• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hornady Amax

Re: Hornady Amax

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...i wouldnt wanna get hit w/ one </div></div>

+1
laugh.gif

They are a good bullet, try some and see if your rifle likes them.

I love the 75gr a-max for my Armalite 223. The problem is, I cant find any to buy!!!! Obama sucks!!!!!! Lee

I like the 168s, have not found the magic with 155s and have yet to try the 178s in my .308s.

Looking forward to trying them in .224 iterations.

Often less expensive than SMKs too!

The 75's no workie for mag length AR15's, at least none of mine likem, I like the 178's alot and use them for killing things and target work, and Hornadee has a better price than SMKs.

Simply put the .224 75AMAX, .243 105AMAX, .284 162AMAX are worth building rifles around. The .308 155, 168, 178 AMAXs are outstanding.

The AMAXs are some of the best match bullets around. Less expensive then the Bergers, SMK and Lapuas and will shoot with if not surpass it's expensive brothers.

I use the A-Max as much as I can. Priced right. not much work with the .30 208 A-Max but all others do great for me.

Note though. the others do also.

WOW, That is a great review!
smile.gif
I'm wanting to load them for my .243, I currently shoot their 95gr sst and really like them. I would also like to load them for my 300wsm and I currently shot 180gr accubonds. I have noticed they are very reasonably priced. Great, I'll get some ordered! Thanks, Ty

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Simply put the .224 75AMAX, .243 105AMAX, .284 162AMAX are worth building rifles around. The .308 155, 168, 178 AMAXs are outstanding. </div></div>

Are you jumping or just off the lands?

155's in my .308 have been 'so so' but that's all I've tried so far. And not a complete workup either but
wink.gif

I shoot 178's from my 30-06, they do great touching the lands. The chamber is a tight custom chamber, built on a k98 action with as much accuracy work as a 98 is capable of.

They shoot well under MOA, usually around 1/2 MOA when I do my part.

My dad shoots the 155's from his 308, same results.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Simply put the .224 75AMAX, .243 105AMAX, .284 162AMAX are worth building rifles around. The .308 155, 168, 178 AMAXs are outstanding. </div></div>

Are you jumping or just off the lands?

155's in my .308 have been 'so so' but that's all I've tried so far. And not a complete workup either but
wink.gif

</div></div>

Kissin the lands.

I'm about .030 off the lands in my 7WSM and it shoots bugholes. And if my numbers are correct, they are smoking the 180gr Bergers at long ranges.