• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady 140 Gr ELD 100ct SHORT BY 12

Agree 100%. I have a strike eagle that’s awesome.... for what it is. its rock solid in a mount that I don’t touch the turrets and really clear. Again for a 200$ scope. I have several Leupolds on my rifles but a kahles k525i on my match rifle.

sorry to derail conversation.
Back to Hornadys F’d up rounds.

Yep, not surprised. This was in my box. I didn't have a big enough mandrel to seat it lol. Not sure if I was shorted or not as I was only loading a few at a time for finding a load at that time.
View attachment 7421239
That's normal. That short fat 140 is an old bullet that got mixed in with the young bullets by mistake. Bullets, like people, get shorter and fatter with age.:ROFLMAO:

I was loading for a match tonight, and had two boxes of 100 - 140 ELD-M that were short twelve bullets. It pissed me off, so I did a search, and this thread came up.

I'm emailing with pictures in the morning. Did you ever hear anything?
I was given a free box of 100 via mail

I was given a free box of 100 via mail

They pretty much told me that was impossible, that modern equipment makes that impossible due to sorting by weight, etc.

He took my information, and that was that. I haven't heard a word back and that was months ago.

My theory is that someone plugged in the wrong type of bullets (maybe 75gr 224, who knows) on that lot number and we all got shorted by 12 bullets and it passed QC.

They pretty much told me that was impossible, that modern equipment makes that impossible due to sorting by weight, etc.
Yeah, their MO seems to be "we NEVER do anything wrong....must be your fault"

My view of Hornady has changed over the past couple of years....not in a good way.

We had a service coordinator that used to tell customers over the phone that the problem they were calling to report and request service for, “was impossible.” “Well, I’m standing in front of it, and you’re sitting in a fucking desk chair 1000kms away. Get a fucking tech here and fix it!” He doesn’t work for us anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baron23
When I used to shoot Bullseye, I would get the occasional round with the bullet upside down in the case.
And these were Federal 'Premium' 185gr semi-wadcutter match rounds!