• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How do you be successful on Discord?

svxwilson

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 23, 2013
    Montana
    I have been using Discord for about 2 weeks and havent had any luck getting anything I need (primers or powder). I can get to the website and see it in stock but after adding it to the cart the website crashes or during the checkout process the product becomes unavailable and the websites remove it from your cart.

Anyone have any tips on how to be suscesfull using discord or know of something better? I would happily pay for something better if it exists.

Thanks for your input in advance.

Yeah i know every one had discord as this magic option, yet so many people hit the website in crashes. Luck and sacrifice of goats.

Reactions: TommyD11730
    I

its not hahah It just gives me a link to a crashed website or sold out item🤣

lol.

is it just people sharing links like we do here? or is it some kind of automated thing.

i guess i'm getting lost on what is the bot part and what is the forum part. are they two separate things people are talking about?

How can you be successful on Discord?

You can’t.

There are so many people using apps like Distill that by the time
    Distill sends the link to Discord, the Distill users are checking out and depleting the available stock to zero.

Reactions: goneballistic
    Its kinda like a community ammo-seek. Ironically almost as soon as somone posts a link, the OOS icon appears underneath. Somehow there is a small delay or something. Anyway it sorta helps, but so many people grabbing as much as possible it creates huge traffic.

How can you be successful on Discord?

You can’t.

There are so many people using apps like Distill that by the time
    Distill sends the link to Discord, the Distill users are checking out and depleting the available stock to zero.
    Edit:
    Thanks for the tip on Distill. Downloaded it and we will see how well it works. That may be the "best pro tip" is showing me where to fish.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Lynn313
    I picked up primers from notifications on Discord. You have to be fast. From time the alert goes out to OOS is less than 30 seconds.

You need to have an account already at all these websites that sell powder. You need to also have your CC info on file with them. You also need to be signed in permanently so that when you visit those websites, you dont lose time signing.

Then, if all that is in place, you need to add to cart and checkout as quickly as possible when you get the alert from discord. Even then, youre going to need a lot of luck...

I got lucky and scored some powder yesterday from discord notifications. No shipping confirmation yet but I’m hopeful. I haven’t been fast enough to snag any primers yet. Missed out 210m twice now.

I’ve bought powder from discord notifications, ammo seek, and just stumbling across it. Helps that all meetings are virtual so I’m at my computer a lot.

primer are by far the Hardest to get.

midway has released some cci over last few min though so keep an eye out!

midway has released some cci over last few min though so keep an eye out!
    I got the ammoseek alertand immediately followed the link to find oos. Happened three times since yesterday like that.

Just got 5k CCI#450 Primers at midway. Let's Gooooooo!

I saw the notification from discord for other primers and thought #450 would drop soon after. A couple minutes later they did...I've been trying to make this happen for a couple months.

Just got 5k CCI#450 Primers at midway. Let's Gooooooo!

I saw the notification from discord for other primers and thought #450 would drop soon after. A couple minutes later they did...I've been trying to make this happen for a couple months.
    While my order was processing they went out of stock and it reverted me back to an empty cart...😑

Reactions: LV Precision
    I was so close. Got to the placing your order spinning circle and it went out of stock on midway just now. A lot of people just scored hard with 5k sleeves of all different primers.

Gunbroker gonna be flooded in a week or two 🙄

I’ve been using discord for two weeks now. So far, I’ve scored 15,000 various small/large primers for myself and friends in need, along with powders such as N570 and H4350.

As others have stated, once a notification is sent out of _ primer or powder, by the time you get there or try to checkout the items are out of stock (sometimes it does work).
    But here is the trick: let’s say you get a ping for CCI large rifle primers from midway. Go to midway, filter primers, then CCI, and refresh the page for a while. Odds are high that midway will add other CCI primers. That happened this evening. Got the notification for CCI large, didn’t really need those, refreshed for 10 minutes, then scored 5k CCI small rifle primers right as the bots were sending out notifications.
    Did this earlier this week on Brownells for N570. Started getting notifications for n565 in stock, refreshed for a bit, then I snagged 8lbs of N570 before a ping was sent.

Got discord last night, got 5k CCI 450s tonight. Not bad.. not bad at all.

And yea, it quickly became apparent that distill users are hitting practically everything before the link hits discord. You kind of need to time it and have a bit of luck as well.

I’ve been using discord for two weeks now. So far, I’ve scored 15,000 various small/large primers for myself and friends in need, along with powders such as N570 and H4350.

