• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

how could this been avoided

A friend o mine, Bill Edwards, Constable in Llano County Tx posted this on his Facebook page. While I think there are way too many unjustified police shootings, and way too few prosecutions for those wrongful shootings, this gives a good look into the job, and the result of the stresses involved.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lucas Jackson/Reuters

Police officer Brian Post recognized the 16-year-old girl lying face down in the grass at the Whispering Pines apartment complex in Lynnwood, Washington. He had gotten to know her in recent weeks, helping her obtain a restraining order against her abusive ex-boyfriend. Now, here was Sangeeta Lal, unconscious, with two bullets in her chest.

He knew she was a good kid. Brian had spoken to Sangeeta over the phone just a few hours earlier. He knew her mom worked the early shift, and she would be alone. He promised he would come immediately if anything went wrong.

The call came into 911 at 4:18 a.m. that someone was breaking into her apartment. James McCray, 21, had arrived dressed in dark clothes and a red and black stocking cap, according to police reports. He chased Sangeeta outside. “Please don’t,” neighbors heard Sangeeta scream, before he shot her.

Brian didn’t make it to the complex in time. He found her sprawled just beyond the sliding glass door of her neighbor’s apartment. He looked up and saw a little girl peering through a window at the teenager in the grass. He felt Sangeeta’s neck. It pulsed, and pulsed again. Then, no more. He touched her face.

“I know who the guy is, and I know where he went,” Brian told his partner. As the officers moved in on apartment 265 with weapons drawn, James looked out of the window and killed himself with a single bullet.

It was 1995, and for the next 19 years, Brian would blame himself for not being closer to Whispering Pines, for not saving Sangeeta. Brian was 31 when she was killed, and had been an officer for five years.

“She was in the worst environment, and she was trying,” said Brian, now 50. “You never know when you’ve saved a life, but you know when you’ve lost one.”

Sangeeta’s death marked the beginning of a downward spiral in Brian’s health, spurred on by a psychologically and physically challenging law enforcement career. Brian had been a healthy and fit ex-airborne infantry soldier when he began his policing career. But he eventually developed hypertension, anxiety, peripheral neuropathy, hearing loss, arthritis, and post-traumatic stress disorder.

When he was starting out, Brian says he wasn’t warned of how the career could do such damage. In 2012, an unprecedented study of 464 police officers, published in the International Journal of Emergency Mental Health linked officers’ stress with increased levels of sleep disorders, Hodgkin's lymphoma, brain cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and suicide.

Other studies have found that between 7 and 19 percent of active duty police have PTSD, while MRIs of police officers’ brains have found a connection between experiencing trauma and a reduction in areas that play roles in emotional and cognitive decision-making, memory, fear, and stress regulation.

In squad rooms full of cops, Brian would compare blood pressure meds with his colleagues. Most, if not all, of the police he knew with more than 10 years of service were dealing some kind of medical or psychological issue.

At night, Brian would hide his drinking from his wife. He went from sipping whiskey, to downing cheap 100-proof vodka.

“You see nothing but bodies, I swear, dead people,” he said. “Car accidents, hangings, suicides, murders, SIDS deaths.” He remembered a diabetic who killed himself by overdosing on chocolate. And then there was the conversation with a tongue-pierced meth user with an enlarged heart who had told Brian, “I’m white trash until the day I die.” He assaulted people in a parking lot and died in custody after deputies restrained him. The next day, Brian found himself close to fainting after viewing the autopsy photos of the same kid’s esophagus, and pierced tongue.

“I was so angry at this one woman for dying, that I yelled at her,” he said. “I just didn’t want to see another dead body…I should have recognized at that point, it’s time for me to back up.”

Years passed, and every once in while, Brian would Google Sangeeta Lal’s name. He wondered who else remembered her. He wondered if anyone had memorialized her.

Every few years, I would Google Sangeeta’s name too.

She was my friend, and high school classmate. We were the same age. Like the rest of her friends, I had known about her abusive boyfriend, who was gang affiliated, and how she had broken it off, which only enraged him more.

Sangeeta had the face of a child, round and cheeky, with long wavy black hair that she smoothed down with coconut oil. She usually showed up to school in lipstick the same shade as her nails, and jeans four sizes too big for her 5-foot frame, cuffed at the bottoms and held up with a long belt. Her family had relocated from Fiji to our town 22 minutes north of Seattle.

Our campus sat between a grove of evergreen trees on one side, and a run-down mall on the other. It had all of the makings of a public school caught in the throes of a changing urban city. Gangs had begun infiltrating the area, and with them came the occasional drive-by shooting, drug deal, or murder. My freshman year, murders, robberies, rapes, and assaults jumped by 18.4 percent in our county from the previous year, according to The Seattle Times, and our 29,000-resident city of Lynnwood had the highest crime rate in the county per capita that year—about 110 crimes committed for every 1,000 residents.

Sangeeta’s apartment complex was about five minutes away from mine. Police referred to Whispering Pines as “Whispering Crimes,” Brian later said. On slow nights, officers would drive through the complex and inevitably find someone breaking the law. Sangeeta’s single mother worked an early shift at the Nintendo of America headquarters in Redmond, Washington.

Sangeeta was killed on the same day that Timothy McVeigh blew up the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, killing 168.

That afternoon, I waited for news of Sangeeta’s death to come over the television set. But all channels went back to firefighters and frantic parents in Oklahoma. When the newspaper mentioned the murder-suicide the next day, it printed her age wrong. It said she was in her late teens, or maybe 20. It didn’t mention her name at all. So I wrote a front-page story about Sangeeta for The Royal Gazette, our high school newspaper. She was the first person I had known and cared about who died violently, and the first death I ever covered as a journalist.

I would go on to become a national reporter, covering many more shootings, deaths, and high profile news events. Sixteen years after Sangeeta died, I ended up writing about a college class on death. It was in New Jersey, taught by Dr. Norma Bowe, a registered nurse who also held a master’s degree in health administration, a Ph.D. in community health policy. I also became a student in her class.

“Most of you are here for a reason,” the professor said on the first day. “Maybe someone’s story in this room, or someone’s experience, might press on some scar tissue for you. So that’s okay. We’re sitting in a circle right now because we’re really beginning a bereavement group.”

She gave out the first assignment. Everyone opened up their notebooks and waited for her cue to take notes: “Write a goodbye letter to someone or something that you’ve lost,” she said. “I’d like you to say whatever you need to say to that person and then I’d like you to sign and date the letter. Whatever popped into your head first when I said those words, that’s where you should go.”

“Any questions?” she asked. Students shook their heads and began zipping coats and bags. “Alright, have a good week.”

A few days later, I opened a blank page on my computer screen and sat there for a moment remembering what she had told the class. Then, I began to type: Dear Sangeeta…

I held on to the letter for a couple of years, and then, last December, at the suggestion of the professor, decided to post it online.

In the years after Sangeeta died, Brian continued to self-medicate with alcohol. He sealed off her death, and all of the others, in a mental chamber he tried not to open.

“By sealing off, I mean I let it fester,” he said later. “I went through a very dark time.”

His job continued to plague him. Brian was one of the officers who closed in on Lonnie Cedric Davis, who went on killing spree in Shoreline, Washington, in 1999. Davis stabbed his mother and 18-month-old nephew to death in their home, before driving 100 miles per hour on the I-5, and crashing into a 64-year-old motorcyclist who lost part of his leg. Davis escaped into a Shoreline neighborhood, breaking the neck of an 82-year-old woman and beating a 63-year-old retired nurse to death.

Brian Post (Courtesy Brian Post)

“He went into a house that had guns in it,” Brian recalled. Police would later find five weapons, including a semiautomatic assault pistol, and lots of ammunition. “Then the fight was on. It lasted a couple of hours… fragments of my round hit him.”

Lonnie fired up to 50 shots at police, until a sniper round finally killed him with a gunshot to the head.

Brian’s drinking worsened. While he was on the force, his mother had died of cancer, his sister had committed suicide, and his father had died in a skydiving accident. His marriage ended.

All of the death. All of the misery. “What’s the point?” He thought those words would be carved into his tombstone.

After 10 years with Lynnwood Police, Brian spent seven years in the sheriff’s department, until one day in 2008, when he came to work drunk.

The sheriff fired him.

He could have given up on life right then. Instead, he gave up on alcohol. It was the last time he drank.

Brian got counseling. But it was too late. He couldn’t get his job back. He went to work for an organization called Safe Call Now instead. Established in 2009 by former police officer Sean Riley, it is a confidential 24-hour crisis referral service for law enforcement and emergency services personnel, which also works with the FBI National Academy Associates Inc. to do mental health training for first responders.

“How do you prepare or train an individual to see 26 children who have been murdered?” Sean said. “Those tragedies. Newtown. Aurora. For any human being, how are they supposed to handle that?”

Sean had previously worked as a homicide and sexual assault detective, and got to the point where he was taking 40 Vicodin a day. Too often, officers will try to cope on their own,” Sean said. “In the profession, they often have been trained to think, “I can’t show weakness, I can’t break down.’ You’ve got this shield, this bullet proof vest, because you have to do your job. Where is your outlet?....You think, ‘Is someone going to report me? Am I going to lose my job?’ You have to keep up this façade.”

Last month in Nevada, Sean led “emotional body armor” training for 30 police and correction officers, dispatchers, and military personnel. Similar trainings take place around the country. After two-and-a-half days, these normally guarded professionals were “crying, reflecting down on their knees in the program,” he said. “We can break them down in about the first hour.”

Five years since Brian was fired from the sheriff’s department, he now answers calls from struggling law enforcement personnel across the nation. The organization averages 70 to 150 calls per month. He can relate to their concerns of not wanting to appear weak.

