• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady 4dof, app issues

MarcusOlsson

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2017
SWEDEN
Hi
Me and a few buddies have had some issues lately with the app, both on IOS and Android.
Changing the air pressure from lets say 27inHG to 30inHG does only change 0.01 mil at 2000yd

When you we go over 24.5inHG the output stays the same all the way until you go past 30.3 and then it goes blank which is a a bit of a bummer since we get up to 30.7 and almost 31 during some winter days in Sweden.
Changing the altitude wont do anything different and punching in the same numbers int the web based solver gives the correct adjustments.

We've all uninstalled and reinstalled and tried all types of settings for this, does anyone have any idea on whats going on? Or should we just ditch the solver for now?

Thanks

Try going to settings from the main screen and forcing it to sync. You can also call to tech support and if you have something funky going on they can create a ticket for the app developers.

I'm not able to replicate what you're talking about, jumping from 27 to 30 inHg changes my 2000yd impacts by like 4-7 mils depending on caliber.

Hi
Me and a few buddies have had some issues lately with the app, both on IOS and Android.
Changing the air pressure from lets say 27inHG to 30inHG does only change 0.01 mil at 2000yd

When you we go over 24.5inHG the output stays the same all the way until you go past 30.3 and then it goes blank which is a a bit of a bummer since we get up to 30.7 and almost 31 during some winter days in Sweden.
Changing the altitude wont do anything different and punching in the same numbers int the web based solver gives the correct adjustments.

We've all uninstalled and reinstalled and tried all types of settings for this, does anyone have any idea on whats going on? Or should we just ditch the solver for now?

Thanks
Would help to share some screenshots

OP, when you changed the pressure did you save it.
I agree
Screen shots would be helpful

Yupp, issue seems to be when i use the "input/output" in metric on either one in the Metric mode, US standard seems to work just fine....
I'll simply have to move to the US and start using yards and fps :)