• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How do you be successful on Discord?

The problem with the sites like Midway and Brownells is that they don’t assign the objects in your cart to you until they are paid for. Because the resellers are using bots to monitor and fill orders they basically steal the objects from your cart. Once an item is in your cart it should be held for at least a couple of minutes to allow you to check out. It’s not like the sellers are taking a risk if you change your mind the product will sell.
Yup, I have had about 15K primer nicked the past couple days when I had them in my cart

RMR has been doing it for a while and its working fine. Take the order with 2 giant walls of text as a disclaimer stating that its going to be a long time.. people put in their orders and forget about it until it arrives a couple months later. Everyone's happy and no one is crashing their website despite selling hugemungous volumes monthly. There also isn't a crazy resale market for their stuff because people know they can go put in their order and relax knowing it will come and they don't have to worry about it. I'm sure its more work for them.. but I sure as hell appreciate it.

Did you mean RSR, the big distribution group, or RMR the reloading supplier?

Be nice if RSR was taking backorders. Around June of last year I tried to order a shotgun from my LGS, and RSR was not allowing any backorders at that time... Saw it right on the computer behind the counter that was logged into RSR's dealer page.

If RSR is allowing backorders now, guess I need to go visit my LGS again and place a backorder-- much better than trying to find it in stock online or having to pay $500 over msrp on gunbroker.

Edit: ah, I see the big disclaimer on RMR's page about long backorders. Nice they're allowing them!

Last edited:
I joined discord and had the same luck as most above. A couple members are onto something I believe. When 1 item comes in stock about 1 min later another item from the same manufacturer comes available. Primers were popping up on midway 2 days ago and I tried for 1k lrp and would get through a couple steps of the checkout and it would kick me off and empty the cart. Then I logged in and tried the next round of lrp that came available and had an old card on file so by the time I entered the new info I got kicked again.

By this time discord notifications were going wild and I kept refreshing the midway primer search and it seemed to be all cci primers coming I stock so I filtered down to their product and sure enough 5000 srp magnums were in stock and I got em!!!!! Wooooo. The order process completed but then I got an error at the end saying my cart was empty but I got a midway shipping email later on.

So my advice is create an account and wait for the notification and when people are trying to order what the notification was for you hold out and wait to see what comes in stock next and complete the order process.

I don't see any 6.5mm bullets available on Rocky Mountain Reloading, are you talking about another company?
RMR is primarily for pistol bullets, but they do have bulk 224 and 308 bullets among some other stuff. Its not a place you are going to find match 6.5 projectiles if thats what you are after. They make great 9mm projectiles and have great prices, that is what I primarily use them for.

check check again and keep doing it over and over every 20 sec till your drooling and you have pulled out your hair from frustration stop for 10 min then come back only to see you missed being able to get what you wanted get drunk miss a few more things being sold get back to the grind and find even more determination not to miss it next time . you might get lucky and get what you want good luck and best wishes . and don't for get to keep checking the internet like a lost soul or you might miss something there as well .I got 5 open windows I refresh every 20 min including discord and a few others its a non paying job .

Discord doesn't always hit in stock either--I was monitoring and there was a powder drop at midway for Hodgdon Hi Skor(damn I can never spell it). I went to check my 'favs' and sure enough IMR4451 was in stock. It never got announced on discord, but my ammoseek did trigger (I got it before Ammo seek went off).

I think the best is to try and get distill working (it monitors a webpage every 30 seconds), but then of course, you have to monitor EVERY webpage which is a lot of work.

As a computer nerd, I had my own code running, not aware there was a plugin. TLDR: Use multiple tools. Luck helps A LOT

Out of sheer luck I snagged cci 450s this morning. Was logged into midway already and saw the notification hit. Added to cart and checked out as soon as I could click through. After missing out on 3 other drops during checkout I finally got one. So I can’t badmouth discord too much now.

How do you get the notifications? I installed the app, created my own server, but what next? Thanks

I've searched for it and nothing comes up. Is that the name of it?

