• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How do people have full auto weapons?

I see lots of youtube videos of people shooting full auto weapons, and was wondering how expensive and hard the process is?
It’s no different than getting a suppressor.....as long as it was manufactured before 1986. You maybe are an SOT with a law enforcement demo letter. Or perhaps the guys you see on you tube rented hthe gun and the actual owner is off canera

I see lots of youtube videos of people shooting full auto weapons, and was wondering how expensive and hard the process is?

The process is not much different than buying a suppressor.

You will however need probably around $30k to $40k but it depends, there are some deals to be had in the $10k to $20k mark for not as popular stuff.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
You can get SMGs and machine pistols for 7-10K on a good day, thats entry stuff. A fun MG will run 20k

Reactions: diverdon
Shit ton available on gunbroker,
And another 20 k for ammo and spare parts.

For most individuals, full auto is a solution in search of a problem.

Speed, accuracy and violence of action with a semiautomatic will solve 99% of problems that can be solved with an automatic whatever at the man-on-man level up to being ridiculously outnumbered. Even then, applied violence against a few would cause reconsideration by the many.

except volume fire and suppressive fire. Autos are good at that.

Last edited:

Speed, accuracy and violence of action with a semiautomatic will solve 99% of problems that can be solved with an automatic whatever at the man-on-man level up to being ridiculously outnumbered. Even then, applied violence against a few would cause reconsideration by the many.

What about full semi auto?

I’ve only shot full auto once. And that was just a suppressed Uzi.
That said, typically, you have to be naked to have that much fun........

Reactions: FishinGuns
I think your point is "here in the US of Shall Not Be Infringed A" but it's fairly easy, if you have employable skills.

Get a job as a shooter/PSD type contractor in the sandbox of your choosing. Easy peasy! Somebody probably will just give you one to use. (hint) I would hold out for a belt-fed, because... Belt fed. But I wouldn't turn down an Mp5, unless expected engagement distance was past up-close & personal range... In any case, they'll probably issue you an M4/AR style, or maybe if you're a very good boy, an AK.

You're welcome!

I think your point is "here in the US of Shall Not Be Infringed A" but it's fairly easy, if you have employable skills.

Get a job as a shooter/PSD type contractor in the sandbox of your choosing. Easy peasy! Somebody probably will just give you one to use. (hint) I would hold out for a belt-fed, because... Belt fed. But I wouldn't turn down an Mp5, unless expected engagement distance was past up-close & personal range... In any case, they'll probably issue you an M4/AR style, or maybe if you're a very good boy, an AK.

You're welcome!

HTF does that answer anything close to what the OP asked

F/A is about as much fun that you can have with your pants on. Haven’t tried it without pants yet though.

legit F/A is an expensive rabbit hole. Binary triggers are about as close as you can get without following the rabbit. They make the binary triggers for most weapon platforms now

Reactions: 308pirate
(laughing) it doesn't! Maybe. But I have no other experience to use in offering any other ideas. But

Anybody who has ever built an AK can tell him how simple (but illegal w/o all the paperwork) it is to get a select fire rifle, but I didn't really wanna get into that.... Full auto is, in my opinion, over-rated. Nice to have the option, but accurate aimed semi auto fire is much mo bedda. Exception being belt fed, bipod or mounted guns.

It was just a suggestion. (shrugs shoulders) Not to be a jerk, but where is your helpful comment?

Last edited:
Reactions: Defuzer
I don't know how the paperwork is done but I know that certain private / Contracting security firms can have full auto. All you have to do is set up such a company.

Yeah cause we are at war everyday!!

Three main reasons to buy full auto:
shit ton of fun
Average return on investment is around 5percent per year.
Serious bragging rights and flex

Reactions: Sniperwannabee

shit ton of fun
I sold my M-60 in 1986 ($7,500) and have regretted it EVERYDAY since.
Thete hasn't been a day go by that I haven't grieved

Reactions: themightytimmah

shit ton of fun
Big dick energy, but you forgot the main reason.....because fuck you that’s why!

