• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hornady LnL powder drop system

pby5cat

Private
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2012
Agoura Hills, California
I have a Hornady lock and load auto progressive press with the powder drop system. The powder drop system worked fine for RL22 300WM. I emptied out the powder system and filled it with H4350 for 6.5 Creedmoore. The H4350 would not drop consistanly and every four drops it would drop a huge overflowing charge. So I took it a part to find the powder sticking to the drop tube. So i cleaned every part and put it back together, and The drop system had the same problem.

Do I need to prep the H4350?
Any one have experience with H4350 and the Hornady powder drop system?

Re: Hornady LnL powder drop system

Can't help you with the 4350 but have you been using their "One-shot" cleaner and dry lube? It works great on my powder measure (only use it with pistol powders) and anything else seems to gum it up with powder sticking to the side.

I have cleaned the whole system with the hornady one shot gun cleaner and dry lube.

Im going to try grounding the press.

Try it without any lube at all. Thats how I run mine.

I have had mine for about 2 years and it has worked perfectly for me. It even throws Varget very very consiststantly. I have never lubed it or done anything to it short of taking the grease off it when it was new.

If you lube it could that be your problem?

I found that if you do not thoroughly wipe off the one shot it will get sticky. I thoroughly clean with one shot and coat with dry graphite powder. Works fine.

Wipe down the whole thing with a dryer sheet. You could be having a build up of static electricity.