• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hot weather pants?

BoilerUP

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2011
Floyd Co, IN
What are the Hide's preferred hot weather pants?

Not necessarily looking for tacticool...something I can wear while hiking or mowing or doing other work-type things when shorts aren't practical and its 95 degrees outside.

I have a pair of Columbia Flex ROC pants and they're okay for $40, but I'd like something that breathes/dries better.

Reactions: MxTexas
Sitka, first lite, kuiu all have hot weather hunting stuff. Most of them come in solid colors instead of camo too.

I have a few pairs at home that I've worn all across China and South East Asia during the summer and they work great. We are talking 120 degree heat and a lot of humidity and moisture. You could jump in the pool with them on and an hour later they will be dry.

They are made from some light weight rip stop material I think. I think they are Carhartt but I can't remember until I can check later on tonight.

Several companies make similar products out of the same material. I will check and get back with you later.

I've worn Crye Precision and Patagonia field and combat pants in swampy ass Florida, South America and also in the Middle East well into the upper 100s in all 3 continents.

The Field pants are a lot less tacticool looking, but you'll need to buy them brand new in black/grey/coyote from Crye or resellers. If you didn't mind a tiny bit of tacticool look you can get AOR2 or Multicam pants easily and cheaply on eBay

I think the combat pants have the better cut and G3s are much more flexible but even in solid colors look tacticool. Found they breathed a little better, and the "Cryefire" (Dri-fire) stuff felt even better.

Aside from those I have a few pairs of Sitka Ascents that are stretchy in the right places, dry stupidly fast, and won't make you look like a state sponsored goofball

This is going to sound weird, but I use lightweight sweatpants when doing yard work. I have a lot of trimming to do so I just wear these to do the entire job. The cotton weave lets a lot of air in and out.

Get them without the elastic banding around the pant's leg.

check out RailRiders. very tough and a a number of options in terms of weight an dmount of protection, e.g. double layer seats, knees, etc.

kuiu Tiburon is a great hot weather pant, it's better than sitka ascents in warm weather, and ascents are pretty good. tiburons breath really well, plus have vent zips. i doubt there is a better hot weather pant out there.

i think the first lite corrugate lite would be pretty good too, probably on par with ascents. i'm gonna buy a pair for next year. i love corrugates but they are a little too heavy for the heat in September.

I get the lapg pants when they have em on sale and wear them a lot. I destroy pants on job sites and after killing many Columbia pants @ $45 a pop, I tried the lapg ones I can get for $20 or $25 and then when I kill em, I don't cry about it. They are pretty light weight and not too hot, and they fit well for those of us without much butt to hold pants up once you start sweating.

Prana and Kuhl are what I wear daily.
Breathe very well and dry quickly.
I was knee deep in mud and water the other day at 9 am. By 10 the prana pants were dry. Just be careful of the style. Damn slim fit skinny are more common than they should be.

Reactions: straightandtrue
Columbia Silveridge are very very lightweight and thin

suitable for hiking, camping, but NOT for tactical usage

keeps bugs away, closest thing to not wearing pants, useful pockets, super lightweight material

strong for lightweight material, but nowhere near jeans durable

I've had multiple pairs for years. 2 rips so far, but snagged on brush that might've torn denim.

I’ve got several brands such as Sitka, Kuhl, Prana, & Patagonia which are all quality gear but when it’s really scorching outside will second the Kuiu Tiberon recommendation - fantastic HOT weather pants but they’re pricey. Kuiu had some on sale last week so just ordered another pair for this TX heatwave we’re locked in.

You have to ask???
Bze7OppCEAAFK7L.jpg

Last edited:
No way I'd ruin top tier pants while working outside.

Wrangler ripstop cargos are my go to. I have bought used lightweight 5.11s and tru spec cheap, they last a little longer.

I like my boys to stay cool in the heat so I just cut a crotch hole in my boxer briefs and let my package swing in the breeze. I ain't scare-t.

We call hot weather pants down here "shorts". Or for the backwoods types that like jeans there is a modification called "Jorts".

Reactions: beetroot
kuiu Tiburon is a great hot weather pant, it's better than sitka ascents in warm weather, and ascents are pretty good. tiburons breath really well, plus have vent zips. i doubt there is a better hot weather pant out there.

i think the first lite corrugate lite would be pretty good too, probably on par with ascents. i'm gonna buy a pair for next year. i love corrugates but they are a little too heavy for the heat in September.
Been on the fence a out order tiburons.

My go to pants for the heat have been the Makers L5 Pant from Beyondclothing.
What they don’t show you on the website is that there is stretchy material (cordura nylon) in the “crotch” area rather the rest of the pants. It keeps things dry. The company typically have frequent sales so the pants are typically lower than right now.

I’ve never seen a roofer or someone pouring concrete in fancy pants and they seem to do it just fine
Child support is a real thing

Kuhl, dont look back

Wranglers and Duluth are disposable pants

The dickies double knee work pants worked best for me. Loose fit, breathed just enough, and could kind of handle some the welding i do. I preferred them over denim and even carharts, especially when wearing work coveralls.

I wear shorts 99.99999% of the time and typically can't wear trousers on hot days/in the summer without being extremely uncomfortable.

I bought some Camo-tec lizard trousers which are very lightweight and breathable which are the most comfortable trousers i have ever worn.

Unfortunately they are/were made in the Ukraine so not sure what the availability is like....

...something I can wear while hiking or mowing or doing other work-type things when shorts aren't practical and its 95 degrees outside.
This all revolves around abrasion resistance...if you need it or if you don't

Kuhl Konfidant Air are amazing for hot weather. They’ve got vents in the back of the leg as well as side zip pockets that open up for air flow. By far the best hot hiking/outdoor pants I’ve tried. I’ve got a bunch of their other pants too but they don’t breathe quite like the konfidant air. Also made in Vietnam and not fucking China. Crazy light weight too and I’ve slide down rock faces with them and haven’t messed them up.

I’ve got Kuhl pants that are 10 years old and I’ve yet to wear a pair out or had to test out their lifetime warranty.

I’m a big fan of the renegade, silencer, and kanvus too.