• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady April 24, 2019 something

They just sent me another batch of brass so I'm back in business.

Yeah, I got a 7.62 Creedmoor prototype reamer and it turned my rifle in to a damn laser until the primer pockets got loose.

They are announcing a process to make sure all their 88gr ELDMs get tips before they leave the plant.

Attachments

• 4-15-19 025.jpg
    4-15-19 025.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 4-15-19 026.jpg
    4-15-19 026.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 122
Give 'em a call and you'll get it taken care of 260284.

I sent them an email with pictures. Response was vague, maybe a call is a better choice. Seated another one last night loading for a match this weekend. Tempted to shoot a gallon jug of water to see how fast they expand without the tips. Look like a wicked hollow point.

I got no result when I called and told them their ammo was blowing primers.

China brought the out.... Moving production to Hungloo Prefecture, the deal was put together by Chinese Lawyer Mr. Sumdumfuk

110gr 6mm bullets
I can only hope they finally release a 6mm bullet with a competitive BC. The reason to use the ELD-M bullets is that they're supposed to have BC's that are high for their weight and caliber, except the 108 ELD-M doesn't do that at all.

108 ELD-M's have a G7 BC of 0.267. 110 SMK's have a G7 of 0.303, 105 Hybrids are 0.273, and 105 RDF's are 0.275. Even the 103gr Vapor Trail bullet has a 0.260 G7, and the 95gr TMK isn't far behind at 0.238.

For comparison the 147 ELD-M with its BC of 0.315 is only bested by 150+ grain bullets or the 140 RDF (0.324) and 140 JLK (0.321).

“I got no result when I called and told them their ammo was blowing primers”.

A buddy was hunting with a 6.5CM semi I’d sold him and locked up the action. Came back to me for a fix, and after disassembly, was two blown primers stuck under Geissele trigger. Hornady 140gr factory ammo. Shot a couple of mule deer with 143ELDX with no issues, and then this. Kind of problematic, with no evident resolution.

I got no result when I called and told them their ammo was blowing primers.

A buddy had that happen with 223 Superformance a couple years ago, Hornady paid for his rifle to be sent to Grand Island for inspection and sent him a case of ammo for his troubles...?

“I got no result when I called and told them their ammo was blowing primers”.

A buddy was hunting with a 6.5CM semi I’d sold him and locked up the action. Came back to me for a fix, and after disassembly, was two blown primers stuck under Geissele trigger. Hornady 140gr factory ammo. Shot a couple of mule deer with 143ELDX with no issues, and then this. Kind of problematic, with no evident resolution.
High pressure bolt?

High pressure bolt?

Blowing primers out would not be caused by a large FP. Only overpressure or an extremely over gassed condition where the bolt is unlocking while chamber pressure is still incredibly high where the brass won't extract fully and the bolt moves past the case head.

But back on topic, it would be awesome to see a heavier high bc 6mm or high by heavy for caliber 25 cal bullet like the 131 blackjack from them.

Reactions: 257 Blackjack
I'm guessing high BC 6mm & 6.5mm bullets.
For comparison the 147 ELD-M with its BC of 0.315 is only bested by 150+ grain bullets or the 140 RDF (0.324) and 140 JLK (0.321).

147 trues up to .335 in my 6.5 creed @ 2770.

My guess is there will be high bc 6 & 6.5mm bullets coming out. Something in the .300+ for a 6mm and .370-380 range for the 6.5.

Reactions: Longshot85
High pressure bolt?
High pressure bolts seem to have a habit of piercing primers when shooting large rifle primer ammo so it just makes you use SRP brass which eliminates most boxed ammo options.

Also, you'll pay 3-4x as much for a replacement high pressure firing pin.

So far I see lots of reasons not to use a "high pressure" bolt and I've never had an issue that has made me want to try.

It's not some kind of silver bullet that works for everything.

Adding 350 Legend to their ammo line with a new bullet or two.
While I know that the 350 legend doesn’t tick any boxes for long range precision rifle, I really want a short brush rifle in this cartridge. Then a contender barrel for it.

My favorite deer cartridge for inside 150 yards is a 14” Contender in .357 Maximum. Since Remington let that one die too, I see the 350 Legend as a superior replacement.

They are announcing that they are ceasing production on 308.

Saw some prototype 6mm 110 grain aluminum tipped bullets last year being tested by a guy we all know. My guess is they are rolling those out comercially. G7 BC supposedly north of .3