Hoplite Arms

Jamie C

Private
Minuteman
May 29, 2020
Thank you @THEIS! I’ve been with @Geno C. (I hope I tagged the right Geno C) 😂 for 20 years and have been very much behind the scenes. I have attend many shoots as a spectator, and the last few years have participated. My good friend @northern50 borrowed me his 300 Norma and loaded ammo for me. I was “bullied” into shooting this weekend (thank you @duramaxman08 ). I’m so happy that they did. I had a blast! I’m hooked ❤ I’m so excited for this opportunity, and yes, I’m excited for a larger rifle 😁14382878-E81E-4421-8000-C301617C8A7F.jpegE480F02C-1CB3-4F33-A69C-CAD2E529B6A5.jpeg1E1ACEAC-08DF-40FF-8A1F-AE4D173DBF5D.jpeg

Last edited:

357Max

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2019
Marylandistan
Hi,

@357Max
Do you have a POC for Oerlikon Balzers? I emailed them this past week to see if any of their USA locations were capable of processing firearm parts with the Barliq Carbos but have not heard back.

Sincerely,
Theis

Also--For those that may not have noticed; I will be updating our Genesis Ballistics Solutions thread here https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...esires-request-must-have-cannot-have.6999683/ as I have been doing this one. Some of you may not have even noticed that we have formed a separate but yet synergistic company in partnership with Patagonia Ballistics :)

Sincerely,
Theis
Sorry for late reply. For some reason I'm not getting notifications for this thread?
I do not have a POC for Oerlikon Balzers. I worked with Industrial Hard Carbon in NC when they were called Extremion. At that time they did a lot of the the coating for the top Cup teams & NHRA pro stock. Coating was top shelf for sure. There was a lot of emphasis on cleanlyness of parts to be coated, they had a special cleaning procedure that left zero residue prior to coating. It was White glove lab level. I never saw a coating failure on valves, lash caps, wrist pins etc. & those parts get hammered literally!

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Nov 27, 2017
Enon Louisiana
hoplitearms.com
Hi,

Almost makes me want to do a pre order group buy on stuff so I can acquire this, lolol

Sincerely,
Theis

Steel head

Feral kitten
Belligerents
Aug 3, 2014
Washington
Hi,

Almost makes me want to do a pre order group buy on stuff so I can acquire this, lolol

Sincerely,
Theis
Hoplite team mobile OAF center?

PBWalsh

Isaiah 40:25-31
Belligerents
Feb 10, 2017
Central AL
I want one of these with the KMW Sentinel even though I cannot justify a bolt gun. The sheer quality of this product, design, and overall durability (though unfielded) writes its own justification.

reubenski

First Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 8, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis
A standard Rmag without SCIF certification would probably be a shit ton cheaper. But I'm just guessing. Haven't priced-shopped TSCIFs on eBay lately..🤣

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Nov 27, 2017
Enon Louisiana
hoplitearms.com
A standard Rmag without SCIF certification would probably be a shit ton cheaper. But I'm just guessing. Haven't priced-shopped TSCIFs on eBay lately..🤣
Hi,

Me neither, lol... I was searching for the MRAP Prototypes that Blackwater had built years ago because some company has acquired all the different versions Blackwater had built and selling them on Ebay, hahahaha

Sincerely,
Theis

1moaoff

Safe space provider? Nope!!!
Belligerents
Nov 16, 2008
cincinnati, ohio
Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis
I can build a 40 container armory etc.

Ps will trade for many many rifles

Reactions: reubenski

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Nov 27, 2017
Enon Louisiana
hoplitearms.com
Hi,

Just in case some of you do not venture into the ballistic calculator subforum very often.

Comments requested.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Average guy

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Nov 27, 2017
Enon Louisiana
hoplitearms.com
Sorry for late reply. For some reason I'm not getting notifications for this thread?
I do not have a POC for Oerlikon Balzers. I worked with Industrial Hard Carbon in NC when they were called Extremion. At that time they did a lot of the the coating for the top Cup teams & NHRA pro stock. Coating was top shelf for sure. There was a lot of emphasis on cleanlyness of parts to be coated, they had a special cleaning procedure that left zero residue prior to coating. It was White glove lab level. I never saw a coating failure on valves, lash caps, wrist pins etc. & those parts get hammered literally!
Hi,

Talked with Oerlikon and found out the Baliq-Carbos is not available in the USA.

Sincerely,
Theis

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Nov 27, 2017
Enon Louisiana
hoplitearms.com
Hi,

OK, so figured it is time to play a little information game :)

For all the internal to external ballistic geeks.

Download the free alternative to quickload IF you do not have QL already --- Gordons Reloading Tool

Manipulate your favorite loaded cartridge (Or next closest one that the software has available to choose from) to the following pressures and post the screenshots of:

Standard Load
Load manipulated to 60k pressures
Load manipulated to 70k pressures
Load manipulated to 80k pressures
Load manipulated to 90k pressures

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:

Geno C.

Dirty Carnie
Belligerents
Oct 24, 2007
Wautoma, WI
I got that. All my technology is phone based. I haven’t touched a computer in over 10 years so I was searching for an app that would do something similar to Quickload

Reactions: Tokay444

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 1, 2005
Dallas, TX
I guess for some people the mobile only lifestyle works.
In my case I find it annoying every time I have to do something on a mobile style device, productivity is so much less and forget about decent multi tasking.
Even something as simple as chats / texting / group chats, I can do so much faster with an actual PC.

