• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s How fast can Jerry Miculek fire a semi-auto AR?

Fred_C_Dobbs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2010
How fast would you expect a man who can run 12 rounds through a 6-shot revolver in under three seconds to run a "beta-dump" on a 10-round AR mag?

How about 0.39 seconds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddPTyoV-Irc

If anybody's counting, that works out to 1538 rounds/minute, almost identical to what his buddy gets with the bumpfire stock.

Somebody remind me what the cyclic rate of the M4 is?

I heard that Miculek could actually fire a revolver faster than a semi-auto pistol. He has to WAIT for the semi auto to cycle, and he could cycle the cylinder of a revolver faster than a semi auto pistol could cycle. That is DAMNED fast. I would be thrilled to be able to shoot a semi-auto as fast as it will cycle.

I don't know how to post the link using tap talk but, have you seen how fast he can cycle a Mossberg 930?

It's absolutely sick!!

Put a Geissele trigger in your AR and adjust for a short reset, watch the brass fly!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Put a Geissele trigger in your AR and adjust for a short reset, watch the brass fly!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I doubt that Miculek's gun is box stock. I'd bet that if he was handed a box stock one and anyone on this forum was using his, he'd still make em look like a fool.

Bob

He shoots an AR-Gold trigger in his ARs. Great man too. He is about like he is in the videos in person. Just wait until the Reality show with his family hits the air...should be a hoot.

I doubt that Miculek's gun is box stock. I'd bet that if he was handed a box stock one and anyone on this forum was using his, he'd still make em look like a fool.

Bob

Agreed. Just watch his video shooing the Tavor with the crappy factory trigger. He is just that good.

Jerry practices regularly with stock guns off the rack. Many of his demos require him to perform with stock guns and a lot of the comps have "issue" guns or stage guns that every competitor is required to use. He does his homework.

Those X-rail shotgun feeding devices like Miculek uses in the Mossberg 930 are really cool, but they sure aren't cheap at around $700 each!

M4 RPM is around 800, maybe a little more IIRC. I forget, but that's close.

When Miculek fires the revolver, it actually sounds faster than the M4.

Geissele's 3G and 3GSD (especially the SD with the flat bow) trigger is advertised to fire about that fast, and I can attest it's damn fast. Who needs a bumpfire stock with those available? And it's a nice trigger, if not a bit touchy.

Actually on the video he said total time of 1.39 with a reaction time of .25. That's actually .12-.13 splits and about 460 rpm. It looks like Jerry was the first and last shot so that's his actual time. If you watch his videos his revolver times tend to be around .15 - .18 depending on gun and set up. With a pistol he is a bit faster. I shot with him on a super squad at the North American championships a few years back and he ran a string on three targets with a .38 Super Open gun that was .11 on target and .13 transitions. It was fast enough to make the other GMs on the squad run over to check the splits on the timer, that's impressive.

Actually on the video he said total time of 1.39 with a reaction time of .25. That's actually .12-.13 splits and about 460 rpm....
My bad. I didn't pick up on him omitting the '1' before the '.39' because it was "understood."