• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Horse Power, Track Shit, Torque, Cubic Inches, Liters, Run What Ya Brung, Auto or Cycle

I got the exhaust done on my Camaro SS. Thing is dead quiet now. Don’t know or care how much horsepower I lost. Even a 10% loss I’m still over 400 horsepower.
My ride was more fun when it sounded like a mid-80’s cop car. The announcer at the track called it the “Black Hiss”.

82782ADC-1D1C-47BE-B901-8FFABCE2AC73.jpeg

Reactions: skinney_7 and BLEE
Track miata is coming together slowly. Currently getting cage installed. Broke down the motor today to bring it to the machine shop. For how fucking nasty the motor was, internally it looks pretty good. Im pretty sure the front main, rear main, oil pan gasket, etc... leaked oil...for a LONG TIME... NASTY... Non power brakes, non power steering, no ABS, no traction control, etc... Going to run full 9 Lives Racing aero, nylatron control arm bushings(was going to run pillow balls, but they are 2x as expensive), YUGE BRAKES, and a bunch of other odds and ends. Going to be a fun ass car. Should be sub 2k lbs without me in it.

200k+ miles and still has cross hatching

head is in good shape

Running HUGE brakes for a Miata

11.75x1.25 2 piece rotors

non boosted brakes

15x10 wheels. Will likely run 245/40/15 Maxxis RC1 semi-slicks

SuperMiata Xida coilovers. 1200lb springs in front, 600lb rears.
This is sexy! Please post up pictures once it’s all said and done!

Reactions: BLEE and 91Eunozs
My ride was more fun when it sounded like a mid-80’s cop car. The announcer at the track called it the “Black Hiss”.
When I got my Ranchero it had headers, cheap glass packs and the exhaust dumped under the car just before the rear axle. Didn't sound bad but after about 15 minutes the drone induced headache would start and ear plugs had to go in. I wanted the new motor to be more of a sleeper so they did a cross over, two nice Magna Flows and ran the exhaust out and behind the rear tires. Much quieter and sounds like an old 289 with good exhaust. Sneaky, and I like it that way.

Reactions: MadDuner
When I got my Ranchero it had headers, cheap glass packs and the exhaust dumped under the car just before the rear axle. Didn't sound bad but after about 15 minutes the drone induced headache would start and ear plugs had to go in. I wanted the new motor to be more of a sleeper so they did a cross over, two nice Magna Flows and ran the exhaust out and behind the rear tires. Much quieter and sounds like an old 289 with good exhaust. Sneaky, and I like it that way.
But did you have a mullet?

You cant drive a Ranchero without a mega-awesome mullet to go with it man..

But did you have a mullet?

You cant drive a Ranchero without a mega-awesome mullet to go with it man..
I did not know that mullets got that big and I'm not sure what a small fish has to do with a Ranchero, but I guess it is New Years Day
and some celebrate too much.

Specs/details?

2.5" blower pulley
1000cc injectors
twin boost-a-pumps
123mm CAI
cat delete
catback corsa extremes
short throw shifter
tune (about to get re-tuned for e85)
Ive got 4:10's about to go in it next week.
Drilled and slotted rotors

plan is to either build bottom end and throw a VMP gen3R blower on it or do a coyote swap and TT it. Haven't decided on which (once this happens, i'll throw the 3:31 gears back into it).

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
Any plans on tracking it?

Yes, my sales Lady gave me the number to the owner of the Brighton Track,

I definitely want to max it out, it LOVES to shift at 8k, it's immediate fast but not out of control nor does it want to run away from you, Control is the best word I can use to describe driving it. The Macan will run away, if you are not paying attention or using cruise it's easy to be doing 90MPH without paying attention

The GT4 is all control, it does exactly what you want

IMG_0124.JPG

but it's not a RS :rolleyes:
I love the color - btw
ballsy taking it on dirt. I know a few guys that are afraid to take their cars out in the rain, let alone worrying about a paint chip.

