• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hoplite Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
@THEIS thanks for the interview on Precision Rifle Media podcast. Long form conversation helps me grasp the details and makes me even more excited to see the finished product.

Hi,

LOLOL O geez you listened to it already? I have not even heard it, hahaha.

Long form conversation is NOT what I am accustomed to doing and it was actually on odd thing for me.

Sincerely,
Theis

It was actually one of the better interviews I’ve heard Kirk do. He seemed more focused than he usually does, and like he’d done more homework on the topic.

Reactions: LeftyJason
What I want, I haven't seen anywhere. It would be a miniaturized pic rail mounted LRF. What I have seen is a Chinese version that's huge by comparison to what I'm looking for.

By being on the handguard rail (preferably on the left side, so it wouldn't interfere with any BUIS, or alternatively atop or alongside the scope ring on a small section of pic rail), it would not need to have a telescopic component, but would simply range wherever the rifle/firearm was pointed, since the rifle already has optics superior to whatever the handheld LRF's have at present. All it would need would be a small LCD display of distance. I suppose a Bluetooth interface to smart scopes could also be a useful option as well.

Greg

Last edited:
Hi,

New forend design modelled into the modified center section.
1.PNG

Sincerely,
Theis

Is that a full length RRS rail on the forearm?

That forearm looks pretty long Whats the length

Hi,

Full length RRS, absolutely. No way we could not have at least 1 forend design with it.

Other handguard options available that do not have it, as well as different width forends.

18" is the length shown in that model.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: b6graham
looks good,

More bolt lug contact that should give a larger safety margin when pushing those high pressures.

Nice to see you haven't been blown away.

Hi,

We actually faired really well. Local rivers are started to rise/flood right now due to all the rain and such towards Arkansas and such.
Even with the river only being about quarter mile from shop we are on the high side of the river bank and there is a LOT of land to flood on the low bank side before gets close to me.

You got way worse last year with 1 storm than we just did with 2 storms this week.

We also put slight radius you suggested on that bolt guide piece to make it easier for the counterclockwise turn for bolt release.

Sincerely,
Theis

Is there a TY channel? Looking for videos previously linked on SH and they seems to have been removed.

Just listened to the podcast... This is going to be epic. Add me to the 'frothing at the bit to get at it' list please.
Either the ASPIS - 300 PRC or PHALANX - 460 STEYR

Last edited:
Is there a TY channel? Looking for videos previously linked on SH and they seems to have been removed.

Just listened to the podcast... This is going to be epic. Add me to the 'frothing at the bit to get at it' list please.
Either the ASPIS - 300 PRC or PHALANX - 460 STEYR

Hi,

We are transitioning over from Vimeo to YT just because YT is easier utilization in regards to integration of videos onto website.
I can email you the videos though.
------------------

In regards to "behind the scenes"...sometimes I just have to rearrange the puzzle pieces. Machine operators see pieces as pieces and didn't take into consideration my OCD, lol....so I had to put receiver pieces with receiver pieces and chassis pieces with chassis pieces, haha.

Before.jpg

After.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

OK so updates have been a little slower than normal but that is because there are a hundred different moving parts to the business, lolol...

Programming a couple of the last cosmetic changes to the receiver frame...
Final MasterCam.jpg

So my next question is:
(y) or (n) for Aspis (Lapua Magnum) rolling off production versions first...
(y) or (n)for Kopis (Short Action) rolling off production versions first...

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Hi,

OK so updates have been a little slower than normal but that is because there are a hundred different moving parts to the business, lolol...

Programming a couple of the last cosmetic changes to the receiver frame...
View attachment 7436875

So my next question is:
(y) or (n) for Aspis (Lapua Magnum) rolling off production versions first...
(y) or (n)for Kopis (Short Action) rolling off production versions first...

Sincerely,
Theis
honestly I lean toward the big boy actions. Market has lots of good short action competition but lacks in the true elr action market

honestly I lean toward the big boy actions. Market has lots of good short action competition but lacks in the true elr action market
I’m also biased cause I want a 300 PRC action

Reactions: n2stcks and gnochi
I’ll be the contrarian and pick a non listed option: the mini, .223 sized, rifle package. (I know you’ve said it is far down the list...)

Reactions: RS14
To add to your list for a package...

Look at x2devgroup and their Orion or Apollo suppressor. One is fixed and the other is customizable to the caliber.

Hi,

OK guys; with Shot Show having the extremely high likelihood of being cancelled (Currently max limit on trade shows in Nevada is 1000 people) unless the Governor drastically changes his thought process come November (When he said he will update the capacity limits) we are seeking assistance from the forum.

