• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

House Judiciary passed a high cap magazine ban last night

One more thing, if 1000 rds per caliber is enough then you must not shoot much. Depending on what we are talking about shooting here I can blow through that in a training session. And this is supposed to last like a lifetime?

I’m going to assume he was stating that 1,000rds per is for reserve/stock, which is more than enough for one person.

When you start talking rounds to last a lifetime, there are a multiple issues that can pop up. Storage environment, transport/moving residences, barrel changes over the years with future twist rates not being optimal, how many have you tested of the lifetime lot, are they stored in mags or still in the bulk box/bag, have you inspected all of them to ensure they aren’t defective (common with bulk/cheap ammo that most stockpile), etc.

If stored in mags, when was the last time you maintained/inspected the mags, have you tested all of the mags for function in your system before loading and storing, etc.

If not stored in mags, are they loose or on stripper clips? If loose, why and where are the designated mags for loading and are you hand-jamming 1,000 loose rds? If on stripper clips, how many speed loaders do you have, where are they, have you tested with them/are they compatible with your mags, etc.

Is the ammo/mags stored in cans or in a dedicated go bag? Are they sorted/stored in a certain way or are they just thrown into a pack? Are you able to actually pick up the bag and walk up a flight of stairs or 100’ without breathing heavily? Can your e-scooter carry that much weight?

This is just a scratch into the rust-covered “lifetime boogaloo SOP” binder that most owners never crack open or even have. ...which is why it’s always so laughable when people talk about stockpiling or gearing up for dat boogaloo.

Attachments

• 61131A00-6656-447C-8BC6-01CACA0EBE85.jpeg
    61131A00-6656-447C-8BC6-01CACA0EBE85.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: TACC
I’m going to assume he was stating that 1,000rds per is for reserve/stock, which is more than enough for one person.

When you start talking rounds to last a lifetime, there are a multiple issues that can pop up. Storage environment, transport/moving residences, barrel changes over the years with future twist rates not being optimal, how many have you tested of the lifetime lot, are they stored in mags or still in the bulk box/bag, have you inspected all of them to ensure they aren’t defective (common with bulk/cheap ammo that most stockpile), etc.

If stored in mags, when was the last time you maintained/inspected the mags, have you tested all of the mags for function in your system before loading and storing, etc.

If not stored in mags, are they loose or on stripper clips? If loose, why and where are the designated mags for loading and are you hand-jamming 1,000 loose rds? If on stripper clips, how many speed loaders do you have, where are they, have you tested with them/are they compatible with your mags, etc.

Is the ammo/mags stored in cans or in a dedicated go bag? Are they sorted/stored in a certain way or are they just thrown into a pack? Are you able to actually pick up the bag and walk up a flight of stairs or 100’ without breathing heavily? Can your e-scooter carry that much weight?

This is just a scratch into the rust-covered “lifetime boogaloo SOP” binder that most owners never crack open or even have. ...which is why it’s always so laughable when people talk about stockpiling or gearing up for dat boogaloo.

I can easily answer yes to all of your questions except the e-scooter. Lmao. I only ask these questions for conversation because I find it interesting or entertaining. Why the downplay to the conversation? I guess the real answer is what are you stock piling for? Yes, 1000 rds is plenty if I needed to grab and move it quickly, but if it’s to last another 40+ years of recreational shooting then that’s laughable.

I can easily answer yes to all of your questions except the e-scooter. Lmao. I only ask these questions for conversation because I find it interesting or entertaining. Why the downplay to the conversation? I guess the real answer is what are you stock piling for? Yes, 1000 rds is plenty if I needed to grab and move it quickly, but if it’s to last another 40+ years of recreational shooting then that’s laughable.

Oh I agree...except I put a Ranger shell on my e-scooter and added NOS lol

I usually just assume that people mean “set aside” when they say “I have ___# for each.” Hopefully they don’t mean to include training ammo lol

but if it’s to last another 40+ years of recreational shooting then that’s laughable.

As our friends behind enemy lines in CA recently found out.

The days of them going to the local store an easily picking up 500 to 1000 rounds for them and their friends to go on a weekend range trip just abruptly ended.