“You see these bright shiny faces in the academy, and you think, ‘Oh, you poor bastards. You have no idea how fun and how bad this is going to be for you,’” Brian said. “They get to play cops and robbers for real. They get to shoot bullets and drive fast.”

They have no idea yet which lives they will lose.

In February, Brian Googled Sangeeta’s name again.

If she had lived, she would have been 35 years old.

I got an email in my inbox on Feb. 12. It read:

“My name is Brian Post, I'm a "retired" former Lynnwood police officer who knew [Sangeeta]. I was the officer who talked with her about the Protection Order, I tried to stay close to the apartments, and I made sure the other officers on the crew knew about the situation. Unfortunately, I was also the officer who found her and felt her last heart tremor.

There's more I suppose, and I've felt enormous guilt for being so far away... until now I've always been so saddened that there was apparently nothing to memorialize her. It was a lovely letter, I'm glad people will know her name.”

A week later, I met Brian at a Starbucks in Lynnwood. “It’s not Mayberry,” Brian said, referring to the idyllic small town from the Andy Griffith Show. But Lynnwood is a different city now. Crime rates have dropped, and gangs have been quelled. The mall has been upgraded and beautified. The old Lynnwood High School, demolished. A bright, modern high school built not too far away. Wealthier residents have hung on. Families from Somalia, Ethiopia, West Africa, India and beyond have moved in.

Brian towered over me, a barrel of a man with close-cropped blondish-white hair. I could see how he might be intimidating if you met him in a dark alley with his gun, but on this rainy day he seemed gentle.

About two-and-a-half years ago, he went through a period of mourning. He’d thought about trying to reach out to Sangeeta’s mother.

“I don’t think I will ever accept it,” he said. “In my perfect world, I would have been closer…I knew exactly where her apartment was. I’ve thought about how I would have approached him.”

If James had shot at them first, Brian would have swiftly killed him.

Sangeeta’s death changed the way he policed, and he carried her memory with him in every domestic violence case that he encountered. Losing a domestic violence case at trial, or when a victim declined to prosecute, became almost more than he could take. “I became unreasonably frustrated,” he said, “almost panicked, feeling that I'd failed again.”

Brian now teaches firearms and tactics classes, in addition to working with Safe Call Now and Code 4 North West, a similar program aimed at first responders in Washington State. He attends regular therapy, has remained sober, and has overcome his PTSD.

Often, he feels lost in the civilian world. “I still have to admit, I do struggle,” he told me. He still thinks of Sangeeta. He still doesn’t know whose life he may have saved over the years.

But he saved his own, and I am so grateful that he did.

I realized that I got off topic a bit in other posts, it's just that often these LE posts turn into a bashing thread without any understanding from our side on why we do certain things we do. That being said, until you remove the human factor from law enforcement, there will be errors.

That being said, this officer made some errors. It appears that he just made the stop on the vehicle and that he had yet to contact the driver so here is my analysis.

# The se
2cond you see a door open on the vehicle you're stopping you should be giving loud, clear, and simple verbal commands of what you want that driver to do or stop doing.

#4 Identify what the subject has in their hands as best as you can. This one is not as easy for me to list as there are situations where it is not appropriate to wait to see what exactly what an object is. This is one of those areas where experience and training may lead you to skip this step as it is time to act. You really do develop an uncanny "gut" feeling for reading situations the longer you have been on... it's amazing at how you can sense when something is really wrong or something bad is about to happen well before it happens.

I hate to monday morning quarterback another officer, I just think he was not in control of the situation. Maybe he has never had someone get out on a stop on him, I don't know. I will say that older people, especially from the east coast, will sometimes get out just like this guy did because in some areas they used to have to walk back to the officer. That being said, out of thousands of traffic stops I have made I will say that the behavior exhibited by the driver is not typical of a normal traffic stop. In most cases when I've had people get out like this it goes south pretty quickly.

ZM, some good points I hope you are sharing your experience with the less salty officers.

In my opinion (I've had some training / experience in the field)your "gut" feeling is your sub-conscious view of body-language. You've honed yours, and maybe even had professional training on the subject through interviewing techniques training. Our mind is hard wired to recognize body language, but pro training and practice can GREATLY increase its effectiveness. Threats and dishonesty are generally broadcasted loud and clear for those trained and aware.

If you could please, look back at your incidents involving people exiting the vehicle during stops and catalog them into two categories? Those with zero indication of problems prior to the stop, and those with warning flags (e.g. stolen, pursuits etc. ) Thank you. Curious to see the reality of the stops that go south with zero warning.

Besides training. I think giving LE a sense of security would go a long way in these incidents. A ballistic drivers door/ window would be a great start. Ideally it would incorporate a kick down panel at the bottom. I know cost is an issue, but I think the taxpayers would support it from an officer safety standpoint. Providing a "safety zone" would hopefully dial back the fear response and allow better decision making, while increasing officer safety. Patent pending, lol!

Cheers

Vince

That's my mistake, I misread the original story on this issue. It does not negate the fact that the Officer had a duty and responsibility to identify what Mr Canipe had in his hands. Also, I'm 35 years old and I'm damn near deaf, Mr Canipe may very well be too. I'm not saying he didn't make a mistake by getting out of his vehicle, but the officer made a monumental error. He can't claim it was too dark because the fact is the area was lit up like a christmas tree. He had a responsibility to ensure that the driver had a weapon before he used his weapon. Failure to comply with orders given by a peace officer is not cause to use deadly force. Lets take the argument further, if Mr Canipe had intended to use his cane as a weapon and assault the officer, the officer still would not be justified in using deadly force. Any way you slice it, this officer made a grievous mistake in drawing and firing his weapon. Unfortunately for him, it's a mistake he may be paying for, for a long time. I was watching Gangster Squad earlier, one of the men in it said something very applicable here..."There's two things you can't take back in this job, bullets out of your gun and words out of your mouth." More officers need to become aware of that, once they fire their weapon, their is no do overs, the officer himself said "It looked like a shotgun." He would have done well to have ensured it was a shotgun before he fired his weapon.

I don't remember any Leo's on here saying bravo to the man and saying he should get right back to work. If he did and there was no fallout for his actions then we have some problems. Most comments have been that it was a hard situation that ended with a bad call. And to the other comments stating that this man should be held to civilian standards for this shooting Noone is disagreeing. What has been said is its an unfortunate circumstance that was a tough call gone bad. Now to the op for how can it be avoided, well you have a 70+ old man behind the wheel of one of the deadliest weapons in America who is unable to hear and follow simple instructions. Most of you may not realize but every 60+ person from Canada and every state north and east of AZ come to AZ for 6 months in the winter and kill thousands of our people with there vehicles. We have strict dui laws for most drugs and alcohol but when it comes to the elderly who are taking meds that warn not to drive on, these folks get a pass. When you are driving a vehicle unable to hear or see or have the reaction time of a turtle then you are a threat to everyone, Leo or civilian.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

this:
maybe make pigs rethink speed traps?

was a reply to this:
I'm not a fan of how quick some officers are to use deadly force, but I'm sure this video shows why they react the way they do.
LiveLeak.com - Police Vs Vietnam veteran

it seems like that citizen didnt apreciate being harrassed about the speed he chose to drive his own vehicle. abolish speed limit laws, they lead to dead officers and elderly cane users.

Last edited:
this:
maybe make pigs rethink speed traps?

was a reply to this:

it seems like that citizen didnt apreciate being harrassed about the speed he chose to drive his own vehicle. abolish speed limit laws, they lead to dead officers and elderly cane users.

Again, not going to happen. Accident risk increases with speed due to human errors and reaction times. Couple that with drivers on phones texting or the other many distractions there are, it's not going to happen. Maybe the highways may have speed limits eased in some places, but on city streets, forget about it. Go to countless collisions where serious injuries or fatalities have occurred because someone was going way too fast, you'll quickly have a change of heart. Same goes for people who don't agree with the DUI laws, go to some of the collisions and you will understand quickly why these laws exist.

It's not harassing someone if they cannot obey the law. It is not a right to drive on a publicly maintained road. If you choose to use it, obey the laws associated with it.

It is not a right to drive on a publicly maintained road.

if its a publicly maintained road, isnt it the public's right to enjoy what the public was publicly obliged by the public tax crooks to publicly pay for without public harassment by publicly paid police...by definition?

Last edited:
It is not a right to drive on a publicly maintained road.

if its a publicly maintained road, isnt it the public's right to enjoy what the public was publicly obliged by the public tax crooks to publicly pay for without public harassment by publicly paid police...by definition?

You don't see 98 mph as a threat to the safety of the public? You honestly think freedom means doing whatever you want, the rest of society be damned?

98 mph? Get real, Dukey. Anybody going that fast who isn't running lights and siren is gonna get pulled over.

Sad to see so many cop haters. The situation sucked but it will be ruled a justified shooting based on what the law says. I've only been in three shootings since starting my law enforcement career. They get investigated by my own agency, the district attorneys office, and the DOJ. I sat through civil court and the whole nine yards. I don't know how other states are, but this notion of cops shooting whoever they want and the department covering it up is comical to me.

As previously stated I've only been involved in three shootings so far. However I've lost count of how many times I could have pulled the trigger based on the circumstances. Many times the person did have a gun on them or threw it as they turned and ran. Cops deal with armed criminals often. It's not one in a million like some think. The problem is they don't get on the news every morning and talk about the hundreds of times last night that cops around the country got an armed criminal without shooting him or didn't shoot someone they could have. Since people don't see that, they think it doesn't happen. They only hear when a cop does shoot someone and automatically assume its the first time the cop has ever been in a life and death situation and didn't know how to act and therefore jumped to conclusions and "murdered" the person. I'm not saying I'm happy the old man was shot. It was a horrible situation as I've already stated.