• Haha
Reactions: 91Eunozs
No it's not an RS,

I just pulled over, I didn't drive a dirt road and honestly, I drive my shit, fuck that

When I test drove it they kept backing me down because it was "cold" outside and it has summer tires, LOL I was doing 85 and they were like, Not over 65 it's too cold

:sneaky:
boss arrived at work with a brand new Ferrari. Me: “wow, that is an amazing carBoss: “if you work hard, put in the hours, and strive for excellence, I can buy myself another one next year!”
so, are you bringing it to a competition? So, fellow hide members can drive it? asking for friends

Reactions: Lowlight
Depending on the rubber compound, "summer tires," can crack in cold weather. Some are not suited to temps below 40F. Others will fall apart below 20F.

From the Michelin website, regarding the PS4S OEM tire.

Note: Tires exposed to temperatures of 20 degrees F (-7 degrees C) or lower must be permitted to gradually return to temperatures of at least 40 degrees F (5 degrees C) for at least 24 hours before they are flexed in any manner, such as by adjusting inflation pressures, mounting them on wheels or using them to support, roll or drive a vehicle.

Flexing of the specialized rubber compounds used in Max Performance Summer tires during cold-weather use can result in irreversible compound cracking. Compound cracking is not a warrantable condition because it occurs as the result of improper use or storage, tires exhibiting compound cracking must be replaced.

Last edited:
I just looked they are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, they are not super special or anything like that, they are not race tires

Also I found a set of exhaust in the boot and they never said anything about it, so I think I have some fancy exhaust but they are wrapped up

Reactions: BLEE
Depending on the rubber compound, "summer tires," can crack in cold weather. Some are not suited to temps below 40F. Others will fall apart below 20F.

From the Michelin website, regarding the PS4S OEM tire.

Note: Tires exposed to temperatures of 20 degrees F (-7 degrees C) or lower must be permitted to gradually return to temperatures of at least 40 degrees F (5 degrees C) for at least 24 hours before they are flexed in any manner, such as by adjusting inflation pressures, mounting them on wheels or using them to support, roll or drive a vehicle.

Flexing of the specialized rubber compounds used in Max Performance Summer tires during cold-weather use can result in irreversible compound cracking. Compound cracking is not a warrantable condition because it occurs as the result of improper use or storage, tires exhibiting compound cracking must be replaced.

Yep, my car came with such tires and has a similar warning in the owner's manual - no driving below 40°F or storage below 20°F.

It also came with heated seats as standard equipment :cautious:

I just looked they are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, they are not super special or anything like that, they are not race tires

Also I found a set of exhaust in the boot and they never said anything about it, so I think I have some fancy exhaust but they are wrapped up
pilot sports are better then pirelli zeros below 40

PZ's are like rock ice skates, the PS4's are actually decent

biggest issue with them is you just cant get them to temperature no matter how hard you drive and you kill the outer 1/3 of the tire..all cracks etc

fucks up the heat cycling

i always toss on a pair of sotto zeros for the winter, makes them a tank in the snow

Reactions: Lowlight
How do you like that EFI system?

A new experience for me, but turn key is hard to beat. It would be safe to say, I like it alot. The guy I bought the car from did give me two Holly 750 double-pumpers, one useable, and one needing a rebuild, in case I decide to change over to a choked carburated system.

Reactions: Skunk
Ok, I know I am going to take some flack for my current toys. Hay I am old and big american cars have heavy big american parts. That said a 1.9L Opel head is heavy as fuck.

After I hit a deer late last year I was using these two as a daily. This car is really hard for an old man with a bad back to get in and out of, but darn if it is not fun. It has historic plates on it, and is driven very little. It also started to run very poor and turns out the CAT was clogged up, so I did what any sane person would do, remove it and replace it with a hunk of pipe. Gas mileage is in the high 30's even with you not able to stay off the loud peddle. It really is a fun car and you don't see them anymore....and yes I know there is a reason for that.

1672923640486.png

1672923676386.png

This was the other thing I drove while the truck was getting fixed. I can tell you that both cars are in the same "class". Little cheap and sporty, but the change in tech from 1967 to 1986 is really amazing, cars have come a long way.