Same with the magazines, for the foreseeable future, they are stuck with whatever standard capacity magazines they had before the ban long ago or bought during the short court opened window. Those magazines may be the only standard capacity ones they will be able to legally buy & possess in their state for the rest of their lives.

Don't just stock up on mags and ammo.
Quality LPK, BCG/parts, buffer/spring/tube, favorite stock, trigger.

I plan to have everything but receiver set and hand guard by the time I'm done.
Just remember, no touchy. I know you, after a year, you will go "damn, I almost have a whole rifle sitting here". No! It's for when things are hard to find and your favorite company for parts is out of business because shit got banned and we are all grandfathered.

If anything, buy wear parts. Springs, gas rings, and gas tube and block.

As our friends behind enemy lines in CA recently found out.

The days of them going to the local store an easily picking up 500 to 1000 rounds for them and their friends to go on a weekend range trip just abruptly ended.

Same with the magazines, for the foreseeable future, they are stuck with whatever standard capacity magazines they had before the ban long ago or bought during the short court opened window. Those magazines may be the only standard capacity ones they will be able to legally buy & possess in their state for the rest of their lives.

Only if everyone rolls over, but so far that looks to be likely what would happen.

Reactions: TACC
I require a minimum 1000 rounds on hand at any given time for training and classes. 60-90 rounds per session when practicing informally is the typical consumption rate. I shoot my primary AR once per week on average. Most carbine classes require at least 500-1000+ rounds depending on scope and duration; I try to attend 1-2 classes per year as my schedule allows throughout the year.

Last edited:
I require a minimum 1000 rounds on hand at any given time for training and classes. 60-90 rounds per session when practicing informally is the typical consumption rate. I shoot my primary AR once per week on average. Most carbine classes require at least 500-1000+ rounds depending on scope and duration; I try to attend 1-2 classes per year as my schedule allows.

I also keep a large stock pile of “immediately deplorable” rounds in addition to the above mentioned training rounds and buy large lots of ammo throughout the year.

I want to know how you all pay for all this shit? Y’all must have no kids, no wives, kids out of the house, house paid for, nearing retirement or something. I basically have to save for years, buy what I want, sit on it, shoot a little at a time and rinse and repeat. Wasn’t that bad with only one kid but hell I haven’t done a class or significant training session now for like a year. When I was, as you pointed out, most classes require at least 500 rds. So 1000 rounds per gun is literally nothing. I wish I could shoot 2k a week and afford to maintain my guns and gear along with that but I ain’t rolling that deep. Oh and I’m by no means poor...lol so you guys must really be rolling.

I require a minimum 1000 rounds on hand at any given time for training and classes. 60-90 rounds per session when practicing informally is the typical consumption rate. I shoot my primary AR once per week on average. Most carbine classes require at least 500-1000+ rounds depending on scope and duration; I try to attend 1-2 classes per year as my schedule allows.

I also keep a large stock pile of “immediately deplorable” rounds in addition to the above mentioned training rounds and buy large lots of ammo throughout the year.

And you post this? On a public forum?

Hey, rock on bruh...

@SilentStalkr I don’t have any kids (and don’t want them) so for me that perhaps explains to some extent, the availability of funds.

My primary hobbies are shooting and camping/hiking and that’s where a lot of my disposable income goes. My SR25 and DD AR account for the bulk of my ammo consumption (like 80% between the two of them). Rest goes to bolt guns and side arms...I also budget for associated gear and kit (belts, packs, etc) and on-boarding new systems as needed (rifle, optic, loading equipment, misc)

Last edited:
Reactions: broncoaz
And you post this? On a public forum?

Hey, rock on bruh...

How’s this any different than folks posting YouTube videos of themselves shooting, etc or any of the thousands of threads in this and similar forums across the web?

The more often you shoot the more ammo you require.

How’s this any different than folks posting YouTube videos of themselves shooting, etc or any of the thousands of threads in this and similar forums across the web?

The more often you shoot the more ammo you require.

No different at all. They’re all dumb asses for posting shit like that. But hey, do what makes you happy.

I’m always game when folks want to draw attention to themselves...as long as I’m not standing anywhere near them. Especially when that attention draws incoming...

No different at all. They’re all dumb asses for posting shit like that. But hey, do what makes you happy.

I’m always game when folks want to draw attention to themselves...as long as I’m not standing anywhere near them. Especially when that attention draws incoming...