To those who say you have the right to shoot a cop if he touches his gun... really? So when I stop a car load of guys with shaved heads covered with MS-13 and I approach with my hand on my gun or even have my gun out (which is not against any law or policy) they have the right to immediately open fire on me because they could be afraid I could make a mistake? I hope that's not what you really meant.

Bottom line is, I have never ever had to use deadly force or any force for that matter on anyone who did what they were told.

I'm by no means a cop hater, its a hard job and I appreciate those who do it.

I wonder though, why it is, that some think that a different set of standards apply to those who wear a badge when it comes to use of deadly force. On the face of it, to my untrained eye, the shooting does not seem reasonable.

I'm by no means a cop hater, its a hard job and I appreciate those who do it.

I wonder though, why it is, that some think that a different set of standards apply to those who wear a badge when it comes to use of deadly force. On the face of it, to my untrained eye, the shooting does not seem reasonable.

It isn't a different set of rules per se. Law Enforcement is paid to get into situations that non LE wouldn't be in. You will not make a traffic stop. I can't think a similar scenario that a person would be in but I'll try to get close.

If you want an example that would be kind of similar. An old guy is in your back yard. It is dark and he has something in his hand. You go out to see what he's doing and he is not quite acting right. He is not even acknowledging that you are speaking to him and he points the thing in his hand toward you. From your perspective, it looks like a gun that he is leveling off at you. Despite you screaming at him he continues to level it off towards you. If you were to shoot him and it turned out to be a cane you would be in the clear. Even if it were an old man involved in an accident, his wife is trapped in a burning car and he was trying to find a phone to call 911. You would be judged the same as the deputy.

A traffic stop, even at its best is still confrontational to some degree. You are calling someone on something that they did wrong. When an officer makes a traffic stop they do have an amount of authority over the situation and occupants of the vehicle. It is hard to come up with a situation were as a non LE you have authority over another person that you don't know so for the most part it is apples to oranges but the above example is the best I can come up with after working all night.

I don't know why I even open these type threads. It just pisses me off. Ill attempt some kind of response without having my head explode while im doing it.

At the end of the day this was a tragic mistake. Luckily the old man survived (so far). A 1/6 hit ratio in the dark, under stress and 12-15 yds away isn't bad. Most of you guys would be able to do it under the same conditions. Then again, most of you wouldn't be there in the first place because flapping your fingers from the safety of a keyboard is about all you can manage.

Crap, there I go. See? My heads about to explode.

Anyway, I wish his hit ratio had been zero, but it wasn't. When this is all over, it will go to Grand Jury, he will be No Billed, and go back to work, if he can. Would it be the same for a citizen who shoots a cop on the sidewalk thinking he is a prowler? No it wouldn't (you idiot) because, you cant shoot a prowler on the SIDEWALK! If the cop somehow (mistakenly) makes it into your house and you accidentally shoot him, then hey, tragic accident. Youll be No Billed.

The Dinkheller video is standard fare in the police academy. It sucks to watch. He told that guy to drop his gun about 15 times too many. You don't get to take a free shot at me (youre an idiot too, by the way) just because im a cop. Im gonna tell you once (maybe) then im gonna light you up. That cop might still be alive had he followed THAT procedure.

Im gonna go get another cup of coffee and try to calm down now...

Heitmann45 and SniperCJ - both of you need to read my post again because you didn't understand it all.

Heitmann45 - look at the part about the "cop touches his gun" again in my post. I was NOT arguing that people should shoot cops if they touch their gun. Read it again. I was asking a question in response to the argument some were making that the cop was justified because HE felt threatened. I will ask it again now: How can a cop be justified for shooting someone for feeling threatened, when the citizen is not in the same circumstances. The officer shot because he only thought he saw a gun. As I'm sure you agree, a citizen cannot do so even though he KNOWs the cop has a gun, even though there have been many shootings like the one in this video. For every Dinkheller video I can find one like this one. How is one morally justified when the other is not? I think the answer is it is a bad shoot, and is not justified. We may empathize with the officer, feel bad for him, but it was a bad call in my opinion because in my opinion he has to "know" not just "feel" that he is threatened. The extra second he takes to identify that as a cane is the responsibility he owes to the public in exchange for the authority to take life as an officer of the state, and yes of course that second comes at risk to his own life. To argue that this is a good shoot cheapens the sacrifice that many other officers make in defense of public safety, officers who do wait long enough to know, officers who take that risk to protect someone else even if that someone else is the object of the arrest. That kind of officer prevents the citizenry from taking on the mindset that they can't trust the police and that every stop could easily end in their death in a misunderstanding. It shouldn't be so easy for things to escalate that far that fast if the officer has good judgment.

CJ, you call me an idiot because you can't shoot a cop on the sidewalk. Again, read my post for comprehension instead of trying to find a reason to call me an idiot for questioning police, and you will find I AGREE with you and in fact that was the point I was making. In fact, my argument was EXACTLY the same as the one you made in your post calling me an idiot. When somebody is on neutral ground, like the sidewalk in public, you have to KNOW. Again, just like you, I think that had this old man been in this officer's home in the middle of the night it would be different. But he wasn't, he was in public when he was stopped, so explain to me why we should apply the "I just woke up with this guy standing over my bed" mindset to this public traffic stop. I don't think we should, and I think the parade of Dinkheller type videos in training set this guy up for this shoot which I believe to be a bad shoot. I don't think an honest assessment of the oath to protect and serve really means the officer gets to transfer 100% of the risk to the citizen, shooting them anytime they can articulate a reason to feel threatened, so that he can "make it home tonight." The whole point of the job, and the reason the citizenry has given the officer his authority, is so that THEY can make it home at night. Should I thank you for "telling me once (maybe)" before you "light me up?" Do you really think the public would hire you to do the job knowing that is how you will do it? With that attitude, is it any wonder why the public is re-considering what authority they have given police officers and are concerned about their tactics, techniques and procedures? How much of that kind of attitude before the public decides to take back some of the authority officers have been entrusted with? The internet is about to make your head explode-Got it, guess I'll reach for that registration REAL slow.

Last edited:
Why has no one mentioned how TOUGH that old man was? Gets shot by a cop and is all, "Im okay, I'll be okay."

What a STUD.

OK, I re-read your post. You still cant equate a cop on a traffic stop with a homeowner defending his home.

I reach for my wallet, I get shot? Get my glasses out of my shirt pocket I get shot? Hand my phone to my wife, well "it looked like he was reaching for a weapon" so I get shot? Didn't understand what the officer said so I get shot?

Your wallet doesn't look like a gun. I asked you to get your wallet.

Your glasses in your shirt pocket don't look like a gun. Most guys don't carry a gun in their shirt pocket.

Handing your cell phone to your wife doesnt look like drawing a gun.

Getting out of your car, reaching into the back seat and pulling out a long tubular object? That kinda does look like a gun. To that guy at least. Especially if you've seen some of the videos we've been hammered with time and time again.

If you guys are saying this shoot was justified...

I never said it was 'justified'. I said he would get No Billed. Not the same thing. There was no criminal intent.

My sense of morality says nobody should be shooting anybody until they KNOW they are a threat if you are on neutral ground.

To 'know' is to perceive as fact or certainty. That cop did 'know' his life was threatened. He ran it through the filter of his own experience and knowledge and perceived that the guy had a gun. He did 'know'. Just turns out he 'knew' incorrectly.

And, this wasnt neutral ground. It was a traffic stop. I don't consider that neutral ground.

Yes, that means in some cases the citizen may have a chance to "get the drop" on you, but that is part of the job..

Doesnt work that way. You as a citizen don't get a freebie at me just because 'its a dangerous job.

It is ridiculous to argue that police officers should have a less restrictive ROE than soldiers on a battlefield.

We agree there. Battlefield ROE's are too restrictive.

Police officers get their authority from the same government I work for

Actually I get my authority from the State of Texas. Some states still allow police to shoot a fleeing felon.

Policing has changed in this country.

We agree there too. Its changed and not for the better. Disrespect and anti-authority sentiment is running rampant. The youth of America doesn't respect anything or anybody . Entitlement thinking and lack of personal responsibility is out of control.

And I apologize for calling you an idiot. Misguided perhaps!

Last edited:
I fully agree, this guy is a stud. They don't make them like they used to.

KYpatriot- You keep sharing YOUR OPINION. The fact is YOUR OPINION is not THE LAW. THE LAW has numerous case laws and penal codes governing the use of force and the use of deadly force several times over. I'm not expressing my OPINION. I'm telling you how police are trained (at least in my area) and what the LAWS of this country give police the authority to do. Again, I'm not condoning wild shooting because you get scared. But based on going through the entire process three times thus far, I'm pretty positive the shooting will be ruled justified even though it was very sad. If you disagree with these laws then please feel free to try and change them. If not, you can simply move, learn to live with it, or continue to monday morning quarterback people who do something you have no experience with which we all know will get you know where.

I'm by no means a high speed commando, but I've spent every day of my adult life dealing with life and death decision making as I enlisted in the Marine Corps at 18 and went from there directly to law enforcement. At no point do I ever want to harm anyone. However, based on all of my training, when I'm in a situation that makes me believe that a person is attempting to cause severe injury or death to me or someone else and there is no other choice but to shoot, I will every time. The LAW gives me the permission to do just that. I'm not sure what your background is, but waiting "an extra second" is commonly way too late. Again, I've been in multiple situations where I could have been 100% justified in shooting but did not, and managed to survive. I'm glad it worked out. But there have been a few of those times where I drove away disgusted with myself because I easily could have been killed because I gave someone the "extra second." I guess that's the part where it's my fault for deciding to "wear the badge," or whatever that ludicrous argument is.