Reactions: Peterpan
a lot of the full auto weapons you see on Youtube are typically on loan, either from the owner, the Mfg, or an SOT.

process isnt hard to buy one yourself.....you just need money, a clean BG check, more money, and patience

From what I’ve read online, it really shouldn’t be too hard. As long as you have the patience to go through the paperwork and the money to buy..
I read somewhere that you can set up your own company on paper, and as long as you demo one of your post sample guns to a police department once or twice a year you remain legitimate. Only problem is you can’t keep them without current paperwork. If you cannot afford it anymore or don’t want to go out and do the things that you’re required to do to be a legitimate company you have to sell them.

something needs to be done about the law on pre sample guns. Every year we go past 1986 the surviving guns dwindle. It is already unconstitutional to ban AW, but it gets more blatant every year foreword.

Reactions: Nimothy
If it's just "go have fun", buy a ticket to Las Vegas and get a decent hotel room. Go to anyone of a dozen ranges with FA stuff to rent and go nuts. You can even do a dune buggy + M240B adventure and shoot shit up out in the desert at full speed. Or go do one of the "Operator AF" shoothouses.
Afterwards have a couple few drinks, a nice dinner and a happy ending to cure that raging hardon.
You could do that trip once a year for the next 50 and it will be cheaper than owning a belt-fed and the ammo it will burn.
Bonus: you don't have to clean anything when you're done.. At the range or otherwise.

I really don't get what the fuss is about. I have been firing full autos since 1993.
You pull the trigger once and the gun empties... big fucking deal.

1) You didn't hit shit.
2) Your gun is too hot to hold.
3) A lot of money just literally went into the dirt.
4) Now you gotta clean the nasty motherfucker

If you can afford it why not own a full auto . People want what ever it is they want regardless of someone else's idea of practicality . I have no practical use for but still would love to own 1/2 dozen of them myself just to satisfy my own wants . Why do people do anything if not because they want to do it .

I really don't get what the fuss is about. I have been firing full autos since 1993.
You pull the trigger once and the gun empties... big fucking deal.

1) You didn't hit shit.
2) Your gun is too hot to hold.
3) A lot of money just literally went into the dirt.
4) Now you gotta clean the nasty motherfucker

the fuss has to do mostly with supply and demand, and having a toy that cost more than most peoples cars.

Also while your pistol from 1993 was worth $400 back then is probably still worth $400 today, your auto which was worth $4,000 back then is now worth $15,000.
You cannot add anymore full auto to the registry. That means every year supply can only go down never up, making them a good long term investment, as long as big brother never bans them of course.

Apply for a Class 7 FFL ($150).

Apply for your SOT after you get your FFL ($500).

Build whatever you want....
]

A few ways but today, this is the best way to go about MG's

Also you the following.

Legacy owners who purchased before the market took off.
Current buyers who have the funds and instead of buying a Harley Davidson, they but a MG.
Although illegal, People who drop in a disposable swift link or mod an HK trigger pack and use at private ranges who play the odds that nobody cares.

Reactions: themightytimmah
I sold my M-60 in 1986 ($7,500) and have regretted it EVERYDAY since.
Thete hasn't been a day go by that I haven't grieved

That sucks, but in hindsight...
a buddy of mine owned a half dozen hk sears and sold each of them for $500 a pop in the late eighties. Those sears are now worth $30k a piece.

Another friend of mine sold $10k of bitcoin 6-7 years ago to buy gold eagles. If he would have kept those bitcoins they would have been worth over $5million dollars. Now that is a serious kick in the nuts.

I was sure the Op was gonna get flamed to hell and back, but I guess mercy was shown.

You're welcome!

Can't tell if serious...

Need vs want. With the right trigger and training you can run a semi auto gun just as fast as an auto. Shit sometimes we have to over gas the gun so it can keep up

If it's just "go have fun", buy a ticket to Las Vegas and get a decent hotel room. Go to anyone of a dozen ranges with FA stuff to rent and go nuts. You can even do a dune buggy + M240B adventure and shoot shit up out in the desert at full speed. Or go do one of the "Operator AF" shoothouses.
Afterwards have a couple few drinks, a nice dinner and a happy ending to cure that raging hardon.
You could do that trip once a year for the next 50 and it will be cheaper than owning a belt-fed and the ammo it will burn.
Bonus: you don't have to clean anything when you're done.. At the range or otherwise.