I don't see any simple instructions posted above. I'm on the app. Someone referenced mee6. I can only find mee6 Support server. Tried searching reloading, nothing. Could someone please help me get to the right place? Thank you.

Click on the menu and then click on the green plus.
2512F803-26D7-492A-9E8D-A6180401444E.png

Then at the bottom click on join a server. Then type in reloading.
5A8BEAE2-CB5D-433F-90FB-468F76D30C0C.png

I don't see any simple instructions posted above. I'm on the app. Someone referenced mee6. I can only find mee6 Support server. Tried searching reloading, nothing. Could someone please help me get to the right place? Thank you.
You just go to it...

And suddenly Discord went from 10k users to 100k, and became a complete waste of time for everyone.

Yup. I joined when it was 2k or so and it was extremely helpful. It's gotten much more competitive since then. Fortunately I'm looking for less items now though.

@Tx_Aggie @TX_Diver

It has been absolutely a waste of time for primers, but I have scored powder and Bullets without issue the last month on Discord.

And as the server grows it will become a waste of time for bullets and powder.

It's already at the point where notifications for high demand items result in a rush that's essentially a DDOS attack on the vendor's website, often crashing sites or slowing the larger ones down to the point that they are nearly impossible to use until the rush passes.

@Tx_Aggie @TX_Diver

It has been absolutely a waste of time for primers, but I have scored powder and Bullets without issue the last month on Discord.

I got one order of primers through but all the others have been cancelled. In the early days of it I passed up a lot of 1k bricks at places where there were limits and you'd have to pay shipping/hazmat per 1k primers. Finally got one order of 5k through and that's it since.

Bullets I've had good luck with ammoseek notifications. I don't think bullets will be the long term issue though so I'm not as concerned there. Much easier to manufacture, more manufacturers, etc.

Is anyone else able to go back in and view or change their notifications? I can’t get back into them to adjust them? I can change the labels (a, b, c, etc) but I can’t see which ones those are... I hope that makes sense

Is anyone else able to go back in and view or change their notifications? I can’t get back into them to adjust them? I can change the labels (a, b, c, etc) but I can’t see which ones those are... I hope that makes sense
No. I unsubscribed from a bunch but still get them. Maybe log out and log back in?

I’ve bought powder from discord notifications, ammo seek, and just stumbling across it. Helps that all meetings are virtual so I’m at my computer a lot.

primer are by far the Hardest to get.

midway has released some cci over last few min though so keep an eye out!
This discord is like Facebook adding friends. I see no way to see how anyone gets notified about reloading components.

This discord is like Facebook adding friends. I see no way to see how anyone gets notified about reloading components.
It’s nothing like Facebook first of all.

Once downloaded, in the app you need to join the reloading server, that’s the blue arrow.
The the red arrow is where you go to select what categories you want to get notifications on.
The green arrow is where you see what the notifications are popping up with the link to the item
08BBC8A0-7A71-4D5C-846B-AD812C8FB03C.jpeg

It’s nothing like Facebook first of all.

Once downloaded, in the app you need to join the reloading server, that’s the blue arrow.
The the red arrow is where you go to select what categories you want to get notifications on.
The green arrow is where you see what the notifications are popping up with the link to the item
View attachment 7585263
Thanks. Someone sent me an invite and I now can see what you posted. Unfortunately it keeps asking me to verify my phone number which I did and they keep sending me this message. Well ya. That is my phone number. Why would I delete it.

Attachments

• thumbnail_Screenshot_20210319-101641_Messages.jpg
    thumbnail_Screenshot_20210319-101641_Messages.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 29
I've had semi-reasonable success with Discord. Most stuff I click on is usually gone within minutes. I scored some Staball 6.5, 130 TMKs, 1K 123gr Lapua Scenars,and just this am 3x boxes of Berger 105gr 6mm. But you literally almost have to hit buy the moment the notification. On the 105 Bergers on Natchez this am, I clicked the link within seconds of the ding on my phone, found they were still in stock, added 10 boxes to my cart and then it said there were only 5 left. So I updated my cart to 5 and it gave me another error message that there were only 3 left. Stuff is going that fast. I ended up getting the 3. But you gotta be quick with your fingers hitting the buy button.

