• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hornady Sub-X 190 in SIG Sauer Rattler

GreyBeardBiker

Private
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2023
Clarksville, TN
Good afternoon folks!

I purchased my SIG Sauer Rattler last spring. After waiting for nearly 10 months, I finally got my NFA Tax Stamp and picked up my Dead Air Sandman S. I normally reload all of my 300 BLK ammo, but I also am going to give Hornady Sub-X 190s a shot. Does anyone here have experience with the Sub-X fired through a can in a SBR? How does the AR cycle with them? Thanks in advance!

My 8.5 inch blackout pistol shoot's them very well suppressed or not . My 16 inch carbine with carbine gas will shoot them with a can but won't cycle with out the suppressor , the same as with my mini-14 300 blackout . It won't cycle the subs unless I have the can on . They are very accurate in all of my blackout's and I have killed deer at 60-75 yds with them .

Reactions: GreyBeardBiker
I don't have specific experience with the sub x but I have loaded thousands of 190 grain subs. Your powder choice will be critical as bullets that are sub 200 grains are often harder to work with.

At those lighter grain weight thresholds you can easily get powder shift with a lot of powders.

That said the construction of those specific bullets are quite different, ie large hollow point and a rubber stopper. That very well could make those bullets easier to deal with.

Reactions: GreyBeardBiker
I've got some these reloading bullets on order that I will be trying out in 7.62x39 using a .308 groove diameter Faxon barrel. FWIW the new 7.62x39 255gr factory SUBX round is stable in both my Faxon 1:8 twist and Windham 1:9.5 twist 16" AR barrels while shooting suppressed.

Someone famous once said "trust but verify. Good advice.

AA 1680 is a good powder for gas guns especially if they have a carbine length gas .