Reactions: alwaywatchyoursix

brianf

Private
Belligerents
Apr 8, 2010
NY
I can’t believe no one posted and charts or velocities!

I’ll do 1-2 when I get home tonight.

Was thinking of shooting some solids this year coming up so I’ll do one of those too.

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Oct 1, 2005
Dallas, TX
Download the free alternative to quickload IF you do not have QL already --- Gordons Reloading Tool
Just as an informational note, Gordon's Reloading Tool has a Linux version available for download.
I tested it on Linux Mint 20 x64 Cinnamon edition & it works fine, you just need to make sure to read the manual where it has the install instructions and do the whole long string of sudo commands and then it works.

Reactions: alwaywatchyoursix

Mike Casselton

Trunk Monkey
Belligerents
Nov 25, 2007
Lithia, FL
Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis
You need that. And a driver. 😁

reubenski

First Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 8, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I guess for some people the mobile only lifestyle works.
In my case I find it annoying every time I have to do something on a mobile style device, productivity is so much less and forget about decent multi tasking.
Even something as simple as chats / texting / group chats, I can do so much faster with an actual PC.
Okay Boomer

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Nov 27, 2017
Enon Louisiana
hoplitearms.com
Hi,

Breech cylinder and bolt FEA at 145k cartridge pressure.

2020-06-26 (1).png2020-06-26.png

That is good safety margin for the insurance company while operating at 80-85k cartridge pressures.

Sincerely,
Theis

357Max

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2019
Marylandistan
So how does that work for insurance?
I'd assume they require actual proof firings in a test barrel to validate FEA predictions. Do they hire 3rd party engineering consultant to evaluate FEA and test data?

Please for our entertainment, fire a solid over a crono when you do your destructive proof loads;)

So it looks like 256,250 psi. Is that the failure threshold? If so, 3 x safety margin over 85K, assuming FEA pressure closley correlates to actual chamber pressure.

gnochi

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 6, 2019
Orange County, CA
assuming FEA pressure closley correlates to actual chamber pressure.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t. Stress concentrations - which you pretty much always see in corners - are really frustrating to work around.

Strongly agreed with shooting over a chrono when doing the proof testing!

Reactions: E. Bryant

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Nov 27, 2017
Enon Louisiana
hoplitearms.com
Hi,

NTS is handling all the destruction test.
This is not my nor their first rodeo in regards to high pressure/destruction testing, lol

As well as they are running the FEA programs so it doesn't get any more accredited or 3rd party than those guys.

Still waiting for any other company to throw all their specs, data and analysis to the public in real time, lolol.

I just ordered 500 monos from Badlands Precision in various calibers yesterday!!

Sincerely,
Theis

brianf

Private
Belligerents
Apr 8, 2010
NY
Unfortunately, it doesn’t. Stress concentrations - which you pretty much always see in corners - are really frustrating to work around.

Strongly agreed with shooting over a chrono when doing the proof testing!
from the supplied pics it looks like the stress is localized to a few random points (the whole bolt lug is not sheering off/bright red), so those might be fringe effects of the computer sims.

Reactions: Nik H

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Nov 27, 2017
Enon Louisiana
hoplitearms.com
Hi,

Nothing is sheering off nor deforming, lolol.

For comparison conversation:
The industry "proof test" is 2 shots of certified proof rounds in which nothing can blow up or set headspace out beyond usable, that is IT, lolol.

SAAMI list all the approved manufacturers and vendors for proof rounds but guess what.......we had to get NTS to write new procedure and protocols for utilizing a non SAAMI approved "proof" round manufacturer because the average proof round is only about 85k cartridge pressures.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:

Mech Eng

Private
Minuteman
Feb 29, 2020
Hi Theis,
I just wanted say it's nice to see someone doing something different. I also like the use of fine threads not sure why everyone doesn't for there actions and I like the use of the breech ring I feel it makes for a stronger action and glad to see the flat bottom and not another round action it makes mounting much easier. Also it is nice to see someone showing the R&D process cause alot of manufacturers act like it is a secret process. I would trust your action over something from Remington nowadays. And what FEA software are you using? I have mainly used Ansys.

TacticalDillhole

Shiner of shoes
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jun 26, 2012
N. Carolina
Reactions: THEIS

Jamie C

Private
Minuteman
May 29, 2020

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Nov 27, 2017
Enon Louisiana
hoplitearms.com
Hi,

Nope, as previously mentioned we have completely scrapped the original chassis design and spinning up the new chassis design as I type this.

And we have done this with absolutely not a single customer that has paid and waiting on product. I feel great about that, as does everyone else involved in this business.

We have gotten the question of :
Why not just release with the original chassis then release the Gen 2 system when new chassis integration completed. That way you could be taking orders right now.

Well my reply and the companies official stance on that is...Why would I take someones money for a product that I know I am replacing/phasing out/etc etc when I can not only save my business reputation but actually improve it by not putting our customers through that type of customer interaction journey.

Sincerely,
Theis

Snuby642

Old Salt
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2017
Well that says a lot about your ethics and buisiness modle.

I missed the part about redesign.

I will keep up on this thread.

The website didn't make it clear to me but a lot of distractions today.

Thanks.

Reactions: THEIS

Mike Casselton

Trunk Monkey
Belligerents
Nov 25, 2007
Lithia, FL
That's true and so sad.
The local guys have their food trailers set up all over the place around here.
Making a few bucks where they can.
Hope you guys get to set up next year

Reactions: Jamie C