Example of one of our latest: Two cops talk to a guy an any alley. During the contact he appears high on meth. He's now legally detained and no longer free to leave. He will not sit down even though told to do so by the officers multiple times. When the officers attempted to grab him and make him sit down, he opens the door and dives across the front seats with one hand going toward a silver object on the floor board. Both officers fire killing the suspect. After the shooting, the object turned out to be some sort of a metal rod or pipe. The shooting was ruled completely justified. Based on their training and experience, the guy resisting their commands, jumping into a car across the front seats (not attempting to sit in the front seat as if he wanted to drive away) and reaching for a concealed area where one of the officers observed an object that could have been the barrel of a gun, the shooting was justified. They did have have to continue to wait until they confirmed the object was a gun. They did not have to wait until the saw hammer of a gun drop, the fringing pit to strike the primer, the flash igniting the powder, the pressure building up to push the bullet into the barrel and began to spin as it engaged the rifling to shoot. I'm not sure why so many people think that officers are held to that standard. Have there been shitty cops and bad shootings? Yes, and I'd support criminal prosecution of those officers every time. However, more often than not, the news does not give even close to half the details of the situation of a police shooting which immediately makes people jump to conclusions that cops are murderers.

Here's some reading you can start with if you care to look into the situation any further:

CONSTITUTIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR USING DEADLY FORCE

The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that the Fourth Amendment to the U. S. Constitution prohibits the use of deadly force to effect an arrest or prevent the escape of a suspect unless the police officer reasonably believes that the suspect committed or attempted to commit crimes involving the infliction or threatened infliction of serious physical injury and a warning of the intent to use deadly physical force was given, whenever feasible (Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1 (1985)). Thus, our statutory standards for using deadly force seem to parallel the federal constitutional standards.

The Court has said that the test of reasonableness under the Fourth Amendment is not capable of “precise definition” or “mechanical application.” “[T]he reasonableness of a particular use of force must be viewed from the perspective of a reasonable officer at the scene, rather than with 20/20 vision of hindsight….” Moreover, “allowance must be made for the fact that officers are often forced to make split-second judgments in circumstances that are tense, uncertain, and rapidly evolving about the amount of force that is necessary in a particular situation.” The question is whether the officers' actions are “objectively reasonable” in light of the facts and circumstances confronting them “(Graham v. Connor, 490 U.S. 396, 397 (1989)).

Notice BELIEVES is used in the above, not KNOW as your OPINION stated.

And just to be clear, I'm not trying to be a dick to KYPatriot or anyone else throughout this thread, just stating what is trained and the rules we follow.

You don't see 98 mph as a threat to the safety of the public? You honestly think freedom means doing whatever you want, the rest of society be damned?

98 mph is just getting the cobwebs out of some vehicles. i think freedom means doing anything that doesnt harm or repress others, societies' opinion be damned. traffic stops as we've come to be conditioned to accept them , are 4th amendment violations that amount to an attempt for states and municipalities to increase revenue by enforcement of laws that are basically sold to the public as "pre-crime." the stoppee, hasnt harmed anyone...yet. but police hall monitor mentality bells and whistles have gone off that these people dont fit our paradigm of "safe" behaviors...so lets extort some money out of them and harass them a bit on the side of the roadway.

A traffic stop, even at its best is still confrontational to some degree. You are calling someone on something that they did wrong. When an officer makes a traffic stop they do have an amount of authority over the situation and occupants of the vehicle. It is hard to come up with a situation were as a non LE you have authority over another person that you don't know so for the most part it is apples to oranges but the above example is the best I can come up with after working all night.

wrong in every way possible...the officer has zero authority over anyone not in direct commission of a crime...a real crime,not a traffic fo paux but an agression against the rights of others...interestingly no different than the level of authority the occupants of the vehicle have over you if you begin to agress in a criminal fashion.

Policing has changed in this country.
We agree there too. Its changed and not for the better. Disrespect and anti-authority sentiment is running rampant. The youth of America doesn't respect anything or anybody . Entitlement thinking and lack of personal responsibility is out of control.

this point seems comical. it isnt the youth that are standing up to these jack booted police that are the same as theyve ever been....its the very opposite. the old men who remember what a cops role is supposed to be are standing against these badge wearing thugs. as shown in the videos

Wow... just wow. It's obvious you haven't studied the law what so ever. Where do you read that a traffic stop is not a legal detainment? Where can I look up information on what crimes I'm allowed to stop and which ones I can't? I could care less about traffic laws quite honestly. I haven't written a traffic ticket in over two years. I haven't been talked to a single time by anyone in my department about my lack of extorting innocent people during traffic stops. However, when a car full of gang bangers drive by and I know they're near the turf of their rival, you can be damn sure there's at least one gun in the car. I can't stop that car just because I think they have a gun. But when they commit a traffic violation of any kind it gives me the right to stop and detain/investigate. Exactly the opposite of what you claim. Test it if you like. If you get pulled over, get out and simply walk away. You'd be in violation of PC 148(a)(1) at the very least and would be arrested or cited and released at the minimum. Then you can go to court and tell the judge the law says that police don't have authority over you during a legal traffic stop. See what the judge tells you. Another prime example of a "street lawyer" believing anything they tell themselves regardless of what the law (which i'm sure you have never bothered to look into) really says.

Tax payers (including myself) are paying cops to get criminals off the street and stop crime. My money going to the type of cops that only respond to calls for service and spend the rest of their time eating donuts in a vacant lot pisses me off. Cops should be enforcing the law and getting criminals off the street. That commonly starts by simple traffic stops. If you're against that, then maybe you should post your phone number so anytime a person needs a possible criminal spoken to they can call you instead. Since you know the right way to enforce the law it's a win for everyone.

Please let me know where you got this interpretation of the law so I can finally understand how to do my job. I feel so stupid having done it wrong for all this time.

Our goal is to go home at the end of every shift...

Maybe this is a reality check... but I, and the rest of the citizens in this country, state, or community, do NOT pay you to go home at the end of every shift!

And it will go before the grand jury, as it should.
As nearly ALL officer involved shootings do.

I don't know what government you work for... but in this county, there have been 13 homicides in the past three years. 5 of those by LEO's... The others 4 by knife, one by blunt force, and three by gun. Two of those (committed by gun), were justified... the DA dropped one, and the other was acquitted by a jury of there piers. In ALL 8 of those homicides committed by citizens... every single one of them went before a grand jury. Not a single homicide committed by a LEO went before a grand jury... even though the victims in 4 of those police shootings were un-armed.

Yes, I am calling you out... Please tell me (on a percentage) how many cop killers stand before a grand jury vs how many other homicidal citizens stand. I guarantee that the percentage to the former is grossly under.

Sad to see so many cop haters.

You want me to feel sorry for you?? Well, there is a circle K down the street... you can walk in there and grab a straw to suck it the fuck up!!

Bottom line is, I have never ever had to use deadly force or any force for that matter on anyone who did what they were told.

So I'm safe whenever I obey you (acting on behalf of the state)???? Really???

When this is all over, it will go to Grand Jury, he will be No Billed, and go back to work, if he can.

I really don't understand the disconnect that you (LEO's) exhibit... The Declaration of Independence says "that all men are created equal,"... Maybe I'm speaking to deaf ears here but, the definition of tyranny is 'that which is legal for the government, but illegal for the citizenry.' Should I have done the same thing it most certainly resulted in felony criminal proceeding.

I never said it was 'justified'. I said he would get No Billed. Not the same thing. There was no criminal intent.

I've been dealing with a mess of legal issues... this 'no criminal intent' has been coming up ALOT! Just because there is no criminal intent, doesn't mean that the shooting was 'good'... Hell, I've heard that there wasn't criminal intent when the local sheriff's office stole personal property, committed perjury, and refused to abide by a court order... so attempted murder is OK as long as there isn't criminal intent?? What was the intent then?

You as a citizen don't get a freebie at me just because it's a dangerous job.

Yes I do... if you don't like it, or your wife can't handle it, maybe your kids can't accept it... then look for alternate employment!

KYpatriot- You keep sharing YOUR OPINION. The fact is YOUR OPINION is not THE LAW. THE LAW has numerous case laws and penal codes governing the use of force and the use of deadly force several times over. I'm not expressing my OPINION. I'm telling you how police are trained (at least in my area) and what the LAWS of this country give police the authority to do.

First of all.. 'case law' is derived from the SCOTUS claiming all rights to arbiter the Constitution in 1802... maybe I should declare myself the king of the USA and 'SNAP' you all are serf's... Oh, it doesn't work that way?

As a citizen, KYpatriot's opinions hold all the merit that your's do... having been in the 'sandbox' maybe his ideals are better developed... As "To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know." Tim Craft

The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that the Fourth Amendment to the U. S. Constitution...

I would like to start this rebuttal with a quote from Thomas Jefferson... "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."

ALL of my LEO interaction has been well within my rightful liberty, and bordering on the tyrants will... but I digress...

It is up to an informed populace to hold you (LEO's) accountable... " An educated citizenry is a vital requisite for our survival as a free people." Thomas Jefferson. However, that doesn't excuse you from forsaking our (the citizens) trust.

I would like to remind you... (all LEO's) that the Declaration of Independance says, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

I wonder if you have the consent of those you 'protect and serve'... How much would it take for you to lose there consent??