If I'm at work and can't check a notification and I look at it later, if it's more than about 5 min old - I don't even bother because it won't be there unless it's something obscure and not in high demand.

Yep, it's all about speed. Having said that I've scored several good reloading bits..... I just grabbed 500 6mm Berger 105g Hybrids today.

Yep, it's all about speed. Having said that I've scored several good reloading bits..... I just grabbed 500 6mm Berger 105g Hybrids today.

You sure they were Hybrids? I saw some 105 BT Targets posted, but not Hybrids.

The problem with the sites like Midway and Brownells is that they don’t assign the objects in your cart to you until they are paid for. Because the resellers are using bots to monitor and fill orders they basically steal the objects from your cart. Once an item is in your cart it should be held for at least a couple of minutes to allow you to check out. It’s not like the sellers are taking a risk if you change your mind the product will sell.
Agree.... that's total BS and should not happen. It's happened a bunch to me as well. I go to hit pay and it says there are none available. WTF???

I'm very much down on Midway at the moment..... of all the major retailers, they seem like the ones who are gouging the most whereas most of the other big names are keeping prices semi-reasonable.

Does midway really have an interest in who gets their stuff? I’m guessing they only have an interest in it selling.

that being said I get primers and powder off discord all the time. Might be luck, not sure but it has helped me a lot....

Does midway really have an interest in who gets their stuff? I’m guessing they only have an interest in it selling.

that being said I get primers and powder off discord all the time. Might be luck, not sure but it has helped me a lot....
I’m not sure what your technique is to get primers using Discord; I’ve struck out consistently trying. I’m usually decent with powder though.

I had some initial luck than a bunch of misses.
My dislike now is I receive notification for metric ton of notifications for dies, presses, and other reloading gear not the components. So it’s hard to glance at my phone when there’s so many notifications per day.

But I was successful a few times so better than nothing.

I had some initial luck than a bunch of misses.
My dislike now is I receive notification for metric ton of notifications for dies, presses, and other reloading gear not the components. So it’s hard to glance at my phone when there’s so many notifications per day.

But I was successful a few times so better than nothing.

Agreed. It's mostly noise now, with very little being posted in the way of components.

Reactions: kindabitey
I’m not sure what your technique is to get primers using Discord; I’ve struck out consistently trying. I’m usually decent with powder though.
Make sure you’re signed in to most of the big sites. When they drop you should be adding them from your wishlist to cart and checking out. I don’t even have to put in my CC info at midway...

Reactions: Lynn313
I've had good luck with powders RL16. H4350, some projectiles, 77gr SMK, still no luck on 140gr EDLM (have a backorder on them though) and brass 223 Lapua and 7SAUM Norma. GL on primers. I have them stacked deep for years and years of shooting. Old man once told me many many many moons ago always stock up on primers and powders, as they are always the first things to go when their is a possible ban incoming.

Brownells is one of the only sites that hasn’t modified their checkout procedure to make it more difficult to program BOTS to work. Try PV & NSS now & you have to find a check box and pick pics with items to prove you r not a robot.

It's already at the point where notifications for high demand items result in a rush that's essentially a DDOS attack on the vendor's website, often crashing sites or slowing the larger ones down to the point that they are nearly impossible to use until the rush passes.
I've helped crash Natchez's site at least a dozen times now.

• Haha
Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Brownells is one of the only sites that hasn’t modified their checkout procedure to make it more difficult to program BOTS to work. Try PV & NSS now & you have to find a check box and pick pics with items to prove you r not a robot.
Have you gotten your Powder Valley koozie yet?

Make sure you’re signed in to most of the big sites. When they drop you should be adding them from your wishlist to cart and checking out. I don’t even have to put in my CC info at midway...
Mine are in my wish lists but they don't send out notifications.

don't think i've gotten any wishlist email notifications. my guess is they only refresh wishlists a couple of times a day, and of course the primers etc are selling out in minutes if not seconds.

Reactions: goneballistic