1672924016310.png

1672924039475.png

In the second Fiat pic you can see another project, I told myself this is the last car I will do a full on restore on....that was a lie. It is in line for some work.

I also have this old thing, not the little Kubota but the pan. Building a loft in my shop so everything is on a bit of a hold, this car is going to stay like it is, no body work but to patch the holes and replace heater channels. I want it new on the inside and "ratty" on the outside. I just like the way it looks. I could not find a pic of the body of the VW, but it is in the pic of some target hangers I was welding back up.

1672924272246.png

1672924394850.png

Ok, I know I am going to take some flack for my current toys. Hay I am old and big american cars have heavy big american parts. That said a 1.9L Opel head is heavy as fuck.

After I hit a deer late last year I was using these two as a daily. This car is really hard for an old man with a bad back to get in and out of, but darn if it is not fun. It has historic plates on it, and is driven very little. It also started to run very poor and turns out the CAT was clogged up, so I did what any sane person would do, remove it and replace it with a hunk of pipe. Gas mileage is in the high 30's even with you not able to stay off the loud peddle. It really is a fun car and you don't see them anymore....and yes I know there is a reason for that.

View attachment 8039004
View attachment 8039005

This was the other thing I drove while the truck was getting fixed. I can tell you that both cars are in the same "class". Little cheap and sporty, but the change in tech from 1967 to 1986 is really amazing, cars have come a long way.

View attachment 8039009
View attachment 8039010

In the second Fiat pic you can see another project, I told myself this is the last car I will do a full on restore on....that was a lie. It is in line for some work.

I also have this old thing, not the little Kubota but the pan. Building a loft in my shop so everything is on a bit of a hold, this car is going to stay like it is, no body work but to patch the holes and replace heater channels. I want it new on the inside and "ratty" on the outside. I just like the way it looks. I could not find a pic of the body of the VW, but it is in the pic of some target hangers I was welding back up.

View attachment 8039011
View attachment 8039013

View attachment 8039011
View attachment 8039013
What year. Guessing 66-70 ish

What year. Guessing 66-70 ish

The bug is a 63. I was rolling pretty well on it till I got tired of tripping over stuff and decided I needed a loft for.....stuff. So zoom off on another project. I really want this little girl going I think it will be real fun.

Stock motor but an Alt not the generator, everything else stock. Someone somewhere cut a hole in the dash for a radio, so I will leave that no matter how it pains me.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
My roomate in college had a Pontiac Fiero way back in the day......sucker held like 5 or 6 Gallons of coolant if I remember right.
Cool VW project BTW, we used to drag race them (and still do a bit) I sold the dedicated drag car 20 years ago but still have a fun 1965 bug.
Found a 1969 Mach 1 project last year that someone had put a bunch of $$ into then let it sit for 5 years. Got a good deal on her and it should make a fun project with my kids. Fresh 408 stroker Windsor with a new Tremec T5 5 speed. Tons of new parts included, but still a long way to go to get it road worthy. Photo of the day we rolled it out of they guys storage shed.
1965 VW.jpg
Mustang 69.jpg

Maybe these guys could use some help from the snowmobile boys who've perfected 2-stroke turbo builds.. would love to see this beast come to fruition

Reactions: gigamortis
The bug is a 63. I was rolling pretty well on it till I got tired of tripping over stuff and decided I needed a loft for.....stuff. So zoom off on another project. I really want this little girl going I think it will be real fun.

