• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

How did I do?

ponchair

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2007
Tempe, AZ
GROUP.jpg

.205" 4 shot group, .55 with 5th shot flyer @ 100 yards

This is my first time to reload, I picked up bits and pieces from all you guys on the Hide.

So thank you for all your input.

Load Data
.243 Win
Lapua Brass
87gr VMAX
40grs of H4350
COL 2.655
Remington 9 1/2 Primers

Equipment:Remington VLS, with AICS, Nightforce 3.5x15 NXS

Re: How did I do?

i'll chime in...looks good man, keep it up! makes you feel good to reap what you have sown...
ward

very very nice mate

Did you fiddle around with seating depth at all or did you just find a consistent powder load? or both?

I used the RCBS Precision MIC and went from what it told me and backed it off the lands. The powder I just got lucky on. I want to increase the velocity a tad, but I will try that out sometime next week.

If thats you first reloads you have done very well.
Its a shame you got hit by the 5th shot .
It always happens like that 4 in a bug hole and number 5 jumps out.
Don't chase velocity at the expense of accuracy for 100 , 200 ranges .

Can't beat that for your first time reloading. I have the same problems with the 5th round. I sometimes will offset the reticle(add elevation or windage) so I don't focus on the group, just the target and crosshairs.

Congratulations. It looks like you "fell into" a good load. I'm happy you did well. Just don't expect EVERY other trial load to go as easy. Some times things just fall into place. Other times you have to chase specifics down & beat them with a club to get a decent group. Sometimes powder / bullet combinations just don't do as good as other loads.

Once again, congratulations on a good load.

Thank you guys, I have all of you to thank for the amount of input that I receive across the board.

It's rare to buy that accuracy off a shelf!

Congrats! Your doing something right! Now just repeat it!

It's always fun looking thru the scope seeing that one ragged hole!

Everyone here gets off on it! If they say they don't then they are not reloaders

Terry