Just a hypothetical question...

Last edited:
Maybe this is a reality check... but I, and the rest of the citizens in this country, state, or community, do NOT pay you to go home at the end of every shift!

I don't know what government you work for... but in this county, there have been 13 homicides in the past three years. 5 of those by LEO's... The others 4 by knife, one by blunt force, and three by gun. Two of those (committed by gun), were justified... the DA dropped one, and the other was acquitted by a jury of there piers. In ALL 8 of those homicides committed by citizens... every single one of them went before a grand jury. Not a single homicide committed by a LEO went before a grand jury... even though the victims in 4 of those police shootings were un-armed.

Yes, I am calling you out... Please tell me (on a percentage) how many cop killers stand before a grand jury vs how many other homicidal citizens stand. I guarantee that the percentage to the former is grossly under.

You want me to feel sorry for you?? Well, there is a circle K down the street... you can walk in there and grab a straw to suck it the fuck up!!

So I'm safe whenever I obey you (acting on behalf of the state)???? Really???

I really don't understand the disconnect that you (LEO's) exhibit... The Declaration of Independence says "that all men are created equal,"... Maybe I'm speaking to deaf ears here but, the definition of tyranny is 'that which is legal for the government, but illegal for the citizenry.' Should I have done the same thing it most certainly resulted in felony criminal proceeding.

I've been dealing with a mess of legal issues... this 'no criminal intent' has been coming up ALOT! Just because there is no criminal intent, doesn't mean that the shooting was 'good'... Hell, I've heard that there wasn't criminal intent when the local sheriff's office stole personal property, committed perjury, and refused to abide by a court order... so attempted murder is OK as long as there isn't criminal intent?? What was the intent then?

Yes I do... if you don't like it, or your wife can't handle it, maybe your kids can't accept it... then look for alternate employment!

First of all.. 'case law' is derived from the SCOTUS claiming all rights to arbiter the Constitution in 1802... maybe I should declare myself the king of the USA and 'SNAP' you all are serf's... Oh, it doesn't work that way?

As a citizen, KYpatriot's opinions hold all the merit that your's do... having been in the 'sandbox' maybe his ideals are better developed... As "To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know." Tim Craft

I would like to start this rebuttal with a quote from Thomas Jefferson... "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."

ALL of my LEO interaction has been well within my rightful liberty, and bordering on the tyrants will... but I digress...

It is up to an informed populace to hold you (LEO's) accountable... " An educated citizenry is a vital requisite for our survival as a free people." Thomas Jefferson. However, that doesn't excuse you from forsaking our (the citizens) trust.

I would like to remind you... (all LEO's) that the Declaration of Independance says, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

I wonder if have the consent of those you 'protect and serve'... How much would it take for you to lose there consent??

Just a hypothetical question...

Great post, with one exception.

"To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know." Tim Craft

I never fought in the way (I think) that you meant. That said, how the hell does Tim Craft, you, or anyone else know what the flavor of freedom is to me. Believe me, you have no idea how precious freedom is to me.

Last edited:
Great post, with one exception.

"To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know." Tim Craft

I never fought in the way (I think) that you meant. That said, how the hell does Tim Craft, you, or anyone else know what the flavor of freedom is to me. Believe me, you have no idea how precious freedom is to me.

I merely meant to give credit to the origin of the the quote...

For myself, I don't know if I could quantify, measure, or excuse what I've lost... or with-stood... for the 'freedom' of this country. Whether that be blind indifference, or a guarded protectiveness of that earned.

For those that don't know...

'Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.' Thomas Jefferson

Wow... just wow. It's obvious you haven't studied the law what so ever. Where do you read that a traffic stop is not a legal detainment? Where can I look up information on what crimes I'm allowed to stop and which ones I can't? I could care less about traffic laws quite honestly. I haven't written a traffic ticket in over two years. I haven't been talked to a single time by anyone in my department about my lack of extorting innocent people during traffic stops. However, when a car full of gang bangers drive by and I know they're near the turf of their rival, you can be damn sure there's at least one gun in the car. I can't stop that car just because I think they have a gun. But when they commit a traffic violation of any kind it gives me the right to stop and detain/investigate. Exactly the opposite of what you claim. Test it if you like. If you get pulled over, get out and simply walk away. You'd be in violation of PC 148(a)(1) at the very least and would be arrested or cited and released at the minimum. Then you can go to court and tell the judge the law says that police don't have authority over you during a legal traffic stop. See what the judge tells you. Another prime example of a "street lawyer" believing anything they tell themselves regardless of what the law (which i'm sure you have never bothered to look into) really says.

Tax payers (including myself) are paying cops to get criminals off the street and stop crime. My money going to the type of cops that only respond to calls for service and spend the rest of their time eating donuts in a vacant lot pisses me off. Cops should be enforcing the law and getting criminals off the street. That commonly starts by simple traffic stops. If you're against that, then maybe you should post your phone number so anytime a person needs a possible criminal spoken to they can call you instead. Since you know the right way to enforce the law it's a win for everyone.

Please let me know where you got this interpretation of the law so I can finally understand how to do my job. I feel so stupid having done it wrong for all this time.

well youre right about me not knowing the letter of the law you hold as some sort of justification. man's law.
i am have been speaking from self evident truth's as outlined by the u.s. constitution. this is natural law, or god's law. the law that most men understand inherently but that seems to escape many in the law enforcement field, as well as the judicial branch they cite as the ultimate truth, the legislative branch that has sold out, the executive branch that decides none of the other matters, the educational system that teaches all this to be correct, and the lawyers that suck up the proceeds laughing to the bank. in the nwo the bankers own all of this and expect the old timers, who remember different and know better, to hurry up and die.
go ahead leo's, continue to pave the way for them. just expect to shoot a few more old men.

well youre right about me not knowing the letter of the law you hold as some sort of justification. man's law.
i am have been speaking from self evident truth's as outlined by the u.s. constitution. this is natural law, or god's law. the law that most men understand inherently but that seems to escape many in the law enforcement field, as well as the judicial branch they cite as the ultimate truth, the legislative branch that has sold out, the executive branch that decides none of the other matters, the educational system that teaches all this to be correct, and the lawyers that suck up the proceeds laughing to the bank. in the nwo the bankers own all of this and expect the old timers, who remember different and know better, to hurry up and die.
go ahead leo's, continue to pave the way for them. just expect to shoot a few more old men.
Please. When that old man was a young man it was acceptable to get whacked in the shins with a straight stick for smarting off. It was acceptable to shoot a man running away in the back if you had reason to believe he committed a felony. Law enforcement is as restricted as it has ever been. Stop with the good ok days crap; it simply wasn't that way.

I really should learn to not open threads like this as they piss me off to no end, I am done. I am an extremely conservative person on most anything, but some of the viewpoints here reflect attitudes to the likes of the sovereign citizens that are absolutely asinine.

I really should learn to not open threads like this as they piss me off to no end, I am done. I am an extremely conservative person on most anything, but some of the viewpoints here reflect attitudes to the likes of the sovereign citizens that are absolutely asinine.

I've never renounced my citizenship, on the contrary... I embrace my American citizenship. I swore an oath to protect, uphold, and defend the Constitution of the United States. I did this in Nov 2003 when I was 17, I do that every year as a Wildland Firefighter here in AZ...

If you really want to disregard my opinion, then that is your right. However, I sent a PM with my contact info... please feel free to ignore the evidence I have that the County, State, and Federal Government have totally disregarded my Constitutional rights, and my rights as an AZ citizen!

Last edited:
SniperCj and H45, thanks for the detailed replies. I agree with some of it and some I don't, and I agree this officer didn't do this out of criminal intent. My overall point was that perhaps the training these days "springloads" officers to believe there is more threat than there really is, leading to what in my opinion is a too early decision to resort to force. I realize that is easy to say from the cheap seats, but it is a question the public has a duty to ask if we sense things aren't right.

That Dinkheller video is straight up awful, so bad that the first time you see it you know you won't ever forget it. My guess is this officer was thinking of that exact video and placed himself in Dinkheller's shoes instead of his own. True, the old man got out of the truck but he didn't have time to exhibit all the crazy behavior before he was shot. Dinkheller was far to late, and in my opinion this guy was too early. This old man will likely recover and as long as he heals physically I wouldn't be surprised if he will be less affected by this going forward than the officer will. It will be tough on him, and though likely found not guilty of wrongdoing in the eyes of the law probably will not let himself off so easy. Thank goodness the old man didn't die on the spot so at least he won't have to deal with that.

In OIF/OEF the only thing that ever kept me up at night was the thought of killing friendlies. It is easy to do and there is nothing "surgical" about 500 and 2000 lb bombs. Maybe why that is why I am so sensitive to "knowing" because my ammo was so much more destructive. One time I got "cleared hot" on a position by a commander on the ground for a strike, and they were in a bad way so I was desperate to help. As it turns out I had been cleared in hot on a friendly position. I thank God I hesitated because of a little doubt in my brain though my heart was screaming "drop this quick before they die!" To this day it still gives me the creeps that I nearly did it. I can tell you that I would rather have died myself than go through the agony of what would have happened if I had followed that clearance. I think that experience influences how I view this though it is a different situation.

I appreciate you mentioning it CJ but don't sweat the minor insult. I've been called worse and have often deserved it. I've got nothing against any of you, and in fact appreciate your service and your point of view on a tough situation. Thread seems to have about run it's course so I'll bow out before the yelling begins lol.

