• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW a person can survive on Skinless/Boneless sardines for a long long time, lol...They are a little healthier than ramen.....

If somebody was to splurge just a little bit..... ramen topped with skinless/boneless sardines....

Still enough savings on the food bill to put towards the rifle funds

I think this sums it up...

hoplite meme.jpg

Did Hoplite get moved to the motivational thread when i wasnt looking.
WTF

by the way the pineapple looks ripe...another day it will be sweating sugar on your table

Did Hoplite get moved to the motivational thread when i wasnt looking.
WTF

by the way the pineapple looks ripe...another day it will be sweating sugar on your table
Lol!

that’s the fourth one picked this past week. A few more due to be harvested this coming week. That one will probably end up in pineapple jalapeño jam.

Reactions: brianf
Hi,

Here is another example of why we say we are making one of the strongest IF not the strongest bolt action receiver available...

This is FEA done with running Aermet 100 alloy for the bolt and breech cylinder with receiver body of 4140 HRC 45.
At 120k cartridge pressures we are at a safety factor of 4.26.
Notice at 130k cartridge pressures the analysis no longer follows a straight line decrease but then stabilizes back out at 180k cartridge pressures. When our engineering department first seen that it really intrigued us. So much that we ran it again, lol and got same results. We got same results from manually entering the Aermet 100 specs and auto entering from database.

Don't worry of "but that just software analysis"...we doing same test with real detonations, lol

Sincerely,
Theis

Capture4.PNG

Safety Margin.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Last edited:
I can confirm that AerMet 100 is one Bad Mama Jama of a material. It is commonly used for high-strength, high-toughness applications like airplane landing gear. And the Cobalt and Nickel added to it ain't cheap...

Hi,

Ok so you heard it here first, lol....DMID (Details Matter In Designing).

Turning and cutting a bushing that really does not get seen once the bolt is assembled but it plays an important role in the overall ruggedness and efficiency of the system.
Not only does it help to keep the firing pin centered and guided, it keeps the dovetailed bolt handle from being able to be removed from the bolt body.

1596050160970.png

Sincerely,
Theis

Have any updated info on the 416 Krypteia?

Have any updated info on the 416 Krypteia?

Hi,

Got your other message and you have a few different replies, lol.

Sincerely,
Theis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

OK, so I have to Thank @Jamie C @Geno C. and the rest of the Wisconsin crew for taking the time this weekend to enjoy the Wisconsin Barrel Maker Classic PRS Competition.
All their talks with and listening to discussions of the PRS competition crowd on the how/what/when/why they utilize their equipment has absolutely helped us in our forend revision AND our views of modular forends in which end user can swap out to better suit the shooting events for that day.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Hi,

So we are putting together a couple Full Package Systems and wanted to get comments and suggestions in regards to the following support equipment:

1. Rifle Scope Make/Model
2. NV clip on Make/Model
3. Tripod Make/Model
4. Bipod Make/Model
5. Infrared Laser Make/Model
6. Suppressor Certificate (So use can do process directly through mfg) Make/Model.

Here is what I have as my personal vote:
ZCO 5-27 with MPCT3
Flir AN/PVS-27 MUNS
Tactical Supports Vector
TBAC
Raptar ES (Possible change to Vector 21)
TBAC Dominus

So lets see what you all recommend....

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

So we are putting together a couple Full Package Systems and wanted to get comments and suggestions in regards to the following support equipment:

2. NV clip on Make/Model
3. Tripod Make/Model
4. Bipod Make/Model
6. Suppressor Certificate (So use can do process directly through mfg) Make/Model.

ZCO 5-27 with MPCT3
Flir AN/PVS-27 MUNS
Tactical Supports Vector
TBAC
TBAC Dominus

Sincerely,
Theis
looks good to me. can't wait for mine to show up.

A friend who is in the industry used the Raptor line and told me not to bother with them because they are prone to losing their zero due to their mounting being inadequate.

He apart of a company that builds rifles for SOCOM and R&Ds with them. Can’t call him out or the company since Wilcox is their industry partner.

Reactions: Baron23
1. ZCO or TT
2. Not my wheel house
3. RRS 33 SOAR... guys over ~6'3" might prefer the 34
4. Elite Iron
5. Vector IV... unless the Vector 21 nite laser feature is needed
6. TBAC 338 or similar with the potential to survive and quiet the ultra high pressure cartridges

1. ZCO and TT
2. UNS LR A2 or M2124-LR
3. RRS 24L w/ Anvil
4. TBAC w/ Arca
5. PLRF25c or Raptar (the Raptar worked great for me on a Spotter45. Will have the S variant on a rifle soonish).
6. TBAC Dominus or Ultra, both in SR variant

Hi,

ZCO 5-27 with MPCT3
Flir AN/PVS-27 MUNS
Tactical Supports Vector
TBAC
TBAC Dominus

Sincerely,
Theis

If you are setting up with new peripherals I would respectfully recommend considering the PVS-30 LW over the 27.

