, by his own design, when he went MIA, that was that. If anyone asked him what happened to that guy he was talking to about doing X Y and Z for us, he'd come up with some bullshit story as to how he determined it was a bad idea to go that route, he found something better, that guy is an idiot, etc.
If you end up being a bullshit artist I’m out, you’re our last hope lol

No idea what that is.
This?
https://www.lexisnexis.com.au/en/homepage

Exact same way he dealt with some vendors who weren't really sure why all of a sudden he no longer wanted to do all of this shit with them that he had always talked about doing and then they'd never be able to get ahold of him ever again for no reason.
Well nothing ever seemed to get done for sure but it's not like anyone ever called him out for it in the five years he posted here.

If you end up being a bullshit artist I’m out, you’re our last hope lol
Hi,

@TheGerman and I have done some shooting, business-ish things, and drinking together. He is a very nice, family-friendly individual who enjoys apple-cinnamon moonshine from the jar, and high end charcuterie boards. Additionally, he's more than apt to tell you your child is ugly and to go be poor somewhere else to your face if you question his firearms/equipment taste.

Sincerely,

Clcustom1911

Status
Not open for further replies.