Yes, that means in some cases the citizen may have a chance to "get the drop" on you, but that is part of the job. If getting home every night is the only object, you need to get a safer job

Who says that giving a perp or anyone for that matter the chance to get the drop on me is part of the job? It's in no job description that I ever saw. Perhaps that is how you would LIKE for it to be but the reality of the matter is that you couldn't be more off base. Take any self defense course, anywhere and let me know which one teaches this doctrine of giving your adversary or potential adversary a tactical advantage. That notion is rubbish, and I hope you don't truly believe that.

As far as getting home at the end of the night, fuck yea. It isn't my only objective but it sure as hell ranks up there. You're gonna tell me that it wasn't one of your objectives on deployment to come back home to your family in one piece? When I was deployed with my Marines, coming back was priority number one, but I don't know, maybe the Airforce sees things differently.

Last edited:
Who says that giving a perp or anyone for that matter the chance to get the drop on me is part of the job? It's in no job description that I ever saw. Perhaps that is how you would LIKE for it to be but the reality of the matter is that you couldn't be more off base. Take any self defense course, anywhere and let me know which one teaches this doctrine of giving your adversary or potential adversary a tactical advantage. That notion is rubbish, and I hope you don't truly believe that.

As far as getting home at the end of the night, fuck yea. It isn't my only objective but it sure as hell ranks up there. You're gonna tell me that it wasn't one of your objectives on deployment to come back home to your family in one piece? When I was deployed with my Marines, coming back was priority number one, but I don't know, maybe the Airforce sees things differently.

Yet you expect me to give you the tactical advantage during a traffic stop?? An armed person with unknown intent approaching from my six... All I expect is an a man with enough backbone to face me on his own two feet and take responsibility for his actions. Period!

I don't know who you deployed with, but when I was deployed with the FMF the only thing my Marines and I were concerned with was killing the enemy. I wrote a blank check for my life, as well as those Marines that served with me... we very well knew that we could come home in a body bag.

KYPatriot, I appreciate that you keep your arguments civil. I have no issues with you, we just disagree on some things, no big deal. I understand your concern.

0933 and Marduk. You're insults are quite sad and seem like I'm dealing with a 15 year olds. I never asked for anyone to feel sorry for me. I'm merely stating what the law says. I did not write the law. I'm sorry you disagree with it. Maybe you can change it, you're more than welcome to try. I know it's "Man's law" but i have no idea what kind of defense that's supposed to be. If you think that will serve you well then by all means sue every officer that has wasted their time purposely seeking you out and harassing you and violating your rights for no reason. You seem pretty positive that you'll win so I don't see what's holding you back. I can promise you that the people that say that sort of thing are no where near important enough for me to break the law, violate rights, and risk my career over. Most of those people are just flattering themselves. Sounds like you're part of the sovereign citizens movement, but whatever makes you happy. 0933, if you really live in a county where there is solid proof that officers are murdering people and getting away with it, I'd take a stand too. But I'd also move to a safer place because that sounds scary.

I too swore an oath and did time in "the sandbox." As did many other current young LEO's today so think twice before you try to play that card.

I'm done here since this has become ridiculous.

0933, if you really live in a county where there is solid proof that officers are murdering people and getting away with it, I'd take a stand too. But I'd also move to a safer place because that sounds scary.

Where did I claim that LEO's were murdering citizens??

I too swore an oath and did time in "the sandbox." As did many other current young LEO's today so think twice before you try to play that card.

I'm not 'playing' any 'card'... but you, and LEO's in general, obviously don't respect my status as a citizen. There is right and wrong... in my experience LE has been in the wrong. I've given them the benefit of the doubt... been up front with them about the numerous ways they've broken the law, and ALL of them turn a blind eye... several saying that if they pursued criminal action against the department, it would mean there job. As a whole, they've been liar's, thieves, bully's, and downright traitors. Those are facts... no amount of sidestepping can negate that.

Not sure how you can say I don't respect rights of citizens since you have no proof of that. I have more than enough accolades to prove otherwise. If every officer you've delt with is like that then you certainly live in an awful area with a terrible police department. I still think it's unfair for you to judge every police officer in the country based off you strange and horrible interaction with you local officers. Good luck with all that my friend.

I've never renounced my citizenship, on the contrary... I embrace my American citizenship. I swore an oath to protect, uphold, and defend the Constitution of the United States. I did this in Nov 2003 when I was 17, I do that every year as a Wildland Firefighter here in AZ...

How exactly do you protect, uphold, and defend he Constitution of the United States in your official capacity as a Wildland Firefighter?

How exactly do you protect, uphold, and defend he Constitution of the United States in your official capacity as a Wildland Firefighter?

Directly I don't. It's still a Federal job though, and I still take the oath of office on my first day every year.

Surviving a traffic stop or other interactions with LE, a primer.

This person has a gun and the only standard he has to meet if he kills you is prove he could have been scared.

He has done 100s of simulations where 9 out of 10 people stopped for minor infractions are the FBIs most wanted felons on a meth fueled rampage with a AK47 bent on killing them. He still shot the 1 out of 10 that was a no shoot and took some serious ribbing about it from the guys.

1: Obey at any cost! Forget about the 4th and 5th Ammendments! Disobedience is a RED FLAG, you may only have seconds left to live!

B: Do not have ANYTHING in your hands! ID, insurance papers, phones, keys, glasses, small animals, "something shiny" or especially "something black"! These are proven affirmative defenses for a justified killing! Having hands is a RED FLAG! You are about to be shot!

2: Do not reach for ANYTHING! Every scenario the LEO has seen in training the person who was reaching for his registration came back with a AK16! "Reachers" who violate rule B, have just signed their own death warrant! Reaching is a RED FLAG!

III: If you hear yelling, but can't discern the officers intent, (in CLEAR violation of Rule 1), you are about to be shot!

&: If you are outside of your vehicle, or are in a public place violating any of the rules above, you and the surrounding area are about to be shot! These are all RED FLAGS!

If you suspect you are about to be shot by LE, follow these simply rules. They will not increase your chance of survival, or cause the shooting to be found "illegal", but it will increase the size of the judgement against the city in civil court for your family!

These steps are intended to be performed simultaneously as you are being shot.

A: Drop anything in your hands.
2: Turn your back to the officer.
#:Raise your hands in the air
4: Scream "Help me (insert diety here)!"
5: Continue to scream and cry out in pain for the cameras

Do not expect medical treatment! The officers have to "secure the scene"! (come up with the story) for their safety. If we are being completely honest, it's much easier if you die anyway so you can't dispute the" official " story.

I got pulled over today and LIVED! Using these simple steps.

In the next chapter we discuss advanced techniques such as appearing smaller, submissive, and being an attractive female (cross dressing).

Cheers

Vince

Sent from my mind via apathy.

Last edited:
Surviving a traffic stop or other interactions with LE, a primer.

This person has a gun and the only standard he has to meet if he kills you is prove he could have been scared.

He has done 100s of simulations where 9 out of 10 people stopped for minor infractions are the FBIs most wanted felons on a meth fueled rampage with a AK47 bent on killing them. He still shot the 1 out of 10 that was a no shoot and took some serious ribbing about it from the guys.

1: Obey at any cost! Forget about the 4th and 5th Ammendments! Disobedience is a RED FLAG, you may only have seconds left to live!
B: Do not have ANYTHING in your hands! ID, insurance papers, phones, keys, glasses, small animals, "something shiny" or especially "something black"! These are proven affirmative defenses for a justified killing! Having hands is a RED FLAG! You are about to be shot!

2: Do not reach for ANYTHING! Every scenario the LEO has seen in training the person who was reaching for his registration came back with a AK16! "Reachers" who violate rule B, have just signed their own death warrant! Reaching is a RED FLAG!

III: If you hear yelling, but can't discern the officers intent, (in CLEAR violation of Rule 1), you are about to be shot!

&: If you are outside of your vehicle, or are in a public place violating any of the rules above, you and the surrounding area are about to be shot! These are all RED FLAGS!

If you suspect you are about to be shot by LE, follow these simply rules. They will not increase your chance of survival, or cause the shooting to be found "illegal", but it will increase the size of the judgement against the city in civil court for your family!

These steps are intended to be performed simultaneously as you are being shot.

A: Drop anything in your hands.
2: Turn your back to the officer.
#:Raise your hands in the air
4: Scream "Help me (insert diety here)!"
5: Continue to scream and cry out in pain for the cameras

Do not expect medical treatment! The officers have to "secure the scene"! (come up with the story) for their safety. If we are being completely honest, it's much easier if you die anyway so you can't dispute the" official " story.

I got pulled over today and LIVED! Using these simple steps.

In the next chapter we discuss advanced techniques such as appearing smaller, submissive, and being an attractive female (cross dressing).

Cheers

Vince

allow me to summarize your post for clarity...."kneel slave, you will see, i am kind." i hope what you typed was your version of sarcastic satire?

Satire of course, but sadly a little too close to reality. I should have used a more sarcastic font for clarity.

Cheers

Vince

Sad for the elderly dude and the cop that shot him, the cop is clearly sorry/distraught in the video, it was a mistake, pure an simple mistake, not some power hungry copper looking for a good shoot. The second cop should have been wearing his vest, it would not have stopped a rifle bullet but it would have given him the confidence to close with and kill that nut case, the nut case clearly has been trained in combat, he used fire power and maneuver to close with and kill that cop. Goddam shame the officer died that way, I hope they killed the bastard that killed him.