As others have stated, once a notification is sent out of _ primer or powder, by the time you get there or try to checkout the items are out of stock (sometimes it does work).
    But here is the trick: let’s say you get a ping for CCI large rifle primers from midway. Go to midway, filter primers, then CCI, and refresh the page for a while. Odds are high that midway will add other CCI primers. That happened this evening. Got the notification for CCI large, didn’t really need those, refreshed for 10 minutes, then scored 5k CCI small rifle primers right as the bots were sending out notifications.
    Did this earlier this week on Brownells for N570. Started getting notifications for n565 in stock, refreshed for a bit, then I snagged 8lbs of N570 before a ping was sent.
    This.. you can kinda tell when it’s going to start dropping with the first notification. I’ve scored 4lb of various powders I needed in the last two days. Got out sniped on H1000 twice today. I’ve been trying to just get 2lb of it since this summer. Not gonna lie..about threw my phone out of my office when I finalized check out and they were gone.

This.. you can kinda tell when it’s going to start dropping with the first notification. I’ve scored 4lb of various powders I needed in the last two days. Got out sniped on H1000 twice today. I’ve been trying to just get 2lb of it since this summer. Not gonna lie..about threw my phone out of my office when I finalized check out and they were gone.
    Had the same happen with a PV powder drop. Saw a notification for some type of IMR powder and figured they probably got a bunch of IMR powder in so I checked the one I wanted and sure enough it was there

It's pure luck, I swear. I've been trying for days and have zero successful orders for primers. Last night's midway deal I was trying to get the 450s before the site ever showed in stock. I was refreshing the page forever, saw them in stock, and immediately added to cart and checkout. Then spinning wheel for the next minute, and get rejected that there are not enough in stock to fill the order. Happened 3 times now with midway.

I am seriously hoping that discord gets shut down or the sites find a way to allow pre-orders and we just get orders when our time comes. I would gladly pay right now for a case of primers sometime this year, I don't care when.

well discord went from a couple thousand to now almost 10 thousand members in the last couple months so there you go.

I posted a couple times about powder drops being in batches from a certain brand so if you see a powder of the same brand you want get your ass to the product screen and hope the powder you want hits.

Got a couple jugs of H1000 being delivered today so the discord is still useful, just have to adjust tactics as more people get wise.

If you click the link in the discord it will take you to a browser window within the app, which won’t be logged in to your account so I immediately hit the globe to open the link in my web browser that is always signed in.

Don’t pussy foot around either and try to find 40 lb of powder to max your hazmat fee. By the time you do it’s all oos. Put 2 jugs or 10 #1 of the shit you want in your cart and check the fuck out. PV or anyone else will not combine orders so don’t bother asking.

even at 10 thousand on discord you’re still the top 1% of the shooting public so your chances are better than joe six pack who just hits F5 on midway when he gets home from work. If it’s too much for you, buy a pellet gun before those are sold out too.

Good luck.

Reactions: Olen_4504
    Well I decided to become a paying member of Distill. I will report back if I have any luck. Already have the notifications out there for what I am looking for. Will be interesting to see of its faster than discord.

Thanks for your tips fellas!

If you know what distill is, don't try it with midsouth. only installed it last night to try and get on the winning team and already have been banned lol..

honestly i hope all the sites do that too though.

Reactions: rady and JTinMO
    If you know what distill is, don't try it with midsouth. only installed it last night to try and get on the winning team and already have been banned lol..

honestly i hope all the sites do that too though.

Lol!

It's a fine line between refreshing fast enough to get a back in stock notice with enough advance notice so you can order in time before they go out of stock, or triggering the flooding/DDOS protections of the hosting provider and getting your IP temporarily or permanently banned.

How many pages were you watching at midsouth and what was the refresh rate?

As bots continue to get more popular for this kind of use, expect the web hosting providers to implement stricter parameters for flooding/DDOS detections and IP bans.

It would be nice if these places implemented maximum order quantities and allowed each customer a certain amount of backorders, but with limited supplies and people gaming the system that opens another can of worms...

Lol!

It's a fine line between refreshing fast enough to get a back in stock notice with enough advance notice so you can order in time before they go out of stock, or triggering the flooding/DDOS protections of the hosting provider and getting your IP temporarily or permanently banned.

How many pages were you watching at midsouth and what was the refresh rate?

As bots continue to get more popular for this kind of use, expect the web hosting providers to implement stricter parameters for flooding/DDOS detections and IP bans.

It would be nice if these places implemented maximum order quantities and allowed each customer a certain amount of backorders, but with limited supplies and people gaming the system that opens another can of worms...

i was just monitoring the in stock primer page. Refreshing at whatever the minimum was, every 5 seconds or so I think? It’s new to me so I was just messing around with the settings.