I got a select fire paintball gun. Used to compete in a team many years back, tens of thousands cheaper than title ii weapons, and could shoot at moving targets on two legs without consequence.
Here’s a clip with some of my former teammates. Cyclic rate in competition is capped at 33 bps.

I got a select fire paintball gun. Used to compete in a team many years back, tens of thousands cheaper than title ii weapons, and could shoot at moving targets on two legs without consequence.
Here’s a clip with some of my former teammates. Cyclic rate in competition is capped at 33 bps.

Who did you play for? Used to play paintball back in the day with a few different teams, played an nppl event or two, right when x-ball was coming about, then I joined the mil. The good ole ramping days, everyone was cheating...I can’t imagine what they have now.

Devious in the nppl days. Some of my buddies went on to Damage and Ironmen.

You can’t wipe a welt!

I had a virtue board programmed so the first trigger was F/A for the breakout, personally felt that ramping just wasted paint. Last tournament I played was a 3 man ctf, took first place and then kind of hung it all up. 3-5 cases of paint every weekend got spendy.

Re: full auto... having limited experience with it (a drum through an RPK, a mag through an M16, and half a mag through an M16 w/ .22LR conversion), I can echo the sentiments above... good for putting a smile on your face due to the novelty of it, but pretty useless in practical scenarios for the vast majority of us. I'm not military/contractor or even LE (for whom full auto is unnecessary, IMO), so beyond the possibility of letting rip into a sounder of pigs, there's just no situation in which I am likely to find myself where FA does anything for me that semi-auto wouldn't do.

It's kinda like having a 1000+ horsepower street car... sure, it's fun to briefly let it off the leash every once in awhile just for the sake of doing it; beyond that, you need to take it somewhere specific in order to really use it to its full potential, and even then, the point of the exercise is kinda circular in that it's there solely to let people use their toys in a safe environment (think: machine gun shoots... they only exist to let people run FA, not to accomplish any sort of task that can only be accomplished via FA).

So I said all that to say this... I wouldn't mind having an FA piece in the collection just for the sake of having it, but I can't see myself doing anything with it other than handing it to newbs to rip through a mag and get the big shit-eating grin on their face.

Almost all of the YouTube guys are doing it on a SOT, so you can get post-86 autos. Everyone with a G18, SCAR or MP7, etc, is doing it with a dealer sample.

The ATF is getting stricter about legitimately being in the business of selling or making firearms, as this is an easy way to a cheap collection (and to getting busted).

If you are a manufacturer you can buy whatever you want without a demo letter. Cops occasionally get the eye for crazy demo letters they’ve written (good luck getting a mini gun on a law letter these days).The easiest way to slice this pie legally is to open a business that makes SBRs or SBS (that’s what Red Jacket from the old “sons of guns” show did.

MP5 for around 40k.

For that what you really want is either the registered trigger pack, or the registered sear (most seem to think the registered sear is more desirable).

Then you can make pretty much anything HK roller locked into F/A so you can have everything from a 9mm Subgun to a .308 beltfed conversion all for the entry cost of one sear/trigger pack.

That's kind of why the sears / trigger packs are $30k+

And back when I could have bought one for $15k I thought it was way too expensive for a tiny piece of metal...

For that what you really want is either the registered trigger pack, or the registered sear (most seem to think the registered sear is more desirable).

Then you can make pretty much anything HK roller locked into F/A so you can have everything from a 9mm Subgun to a .308 beltfed conversion all for the entry cost of one sear/trigger pack.

That's kind of why the sears / trigger packs are $30k+

And back when I could have bought one for $15k I thought it was way too expensive for a tiny piece of metal...

You and me both.

• Sad
Reactions: W54/XM-388
I forget the name of the trigger but it fires on pull fires on release... Get one of those and practice.

As to a proper trigger tune and learning how to work a regular single stage trigger and having to over gas... yeah, sucks whenever you have to wait for the gun to return battery to pull the trigger... LOL.

I forget the name of the trigger but it fires on pull fires on release... Get one of those and practice.

As to a proper trigger tune and learning how to work a regular single stage trigger and having to over gas... yeah, sucks whenever you have to wait for the gun to return battery to pull the trigger... LOL.
called a binary trigger.