We are looking for recommendations for venues to host demonstrations in the following geographical regions.
Needs to allow both day and night shooting demonstrations.
Needs to have lodging either onsite or really close by.
Needs at least 1000 yard range.
Would like to have capability of doing some armored glass demonstrations. (We supply the armored glass of course)
Would like to have capability of integrating UAV assisted spotting demonstrations. (We supply the UAVs of course)

East Coast
Central
West Coast

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

OK guys; with Shot Show having the extremely high likelihood of being cancelled (Currently max limit on trade shows in Nevada is 1000 people) unless the Governor drastically changes his thought process come November (When he said he will update the capacity limits) we are seeking assistance from the forum.

We are looking for recommendations for venues to host demonstrations in the following geographical regions.
Would like to have capability of doing some armored glass demonstrations. (We supply the armored glass of course)
Would like to have capability of integrating UAV assisted spotting demonstrations. (We supply the UAVs of course)

East Coast
Central
West Coast

Sincerely,
Theis
Couple here in NC with that capability. How close to the hotels need to be?

Reactions: THEIS
Hi,

Yea I figured we already had East Coast lined out since you and I have spoken about this before!!
Closer the better in regards to hotels. I getting older so I may need one with jetted tub for the body aches, lol.

@MarinePMI
@Diver160651
What does California have in place for restrictions on outdoor gatherings?

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

East Coast
Central
West Coast

Sincerely,
Theis

Depending on how you define “lodging” and “nearby”, California Tactical Academy is probably your best bet in California. It’s about an hour north of LA, has 1000yd, has bays for armored glass, does some night shoots, and does helicopter work with local SWAT.

Crowd restrictions in California are a bit of a mess right now - literally, nobody knows what they are including the governor - but they found out a way to reopen Downtown Disney, so something can definitely be worked out.

Pretty sure @milzy helps run the place? At least, they used to run the rifle matches.

The only 1000 yd I know of in S Cal is the BLM land near Barstow or Mojave.

Re Outdoor gatherings as taken from:

As of October 9, 2020, outdoor private gatherings are allowed under the following conditions:
  • Attendees must be from no more than 3 separate households
  • Duration should be 2 hours or less
Exempt: Unless its a political gathering.

So... Id suggest we all carry Trump signs and march and stomp around a lot... whine and burn stuff

Hi,

We are looking for recommendations for venues to host demonstrations peaceful protests in the following geographical regions.

There.
Fixed it for you.
Guaranteed approval from local governing bodies for large crowds.

You are welcome... ;)

./

@THEIS I believe you probably already know this because of your social media team, but the Highland Sportmen’s Club in Cascade, WI would be a possible Midwest venue. There is a covered 1000yd range and a winery/clubhouse on site. Same place that Ken Wheeler puts on the BarrelMaker Classic PRS match.

Reactions: Terry Cross
Hi,

East Coast
Central
West Coast

Sincerely,
Theis

From the socal POV this probably ticks most of the boxes https://ctala.com/
They have done night time matches, and you can rent bays to do kinda whatever. I have flown my DJI drone around to there, no air space dangers.

No idea what the laws are about gathering but they are holding matches. While it says "LA" it's technically not even in LA County so the rules are more lax.

Oops didn't realize @gnochi already responded.

Last edited:
Reactions: gnochi
You have a couple ranges near DFW, TX that could get out to 1000 and 2000 and lodging is like an hour drive away for all the big hotels.

Reactions: Tunnuh
Contact the Whittington Center in Raton NM.

Hotels are reasonable and 20 min out, plus on site lodging may be available.

Sporting Rifle Match has their Magnum match on the campus and it goes out to 2k

If it's acceptable to all... and provided the timing and location works Theis the S.W. (CA / NM?) location would be another good opportunity to get some quality candid action / still photos. Releases would be required --and/or such that the photos are taken without the need to get individual sign off. Just an idea to amass a stockpile of quality marketing / image content.

Last edited:
Hi,

East Coast
Central
West Coast

Sincerely,
Theis

Gunsite in AZ would be a good spot. Range out to 2,000 meters, close to a big urban center and major airport (Phoenix sky harbour, about ~2 hours away). You would have to talk to them specifically in regards to the rest of your criteria.

I have no affiliation with the business, in fact I've never been there, but it seems like an obvious choice to me. I think @CoryT works there, in case there is any interest by either party.

Status
Not open for further replies.