• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How Far Can I Shoot With This Setup?

Beerfest19

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2023
Your moms pussy.
If somebody can tell me how far approximately I can shoot out with this setup I just got, I’d really appreciate it, as I’m not too familiar with these scope calculations and ranges. My setup as follows:

Barrett M99 29” 50 BMG Fluted With 27 MOA Rail

Atacr 7-35 Mil-R
Elevation - 100 MOA/29 MRAD
Windage - 60 MOA/17 MRAD

Spuhr 4302C 10.3 MOA 34mm 1.5” height

Thanks!!

1 million yards

A9D181AF-E7CE-4261-B6E7-6F3158A9E9D3.jpeg

This thread reeks of Glowies.

How does one "buy" such a setup and not know anything about ballistics of cartridge? The question is very vague without knowing everything else about the setup.
Bro, if you can’t provide the answer why even comment? What was the point of even commenting? This is what you do with your life?

Reactions: Conaso
You have literally provided NONE of the information needed to answer your question. You can’t even help yourself bro.
What other information you need? Funny because I just called a dude at nightforce and gave him the same info and he said I can get out to 2000 yards with it no problem. But I guess you know everything right.

• Love
Reactions: Bender
Bullet weight and which one and muzzle velocity are the bare minimum to approach your question, Rifling twist rate wouldn’t hurt to know. If you want a real answer, approximate geographic location (as a proxy for elevation and atmospherics) would be helpful.

scope, mount, barrel contour, rail, even rifle type have nothing to do with it.

Bullet weight and which one and muzzle velocity are the bare minimum to approach your question, Rifling twist rate wouldn’t hurt to know. If you want a real answer, approximate geographic location (as a proxy for elevation and atmospherics) would be helpful.

Lol 750 grain amax with a bc of 1.05 and muzzle velocity of 2750 roughly. It’s still shooting 1900fps at 1k yards. I knew that already. But I guess I’m just stupid.

Letting the default settings fill in all the details you are still leaving out, I give it 4500 yards.

Attachments

• 9FBE6D0E-5ECE-4279-93F7-E5F82B6F3472.jpeg
    9FBE6D0E-5ECE-4279-93F7-E5F82B6F3472.jpeg
    500.9 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
Letting the default settings fill in all the details you are still leaving out, I give it 4500 yards.
So I guess the the tech guy at NF is lying. Okay man. Obviously you kooks are upset you couldn’t answer the question just like you didn’t even know the answer to a hornady match bullet coefficient and muzzle velocity of a common 750 grain bullet. And most 50 cal barrels are usually 27/29” which the general rule is about a 25/50 fps loss or increase in MV. There are few smaller calibers that are different in terms of a smaller barrel making more of a difference in less MV but those are generally in the 8.5-16” range for example, 556, 300 BO, 762x39 and 762 nato.

So you either don’t shoot 50 or just don’t know shit about muzzle velocity and bc. I said approximately btw not an exact answer. If you had said even 2000-2400 yards would have been an acceptable answer instead of some dumb shit.

Last edited:

You say bullet weight and muzzle velocity. Which I said I was shooting hornady match. So 2750 fps with a bc of 1.05 lol it was in the question. 🤦‍♂️

My goal is your mom but probably won’t happen. After all I’m sure she’s having a 🐳 of a day though.
So, you're about 28, former army pog, almost certainly a former cav scout, recently divorced, and it was definitely her fault. Everytime you see drywall you want to punch it into space. Oh, and this isn't even your rifle that you're asking about, it's some buddy of yours. I'll bet I'm close..

So I guess the the tech guy at NF is lying. Okay man. Obviously you kooks are upset you couldn’t answer the question just like you didn’t even know the answer to a hornady match bullet coefficient and muzzle velocity of a common 750 grain bullet. And most 50 cal barrels are usually 27/29” which the general rule is about a 25/50 fps loss or increase in MV. There are few smaller calibers that are different in terms of a smaller barrel making more of a difference in less MV but those are generally in the 8.5-16” range for example, 556, 300 BO, 762x39 and 762 nato.

