• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

How bad could it be? Boyd's Tacticool

darth_ritis

money hater
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 19, 2013
    Frederick, CO
    I have a Savage Mark II TR .22LR trainer rifle, which has a Boyd's Tacticool stock. My Remington 700 short action 7mm-08 rifle has an "H-S Precision Pro-Series 2000 Sendero Varmint A1 Tactical Full Bull" stock. I actually like the contour of the Boyd's stock much better than the HS Precision, it's very comfortable to me. The Savage is also very accurate - the barrel is fully floated although the top of the stock fore end has a tiny bit of flex.

Boyd's makes a version of the same Tacticool (horrible name) stock for Remington 700 short action rifles, and it's only ~$100. So ... how bad could it be? Has anyone ever tried this stock on a long distance centerfire rifle?

The centerfire Tacticools have a different forearm than rimfire Tacticools (which are sorta A5 clones).

There's a couple threads around here about the Tacticool, and the general consensus seems to be "They aren't a Manners or McMillan, but just work."

The centerfire Tacticools have a different forearm than rimfire Tacticools (which are sorta A5 clones).

There's a couple threads around here about the Tacticool, and the general consensus seems to be "They aren't a Manners or McMillan, but just work."

I was just noticing how similar it is to the A5. Not a bad model to clone.

Sorry for not finding other threads, the search on this site hates me, I'm always either rejected for invalid search criteria or I get 50 pages of results to wade through.

I took a chance with a Tacticool for my CZ. It was not aligned and was forced to modify the stock to fit the receiver(could have been mine was defective but doubt it). At the end the trigger guard cut out on the stock was about 1/2 an inch off and it showed. It's sitting on my shelf now. Bought a manners from CZ directly and that fit like a glove. Bottom line you get what you pay for. Hope this helps.