I love the 27 and they are very capable.
However.......The 30 will use one battery (interchangeable between AA and DL123 by flipping the cap) instead of two and run far longer on the one.
Smaller physical size which is an advantage both on the gun and off.
Lighter weight.
Threshold for allowable POI shift (0.5 MOA) is half of what the 22, 27 and original 30s are.
Still rated for 50cal.
Pretty much =/> optical performance to the 27.

We have been very impressed with the images under different conditions and light conditions.

If you are wanting a Tier 1 package this will make a difference even as good as the 27 is.

./

I am guessing that any suppressor you choose will need to be built to withstand the higher pressure cartridges that will be used in this platform. Standard cartridges TBAC all the way. Hoplite and TBAC may have to collaborate on a lil R&D to build something that can handle high pressures. Maybe an aeromet can lol!

• Haha
Reactions: LeftyJason
Hi,

@Terry Cross
Are you having best luck purchasing direct from KAC or is there another source you prefer to use?

Sincerely,
Theis
If you are purchasing as a business with intent to include their product as OEM part of an overall kit, I would try to contact them direct. They may ask for you to stay within certain parameters as far as final disposition/users and you would have a better chance of success going direct if you are purchasing multiple units per buy.

If you are looking to just purchase one or two, you may have more success going through a reseller/distributor.

Perhaps inquiring about Hoplite becoming a reseller for them may be your best avenue if looking at the long term.

./

Hi,

2. NV clip on Make/Model
3. Tripod Make/Model
4. Bipod Make/Model

ZCO 5-27 with MPCT3
Flir AN/PVS-27 MUNS
Tactical Supports Vector
TBAC
TBAC Dominus

Sincerely,
Theis
here are my thoughts:

Scope.......im probably an anomaly here, i dont like ZComp reticles. Now i will admit i have maybe 10 rounds using a ZComp so my opinion is early and based on very limited experience, but the rest of it is awesome. I like NF, Kahles, S&B. I stick to SKMR, MSR and Mil-c type reticles so thats why i choose those brands

NV...... Agree with @Terry Cross, the 27 is great the 30 more better.

Tripod.....Hmmmmm. RRS for sure. i still want that Israeli one we looked into.

Bipod.......Elite Iron and TBAC. I guess application and caliber would dictate which one.

IR laser.....i guess the Raptar, but im hoping there is better stuff out there. for a MIL/LE application there are definitely options in the full power range.

Silencer........TBAC Ultra 7 or 9 depending on caliber. But a TBAC cert and let the end user decide is probably best

What are you buying?

Hi,

Need some PVS 30s to go on top of this new NV Bridge.
6 inch NV Bridge sitting on 18 inch forend.

NVonForend.PNG

Sincerely,
Theis

"Never make business decisions based on advice from internet forums."
Abraham Lincoln.

./

Hi,

Perfect Advice!!!! Thanks to old Lincoln log himself.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Refurbished KAC PVS 30 and RAPTAR ES acquired for testing :) .

Sincerely,
Theis

When testing the Refurbed KAC 30, remember that it is likely a 26 that has been refurbed. If your main housing takes 2 x AA batteries, it is an older PVS 26. If it takes a single battery with reversible, screw on cap it would be the newer 30 housing. Fair amount of performance difference between the two.

If you are considering purchasing and packaging the refurbs with your rifles, then you will be getting relatively valid evaluations. If you are considering purchasing new 30 or 30LW units, the refurb you have in hand will give lower performance.

Our experience with the RAPTAR is that the IR Illum is terrible.
Also had less than stellar performance from the LRF under different conditions considering the purchase price. Sig 3000 LRFBs would regularly kick its ass on ranging accurately in many poor conditions and certainly at longer ranges.

Consider supplying something like the NF RAP on top of your front ring to mount the RAPTAR.
Reason is that when mounted on the forend of most stocks, there will be a perceptible "flex" in the system when you push against objects, load a bipod hard or even pull from the side with a sling. Even the stiffest chassis forends will flex a small amount and that small amount is enough to cause your Laser to push away from the scope POA that it is slaved to.

I hate the big thing mounted at 12 o'clock over the scope but it is solid as a rock there and easy to read/manipulate without the pressure pad switch if you need to.

Just trying to share random observations and opinions.
Hope your products and packages sell out every month.