So you either don’t shoot 50 or just don’t know shit about muzzle velocity and bc. I said approximately btw not an exact answer. If you had said even 2000-2400 yards would have been an acceptable answer instead of some dumb shit.
Bro.. after your done swallowing that NF dude’s load. Why don’t you punch your info into a ballistics calculator for yourself. You’re either a lazy idiot, a troll, or just another dumb prick with 2 dollars in your pocket to rub together that should’ve known better.

So, you're about 28, former army pog, almost certainly a former cav scout, recently divorced, and it was definitely her fault. Everytime you see drywall you want to punch it into space. Oh, and this isn't even your rifle that you're asking about, it's some buddy of yours. I'll bet I'm close..
Actually 11B not divorced and married. Lol.
Bro.. after your done swallowing that NF dude’s load. Why don’t you punch your info into a ballistics calculator for yourself. You’re either a lazy idiot, a troll, or just another dumb prick with 2 dollars in your pocket to rub together that should’ve known better.
You must be triggered cause you can’t answer the question either. Lol

You’re a fucking clown. I literally just gave you a numerical answer to your dumbshit question (”how far approximately I can shoot out”).…one which is totally inclusive of mr nightforce’s guess (which by the way is a complete “get this fucking asshole off my phone“ bullshit answer. Fucking Christ. Your bullet will still be supersonic at 2000 yds. You are the one who doesn’t know shit about ballistics or you wouldn’t even have asked. How’s the concrete work? Bow kills?

You’re a fucking clown. I literally just gave you a numerical answer to your dumbshit question (”how far approximately I can shoot out”).…one which is totally inclusive of mr nightforce’s guess (which by the way is a complete “get this fucking asshole off my phone“ bullshit answer. Fucking Christ. Your bullet will still be supersonic at 2000 yds. You are the one who doesn’t know shit about ballistics or you wouldn’t even have asked. How’s the concrete work? Bow kills?
Okay democrat. Oregon. The new CA

Looks like theoretically 77 moa of elevation. But I've watched a group of guys consistenly miss with a 50 cal Barrett, and somewhat harrass an elderly couple, while TRYING to hit a 680 yard gong. I moved the couple to my bench and then giggled as I rang the gong with my iron sights FAL. YMMV.
I know the Barrett ain’t best on accuracy. I believe the m99 is the better shooting Barrett then can shoot 1 moa or under compared to the m82 and 107 with I think a 2-3 moa.

What other information you need? Funny because I just called a dude at nightforce and gave him the same info and he said I can get out to 2000 yards with it no problem. But I guess you know everything right.
I can get out to 2000 yards with my 6BR, S&B PMII, and 30moa rail. What's that say about your contact at Nightforce?

Eastern Oregon is pretty conservative. Actually most of Oregon is pretty conservative. It's just the bigger cities that votes to the left. I worked with 19D's. And I was honored to do so.

Lol 750 grain amax with a bc of 1.05 and muzzle velocity of 2750 roughly. It’s still shooting 1900fps at 1k yards. I knew that already. But I guess I’m just stupid.
If you knew that, why didn't you share it?

Reactions: MarshallDodge
Didn’t think I had too. But I guess I’m dealing with “STUPIDS”
Here we see the OP speak foolishly yet again. This time he reveals how little he knows by assuming that naming a brand of ammunition would somehow inform us as to his bullet selection and his realized muzzle velocity. 😂😂😂

Time to go about my day and not be a kook that trolls posts and gets no pussy. Lol. Time to move on with my life. If anybody contributed which only one did thanks. The rest of you can fuck off and have a great day.

Eastern Oregon is pretty conservative. Actually most of Oregon is pretty conservative. It's just the bigger cities that votes to the left. I worked with 19D's. And I was honored to do so.
I worked with plenty of 19D's. I was in the same platoon with a bunch of them for a couple years, (I was a sniper in a mech unit at Carson, and the scout platoon was made up of 19D's. A scout platoon made up of 11B's in a pure infantry unit is at least 5 x more capable). When you pick scouts based on a selection process of the best infantrymen in a battalion vs dumping a bunch of cav scouts in a platoon and calling them "scouts" is a sad way of handling things. The 19D mos attracts the worst of the worst. The real wannabes. The mos has been obsolete for about a century.