• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady 6.5 AG Bullet Type ???

rustyinbend

GySgt USMC 1976-1992
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2018
    Bend, Oregon
    I shoot (and really like) the 6.5 American Gunner 140gr ammo in my three 6.5 Creedmoor rifles. Does anyone know (with certainty) whether the bullets used in these are Hornady's ...
    (a) Amax
    (b) SSTBT
    (c) HP Match
    ... all of which show 140gr bullets in my Kestrel.
    Bonus question: Same for the Hornady 6.5 Grendel 123gr which shows (a) Amax, and (b) SSTBT in 123gr variants.
    I want to use custom drag curves, but I need to know the specific bullet types to do that, and info from Hornady and other sources is "ambiguous" at best.
    THANKS!

The American Gunner 6.5 CM 140 Gr uses the same Hornady HPBT Match that you can buy as a component.

The American Gunner 6.5 Grendel 123 Gr HPBT was a made to order offering for Sportsman's Warehouse that was eventually offered to other large vendors. That projectile is not a Hornady catalog or retail offering. Midsouth did get some over runs and offered them.

Phone calls to Hornady stated .450 G1 and .225 G7 BC over their Doppler radar for the 123 Gr HPBT.

Awesome data ... exactly what I needed. Thanks VERY much.

I was looking for the same answer for my Garmin Watch, according to Applied Ballistics Support it’s the HP Match from the bullet library (140gr American Gunner 6.5 CM)

I was looking for the same answer for my Garmin Watch, according to Applied Ballistics Support it’s the HP Match from the bullet library!
    Yup ... just waiting for a decent weather day to get out to the range and try out the new ballistics calculations.

Reactions: stellan0r
    I shoot (and really like) the 6.5 American Gunner 140gr ammo in my three 6.5 Creedmoor rifles. Does anyone know (with certainty) whether the bullets used in these are Hornady's ...
    (a) Amax
    (b) SSTBT
    (c) HP Match
    ... all of which show 140gr bullets in my Kestrel.
    Bonus question: Same for the Hornady 6.5 Grendel 123gr which shows (a) Amax, and (b) SSTBT in 123gr variants.
    I want to use custom drag curves, but I need to know the specific bullet types to do that, and info from Hornady and other sources is "ambiguous" at best.
    THANKS!

Don't know if this helps.

20200926_100234.jpg