It might be me just getting older but I sense a break in trust with the LEO community and their natural supporters in the communities across the net and probably the country. I sense it within myself, I have lost a lot of trust in the LEO community even though I know many and shoot with many, I just don't trust their organizations like I used to. If its a Constitutional question and what side they will stand on in the future I will treat them with sceptically until they prove otherwise at this point in time. That being said, I know there are many, hopefully most, that view our Constitution as I do and hold our freedoms as dear as I do. At the end of the day this lack of trust needs to be repaired and quick, only the LEO communities can do that in my view, the police Unions need to take a stand as I see the break in trust being caused by politicians and administrators actions, but in the end its the dude on patrol that pays the price for this disconnect between community support and the patrol officer.

Every time there is a questionable shoot that is put on the web it erodes public trust in an exponential way, very hard to make up that loss.

Being a cop sucks, I don't know why you guys do it but am glad you do because someone needs to, hopefully we get through this stage in our history without too much bloodshed.

Last edited:
Not sure how you can say I don't respect rights of citizens since you have no proof of that. I have more than enough accolades to prove otherwise. If every officer you've delt with is like that then you certainly live in an awful area with a terrible police department. I still think it's unfair for you to judge every police officer in the country based off you strange and horrible interaction with you local officers. Good luck with all that my friend.

It is very clear that you don't respect me as a citizen, or the unalienable rights that granted to us. I don't know of any other profession where the employed completely ignore the direction of there employers, disrespect them, steal from them, lie to them, assault them, bully them, and sometimes kill them... yet still remain employed.

Thomas Jefferson defined tyranny as, "... that which is legal for the government, yet illegal for the citizenry." You just take your marching orders and go... never once giving a thought to how your actions are seen.

When I was a boot, a SSgt. told us that "you don't want someone coming in to your house and fucking shit up!!" It's better to police your own then let someone else hold you accountable... If you don't like the bed you made, then get out!! The fact that LEO's are perceived as corrupt, abusive, and traitorous is do to the LE community at large not policing there own!! Don't cry to me about it... it's up to you to change that.

"...against all embers, foreign and domestic..."

lol

Very funny Slapchop.

I've been around long enough that I know you did some time in the Marine Corps... though after seeing alot of your posts, I can only conclude that our Corps values of Honor, Courage, and Commitment were too much for you to shoulder.

Unlike you, I chose a profession that doesn't give me a kick when I shit on someone else... I work, and at the end of the day it's my own sweat that gives me satisfaction, not the tears of submission that I beat out of my prey.

Anytime you want to see 'free' America... come on out, though with your attitude I'm not sure you'll make it to long.

It is very clear that you don't respect me as a citizen, or the unalienable rights that granted to us. I don't know of any other profession where the employed completely ignore the direction of there employers, disrespect them, steal from them, lie to them, assault them, bully them, and sometimes kill them... yet still remain employed.

Thomas Jefferson defined tyranny as, "... that which is legal for the government, yet illegal for the citizenry." You just take your marching orders and go... never once giving a thought to how your actions are seen.

When I was a boot, a SSgt. told us that "you don't want someone coming in to your house and fucking shit up!!" It's better to police your own then let someone else hold you accountable... If you don't like the bed you made, then get out!! The fact that LEO's are perceived as corrupt, abusive, and traitorous is do to the LE community at large not policing there own!! Don't cry to me about it... it's up to you to change that.

I live in AZ too and find the pd in the valley nothing like you describe. Every encounter ive had with law enforcement here has been profesional. The only ones here that bitch as much as you about law enforcement have a few dui's, are illegal, or like getting it on with animals(sheriff Joe is pretty harsh against animal crimes). You seem to keep mentioning a specific instance you've had so please share with the class so we can see how corrupt Prescott AZ is so I know never to visit again

I live in AZ too and find the pd in the valley nothing like you describe. Every encounter ive had with law enforcement here has been profesional. The only ones here that bitch as much as you about law enforcement have a few dui's, are illegal, or like getting it on with animals(sheriff Joe is pretty harsh against animal crimes). You seem to keep mentioning a specific instance you've had so please share with the class so we can see how corrupt Prescott AZ is so I know never to visit again

You asked...

I joined the Marine Corps in 2003. Original MOS was a 0621, and I was attached to HQ Co 24th Marines. I missed there first deployment in 03 but I deployed with 3/24 in 04 to the eastern part of Al Anbar province. I was over there less than a month before I was sent home, being a radio operator I wasn't part of 3/24's T&O, and the MEF RO’s took over.

I turned 19 when I got back. I moved to Precott, AZ and started going to school at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. I was majoring in aerospace engineering. I transfered to BF Co C, 6th ESB in Phoenix. I also enrolled in the Marine Corps' PLC program and attended OCS, graduating as a Platoon Honorman, in the summer of 05. I also became part of the USMCR Rifle Team and MTU early in 05.

I deployed again in 07. I was a volunteer, and deployed with CLB 4. I was in the western part of Al Anbar this time, and it was pretty mellow camparatively. I came back early summer 08. I picked up where I left of, instructing and shooting for the Marine Corps, went back to school. This time though we were required to go see a pshycologist when we came back. Being the broke 22 year old that I was, I went to the VA. Hindsight is always 20/20 and I regret that decision to this day.

My first, and only, meeting with my "Doctor" did not go to well. For anyone that cares, her name is Dr. Moscowicz, and she still works in the Phoenix Va. English was not her first language, and I refused to answer the majority of her questions. Questions relating to my sex life, and ones relating to how I felt about my personal safety. When she asked me if I owned any firearms... I told her that was none of her business. I left. Before I got to my car, I was dogpiled by four VA cops, tazed, and put in cuffs. The local Sheriffs office then transported me to a level 1 mental facility where I was held against my will under "Court Ordered Evaluation".

Let me just say that Behavorial Health is an Industry. These facilities are contracted by the State to hold "dangerous" people away from the rest of the populace. They are payed by the State for each "body" they hold and also collect insurance money for "medical services rendered". Or those like me, who don't have insurance, they come after them individually.

I refused to talk to a Dr. while held there, and asked to represent myself in this "Civil" suit. A "Civil" suit where the Plaintiff is the State. I was denied my demand to represent myself, and was appointed a public defender. I was held for three weeks until my court appearance. At my court appearance, the State asked that I be Court Ordered to seek treatment for PTSD because I could potentially be a danger to others. The Judge found me to be no danger to others, but did sentence me to Court Ordered treatment for "Persistently and Acutely Disabled"... The reason for this was my T-shirt. It said, "I didn't go to work today, the voices told me to stay home and clean the guns". This was the T-shirt I was wearing when I was "detained", and the only shirt I wore except for scrubs. Evidently no one has any sense of humor! You can look up the original case under MH-200800265.

The original court order does NOT name me a prohibited possessor, nor does it state that I lost any rights under AZ law, or Federal law.

I was discharged, told to seek treatment at the VA, and went on my merry way. I saw a Dr. there once a week for 8 months. Within 6 visits he definitively said that I don't have PTSD, and in his professional opinion I never did. I have a signed copy of this letter that I have provided to several government agencies, and have no problem providing it to any interested person.

In April of 2009 the case was dismissed through Yavapai County. I thought that this episode of my life was over, and I was pursuing my re-enlistment in the Marine Corps, and keeping up with my bachelors degree.

The morning of Jan 14th 2010 I was ambushed going into work (a convenient store that worked around my class schedule). Due to company policy, I was not carrying. I was ambushed by two plainclothes LEO's and five more appeared with M-4 carbines and body armor. I was tazed and taken into custody. I found out later they didn't have a warrant for my arrest, nor to search my vehicle, how ever they did both.

I believe this was a result of a brand new Deputy trying to make a name for himself. After several conversations with me at the range, he orchestrated the ambush, lied to his supervisors, and lied to a grand jury several days later to secure an indictment. His name is Deputy Clyde Bentley. The other officer involved in the false charges was Lt. Louthridge... he is deceased after driving drunk and running of the road, killing his teenage son also.

I was taken to the Yavapai County Jail, and housed in Administrative Segregation. This was because of my "military training"... I posed a threat to the Detention Officers. I spent 23 1/2 hrs a day in a cell by myself. I was only let out to take a shower.

The initial charges that were filed, were "aiding and abeting a terrorist organization, weapons misconduct, threatening and intimidating, obstruction of a government agency, and resisting arrest". At my initial appearance the state asked for $1,000,000 cash only bond. They sited my pistol (found in my vehicle) as proof that I was planning to commit heneious crimes. Never mind that I had a valid AZ CCW permit, and that I was within ALL Federal, State, and Local laws when having it in my possession. Despite the fact that this was my first alleged offense, and the fact that the 8th Ammendment prohibits excessive bond, the Judge set bond at $1,000,000 cash only.

The Sheriff's office procured a warrant to search the house I was living at. I lived there with a newly commissioned Marine Corps 2nd Lt. and a PLC poolee. They took ALL of our guns (16 of them). I found this out while still in jail. I received a copy of the grand jury indictment... A deputy stood before the grand jury and comitted perjury. He claimed that I was a prohibited possessor under Arizona State Law. He claimed that he went over my Court Ordered Treatment and that it prohibited me from possessing deadly weapons. He did look over my COT documents in my file cabinet, but they did NOT prohibit me from possessing firearms. In fact AZ law only labels a citizen a Prohibited Possessor if they are under COT for being dangerous to themselves or others... and being under COT for being persistently and acutely disabled doesn't effect my right to keep and bear arms. In fact while being under COT I purchased a rifle with an NICS background check because I forgot my CCW at home. The indictment read that I was to stand trial for 4 counts of "Knowingly possessing a deadly weapon while being a prohibited possessor." Two of my firearms were never accounted for, and one of my roommates was never given back his 1903A3 that was passed down from his grandfather. The rest (9) were returned to my roommates after copies of 4473's proved that they were the owners.