./

When testing the Refurbed KAC 30, remember that it is likely a 26 that has been refurbed. If your main housing takes 2 x AA batteries, it is an older PVS 26. If it takes a single battery with reversible, screw on cap it would be the newer 30 housing. Fair amount of performance difference between the two.

If you are considering purchasing and packaging the refurbs with your rifles, then you will be getting relatively valid evaluations. If you are considering purchasing new 30 or 30LW units, the refurb you have in hand will give lower performance.

Our experience with the RAPTAR is that the IR Illum is terrible.
Also had less than stellar performance from the LRF under different conditions considering the purchase price. Sig 3000 LRFBs would regularly kick its ass on ranging accurately in many poor conditions and certainly at longer ranges.

Consider supplying something like the NF RAP on top of your front ring to mount the RAPTAR.
Reason is that when mounted on the forend of most stocks, there will be a perceptible "flex" in the system when you push against objects, load a bipod hard or even pull from the side with a sling. Even the stiffest chassis forends will flex a small amount and that small amount is enough to cause your Laser to push away from the scope POA that it is slaved to.

I hate the big thing mounted at 12 o'clock over the scope but it is solid as a rock there and easy to read/manipulate without the pressure pad switch if you need to.

Just trying to share random observations and opinions.
Hope your products and packages sell out every month.

./
There are just not many choices in weapon mounted LRF’s which is tragic.

Reactions: Terry Cross
There are just not many choices in weapon mounted LRF’s which is tragic.
Agreed and it is a bullshit simple thing to do (not by my dumb white ass but somebody in the business) . Invest in a design that can be zeroed on 2 axis, do away totally with the viewable optics part of the package and throw in a cheap ass digital display. Whole package would be small and conceivably in the same price realm as the hand held units.

If SIG would get off of their hands and put the emitter and receiver of the Sig 3000 into such a housing, they would have a profitable product that they could not make enough of.

./

Agreed and it is a bullshit simple thing to do (not by my dumb white ass but somebody in the business) . Invest in a design that can be zeroed on 2 axis, do away totally with the viewable optics part of the package and throw in a cheap ass digital display. Whole package would be small and conceivably in the same price realm as the hand held units.

If SIG would get off of their hands and put the emitter and receiver of the Sig 3000 into such a housing, they would have a profitable product that they could not make enough of.

./
Especially with tech like the REVIC where you literally find it range it and dial it.

Hi,

@Terry Cross
Your random observations and opinions are ALWAYS fancied around here!! One of these crazy days I will make it up/over your way to have a day visit.

Edited To Add: will check the raptar fit and feel on this new longer mount interface and see how it feels.
20200819_063801.jpg

The refub and/or any refub most definitely is not for resale, lol..it was a nice price while I await KAC to finalize my account.

Hmmmm now onto this LRF opening in the industry....what distance RF are we talking, lol?

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Hi,

@Terry Cross
Your random observations and opinions are ALWAYS fancied around here!! One of these crazy days I will make it up/over your way to have a day visit.

The refub and/or any refub most definitely is not for resale, lol..it was a nice price while I await KAC to finalize my account.

Hmmmm now onto this LRF opening in the industry....what distance RF are we talking, lol?

Sincerely,
Theis

I know nothing nothing about the manufacture of LRF.

Most folks here seem to be focused on super long range shooting of course. Leave the large bulky stuff for them.

My opinion is that a SMALL, LIGHTWEIGHT LRF that would get to 1000 yards reliably would be a game changer. Also ability to change from Y/M.

Keep it simple, keep quality and reliability high.

That would be my “Ray Charles laser.”. “What it won’t get I don’t need.” 😎

Reactions: SkyScrapin
Hi,

@Terry Cross

Sincerely,
Theis

For us, it's not necessarily about ranging at 2K yds. It's more about reliably getting a read on a medium to small targets at medium ranges that may have other secondaries close to the beam path on the near and/or far side.

And it needs to do it with reasonably un-reflective targets and in less than pristine air quality.

So reliable readings up to 800 or 1,000 on small and medium size soft targets in high clutter.

Anybody wanting to put bullets into anything serious at further distances will likely be working with a spotter peeking through a Vector, Trigr, etc...

./

For us, it's not necessarily about ranging at 2K yds. It's more about reliably getting a read on a medium to small targets at medium ranges that may have other secondaries close to the beam path on the near and/or far side.

And it needs to do it with reasonably un-reflective targets and in less than pristine air quality.

So reliable readings up to 800 or 1,000 on small and medium size soft targets in high clutter.

Anybody wanting to put bullets into anything serious at further distances will likely be working with a spotter peeking through a Vector, Trigr, etc...

./
Don’t forget a good illuminator as well

Status
Not open for further replies.