• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes HOW MANY CLICKS?

1J04

Lost Squirrel
Minuteman
  • Aug 7, 2011
    PNW WA
    Probably another version of a question that's been asked a million times, but this one's mine
    smile.gif
    Gotta scope with 1/4" clicks at 100yds. Sighted in at 200yds. I'm right at 20" low at 400yds. How many clicks so I can hold dead on with my duplex reticle? And why if ya don't mind. What's the science?

Re: HOW MANY CLICKS?

1 click = .25" at 100, .5" at 200, .75" at 300, etc (.25" times each 100 yd increment), so at 400 its 1" per click, so you need 20 clicks up.

mildot.com

Right On !! Now that's instant gratification. Thanks a million.

You might find it useful to think in terms of MOA. If you are 20 inches low at 400 yards, you need to come up 5 MOA. Since your scope adjusts in 1/4 increments, you will need to come up 5 MOA or 20 clicks. It is simpler to think in MOA, I hope this helps.

Tim

Don't count "clicks". Think in either MOA or Mils, depending on what your adjustments and reticle subtend.

If you ever shoot with a partner, it's much easier to call corrections in MOA or Mils.