You can check the criminal case under CR-201000081.

I refused to wave time, and refused a request by the jail pshycologist to postpone trial for a year. He claimed that I was delusional because I claimed the Sheriff's office charged me with crimes that I did not commit, and were completely false. The prosecutor initially told me that he'd ask the judge to stack the them... 10 years. Then he tried to get me to plead to one count, and 2.5 years. Then he offered resisting arrest, the most petty felony, and serve 3 years probation. I told him to go fuck himself every time. Then two days before the trial started, the DA's office DROPPED all charges. I spent over three months in jail, ALL that time spent in administrative segregation.

I was released. I petitioned the court to order that the YCSO return my property. The court did. It took over a month to get some of my property back. As I said before two of my guns still haven't been returned, and over $5,000 dollars of property (ammo, reloading tools and components, tactical gear, and magazines) still haven't been returned. The YCSO still has not come up with a list of evidence taken from my house, or any type of signed accountability of my property.

Before any of my property was returned, I was arrested again, and charged with threatening and intimidating. A misdemeanor. The victims of those charges were 3 local Police Departments, and the Sheriff's office. The Judge (justice of the peace) released the same day and under my release conditions I was not allowed to possess weapons. When the YCSO returned my guns and property, I had a friend take possession of all of it. I stood trial and several LEO's testified that they felt intimidated by me. I was found guilty of threatening and intimidating and the judge sentenced me to 1 year supervised probation... one of the probation conditions being that I was not allowed to possess deadly weapons.

The original case is CR-201000449, and those charges were dropped. The new case was continued under CR-201000081.

I appealed, and I stood another trial in a superior court. Since this was a misdemeanor I was denied a jury trial on both occasions. The Judge upheld the conviction, but sentenced me to time served and no probation.

I took possession my property, and continued the pursuance of my hobby and 2nd Ammendment right to keep and bear arms. This was in the Summer of 2011.

In May of 2013, pursuant to A.R.S. 13-3112, I submitted the paperwork for the renewal of my AZ CCW. AZ being a constitutional carry state, I do not need a CCW to carry open OR concealed... However, having family in TX and MO, I keep my CCW current in order to lawfully carry in both those states.

In August 2013 I received a letter from the AZ Department of Public Safety notifying me that my CCW was revoked. Citing A.R.S. 13-3112 M, and my mental health case # MH-200800265.

On top of that, Donna Street (the director of the CCW division of the AZDPS), falsey reported me as a ‘prohibited possessor’ to the FBI and there NICS database. I’ve been unable to take possession of my property from my FFL because any 4473 comes back as failed. This has been going on since September 2013. All letters from the FBI in this regard has given Donna Street and the AZDPS as the reporting agency and to take up any errors with them.

I’ve had numerous contacts with Donna Street over the winter, pointing out the error of her ways, and providing A.R.S. entries as well as BATF directives on the subject. Yet she insists on ignoring the Arizona Revised Statutes, and still claims that I am a prohibited possessor.

I’ve obtained court documents from the same Superior Court that handled my original mental health case and even the Judge says that I’m NOT a prohibited possessor, nor was I ever!

With my documentation, and a court document in hand, I made an appointment to meet with Robert Halliday in late Feburary of 2014... the director of the AZDPS. I forwarded ALL my documentation to him, and demanded that he hold Donna Street accountable. Two days before the meeting, his secretary notified me that he canceled, and did not re-schedule. He has not returned any attempts to contact him.

I’ve contacted the Prescott Police Department, the Yavapai County Sheriffs Office, the AZ Attorney General, and the FBI to address some, or all this, and the misconduct of the agencies/officers involved. In every case, the answer has been ‘we will not pursue this.’

I have talked to several people from the NRA, and if you can believe it... they said that if some government agency were to arrest me on criminal charges of being a ‘prohibited possessor’ (again) then they would gladly take my case. The fact that a State agency has falsely reported me as one isn’t real pressing, and there assets could be better used elsewhere.

Sorry to hear. Hopefully you can fix it. The root of the problem deals with a federal agency and not a local state police department. There initial report is what led to all subsequent arrests and the "threat" you were perceived to be. The fact that we should all be in fear for our lives when pulled over for speeding still isn't there.

I couldn't read all of that but I did get one thing out of it. You seem to get tazed a lot. Wonder why?

Whats the VA drama have to do with the OP? I suggest you get a lawyer.

I posted this because of a request about my experiences, in relation to traffic stops my experience has nothing to add... However, it does show that the law enforcement community consistently acts without accountability, they blatantly act in defiance of the law and don't admit that there was any wrong done. The outcry from the OP was pretty much split between citizens, and LEO's... with LEO's throwing a tantrum about the citizens calling them on there lack of accountability.

The law enforcement community in this nation has lost much of the respect it used to have... actually being being honest and owning up to mistakes, and holding there own accountable would go a lot further than turning a blind eye.

I posted this story before in a thread about 'guns and veterans w/ PTSD.' It has disappeared, had it still been part of this forum, I would have just linked it.

A lawyer?? And do what?? Pursue this civilly?? Should a court award me some monetary compensation for all this, then it would be the citizens that would lose again! There are no repercussions for the misconduct of LEO's... any civil suit payout is done with the tax dollars of the citizens living within that entity. The city of Prescott is already in deep shit when it comes to it's budget, Yavapai county is no better. Should I lodge a civil suit, the parties involved would NOT admit wrong doing... I would take money away from an already in-adequate budget, and best case scenario the county and city would raise taxes. Sounds like a great outcome to me!

Sorry to hear. Hopefully you can fix it. The root of the problem deals with a federal agency and not a local state police department. There initial report is what led to all subsequent arrests and the "threat" you were perceived to be. The fact that we should all be in fear for our lives when pulled over for speeding still isn't there.

The root of the 'problem' isn't a federal agency. Yes, the VA started the whole thing, but that doesn't excuse the fact that law enforcement lied about me (to a grand jury), stole from me, took my 2nd Amendment right without due process and within that denied my 14th Amendment right, the way I was treated while in jail (and still presumed innocent), or the fact that NO ONE in the law enforcement community has admitted any wrong doing, or misconduct.

In my experience there was misconduct by numerous people, and agencies. The VA, most veterans I know will admit that the VA does more harm to veterans than it helps, however there were more than a few people in the VA system that apologized and worked to rectify the mistake. The judicial branch and the several judges involved in the multiple cases I was involved with, I received several apologies, and court orders correcting the mistakes that were made.

There is a big difference though... if I don't want to see a Dr., I don't go to the Dr.'s office. If I don't want to see a shrink, I don't go... In most professions people don't have the right, or feel the need, to interfere with my life. I hate law enforcement... I readily admit that, and I definitely don't apologize for that. I didn't use to, but the fact that they hide behind there numbers and badges like a gang, the way they treated me, and there actions which are definitely above the law have formed my opinion of them.

The VA very well started it, but it doesn't excuse the incompetence of the deputies involved, or there complete lack of knowledge related to AZ law, it doesn't excuse Donna Street's blatant refusal to abide by the laws set forth in the A.R.S., it doesn't excuse Bentley's perjury, it doesn't excuse the fact that my property was stolen by those 'protecting and serving', it doesn't excuse the fact that they can't abide by a court order, and it definitely doesn't excuse the liberty taken from me without due process.

As said above, I'm not going to pursue this civilly. What I want is for the respective agencies to admit they were wrong, and fix it!! pursuing this in a civil court wouldn't get me that, and it makes me sick that the government which is supposed to be accountable to the people... is anything but!

I couldn't read all of that but I did get one thing out of it. You seem to get tazed a lot. Wonder why?

Cause I'm a scary SOB! :)

HA!

So because a police officer of some sort supposedly did something wrong to you and you won't fight it in any legal way, every single law enforcement officer is a blood thirsty thief? You don't see that as sort of a stretch? I don't see how your PTSD issues have anything to do with me. You keep calling me out and saying I don't respect citizens when I have put my life on the line for this country and the American people in both the military and continue to do so in law enforcement. That's sort of a jerk move don't you think? Then you keep telling me to quit crying on top of it? I'm still trying to find any evidence of crying.

When I was in the Marines I came across a few I didn't like. I supposed I should have run around the internet claiming that every Marine is a piece of shit because I felt that I was wronged by one.

Just last thursday a gang member opened fire on us when we were simply doing a probation compliance check of an apartment that had nothing to do with him. We had no inanition of even talking to him. He then ran off after a brief gunfight. We later located him hiding in a trashcan because a K9 suddenly alerted on it during a search. The gang member opened fire on the dog and us again. The dog was hit in the face and chest and is currently undergoing surgeries. No other officers were hit and the suspect lost. He had only been out of prison for two weeks and on parole for auto theft, possession of firearms, narcotics sales, and assault on a peace officer.

In your opinion 0933, where did we go wrong there? Are we still assholes for dealing with a guy who tried to kill us and was a severe danger to the community? These things happen more frequently then you believe. We don't all work in quiet little towns and eat donuts.

I'm sure you'll attack me again which is pretty common from types like you. But on behalf of my brothers in law enforcement, you're welcome to continue living under the blanket of safety that law enforcement in general works hard to provide you while you do everything you can to bad mouth us and stab us in the back.

Seems to me that 0933 has a major issue controlling his anger. Evident by the fact of him being tased just about every time he interacts with LE and how he tells his doctors and prosecutor to "fuck off". Not easy to see why he can't get representation for his case. Maybe if you didn't have such a poor attitude and start taking responsibility for your actions, shit might start looking up for you.

Heitmann45,

Glad you boys made it out of that little fracas safe. How is Bruno, progressing?