I understand the merits of that argument and agree with you overall. Given the context of what’s going perhaps it’s not the most prudent thing to discuss/disclose, even on this forum. Fucking political environment really is really bad right now. I’ll review and adjust accordingly

I want to know how you all pay for all this shit? Y’all must have no kids, no wives, kids out of the house, house paid for, nearing retirement or something. I basically have to save for years, buy what I want, sit on it, shoot a little at a time and rinse and repeat. Wasn’t that bad with only one kid but hell I haven’t done a class or significant training session now for like a year. When I was, as you pointed out, most classes require at least 500 rds. So 1000 rounds per gun is literally nothing. I wish I could shoot 2k a week and afford to maintain my guns and gear along with that but I ain’t rolling that deep. Oh and I’m by no means poor...lol so you guys must really be rolling.

No shit right? I thought I was ballin by shooting 60-100rds of 308 match and 100-200rds of 9mm recreationally per week (comps not included). I'm a fucking pleb compared to some of these dudes.

I think most are retired or are in their older years where the kids are out of the house and they have a retirement check or two coming in. Then there are those that are just fuckin ballers. ...and then the rest are full of shit. Just like how everyone shoots sub-mom all day but you rarely ever meet anyone at the range who can group 1.5-5" lol
Pay cash. No trail.

Buy components with cash; even better.

There is no escaping a trail in 2019.

Pay cash. No trail.

Buy components with cash; even better.
I like the idea....
But I fear it’s far too late to bother now in my case.

I generally paid cash when I could to not leave a paper trail for the wife!
But I married one that can count - so THAT strategy soon failed also.
But hey, at least she didn’t grumble THAT loud while I was teaching her how to reload her own stuff.
(Years ago of course...)

Reactions: TACC and 10ring'r
No shit right? I thought I was ballin by shooting 60-100rds of 308 match and 100-200rds of 9mm recreationally per week (comps not included). I'm a fucking pleb compared to some of these dudes.

I think most are retired or are in their older years where the kids are out of the house and they have a retirement check or two coming in. Then there are those that are just fuckin ballers. ...and then the rest are full of shit. Just like how everyone shoots sub-mom all day but you rarely ever meet anyone at the range who can group 1.5-5" lol

There is no escaping a trail in 2019.

I’ll shoot sub mom all day as long as it’s a MILF in a half. Lmao. Nah for real, I don’t keep any rifle or set up I cant shoot sub moa with. Easy with a precision rig, good scope, bipod and bags. Not so easy with my aging eyes and standing offhand with an AR at 200yds. But yeah, I hear you!

Last edited:
I like the idea....
But I fear it’s far too late to bother now in my case.

I generally paid cash when I could to not leave a paper trail for the wife!
But I married one that can count - so THAT strategy soon failed also.
But hey, at least she didn’t grumble THAT loud while I was teaching her how to reload her own stuff.
(Years ago of course...)
Even so, misinformation is a good thing. Not everything being tracked, leaves surprise on your side when they think they “know” exactly what you have.

When you can’t escape notice, you still have some power over what they notice. Misdirection is a powerful tool if done correctly.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
If there is one thing everyone gets wrong about zombie apocalypse, and "boogaloo" events.

No one thinks THEY will be a zombie.
No one thinks they'll die in the first half hour.

The best laid plans and all that jazz.

How many fargin rifles can you tote?
How much ammo can/should you tote?

If the boogaloo comes, "recreational" shooting is over for at least a good long while.

You better be learning how to use rat traps and hone your 22rimfire skills.
And.....
How to fucking hide.

It ain’t ballin, it’s proper planning. Dual income, No kids (hate them), no debt except a (largish) mortgage and a single car payment, a wife who loves shooting (and me) means that a significant portion of discretionary income can go towards hobbies. I put 15% into Roth retirement, pay my bills, $500 extra to the mortgage monthly, and the rest is ours. I shoot 2-4 times a month and buy cool shit as needed.

Sometimes income is the problem, but often spending is the bigger issue. I’m not judging anyone but look at the crap that steals your money each month and cut costs: Cable tv, streaming service subscriptions, daily trips to Starbucks, buying lunch at work daily/other restaurant spending, huge cell phone plan. I haven’t had cable tv in 7 years, I brown bag my lunch, cheap phone plan, etc. How expensive is your car, did you buy what you needed or what you wanted? I want a new Ford Raptor, but a $1100 monthly payment and shitty MPG would negatively effect my discretionary income, so I drive a paid for 2015 VW Passat TDI at 40 mpg.

