• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady LNL EZ-ject conversion

michaeltx

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 31, 2009
dfw area, TX
I just got around to installing my conversion today, got my press apart then realized I was missing the 'spent primer tube tool.' Is it threaded? Is it something I could use a bolt in place of?

Re: Hornady LNL EZ-ject conversion

Nevermind, went brute force. I took a pair of vice grips, mashed the hell out of the end of the tube and just cut it off. Seems to eject much better now. I need to load a few hundred 45 auto later, I'll guess I'll see.

How did you get the hex head screws that hold the base plate to the ram out? I have broken three wrenches and haven't budged them a bit. I have also twisted two wrenches 360 degrees but still no luck. Any ideas?

Mine came loose with a 3 inch long allen wrench, but it was a lot of torque for that tool. Any tighter and I was going after a t-handle. Nothing weird, just a little tight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat Dufrene</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How did you get the hex head screws that hold the base plate to the ram out? I have broken three wrenches and haven't budged them a bit. I have also twisted two wrenches 360 degrees but still no luck. Any ideas? </div></div>

Use a little heat.