• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Horus Reticle into USO?

Shibumi

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2004
Las Vegas
I know USO can install a Horus H-38 into the scope at time of production, but can it be installed after production?
Does it compromise the integrity?
Does it still cost $400 to install later as time of production?

Re: Horus Reticle into USO?

I was intially trained on Mildot, but you cannot beat the Horus concept for multiple target engagement.
When you have the corner on a market, you can charge more than you probably should.

I've been eyeballing the H25 myself. I love the idea of mil/mil simplicity with the bonus of an <span style="text-decoration: line-through">moa</span> IPHY ranging graph!

Even better. I wasn't sure and was too lazy to check, thanks Lindy. IPHY is my go-to anyway, as I have a USO type 1.

what's 5% amonst friends (other than a hit or miss at distance
wink.gif
)?

I can't say, Phil. I've never seen an H-38, and there is no information about it in the reticle section on the HorusVision web site.

I researched the H38 when there was a used USO with one up a while back. Basically it looks like the H25, but crowded almost up to the top of the FOV to use for ELR shooting.

I am told on good authority that Doc76251 is the man with the answers.

I use the Horus reticles in my USO scopes and love them. I'm not in love with the H38, it covers up too much FOV IMO. I like the H-25 / H-27 type reticles b/c at full mag, you still have a lot of viewing area at the top to watch hits (or misses in my case).

John can retrofit your scope with the reticle, but with the cost of the reticle being so high, and the charge to swap it, you'd prolly be better off selling your scope and ordering another set up how you like it...

Shibumi,

Concerning H-38 and H-25 reticles.

Don't forget that since you will have a USO and hopefully dead nuts reliable turrets,that you can always dial up to say,(example)= a 1000 yard sight in zero with the main cross hair,reset the ballistic program to reflect that 1000 yard zero and then you can use the H-25 for ELR distances.If you got to use all 40 mils on the H-25 reticle + the 1000 yard zero then you might need to invest in some type of artillery,LOL.

Steve

This of course depends on the scope desired.
I was told that the H-25 is not available for a 3.8-22 ERGO.
The hybrid method explained above would work great.

I have USO's with the H25 - 17x and a H37 - 25X let me know if you need any other pictures to compare.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BeagleStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have USO's with the H25 - 17x and a H37 - 25X let me know if you need any other pictures to compare. </div></div>

Awesome! Can you show a H37 at 17x? And a minimum/maximum magnification, 3.2x/3.8x, 17x/22x, of the same target?
Any chance they're illuminated? Does it illuminate the entire thing?
As interested as I am in the H37, I'm worried that it might "clutter" and be hard to use at lower magnifications. As much as I'd like to have higher magnification power in case I need it, I'm wondering how much FoV they would give.

I will post them tonight when I get home from work. The H25 seems to work better illuminated. It looks just like the Horusvision website says it should light up. My H37 seems to bloom a little more. I bought it used here on the Hide a few weeks ago, I will pick up a fresh battery for the H37 on my way home just to make sure that is not the cause.

Both of them are very hard to use on low magnification. They are just too small to see... for my eyes anyway. My pictures will show you what I mean. On the other hand, this can also be a positive. For tracking at low magnification I think they almost disappear. You just look past it, and it is not distracting or busy at all.

So tonight I wil post a picture of:

H25 at 3.2, 10 and 17x + an illuminated shot
H37 at 5, 10, 17 and 25x + an illuminated shot

Is that what you need?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BeagleStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will post them tonight when I get home from work. The H25 seems to work better illuminated. It looks just like the Horusvision website says it should light up. My H37 seems to bloom a little more. I bought it used here on the Hide a few weeks ago, I will pick up a fresh battery for the H37 on my way home just to make sure that is not the cause.

Both of them are very hard to use on low magnification. They are just too small to see... for my eyes anyway. My pictures will show you what I mean. On the other hand, this can also be a positive. For tracking at low magnification I think they almost disappear. You just look past it, and it is not distracting or busy at all.

So tonight I wil post a picture of:

H25 at 3.2, 10 and 17x + an illuminated shot
H37 at 5, 10, 17 and 25x + an illuminated shot

Is that what you need? </div></div>

Yes, sir! Preferably have them focused on the same target/distance. Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

WOW that was the most frustrating 1 hour I have spent trying to do something in a while. I have taken pictures in the past through a scope but never 8 pictures through two different scopes at different magnifications, during dusk, during a rain. I will tray again tomorrow for the day time shots and will try again in a little while for the illuminated shots. I will get you something tonight!

Ok so here is what I took yesterday. It looks better on the computer then it did on the camera so I will go ahead and post it. I will try again tonight.

H25-17x.jpg

USO SN3 H25 - 3.2x

H25-32x.jpg

USO SN3 H25 - 17x

H37-5x.jpg

USO SN3 H37 - 5x

H37-25x.jpg

USO SN3 H37 - 25x

LOL,And to think that with a 100 yard zero I only need line 6.4 for 1000 yards.

Sure are plenty of lines left after that for ELR shooting.

Steve

I'm with JRose, I'd rather get a new setup versus trying to refit an H25. I'm a bit hesitant with Horus's quality as they aren't able to produce reticle that will pass USO's QA.

Hopefully USO will be able to produce it for them; that way I know I'll be getting high quality. As for now I couldn't wait so I opted for the Gen 2 XR.

Based on JRose's collection I'll be building up an AR10 with a USO optic ***fingers crossed*** with H25 ret.