I require a minimum 1000 rounds on hand at any given time for training and classes. 60-90 rounds per session when practicing informally is the typical consumption rate. I shoot my primary AR once per week on average. Most carbine classes require at least 500-1000+ rounds depending on scope and duration; I try to attend 1-2 classes per year as my schedule allows throughout the year.
1000-2000 rounds on hand at any given time?

That's so cute. ?

#buymoreammo

Reactions: W54/XM-388
It ain’t ballin, it’s proper planning. Dual income, No kids (hate them), no debt except a (largish) mortgage and a single car payment, a wife who loves shooting (and me) means that a significant portion of discretionary income can go towards hobbies. I put 15% into Roth retirement, pay my bills, $500 extra to the mortgage monthly, and the rest is ours. I shoot 2-4 times a month and buy cool shit as needed.

Sometimes income is the problem, but often spending is the bigger issue. I’m not judging anyone but look at the crap that steals your money each month and cut costs: Cable tv, streaming service subscriptions, daily trips to Starbucks, buying lunch at work daily/other restaurant spending, huge cell phone plan. I haven’t had cable tv in 7 years, I brown bag my lunch, cheap phone plan, etc. How expensive is your car, did you buy what you needed or what you wanted? I want a new Ford Raptor, but a $1100 monthly payment and shitty MPG would negatively effect my discretionary income, so I drive a paid for 2015 VW Passat TDI at 40 mpg.

How many rounds per session are you shooting? I’m doing alright. I save about $2500 a month and am trying to save right now for a basement/vault remodel which is draining all of my funds. Once this is paid for and the stuff around the house is paid for then I should be good again. But then there is the $11k I should be maxing out in my ROTHs, kids college savings, Christmas, kids extracurriculars, reg bills and so on. Like you I really only have a mortgage and one car payment. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of buying a Jeep. Love it, but my wife’s is starting to give us some issues and it’s only 6 years old with roughly 130k on it. I’m a toyota guy. Last two I got rid of were still going strong with over 400k on them and all I ever did was change the oil, tires, brakes and so on.

How many rounds per session are you shooting? I’m doing alright. I save about $2500 a month and am trying to save right now for a basement/vault remodel which is draining all of my funds. Once this is paid for and the stuff around the house is paid for then I should be good again. But then there is the $11k I should be maxing out in my ROTHs, kids college savings, Christmas, kids extracurriculars, reg bills and so on. Like you I really only have a mortgage and one car payment. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of buying a Jeep. Love it, but my wife’s is starting to give us some issues and it’s only 6 years old with roughly 130k on it. I’m a toyota guy. Last two I got rid of were still going strong with over 400k on them and all I ever did was change the oil, tires, brakes and so on.

I shoot approximately 400 rounds of 9mm and 100 rounds of 5.56 per indoor range session, mostly drills and such. Outdoors I usually shoot 2-400 9mm, 100 5.56, and 40-60 .308. I haven’t been saving as much as I ‘d like recently. I paid off my $17K car in 16 months, paid off a $25K 401K loan (went towards house down payment) in 19 months, and now I’m attacking the principle on her SUV. In the past 3 months since I paid off my car and the 401K loan I purchased a Bergara B14 6.5, Magpul chassis, Razor Gen 2, etc. With all the political shit recently I’ve been spending probably $2K per month since May on 2A related things unrelated to my new bolt rifle. Damn Targetsportsusa and their good prices! I want to take a break from buying anything for a quarter and see how much I can save, but I always seem to need more ammo or something.

We have two VW diesels, but they come with significant extra warranties due to dieselgate. I generally don’t keep a daily driver car past 100K, but my Passat has warranty to 162K or 2026. I’ll likely move into a truck when her SUV is paid off in another 18 months, likely not the Raptor I want but something more practical. I’m looking to sell my 2006 Dodge 2500 diesel and do the LS swap in my 1987 Bronco, but those aren’t daily drivers. Selling the Dodge would pay off the majority of her SUV...