Stock motor but an Alt not the generator, everything else stock. Someone somewhere cut a hole in the dash for a radio, so I will leave that no matter how it pains me.
They are fun. I’m debating on doing an EJ swap on my 66
298C35DA-B56F-4189-A30B-9DF433407E99.jpeg

Reactions: gigamortis
My roomate in college had a Pontiac Fiero way back in the day......sucker held like 5 or 6 Gallons of coolant if I remember right.
Cool VW project BTW, we used to drag race them (and still do a bit) I sold the dedicated drag car 20 years ago but still have a fun 1965 bug.
Found a 1969 Mach 1 project last year that someone had put a bunch of $$ into then let it sit for 5 years. Got a good deal on her and it should make a fun project with my kids. Fresh 408 stroker Windsor with a new Tremec T5 5 speed. Tons of new parts included, but still a long way to go to get it road worthy. Photo of the day we rolled it out of they guys storage shed.View attachment 8039053View attachment 8039054

Looks a little like my old car, but it had a shaker hood. Traded it even up for a 70 Torino Cobra. Out of all the cars I have had it is the only one I wish I had back. A while back the wife and I sat down and went down the list of motor vehicles to exclude tractors. IIRC the number came in at 63 different cars and bikes.

Good luck with the project.

Don't really want to do a downer on the thread but I think it needs saying.....

Inlaws flipped their lid when they found out I am looking to build a loft. Told the wife he is getting old, you have the money pay someone to do it, if you need the space just buy one of those shipping containers.....no no and no. These two people (really the mother in law) are full on "life is over" downsizing getting rid of stuff, don't do anything. I can't do that, not yet and I do see ever. I must always be doing. When I was really down with back issues, and I was down in more ways then one the wife bought me a model car to build. You can't build your real stuff now but you can build this. It really helped me find myself again....I was making something.....I was creating. Now that I can move a bit again.....a loft that should take a weekend to build with my son will likely take me a month, but I am not in a hurry, we will stop when I run out of gas, and hit it again when I feel better, he said that can be my Christmas gift. Cool, daughter in law wants to help too.

Perhaps I will get to the point where I want to do nothing in an assisted living apartment. Perhaps I will die under a car somewhere, I think I will be more happy if that happens.

Some SWEET rides in here. Power to weight ration on this old Kawasaki Z1000 makes her fun to beat on...130ish HP at 450ish lbs definitely keeps me in check, most of the time.

Attachments

• PXL_20220816_011223141.jpg
    PXL_20220816_011223141.jpg
    649.9 KB · Views: 28

Summernats (summer nationals) 35 is on in Australia, for those interested. Have to drag past a few crap bits, but burnout qual and HP heroes are in there. Also lots of cruising.

Summernats (summer nationals) 35 is on in Australia, for those interested. Have to drag past a few crap bits, but burnout qual and HP heroes are in there. Also lots of cruising.

Do you guys not do the multi-car sort of figure 8 track burnout events anymore? I remember watching some videos years ago when the guys from HRM went to Australia for an event.

ETA:
Some Australian punk, and whom knew Putin plays bass in a Aussie punk band :p

I'm not a huge car guy, and never been to Summernats. I know a few years ago they have to change some events because someone died. Not sure if this was the same event, or blanket insurance thing, or whatever. Maybe someone else knows ?

Pretty exciting day for me. Pulled this turd out of the weeds in August.
20221230_163428.jpg

Hadn't ran since 97, 4 flat tires, 4 blown shocks, 4 seized calipers, shot clutch slave and master cylinder, junk brake master, missing sensors, dead fuel pump, cracked rubber hoses everywhere, no battery, dead starter, seized window motors, junk vacuum lines, seat rails were rusted into powder, no electronics working, no maintenance records, someone before the era of google tried to get it running and made a mess, plus a bunch of other problems I can't remember.

At this point I've been through most every system on the car short of clutch/transaxle. I managed to rebuild a ton of components rather than just replacing them, got all the lights/electrics working, put tires on it, fixed a ton of shit, deleted all the primitive and non functioning emissions systems, caught up on all the regular maintenance stuff, timing, plugs/wires, fluids, filters, belts etc.

Took it on its maiden voyage today, about 30 miles without so much as a hiccup. Handles great, love the lack of PS and the fact that it's an involving driving experience that demands your attention. Pulls a little harder than I thought it would given its lack of power. The vintage feel makes it a lot more fun than you would think if you were looking at a spec sheet.

I have a more or less road worthy car now, just needs brake pads all the way around. Now to make it look respectable and replace all the sun baked interior parts.