I agree with you on max orders or back orders. I never knew shooters were such keyboard warriors. I expect this type of behavior from people trying to buy a ps5 or the latest graphics card but not people buying reloading components.

Yeah, 5 seconds is going to trigger flood/DDOS protection, lol!

Unfortunately given the demand, even a 60 second refresh rate might not be fast enough for you to grab stuff before it goes out of stock... And 60 seconds might also trigger the flooding/DDOS protection.

Back in the newtown panic and to a lesser extent the 2016 election panic, midsouth, natchez, and brownells were good about allowing backorders. Powder valley used to take backorders over the phone too. I placed quite a few, and while it took 10+ months to receive some of them, everything arrived.

Would be nice to see a first come, first served maximum quantity allowed backorder system be implemented, with say an every 30 day email check-in to see if you still want to keep the backorder alive-- that would certainly reduce or eliminate the bot driven feeding frenzy we're seeing now.

Looking at it from the vendors standpoint, I don't want to think about how long that backorder list might get given the current supply and demand issues. And having to deal with pissed off customers that had their backorders cancelled because they didn't respond to the automated keep alive email in time. And customers calling and emailing 10 times a week for backorder status and ETA. And having to deal with taking updated payment methods 8 months later when items are ready to ship but the card the customer placed the order with is no longer valid.

The current situation sucks for the customer, but is much less hassle for the vendors than maintaining a huge backorder list.

Yeah, 5 seconds is going to trigger flood/DDOS protection, lol!

Unfortunately given the demand, even a 60 second refresh rate might not be fast enough for you to grab stuff before it goes out of stock... And 60 seconds might also trigger the flooding/DDOS protection.

Back in the newtown panic and to a lesser extent the 2016 election panic, midsouth, natchez, and brownells were good about allowing backorders. Powder valley used to take backorders over the phone too. I placed quite a few, and while it took 10+ months to receive some of them, everything arrived.

Would be nice to see a first come, first served maximum quantity allowed backorder system be implemented, with say an every 30 day email check-in to see if you still want to keep the backorder alive-- that would certainly reduce or eliminate the bot driven feeding frenzy we're seeing now.

Looking at it from the vendors standpoint, I don't want to think about how long that backorder list might get given the current supply and demand issues. And having to deal with pissed off customers that had their backorders cancelled because they didn't respond to the automated keep alive email in time. And customers calling and emailing 10 times a week for backorder status and ETA. And having to deal with taking updated payment methods 8 months later when items are ready to ship but the card the customer placed the order with is no longer valid.

The current situation sucks for the customer, but is much less hassle for the vendors than maintaining a huge backorder list.
    I completely agree. I would love to see a backorder system and nothing hit the sites for sale until this blows over. I can't see how these companies are dealing with thousands of orders in a minute. Their IT group must be hating life.

I think being able to backorder would solve a lot of the panic buying going on. I have a enough primers on hand that if it was 10-12 months before my primer shipment came in I’d be fine and I wouldn’t be too worried about not being able to resupply. And it would help the supply chain figure out exactly how much is needed without everyone panic buying and scalpers buying only to sell on gunbroker

RMR has been doing it for a while and its working fine. Take the order with 2 giant walls of text as a disclaimer stating that its going to be a long time.. people put in their orders and forget about it until it arrives a couple months later. Everyone's happy and no one is crashing their website despite selling hugemungous volumes monthly. There also isn't a crazy resale market for their stuff because people know they can go put in their order and relax knowing it will come and they don't have to worry about it. I'm sure its more work for them.. but I sure as hell appreciate it.

RMR has been doing it for a while and its working fine. Take the order with 2 giant walls of text as a disclaimer stating that its going to be a long time.. people put in their orders and forget about it until it arrives a couple months later. Everyone's happy and no one is crashing their website despite selling hugemungous volumes monthly. There also isn't a crazy resale market for their stuff because people know they can go put in their order and relax knowing it will come and they don't have to worry about it. I'm sure its more work for them.. but I sure as hell appreciate it.

Love rmr, an island of calm in a sea of shitstorms.

The problem with the sites like Midway and Brownells is that they don’t assign the objects in your cart to you until they are paid for. Because the resellers are using bots to monitor and fill orders they basically steal the objects from your cart. Once an item is in your cart it should be held for at least a couple of minutes to allow you to check out. It’s not like the sellers are taking a risk if you change your mind the product will sell.